Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

靜思晨語--20110726《法譬如水》四執

向下 
發表人內容
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

文章總數 : 29098
年齡 : 70
來自 : 台中
威望 : 1661
注冊日期 : 2009-01-11

靜思晨語--20110726《法譬如水》四執  Empty
發表主題: 靜思晨語--20110726《法譬如水》四執    靜思晨語--20110726《法譬如水》四執  Empty周二 7月 26, 2011 6:54 pm

回頂端 向下
在線
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20110726《法譬如水》四執    靜思晨語--20110726《法譬如水》四執  Empty周二 7月 26, 2011 10:48 pm

【證嚴上人開示】
天地萬物都有一種,境界的取著。前面說過「四取」。取之後,還有「著」。所以這個「著」就是執著,所以說:「四執造一切罪。」
或因四執造一切罪
我們在日常生活中,就是在觀念、思想、見解等等…,緣著外面的境界,不是取便是執著,所以生出很多的煩惱,自然就會造作種種錯誤的行為。
這都是在講境與心的觀念,所以這裡說四執。
四執:
執有、執空
執亦有亦空、執非有非空

難免我們在修行中,我們的思考有時也會有迷失的時候。迷的思考的路,有時候真的會迷失。
凡夫尚未接觸佛法之前,多數的人都有「執」,這可以說在凡夫是很普遍,這種執著本來就有了。我們難道不曾聽說過:「這個人很固執。」是啊!每個人都會被人說固執,因為每個人的喜好、興趣都不同。有興趣的,他就會心生愛,就會比較固執在我所愛的。
每個人都有不同的興趣,有的人愛喝茶,有人愛喝咖啡。愛喝茶的如果看到咖啡,就說我不要。我要喝茶,我不愛喝咖啡。若是愛喝咖啡的,看到茶他們就排斥,是不是可以給我一杯咖啡?這也是固執。舉這個例子都是同樣的,每個人都有所偏好,所以我們難免會執著。
小的事情在日常生活中,有我們的習氣、有我們的執著、有我們的喜愛等等…,這是我們日常的生活,若是一個家庭,雖然是同一個母親生的,但是幾個兄弟姊妹,他們的興趣也一樣不同。晚上的電視節目,有的人喜歡選擇文藝片;有的人愛選擇紀錄片;有的人愛選擇武打片;有的人愛看卿卿我我,那種男女之間。所以四個兄弟姊妹,就有不同的興趣,為了看電視也會爭吵。
這就是同樣的父母、同一個家庭,興趣觀念就不同。
社會一樣,更加複雜,同一個社會,社會,看現在的社會這麼動盪、這麼不安定,不是出於社會的毛病,是出於人的心裡。看看我們現在的社會,每一天都讓人覺得,怎麼會發生這樣的事?這就是因為人人有不同的興趣,人人有無明的迷思,所以造成整個社會會動盪、會亂。
若是國家?國與國之間也一樣。就像二十世紀初,那時的八國聯軍,在臺灣那時候,一直有戰事,社會也一直很亂,甚至連其他的國家,也要來侵佔臺灣。那是過去的世紀。
但是到了世紀初,二次世界大戰開始發生,一連串下來,很多國家非常複雜化,整個國際就像戰爭的舞台一般。國與國之間連環的戰事發生,這樣一連串一直下來。一直到那時候在廣島,一顆原子彈投投在廣島,是在(1945年)8月6日,可知道多少人,那顆原子彈投下去,整個建築物,就像骨牌全部掃倒,很牢固的建築物,也整個融掉了。人也一樣,不經意只是一個閃光,人的皮就脫掉了!有的當場死亡,受傷的更多。幾十萬人死於瞬間剎那!幾百萬人因為原子彈遺留傷痕!
在廣島是(1945年8月6日),三天後,就是(1945年8月9日),另外一顆原子彈落在長崎。這顆原子彈在長崎,一樣造成很多人死亡,無法計算的傷害!日本廣島和長崎,這種戰後遺留下來的原子塵,還是沒有消散!到目前為止,那個地方的種植,無論是土質、無論是空氣,連地上物的植物,現在再去採來化驗,還是輕微含有原子素的化學(成分),真的是很可怕!
這只不過是人的觀念,所以連續有多少國家,不知道在爭什麼?就是這樣在爭、這樣爭戰、傷害,傷害了多少無辜的人民,一直遺留到現在。這叫做「執有」和「取著」。
前面的「欲取」,那種心就是一種「心欲」,想要就去取,這都是從執著生起,所以有執著的心,就會生起爭取的念。你要取,我不給你。那就起爭端了。所以說起來,這都是執,這種執著的確很苦。
人心「執有」
就會生起欲取的念
求而不得產生爭端
將苦不堪言

有的人是「執空」。沒有就是沒有,生來就是無一物。就是赤裸裸地來。其實這個世間,什麼叫做因果,都沒有。我就是這樣來,就是這樣生活,我怎麼生活怎麼高興。高興生活就好了!不管別人用什麼眼光看他。
在英國有一位男人,一個男人他認為生活,天體自然的生活就好了,一切動物都不必穿衣服,為什麼人要穿衣服?所以他一直要讓大家知道,生
活自然就好了,何必再穿衣服?所以他常常全身赤裸在路上跑。但是他不死心,警察已經取締他八次了!但是他不死心,他不放棄,他覺得應該要提倡,這種天體、自然的生活。所以他發了一個願,哪怕警察再取締,他說,他還是不會放棄。
他只有一個期待,他所期待的就是,在氣候還沒有轉涼以前,他還會怕冷,既然是天體自然,應該冷熱都一樣。其他的動物還不是一樣,無論冷熱,牠們的生態都是這樣,這樣才是牠們的生態。
不過,他就是這樣執「空」,他要讓大家看,沒有什麼就是這樣。不過,他比較擔心的就是,天氣冷的時候,天氣冷的時候,天氣冷他也是要穿衣服,沒穿衣服會凍死,尤其是英國的冬天是很寒冷!
這種「執空」的人生,這種人生實在是,也是會亂掉人生社會的次序。這種人道、人的軌道次序,會遭這種執空的人撥無因果,沒有人倫道德,沒有廉恥禮義!這樣也是亂了社會!所以執空也不對!
人心「執空」
不信因果、不管他人
只求一己之樂
欠缺人倫道德
將擾亂社會秩序

再來就是「執有亦執空」。也是有、也是空,到底「有」,從這個物質等等的一切,他應該是執有,因為這我的就是我的!我的東西你不能碰。你的和我的一樣,你計較什麼?一切皆空!你的和我的沒有差別,我的就是我的!這種人我想應該也有。
人心「執亦有亦空」
將出現雙重標準
對己「執有」
認為我的就是我的
不與人分享
對人要求「一切皆空」
你的如同是我的
不該計較

有的人是「執非有非空」。同樣的意思,「非有」就是沒有;「非空」就是有。亦有亦空,非有非空,這在修行上,也常常有這樣的偏向。
有的人想要守戒,說不定會犯更大的戒!就像《譬喻經》中,有這樣一則經文:
就說有一位,看到人家在播種時,覺得人家為什麼種得那麼好?他就問:「你為什麼能種得那麼好?」這個人就教他,農夫就教他:「作物要種得好,就是要施肥、灌溉。需要肥料和水。」他聽了覺得:「嗯,這樣我知道方法了,我應該來學這種方法。」
不過,他在那裡看,看人在那裡施肥,他自己就想:「這樣怎麼行得通?在那裡施肥,你澆下去時,人又在那裡走,土地是不是會被你踩硬了?再者,在那邊施肥,腳要踩在土地上,也不乾淨!」
所以就自己想了一個辦法,他覺得,不必肥料歸肥料、水歸水,把肥料和水都混在一起,和土都混在一起才來耕種。他覺得這樣省力氣!
再來,耕種的時候,他心想兩隻腳在那裡踩,把土都踩硬了!他說這樣不聰明,應該自己的腳不要著地。這要用什麼方法呢?他就用一張床,自己坐在床上來播種。但是床不會動!他請了四個人來抬,四個人來抬,他才在那裡播種!
像這樣大家來想想,捨不得兩隻腳下去踩土,怕土地會硬掉。他以八隻腳下去踩!施肥和澆水,有前後的次序,他認為一次完成。這就不對了。
各位,我們修行同樣有次序,同樣要有先後,尤其是學佛,學佛,我們必定要受教,師徒相傳!我們要依教奉行。不要像這位,去請教別人;人家教了,他又自作聰明。
我們有時要持戒,也要很小心。所以不能執著自己,執著自己,往往就會出問題。
人心「執非有非空」
雖然發心持戒
卻執著於自我
無法行於中道
易犯下更大的過錯

所以「四執」,大家要小心。不要執有,不要執空,我們要以智慧來分析!也不要亦有亦空、亦空亦有。所以大家在日常生活中,我們要用真正適合生活的方式,顧好我們的心。所以要多用心!
回頂端 向下
在線
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20110726《法譬如水》四執    靜思晨語--20110726《法譬如水》四執  Empty周五 7月 29, 2011 3:40 pm

Lecturer: Master Zheng-Yan
Subject: The Four Attachments (四執)

All living beings have a certain attachment to their perceptions of the world. Earlier we talked about the Four Clingings. After “clinging” comes “grasping” and “grasping” is attachment. So the “Four Attachments cause all wrongdoings.”

In our daily lives, our views, reflections, and understanding are formed in response to external phenomena. We either grasp or we are attached to something, and that naturally leads to vexation and various misbehaviors. We are talking about external states and the mind.

So the Four Attachments are: Attachment to Existence. Attachment to Emptiness. Attachment to Both Existence and Emptiness. Attachment to neither Existence Nor Emptiness.

At times our thinking becomes clouded while in the midst of our practice. Sometimes our thoughts go astray and we may get lost. Before coming in contact with Buddhism, most people have “attachments.” This is quite common for ordinary people. It is something that already exists within us. Haven’t we all heard the comment “this person is so stubborn?” Yes, everyone can be described as stubborn because everyone’s interests and likes are different. If you’re interested in something, your mind will crave it and become attached to whatever it is you like.

Everyone has different interests, some love to drink tea and some love to drink coffee. When offered coffee, one who loves tea will say “I don’t want coffee I want tea. I don’t like to drink coffee.” If a person loves coffee he or she will find tea displeasing and ask for a cup of coffee. This is also attachment, or stubbornness.

This is a common example. We all have our own preferences. Thus it is inevitable for us to be attached. Regarding the little details of our daily lives, we have our habits, we have our attachments, and we have our likes. This happens every day. Within a family, even though the children are from the same mother, they each have different interests. At night when they watch television, some like dramas, some like documentaries, some like action films, and some like romance. So these four brothers and sisters all have different interests and will fight over what to watch. Despite having the same parents, their interests and views are different.

Society is even more complicated. Today’s society is filled with turmoil. This instability is not caused by society as a whole, but by individual mindsets. If we observe our present society, we wonder how all these events occur. This is because everyone has different interests and is subject to confusion caused by ignorance.

Thus, society is unstable and chaotic. This also applies to international relations. For example, in the early 20th century the Eight-Nation Alliance marched on China. At that time, Taiwan was constantly at war and suffered internal unrest. Moreover, other countries wanted to invade Taiwan too. That happened in the previous century. And when World War ll began, the relationships between countries became very complicated.

The world was like a stage set for war. Nations declared war upon each other, and events escalated until the nuclear bomb was dropped on Hiroshima on August 6, 1945. Countless people died when that bomb fell. Entire buildings fell like dominos. Even well-built structures completely melted. The same happened to people. In a flash of light, their skin fell off. So many died instantly and many more were injured. More than 100,000 people died instantly. Millions still bear the wounds from the bomb. This happened in Hiroshima on August 6, 1945.

Three days later, on August 9, 1945 another nuclear bomb landed on Nagasaki killing tens of thousands of people as well. The long term effects were incalculable. At Hiroshima and Nagasaki, the nuclear fallout has never dissipated even to this day. The fallout still remains in the soil, air, and plants. When you take a sample, they all contain trace elements of radiation. That is very frightening. This was caused by individual mindsets.

So many countries continue to fight without knowing why they are fighting, they just keep battling. These wars have harmed so many innocent people and their effects remain to this day. This is “Attachment to Existence” and “grasping”.

Earlier we spoke of “Clinging to Desires.” Such a mindset is full of desires. Desire creates the urge to obtain. This arises from attachments. The idea of fighting for something arises from attachments. When you want something and I won’t give it to you, it creates conflict. So at the end, people with these attachments really suffer.

When the mind gets “attached to existence,” desires will arise. When we cannot fulfill our desire, it creates conflicts, causing unspeakable suffering.

Some are “Attached to Emptiness.” They believe in nothingness, that we come into this world naked and empty-handed. So they do not believe in the law of cause and effect in this world. “This is how I came, and this is how I live as long as I’m happy.” As long as they are living happily, they don’t care what others think.

In England there was a man who believed in living as naturally as possible. “If animals don’t need to wear clothes, why do humans? He wanted people to know that to live as naturally as possible, there was no need for clothes, so he often ran around the streets naked. The police had arrested him eight times, but he refused to give up and refused to let go of his ideas, because he felt the need to extol this natural way of life. So he made a vow. Even if he were arrested again, he said he still wouldn’t give up.

He only had one wish: to finish a journey (across the UK) before the weather turned cold. He was still afraid of the cold! If being naked is the natural state, it shouldn’t matter if it’s hot or cold. Animals, no matter the weather, exist in their natural state. He was so attached to “emptiness” that he wanted to show others that there is nothing to it. But he was still worried about the cold weather. He would have to wear clothes or freeze, since England’s winter is so cold.

His choice of lifestyle disrupts societal conventions. Civil society will be ruined by those who discredit the consequences of their actions. Those who lack ethics, morals, honor, and integrity will bring chaos to society. So attachment to Emptiness is wrong.

When the mind is Attached to Emptiness, one does not believe in cause and effect, and yields to one's desires without regard for others. This lack of ethics and morals will disrupt the order in society.

Next is “Attachment to Both Existence & Emptiness.” From a materialistic standpoint, some are attached to existence because “what is mine is mine, you can't touch my things. But what is yours is also mine.” Many people think that way. “Since everything is empty, why are you arguing? There's no difference between yours and mine, so it's all mine." I think these people exist as well.

If the mind gets “attached to both existence and emptiness there will be a double standard. Toward oneself, one applies the principle of existence: “what is mine is mine, and I do not need to share with others.” Toward others, one applies the principle of emptiness: “whatever is yours is mine, and you should not fight me over it.”

Some are attached to "neither existence nor emptiness,” “non-existence" is having nothing, "non-emptiness" is having something. Some people try to apply the biased concepts of "both" and "neither" toward existence and emptiness in their practice. When some try to uphold precepts, they violate even higher percepts.

In the Sutra of Parables, there is a story about a man who saw others planting and marveled, at their good harvests. So he asked, "How do you have such good harvests?" The farmer told him, "If you want to be successful, you need to fertilize and water your plants." So this man thought, "Now that I know what to do, I should do it." But then he stood and watched how the farmer fertilized his plants, and he thought to himself "That's not a very good way to do it. If you fertilize that area and then walk on it, won't you harden the earth? And when you're fertilizing the ground, your feet will get dirty when you stand there." So he thought up his own method. He thought it was unnecessary to fertilize and water separately, so he decided to mix the two into the soil before he planted the seeds. He felt what would be more efficient. When it came to planting, he stood there on both feet and felt he was hardening the ground.

He thought that was not smart, and didn't want to stand on the ground. What did he do? He sat on a bed while sowing the seeds. But the bed could not move, so he hired four people to carry it, while he sowed the seeds.

Let us all think, he was afraid to harden the earth with his two feet, but his solution put eight feet on the ground. There is an order to fertilizing and watering and he thought he could do it all at once. This is wrong.

Everyone, there is an order in practice, a before and after, especially in learning Buddhism. We need to be taught by a teacher; the teachings are passed from teacher to student. We must follow the teachings and practice. Do not be like this man who asked for advice, and after receiving it, created his own shortcuts. We have to adhere to the precepts carefully, and not stubbornly cling to our own views as self-absorption often causes problems.

The mind is "attached to neither existence nor "emptiness". When one vows to uphold the precepts, but subjects them to one's interpretation, one is not really following the Middle Way and easily makes even bigger mistakes.

So everyone should be aware of the Four Attachments. Do not be attached existence or emptiness. We need to analyze this with wisdom. Do not be detached from existence or emptiness. So we can lead our daily lives in a truly fitting manner.
We must care for our hearts. Therefore, please always be mindful.
(Source: Da Ai TV 靜思晨語 法譬如水)
回頂端 向下
在線

靜思晨語--20110726《法譬如水》四執
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: 靜思晨語 :: 靜思晨語--法譬如水-
前往: