Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20100912 -- Cherishing Resources and Extending Their Lifespan (疼惜資源續物命)

向下 
發表人內容
如意
版主
版主
如意

文章總數 : 713
來自 : 嘉義
威望 : 253
注冊日期 : 2009-04-17

20100912 -- Cherishing Resources and Extending Their Lifespan (疼惜資源續物命) Empty
發表主題: 20100912 -- Cherishing Resources and Extending Their Lifespan (疼惜資源續物命)   20100912 -- Cherishing Resources and Extending Their Lifespan (疼惜資源續物命) Empty周五 10月 22, 2010 12:14 am

Date: September 12th, 2010 (Sunday)
Lecturer: Master Zheng-Yan
Subject: Cherishing Resources and Extending Their Lifespan 疼惜資源續物命

This place looks bright and spacious.
One couple was very kind to provide this place for us to do recycling work.
Only when the Earth is healthy can we humans be safe.
If the Earth is not healthy, then we won’t be able tolive safely on Earth.
Why has the Earth become ill? Because we humans are destroying it.
To make profit, humans are destroying Mother Nature.
The most prominent destruction that we can see is dueto poor soil conservation.
(這個大自然,最先的破壞,最明顯,我們看得到的是水土保持破壞)
How does that come about? It comes from cutting down trees.
Trees are cut down for construction material, but alsofor making paper pulp (做紙漿).

I remember one time I visited a pulp mill(紙漿工廠). At the pulp mill, I saw a huge pile of wood.
Then they told me that these are used to make paper. The wood is soaked in water and then processed.
A 20-year-old tree makes 50 kg of paper pulp. (種二十年的一棵樹,這樣才能製作五十公斤的紙漿)

After I heard this, I started to cherishpaper a great deal. I use a piece of paper four times.
(所以當時我聽到,開始我對這個紙,我很疼惜,我一張紙可以讓它活四次)
By using it, I am extending is “lifespan”. I really cherish every piece of paper.
(第一次紙給我利用時,是這張紙有「生命」在,所以我會很疼心去用這張紙)
The first time I use it, I write in pencil. Afterwards, I don’t throw it away.
I keep it and write on it again with a ballpoint pen.The pen ink is visible over the pencil markings.
Afterwards, I do not throw the paper away. I still keep it and write on it again with a red pen.
After that, do I throw the paper away? "No."
Next, I use an ink pento write on the same piece of paper.
So, I can use the same piece of paper four times.
Therefore, when I use the paper, it is given “four lifetimes” to use.
Similarly, every material object has itdown lifespan. How long its life lifespan is depends onhow we use it.
(所以說起來,每一樣東西都有它的性命,性命我們要讓它長,或是要讓它短,端看我們如何利用)

What we can do to protect the Earth is do recyclingwork so that we can reuse resources and reduce the need to mine for more minerals and cutdown more trees as we humans have been overexploiting nature.
(過度開挖山河大地).
Some people have asked me:
“Why is the climate so abnormal nowadays?”

“How come there are so many disasters?”

(所以有人會問師父,為什麼現在氣候這麼不順?為什麼現在災難這麼多?)
I’d answer, “It’s the result of thecollective karma living beings have created.” (我都會用一句話說,眾生共業)
Because of people’s greed and desire, they pursue material comfort and pleasure.
So, they continue to expand industry and use upresources.
So, I keep telling people that if we can offer our love to protect the land and benefit humankind, then there will have more peace and harmony on this land and among humans.
(我一直跟大家說,我們如果用這愛心,來回饋大地,回饋人類,用愛付出,如果能這樣,我們這個大地,我們這個人類,就會多些祥和)

We just passed the seventh month on the Chinese calendar, right? (Yes)
Traditionally, many Chinese people burn a lot of paper money during that month to “appease” ancestor spirits.
But in recent years, I’ve been saying that this is mere superstition (我們要正信).
Actually, what the Buddhas, Bodhisattvas, and divine beings wish is for us to have a good, kind heart.
They want us to help one another with sincere love. They want to guide us to on walk the right path.
(其實諸佛、菩薩、神、神明,他要我們的是一念善心,他要我們的是人與人互相幫助,這種就是最虔誠的愛,所以,他是要指導我們,要走正確的道路)

Meanwhile, if we burn paper money, it creates carbon emissions and pollutes the air.
Our air is already polluted by industries.
If we furthermore burn paper money, it adds more pollution to the air.
So, you can see that this year, Tzu Chi volunteers have been holding prayer events as an alternative to superstitious practices and everyone can pray sincerely for world peace.
This is part of our environmental protection effort,too.

Before coming here, I received a call from the head of Tzu Chi Canada branch.
He said that they had been invited by the local government to work with them in a cultural festival and show how we deal with the garbage produced.
Our volunteers shared with them Tzu Chi’s ideals on recycling.
During the three-day festival, our volunteers help reduced the garbage by two-thirds (垃圾減少三分之二).
I am very moved by this.

Also in China, a cultural festival is being planning.
The organizer has invited Tzu Chi to participate in the festival and share with them how Tzu Chi spreads kindness and love in Taiwan.
They hope we can share with them our experience.
This makes me very happy.

All in all, we should be mindful in our work.
It not only impacts the people in Taiwan as people all around the world see there are many good people in Taiwan doing good deeds.
Are you all happy about this? (Yes)

So, everyone, with all of you living bodhisattvas gathering there to be recycling work, this place is a blessed place.
Do you feel very hot? (No, we have the fan on)
You don’t feel hot because your mind is tranquil. (心情自然涼)

Look at the environment they work in the space is not very large but we are still very grateful to the person who provided this space.
Since we have a lot of volunteers, and they collect a lot of recyclables, even a big place will still not be big enough.
But, even though it’s not spacious, everyone still works here willingly and don’t find it stiflingly hot.
They have the inner stage of bodhisattva, so this place is an abode of bodhisattvas. (所以這裡也是一個「菩薩甕」)

Everyone gathers together here to recycle resources, out of love because we cherish the resources and wish to extend their lifespan.
By carefully sorting out the recyclables, you enable these resources to be reused. That’s truly a meritorious deed.
(大家凝聚在一起,我們愛惜物命,疼惜這些東西,把它回歸它的源頭,這些物質的性命,也可以快去快回,我們這樣好好把它分好,讓它趕緊再翻新的回來,給人利用,這真的是功德無量)

I don’t know what words to use to thank you so that’s why I’ve come here in person to express my gratitude to you personally.
(Thank you, Master)
You’ve worked so mindfully these many years.
I hope you can inspire more people to join you in this work which is spiritual cultivation.
Let us inspire more people to come here.
This is to “recruit living bodhisattvas” (人間菩薩招生) and have everyone be a bodhisattva and get involved in Tzu Chi which provides a channel to work for the good of our world and spread the spirit of love worldwide.
(人人來做菩薩,人人走進慈濟來,我們可以把愛奉獻給天下,把愛鋪向在國際)
Do you understand? (Yes)
Are you happy now that I’ve come to visit? (Yes, very happy)
Please take good care, everyone and thank you.

(Source:Da Ai TV 人間菩提)
回頂端 向下

20100912 -- Cherishing Resources and Extending Their Lifespan (疼惜資源續物命)
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: