Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20200203齋戒茹素益身心Encouraging Every One to be Vegetarians

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2495
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20200203齋戒茹素益身心Encouraging Every One to be Vegetarians Empty
發表主題: 20200203齋戒茹素益身心Encouraging Every One to be Vegetarians   20200203齋戒茹素益身心Encouraging Every One to be Vegetarians Empty周三 2月 12, 2020 3:56 am

Now, people across the world are nervous and worried when talking about the novel coronavirus. This is a serious topic. Where did the corona virus come from? It is thought to have stemmed from wildlife. What is wildlife? Wildlife refers to animals that live in nature. Wild animals breed naturally. They are not controlled by mankind and live freely in their natural habitats,

However, in order to satisfy their desire tastes, people have been catching wild animals where virus is thought to stem from. In fact, all living beings are the same and should have the equal right to live. Wild animals are blessed to live care-freely and happily in their natural habitats. The domestic animals raised for food are in a truly pitiable state.

Whether they will live or die is controlled by humans. They are kept alive and reared for only a short, limited period. When the time comes for them, they are caught and slaughtered. All this comes from people’s indulgence for the never-ending appetite and cravings for all kinds of meats.

While the person-to-person or animal-to-person spread of the coronavirus is yet to stop, it is reported that in Hunan, China there occurred a bird flu outbreak. Because of the outbreak, people have culled many poultry; many lives were taken, which is really cruel. We humans have created bad karma by taking animals’ lives, and we have yet to awaken from it.

Though facing alarming disasters, we have yet to wake up, and we keep on creating more negative karma. This is a matter of which I am concerned with even more. Nowadays, the number of confirmed cases of the coronavirus is reported every day. All in all, I wonder how many countries will have confirmed cases that keep increasing.

After all, if we can protect ourselves and be healthy physically and mentally, it isn’t so hard to eat vegetarian diet. Hence, as much as we can, let us encourage others to be vegetarians, reduce killing animals, and stop killing animals, such is keeping the practice of abstaining from meat, and it shows our piety. With a pious heart, let us pray, and have our prayers reach the Buddhas and Bodhisattvas above.

This calls for all of us to be sincerely pious from the bottom of our hearts, uphold the precept of not killing, and make aspirations; let us harbor a kind heart, make good vows, and pray piously. Every day at noon, we pray together at the Jing Si Abode. Tzu Chi volunteers, as we know about this, Whether we are at home or attending an event, at 1:30 PM, may all of us step away from what we are doing and pray with sincere piety.

This is a expressing our heart of sincere piety. If each and every one of us does this, this outbreak should slowly and gradually end. Well, I know I can bring this up, but will everyone take part in it? So, I hesitated, and did not want to bring it up. But, seeing the current situation, I feel it is a must for me to bring it up. Let us eat a vegetarian diet, and give with the power of love.

Having abstained from meat and kept a vegetarian diet, we can truly raise our vigilance, and keep infections from spreading; this is to safeguard our health and safety. We need to make this a movement and urge many people to be vegetarians, not only a few people. If we eat a vegetarian diet every day and all the time, we will raise our vigilance. This is being sincerely pious. It is also a power of love.

Now, winter breaks are extended for many schools. Many factories and businesses have also delayed returning to work. Yet, some work still needs to be done. Medical work cannot be delayed. All in all, we need to start resuming our normal work. In Tzu Chi, as our staff resume work, I want to tell everyone to raise their vigilance, wear a face mask, wash hands often, and eat a vegetarian diet.

I want to share this with volunteers and urge them to share it with people. Everyone should awaken to this coronavirus outbreak. People can use this outbreak and awakening as a chance to quickly switch to eating a vegetarian diet. With this awakening, let us change the way we eat and the things we use to be safer. It might help us improve our health both physically and mentally.

Vegetarians have a more mellow temperament. Vegetarians also don’t get angry easily. Vegetarians are more gentle. They interact with people more harmoniously, make our society more peaceful, and make their family better and happier.

All in all, there are many benefits in eating a vegetarian diet. Why don’t people try it and start now? Don’t eat meat; instead, let us adopt a vegetarian diet to see if it truly brings us many benefits to our health, both physically and mentally. I solemnly urge everyone and encourage everyone to eat a vegetarian diet.
[/size]
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: