Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20210602 垂範百世益人間 In Loving Memory of Dr. Yang Sze-piao

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2495
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20210602 垂範百世益人間 In Loving Memory of Dr. Yang Sze-piao Empty
發表主題: 20210602 垂範百世益人間 In Loving Memory of Dr. Yang Sze-piao   20210602 垂範百世益人間 In Loving Memory of Dr. Yang Sze-piao Empty周二 6月 15, 2021 5:56 am

It’s probably because of good affinities. Ever since I retired from National Taiwan University Hospital, I’ve been serving with Tzu Chi. Doing Tzu Chi’s work brought me a sense of mission. My 100th birthday wish is to retire for the second time. As long as I can still walk, I’ll continue to serve with Tzu Chi. I won’t serve at any other hospital.

There are many people I cannot let go of. Although time slips away second by second, we can form many good affinities over time. We see Dr. Yang Sze-piao. I can still feel a close connection with him. It’s as if he were still with me. When I see him, I always think of medical care. Indeed, by providing medical care for people, he contributed a lot to society.

I have faith that our medical staff members who are listening to me speaking of Dr. Yang will share the same feelings with me. I can’t bear to let go of Dr. Yang. I’m also very grateful to him.

After I planned to build a hospital in Hualien, blueprints were examined, the construction proceeded step by step, and soon the opening of the hospital was in sight. Originally, the construction would take three years to complete. Yet, with the support of many people, including the contractor and the construction workers, the hospital was completed in two years and three months.

Yet, I was worried about where to find doctors and how to establish the administrative system. When the construction was completed and most spaces had been equipped, I was worried about whether the hospital could be opened right after all the equipment was installed. As I wouldn’t want time to slip by in vain, I made arrangements quickly so the hospital could be inaugurated as soon as all the hardware was completed.

The recruitment of doctors and the establishment of the administrative system were among the much work to be carried out. When the construction was about to begin, we consulted Prof. Yang on the blueprints. I’m grateful that from then on, he gave us a lot of support and suggestions. The construction lasted for a little more than two years and he was with us all the time. Back then, he was the superintendent of National Taiwan University Hospital, and we often asked him for help.

Our Tzu Chi commissioner, Jing Xian, often visited him at the hospital, and he always offered his help without hesitation. He introduced directors and the features of different departments to Jing Xian as well as gave his suggestions. He always kept a close bond with Tzu Chi. Later on, after our hospital was inaugurated, we found that we must cultivate medical talent.

So, we planned to build a nursing school. Prof. Yang continued to give us support until the construction was completed. Yet, who would be our president? Again, Prof. Yang accepted my invitation without hesitation and became the first president of our nursing school.

When the school was completed, no one could serve as its president, so I served as acting president for a year. The Ministry of Education was concerned about my age, for I was already over 70.

Why did I serve as acting president back then?

Master invited me to take on the position due to a shortage of manpower. And, as I’d served as a hospital superintendent and I knew some leaders in Taiwan’s nursing field, I was more than willing to join the planning committee.

Thank you, Prof. Yang.
Only Prof. Yang can run this nursing school well. Thank you.

This is truly touching. I feel as if Prof. Yang had not passed away, as if he were still in my presence, still with us. His legacy will last forever and ever. When I see Prof. Yang, I always think of Prof. Tu Shih-mien, who was as dedicated to our medical mission. I’m also grateful to Prof. Tseng Wen-ping. Thanks to my good affinity with his wife, I visited his home and shared with him my hopes of building a hospital in Hualien. He also gave me support without hesitation.

We knew that as Hualien is a remote region, few people were willing to go there to serve. Support from National Taiwan University Hospital was indispensable. So, we agreed to Master’s requests unanimously.

Apart from giving us support, he also carried out our work in person. Whenever we held free clinics in Hualien or Taidong, he always made time to help even if he had to ask for time off. He always took part in our free clinics, benefiting people with his medical expertise. He also led other doctors to help with medical outreach.

These three professors helped to launch our medical mission by taking part in free clinics and supporting the construction of the hospital. Then, they also helped to initiate our educational mission. I am indeed very blessed. These medical pioneers in Taiwan who enjoyed an irreplaceable status and everyone’s respect gave us great support with our medical and educational missions.

How can I not miss them? How can I forget them? How can I not say that it’s as if they were still with us? Indeed, time passes ceaselessly and life is limited. I’ve even dreamed about them. They are truly precious to me as they always supported me in benefiting humanity and the world.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: