Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20210603 齊心防疫體時艱Working Hand in Hand to Guard Against the Pandemic

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2495
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20210603 齊心防疫體時艱Working Hand in Hand to Guard Against the Pandemic Empty
發表主題: 20210603 齊心防疫體時艱Working Hand in Hand to Guard Against the Pandemic   20210603 齊心防疫體時艱Working Hand in Hand to Guard Against the Pandemic Empty周二 6月 15, 2021 6:03 am

"We have been purchasing medical supplies and will send them to quarantine facilities next week. We Tzu Chi volunteers in Malacca will keep working to relieve the burden of the government."

Having heard that, I'm truly touched. This is how our volunteers sow blessings for the world. (In this videoconference,) Mr. Tan, our volunteer in Malaysia, told me that because of the COVID-19 pandemic, he'd called on our honorary board members there as well as local entrepreneurs to make donations and do all they can to help.

They hope to donate hundreds of millions of NT dollars altogether (one hundred million NT dollars is about 3.6 million US dollars) to help those affected by the pandemic and to support medical facilities in Malaysia for the treatment and prevention of COVID-19. At this critical moment, they've come forth to help, expressing how they will work to benefit people and society. How can I not feel touched?
富中之富,這所做的生意都是世界。我就說:只要聽到你們的聲音出來呼籲,師父就安心多了。這社會上游人士,人人聽到,人人肯出力,那就可以舒緩很多緊張,或者是物資缺乏,只要社會的人士出來

They are rich both materially and spiritually. Their enterprises are all famous around the world. I've said to them, "As long as I hear you share how you call no one another to give and serve, I will feel much reassured." As long as entrepreneurs all hear the call for help and are willing to give, stress caused by disasters will be much relieved as the entrepreneurs can help to solve the shortage of relief supplies.

In this vedeoconference, I interacted with our volunteers in Malaysia. I could see each of them on the screen. They all stayed at home due to COVID-19, and instead of having a mass gathering, they came together through live streaming. With their palms together, they greeted me at the same time. Then, after I asked them if they were fine, they replied "yes" at the same time, too.

I'm grateful that with the aid of technology, our volunteers staying at home could come together for the meeting. Although they were far away from Taiwan, they could greet me and hear my voice at the same time. What's more, volunteers from more than 6,000 places in 13 countries also took part in this videoconference, listening to volunteers in Malaysia share their experiences and also listening to my talks. All of this was possible thanks to the advancement of technology.

From what our volunteers in Malaysia have shared, I've learned that they are all very diligent. They've been listening to my Dharma talks and watching my TV programs such as "Life Wisdom." I have faith that they are also listening to me right now. They've mentioned things I had said and when I had said them. And I did say those words at the time. I feel that they are truly close to me in heart. They listen to each of my talks. I'm very touched.

There is also an associate professor who has studied COVID-19 mindfully and promoted vegetarianism to ease the pandemic.

"Every year, about two million people died of zoonoses. There might be another pandemic after COVOID-19. Only vegetarianism can keep pandemics at bay."

Also, a volunteer with a chronic disease improved his health by going vegetarian.

"He has a cardiovascular disease. Having eaten vegetarian for 21 days, he went to see his doctor, and he was allowed to stop taking three of the four medicines that he'd been taking for 13 years."

See, the effect of vegetarianism is truly inconceivable. Having heard what they've shared, I truly hope that they can share these true stories with more people. They've shared the stories with me, and I think that these stories are truly worth sharing with everyone. In all, due to the surging COVID-19 outbreak in Taiwan, those in the medical system have much hard work to do and are under a lot of stress. They are all overwhelmed.

At a time like this, healthcare workers truly must shoulder the great responsibility of safeguarding people's lives and health with love. Over the past few days,s I've often said that it's as if all the medical staff had gone to the battlefield to fight the COVID-19 virus, which is like a formidable enemy. Medical staff members, who are like brave warriors, need to protect themselves by putting on armor-like protective gear.

Only when warriors protect themselves well will they be able to safeguard the city gates against enemy attacks and ensure the peace of the country. Now, people around the world are faced with the virus, a formidable enemy. We must all protect ourselves from the virus. Above all, healthcare workers must be very vigilant and cautious.

I hope our doctors and nurses gear dress in armor-like protective gear when battling the enemy. Only when they do so can they shield themselves from enemy attacks. This outbreak is truly threatening, so they must brace themselves against the virus. I'm grateful to them all. Indeed, I cannot bear to see that they have so much hard work to do. I'd like to remind them to take good care of themselves.

I'm grateful to our doctors and nurses as well as our volunteers. May all of them and people around the world enjoy peace and safety. For that, everyone must express sincere piety by going vegetarian.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: