Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20200330靜心祈禱歸真如Praying Sincerely for the Pandemic

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2495
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20200330靜心祈禱歸真如Praying Sincerely for the Pandemic Empty
發表主題: 20200330靜心祈禱歸真如Praying Sincerely for the Pandemic   20200330靜心祈禱歸真如Praying Sincerely for the Pandemic Empty周四 4月 02, 2020 8:09 am

Every day, I have now only one thought in my mind. I hope that everyone, every family, and the whole world will be safe. Yet, this coronavirus pandemic has spread to all over the world. It has spread to more than 200 countries, areas or territories. As the virus continues to spread, many countries are in lockdown.

This pandemic truly has frightened people and make everyone worry and anxious. So, we must now truly stay vigilant and discipline ourselves to follow rules. We can truly learn lessons from this crisis. I have been telling people that we must be grateful for the lessons that it brings to us, so that we can slow down, be calm, and reflect on ourselves.

Globally, many countries have urged their people to keep calm, not to go out, and stay at home. Yet, are just stopping going out and practicing self-isolation at home enough? No, this is not enough. We must also be sincere and religiously pious. We need to practice religious piety now.

Besides, the faith or religion we follow must have correct views. Religion is about guiding people to have the right direction. It teaches us to be honest and upright, follow rules, and observe precepts. We can believe in such religions that can point a right direction to us, and act accordingly. We can pray.

We all have an innate pure nature. Everyone must return to their innate pure nature and pray with their sincere heart. Our prayer must reach the Buddhas, Bodhisattvas, and all those above. We have to make our hearts pure and untainted.

I am very touched by Tzu Chi volunteers who cultivated diligently via internet every day. Early in the morning, they take part in online morning service of the Abode and dressed neatly in Tzu Chi uniform. Staying at home, volunteers pray sincerely via the online morning service at the Abode.

Last Tuesday, I had a meeting in the morning with volunteers from the US via internet. There were more than 2,000 locations joining in the meeting. Next was my meeting with volunteers in Malaysia. There were more than 5,000 locations joining in the meeting simultaneously. They reported the pandemic situation in their countries. I also had online meetings with volunteers from the Philippines and Indonesia.

Seeing and listening to their reports makes me very, very worried. Then, I say to myself that I have to express my worries and concerns. I’m worried about how long this pandemic will go on. Will it continue for one more month or two more months?

Every day I see the news. As time progresses, the number of confirmed cases increases. Of the 241 countries and territories, confirmed cases have been increasing every day. Has the virus truly spread to all over the world? Truly, I am more and more worried. I am worried and anxious. My worry has reached its highest.

So, I want to call out to all of you; have you strengthened your faith? May all of our faith be firm! Though we are obeying regulations and staying at home, our faith must be firmer than before; let us have confidence in the power of correct, religious faith.

As Buddhists, more so than others we need to believe in the heavenly beings and spiritual beings that work inexplicable ways. While expounding the Lotus Sutra, I’ve said that in the space surrounding you and me, these beings exist, though they are unseen and undetectable by us. There is a saying: there is always a deity three inches above our head.

Indeed, in our surrounding, Three inches above our head and beneath our feet; I don’t know if it’s three inches, maybe it is even closer. So, not only three inches above our heads, they are also there in our hearts. Let us be vigilant and pious; knowing to be vigilant but not to be fearfully vigilant. Let us not fear, but strengthen our faith.

Let us utilize modern technology.  For example, Tzu Chi volunteers, let us pray online more, attend online study groups, learn and spread the Dharma using the internet, and encourage each other over the internet. Such is the advancement of modern technology, which lets our minds be settled and brings out our thought of kindness and love.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: