Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20200311盡獻職守護人間Taking Proper Precautions in the Face of COVID-19

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2495
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20200311盡獻職守護人間Taking Proper Precautions in the Face of COVID-19 Empty
發表主題: 20200311盡獻職守護人間Taking Proper Precautions in the Face of COVID-19   20200311盡獻職守護人間Taking Proper Precautions in the Face of COVID-19 Empty周四 4月 02, 2020 7:42 am

We see a news report that is very heartrending. In Quanzhou, a hotel was used as a coronavirus quarantine facility. At least 70 people were trapped after the hotel collapsed for reasons not yet made public. Life is truly impermanent. The ongoing coronavirus outbreak has made everyone afraid and insecure to begin with. With the collapse of the quarantine hotel, the overall situation has become even worse, which is indeed very worrying.

Rescuers had to save those who were trapped in a timing manner. Yet, as those trapped might have been infected, how could the rescuers who had to offer timely aid have time to prepare protective gear? Due to the outbreak, their mission was truly hard to carry out. So, I often say that words cannot describe how worried I am about the outbreak.

Those awaiting rescuer might have been infected. Yet, regardless of that, the rescuers rushed to save their lives. Words cannot describe such a situation, either. I truly admire those who have been saving lives on the frontline.

In the aftermath, our Tzu Chi volunteers in Quanzhou quickly prepared hot ginger soup and delivered it to the rescuers as it was rather chilly. They also quickly brought supplies there, including thermal blankets and portable beds, as the rescuers also needed to take a rest.

We brought thermal blankets to the firefighters and rescuers. When we saw them sleep on the ground, we’d walk over to them quietly and cover them with blankets.

We invented portable beds so rescuers and those affected won’t need to sleep on the ground. Thank you for your hard work.

The rescuers are doing hard work, so we brought hot tea and more than 300 braised eggs for them. We’ve also brought multi-grain powder, ginger soup, black tea, and coffee.

Our Tzu Chi volunteers truly are living bodhisattvas. Different groups of volunteers have been providing aid and care there.

There are also many touching stories here in Taiwan. Take our hospitals for example. The medical staff of our hospital in Hualien are very vigilant of the coronavirus outbreak. Thanks to Supt. Lin, a negative-pressure screening checkpoint that can protect medical staff members and patients has been set up outside the hospital. Our Tzu Chi members are truly admirable. With wisdom, they take action very quickly.

We also see our hospital in Xindian. When Supt. Chao asked Tzu Cheng members to help with setting up screening checkpoint outside the hospital, they mobilized very quickly. Seeing how well-built the checkpoint is, Supt. Chao shows great admiration and gratitude to our Tzu Cheng members.

As I’ve been urging everyone to go vegetarian, a campaign has been held in Tzu Chi University in Hualien to encourage teachers and students to fund discount coupons that can be used at various vegetarian eateries in Hualien. Then, those who receive a coupon can enjoy 30 NTD (1 USD) off for each meal. When I learned that they’ve launched this campaign to encourage more people to go vegetarian.

I was very happy and said: “The Abode will fund 1,000 discount coupons.” When Supt. Chao came back to the Abode, I shared with him how staff members of our Tzu Chi University were promoting the campaign. When he went back, he also launched a vegetarianism promotion campaign in the hospital. Coupons valued at 50 NTD (1.67 USD) have been issued to caretakers from Taiwan and abroad.

The coupon shows which restaurants have joined the campaign. At the restaurants on B1 floor, you can get 50 NTD (1.67 USD) off for each meal.

Information on the coupon is displayed in languages they can understand, such as Indonesian, Chinese, and English. They can understand the aim and significance of the campaign and where the y ca use the coupon.

In our hospital in Taichung, Supt. Chien and the Chinese medicine department have prepared herbal tea. Supt. Chien even presents herbal tea to our patients in person and warmly guides them how to prevent coronavirus infection and how to enjoy good health by drinking enough water, etc.

Asst. Supt. Ho of our hospital in Hualien gives herbal tea bags to patients. And Supt. Lai of our hospital in Dalin has launched an online appointment system.

The main purpose of the online appointment system is for those who wish to visit patients to log in to the system in advance. The system will determine if they can enter the hospital according to their personal information and the time they wish to visit the patients.

Reducing contact with people is the best way to prevent coronavirus infection. If the reis any confirmed case in the hospital, we can track case contacts via the system, which can ensure everyone’s safety.

Our hospitals have all launched different preventive measures to provide the best medical services. I’m very grateful to our medical staff on the frontline. Our doctors, nurses, and superintendents all safeguard our medical system carefully and work hard to provide the best services. I also feel that all Tzu Chi members are very self-disciplined and strictly follow personal hygiene practices by wearing a face mask and washing their hands often.

Yet, I’d like to remind everyone that when we wash our hands, we must cherish water. After we wet our hands and cleanse them thoroughly with soap, we shouldn’t use too much water. We must cherish water resources. We can wash our hands clean even with a small amount of water.

Our volunteers carry rubbing alcohol with them. If we cannot access water to wash our hands, we can spray some alcohol on our hands to rub and clean them. In all, at a time like this, we must strictly follow personal hygiene practices such as washing our hands often, but we must also cherish water resources.

I’ve often worried about the shortage of water resources. With the coronavirus outbreak, people have been constantly urged to wash their hands often. Yet, we should also call on people to cherish water resources. All our volunteers and medical staff must have heard what I’ve said. At a time like this, I hope we can all cherish our wisdom-life, inspire love in all, and pray with sincere piety for safety and peace in the world. I sincerely wish you the best. May you all enjoy safety and peace and grow in wisdom-life. Thank you.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: