Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20200318聲聲祈願為蒼生One Year After Cyclone Idai - A Cycle of Love in Mozambique

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2495
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-02

20200318聲聲祈願為蒼生One Year After Cyclone Idai - A Cycle of Love in Mozambique Empty
發表主題: 20200318聲聲祈願為蒼生One Year After Cyclone Idai - A Cycle of Love in Mozambique   20200318聲聲祈願為蒼生One Year After Cyclone Idai - A Cycle of Love in Mozambique Empty周四 4月 02, 2020 1:44 am

Around this time last year, Cyclone Idai devastated a few southeastern African countries. In the aftermath, our volunteers from South Africa bought aid and care to Malawi. Mr. Tino Chu and other volunteers in Zimbabwe also brought relief supplies to those affected.

How did we carry out relief in Mozambique? As relatively large areas, were severely affected there, Tzu Chi members from many countries gathered to help. We also carried out large-scale medical outreaches there. Our relief work in Africa lasted for a long time.

In he aftermath of the cyclone, I kept calling on everyone to bring aid to those affected. I’d say, “When I open my eyes, I see the world. When I close my eyes, I see hell manifested in places of suffering.” Back then, whenever I closed my eyes, I thought of how those affected were in great suffering and misery. This is why I’d say: “I see hell manifested in places of suffering.” As I was always worried about those affected, I kept urging everyone to bring them aid.

I’m very grateful that at the time, our Tzu Ci members in more than 50 countries and regions organized fundraising to bring continued aid to Africa. I still remember the severe devastation brought by the cyclone and the suffering of those affected. I also remember the devoted love of many people. Countless people made a donation.

Everyone donated what they could, be it 100NTD (3.32 USD) or 50 NTD (1.66 USD). Our Tzu Chi members also held charity fairs and donated the money they’d saved in their coin banks. Everyone believed that by pooling money together, they could relieve that suffering in Africa.

On March 14th, one year after the cyclone struck Mozambique, our volunteers held a prayer service. People there put on a skit. On the night when the cyclone struck, it rained so heavily that the village was flooded. A woman tried to wake up her husband. Unfortunately, their house collapsed and the woman lost her husband. She was grieved and wondered why such misfortune had befallen her. Then, our volunteers brought care to her and guided her to do good by practicing seven ways of giving.

Although she was poor, she could still practice the seven ways of giving. For example, when she saw those with less mobility, she could reach out her hands and support them. When she saw people carry heavy stuff, she could carry the stuff for them. When she saw the blind, she could guide them and lead them forward. She could also carry out many other god things. Then, as she gave with love, many people were inspired to do the same, and they helped her rebuild her house.

People there truly have great wisdom. Despite having no props, they vividly acted out the story on the sandy ground. Also, the y gratefully bear our volunteers’ love in mind. They always harbor a pure heart although they are poor and have suffered from many disasters. We see how they expressed their sincere piety and love with their palms together. Exactly what is the value of our lives?

There are many natural disasters in eth world. Nature’s elements have become imbalanced. Climate change is an ongoing crisis. See how earthquakes, floods, wildfires, and storms have frequently occurred. Once Nature’s elements become imbalanced, natural disasters will strike. We must be grateful for being safe and well.

Apart from harboring gratitude, we must also work with one heart to bring safety and peace to all humanity. We an all give what we can, and through giving, we can help those in need. We see children who have received clothes from our volunteers. Although the clothes might not fit, they were all very happy to receive them. Everyone, we must count our blessings, work to sow more, and pray for all humanity and the world.

With the coronavirus outbreak, our volunteers also shared preventive measures with people in Maputo. For example, they shouldn’t gather with many people, and when they cough, they need to cover their mouths. Our volunteers even showed them how to use their elbows to fully cover their mouths when coughing and how they should wash their hands. People there have truly learned and practiced the preventive measures.

I hope that the outbreak will end quickly so we can all regain safety and peace of mind. Everyone, we must all protect ourselves and strictly follow the preventive measures. Although we need to stay away from crowds, we ca still guide and inspire everyone. Whoever  we can reach by phone, we need to encourage them to pray together and eat vegetarian every day so the outbreak can end quickly.

I hope that in the face of the outbreak, we can all harbor sincere piety. I’d also like to encourage everyone toread good books and learn the Dharma. If we saty home and become panicky, our minds will be afflicted and unsettled. So, we need to do wholesome spiritual activities and have positive interactions with others.

If we cannot leave our homes, with the aid of technology, we can still support and care for one another, which is healthy for our minds. Time passes very quickly. I hope the outbreak will end very quickly, too. For that, we all need to harbor sincere piety and love at all times, interact with mutual love, and pray with sincere piety. I hope we all remain mindful always.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: