Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

靜思晨語--20110803《法譬如水》福慧是學佛成佛目標

向下 
發表人內容
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

文章總數 : 29096
年齡 : 70
來自 : 台中
威望 : 1661
注冊日期 : 2009-01-11

靜思晨語--20110803《法譬如水》福慧是學佛成佛目標 Empty
發表主題: 靜思晨語--20110803《法譬如水》福慧是學佛成佛目標   靜思晨語--20110803《法譬如水》福慧是學佛成佛目標 Empty周三 8月 03, 2011 1:43 pm

月亮 在 周一 8月 08, 2011 7:51 pm 作了第 1 次修改
回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20110803《法譬如水》福慧是學佛成佛目標   靜思晨語--20110803《法譬如水》福慧是學佛成佛目標 Empty周三 8月 03, 2011 3:09 pm

【證嚴上人開示】
我們在昨,中說到「縛」,其中有貪縛,人生就是因為貪,不知足的貪念,就引導我們走進無底洞,貪的陷阱,所以自己自綑自縛。在這一生中,為了不知足,為了貪心不足,我們做了多少錯誤的事?
光是一個貪字,就使很多無明不斷成長,讓我們的煩惱不斷增加。本來就已經帶著這個業的種子而來,加上這個社會,又使我們不斷增加。我們現在學佛,不能再增加了,我們應該要知道無明的源頭、煩惱的起點,我們要趕緊,這個時候不能再成長。不只是不再成長,還要從源頭、起點不斷消除,這才是我們修行的目標!
所以,好好成長慧命,增加我們的智慧。智慧是從人群中的常識中得來,無私的常識、無污染的常識就是智慧。常識就是在人群中的經驗,在人群中見境不動心?不會惹起我們的煩惱,不會引起我們的無明,我們就用這心態,來對待周圍的境界。
三人行必有我師焉,好的,我們要趕緊吸收學起來,學起來就是我們的功夫;學起來就是無形的資糧;也就是我們從凡夫地,要到聖域的資糧。學起來,不恥下問,我們要學。不好的型態被我們看到,我們就要自我警惕。聽到別人不守規則、聽到別人是非的人生,我們聽了就要自省,我有沒有這樣?為什麼有那麼多煩惱無中生有?和我們沒有關係,為什麼還要去拉那層關係,來我們的心中?自己要趕緊反省,不要捲入是非之中。
雖然隨著境界,我們的心不會被誘引。這也是要在人群中鍛鍊出來,在人群中才有常識可瞭解,才有經歷。我們若是在這樣的環境中,壞的不會染上,好的能吸收,這就是增長智慧。
修行是在人群中
看見好的形態
趕緊學習
看見不好的形態
要自我警愓
時時反省
不捲入是非之中
就能習得
見境不動的智慧

所以慧,我們要多增長,在人群中長了智慧,同時也要增加福業,造福人群、福慧雙修。
每一回大家聚集的時候,話說完了,都會有一句話祝福大家,祝福大家「福慧雙修」。這句話雖然是順口溜,好像說出來很簡單,我們是不是以最最虔誠的心,期待人人都能夠福慧雙修?我們祝福別人福慧雙修,但是我們有沒有?
祝福別人福慧雙修,這就表示福和慧這兩個字,就是我們學佛要成佛的目標。我們學佛,如果沒有福的資糧,沒有和眾生結好緣也無法成佛,因為缺福。如果有福沒有智慧,哪怕和大家結了很多好緣,但是無法表達出佛陀的教法,要如何自度自己、廣度他人呢?
我們只是有福無慧,這樣也是很辛苦,所以我們必定要福慧雙修。
過去有一對師兄弟,一個修福,一個修慧。
修福的那位,來生在國王的花園裡,蓋了一間很堂皇富麗的象舍,讓牠披金戴銀,給牠全套的照顧,伺候得很好。這隻象有福,也是過去生中修來的。
一位出家人,出去托缽,常常都是空缽而回。但是他能出家,能夠聽聞佛法起歡喜心,立堅定的意志修行,不失人身能得聞佛法。說來他有慧,有智慧,沒有失掉人身。
但是有一天,這位出家修行者,走過那間象舍,看到這頭象,好像是認識的人,站在那裡再回顧一下。就對這頭象說:你我師兄弟一場,你修了福、缺了慧,對佛法不用功。但是當時和很多眾生結了很多好緣,但是聽聞佛法不認真,所以你報得此生,受盡比人還有福的福報。而我過去生中,只顧自己聽聞佛法,我不顧他人、不結好緣,所以落得這輩子雖然能夠修行,但是飢餓貧困。眾生看到他不會起歡喜心。」
所以這個故事,我們就知道,福慧要雙修!
福與慧
是學佛成佛的目標
在人群中增長了智慧
同時也要造福人群
才能福慧雙修

我們要有福就要捨,捨,除了捨去身外財、利、名,煩惱,棄,捨去一分鐘前的煩惱,我想這是最重要的。不要有人我是非的煩惱,放在心中,不要讓物質的貪,貪無窮盡。我們若能捨,這就是智慧,所以福慧雙修!
福來自於捨
捨去財色名利
捨去人我是非
捨去煩惱
能捨就是智慧
此即福慧雙修

我們無論是人我是非要捨離,外面欲樂的境界,真的也要捨,不要貪。光是一個貪字,就有很多事好說。
因為世間的煩惱都是來自貪,貪不得會怎麼樣呢?瞋,發脾氣!你看,如果看到一群狗或貓,在搶一塊骨頭,一大群圍過來搶,搶不到的會怎麼樣?發脾氣!或是骨頭牠已經搶到了,一邊在吃,一邊還要佔住另一根骨頭。看到其他狗過來,開始就要吠了,就發威了。畜生是這樣,人也差不多。
自己的享受已經夠了,有餘的還怕被人侵佔,怕別人比我們有錢、怕別人的生意比我們好、怕別人的名聲比我們大、怕別人的位比我們高。之間,看到別人發達,心無法忍,發脾氣。這就是煩惱。
我們都常說,己欲達先達人。我們要得到成就,就先去成就別人。不要成就自己就好,把別人壓下去,這樣就不對,這樣就不是可愛的人生。真正可愛的人生是互相互助。
看看,菲律賓那兩個連體嬰,在我們醫院開刀,非常成功,把這兩個孩子分開時,很多記者來訪問。醫院的醫師在記者會中,他們不是說,那是我,我麻醉得很成功。我用什麼方法、什麼方法,讓他們的麻醉恰恰好,讓他們好開刀。不是這樣。
他們是說,那沒什麼,麻醉就是本來的程序,要開刀之前,本來就要做這個動作,這沒有什麼。其實我最佩服的是,開刀的某某醫師,李醫師、張副院長等等,說了很多位。第一刀開下去,當時下刀下得好。我跟李醫師說,這兩個孩子可以流的血,最多是一百二十CC,不能讓她們流太多血。這個醫師負責分割肝的醫師,他就想盡辦法,讓肝臟在開刀中,血管不會流血。所以他就很用心,讓整個過程都沒有流血。
這個醫師接受訪問,你是用什麼功夫?他說,這沒有什麼,其實刀要開得好,是要靠麻醉科。麻醉科麻得好,讓我能安心。麻醉科許醫師又交代叮嚀我,不能讓她們流血。可見麻醉的功夫非常入微,知道這兩個孩子身上的血流量,所以這是麻醉科(的功勞)。
聽起來很多團隊中的醫師,一個稱讚一個,都沒有說是我做得好。你可知道那天,他們在開記者會時,同步(轉播),我在這裡也看得到,真的聽了他們整場的記者會,我實在很感動。聽到稱讚別人的那位醫師,我從內心說了不起!很讚嘆,所以覺得這個人很得人疼。一路一直聽下來,我才知道原來我這麼有福,有這麼多年輕的醫師,品行都那麼好,這就是品德。
讚嘆別人就是美化自己;每個人都那麼會讚嘆別人,這就是美德!所以看到他們這樣,不為自己,都是為別人。個孩子開完刀,就當成自己的孩子。看到這樣,這就是人生,真的是解脫自己,同時也解脫別人。這兩個孩子,終於能各奔前程,她們能穿她們愛穿的衣服;吃她們想吃的東西;走她們想走的路,自己能選擇將來人生的興趣,你想,這是不是解脫呢?這是給她們一周歲最好的禮物。
就是這個醫療團隊合起來,才能使這對姊妹,得到自由的人生。所以這群醫師很歡喜,都不是說,你們是因為我,所以才能解脫。他們歡喜就是感恩,有這對姊妹來試驗我的功夫。
所以常聽到,我如果說某某醫師,我真的很感恩你,看到你們這樣的功夫,能把肝分開都沒有流血,實在是很感恩。他都說:「師父,我要感恩她們,如果不是她們,我也不知道自己能做到這件事。
那種付出不居功,同時還說感恩。你想,這是不是佛菩薩的境界呢?他能使眾生解脫;他能以愛心付出;他能不放在心上;沒有自大、沒有我慢,那種歡喜的付出,你看,歡喜,歡喜就沒有瞋。
瞋和輕安歡喜自在,這兩個境界來比較,有瞋恨心的人,是看不得別人發達、得福,無法忍受別人有好的境界。這就是無法忍受別人好,不能忍受他人的榮耀、別人得意、別人得到好的。我實在不能忍。不能忍,他就發脾氣了。
有的人就是那分心量很大,付出無所求同時感恩,這就是菩薩,這就是佛心,不忍眾生受苦難,所以甘願歡喜去付出。若能如此,我們就不會受瞋所縛!
日常生活中
若能不自大無我慢
甘願歡喜去付出
就不會受瞋所縛

我們要把握時間,趕緊守住我們的本分、盡我們的本事,不能等待無常的人生,人生很無常,所以大家要時時多用心!
回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20110803《法譬如水》福慧是學佛成佛目標   靜思晨語--20110803《法譬如水》福慧是學佛成佛目標 Empty周六 8月 06, 2011 6:41 pm

Lecturer: Master Zheng-Yan
Subject: Cultivate Both Blessings and Wisdom, This is the Way to Buddhahood. (福慧是學佛成佛的目標)

Yesterday we discussed Bonds, including the Bond of Greed. Our greed causes discontent and leads us into a bottomless pit, the trap of greed. So we bind and trap ourselves. In this life we make so many mistakes because of greed and discontent.

Greed alone can cause continuous growth of ignorance and endless accumulation of afflictions. We brought this seed of karma with us, and then society caused it to continuously grow. Now that we are leaning Buddhism, we cannot let it grow. We should know the source of ignorance, the origin of affliction. We must hurry to stop it from growing. In addition, we must constantly eliminate it at the source. This is the goal of our spiritual practice.

So we should carefully nurture our Wisdom-life by developing our wisdom. Wisdom is gained through interaction with others. By being pure and unselfish, we can realize wisdom. Wisdom is realized through working with people, remaining unmoved when facing challenges. Thus we will not give rise to afflictions or ignorance. This is the mindset we should use in facing the conditions around us. “In a group of three at least one is my teacher.” We should quickly learn good things and include them in our repertoire, add them to our intangible assets, and use them to fuel our ascension to sainthood.

We aspire to learn, so we dare to ask. When situations appear bad, we should remind ourselves to be vigilant. As we hear of other people’s transgressions or their troubled lives, we need to reflect on our own lives, to see whether we are the same. Why do so many afflictions come out of nowhere? Why are we deeply bothered by things that have nothing to do with us? We should quickly reflect, so as not to be trapped in the conflict.

Our minds remain unwavering despite external temptations. We can only gain this knowledge and understanding through experience, from working among people. If, under such circumstances, we remain undefiled by bad things, and can absorb good things, we will nurture our wisdom.

Spiritual cultivation takes place people. When we see something good, we should learn it readily. When we see something negative, we should be vigilant and constantly self-reflect. In remaining untouched by conflict, we learn the wisdom of an unwavering heart.

Therefore, wisdom is to be nurtured among people. We also want to increase blessed karma by bringing good fortune to others, thus cultivating both blessings and wisdom. Each time our gatherings come to an end, we wish each other, “May you cultivate both blessings and wisdom.”

This phrase comes easily to us, and seems to be easily said. Are we sincerely hoping that everyone can cultivate both blessings and wisdom? When we bless others with this greeting, do we wish the same for ourselves? To attain Buddhahood, we need to cultivat “blessings” and “wisdom”; this is the goal of learning Buddhism.

As we learn Buddha’s teachings, if we do not make good connections with others, we will be unable to cultivate blessings, and unable to attain Buddhahood, because we lack blessings. However, if we have blessings without wisdom, even if we have made many good connections, we cannot properly convey Buddha’s teachings. How can we transform ourselves and others? So, having blessings without wisdom also makes things difficulty. This, we must cultivate both blessings and wisdom.

Once, there were two practitioners. One cultivated blessings, the other wisdom. The one with blessings reincarnated as an elephant, and lived a lavish life in the Kind’s garden. Decked in gold and silver, he was well cared for in every respect. The elephant lived a blessed life, a result of his cultivation in his past life. The other was a monk who asked for alms, and often returned empty-handed. However, as a monk he experienced joy by listening to the Dharma and vowed to persist in his practice.

Because he had wisdom, he was able to be reborn as a human, and study Buddha’s Dharma. But one day, this monk walked past the elephant pen. When he saw the elephant he had an inkling of recognition. After he looked more carefully, he said to the elephant, “You and I were fellow practitioners. You cultivated blessings, but not wisdom, you were not dedicated to studying the Dharma. But you made many positive connections with many sentient beings, even though you did not study hard. So you are born in this life, and enjoy a life more blessed than most people.”

“On the other hand, I focused on myself, listening to the Dharma. I neglected to make good connections with others. So in my current life, even though I can still study the Dharma, I am poor and hungry.” People did not feel joy when they saw this monk. This story tells us we need to cultivate both blessings and wisdom.

Blessings and wisdom are needed to learn Buddhism and attain Buddhahood. While we nurture our wisdom among people, we need to strive to benefit them as well. Thus we can cultivate both blessings and wisdom.

By letting go, we cultivate blessings. Let go of all things external: money, wealth, fame, afflictions. Let go of the afflictions from the moment before. I think this is very important. Do not retain afflictions caused by interpersonal disputes. Avoid the inexhaustible greed for material goods. Wisdom also comes from letting go, therefore we can cultivate both blessings and wisdom.

Letting go begets blessings. Let go of money, beauty, fame and wealth. Let go of interpersonal conflicts. Let go all afflictions. To let go is to have wisdom, the way to cultivate both blessings and wisdom.

We should let go of all interpersonal conflicts and all materialistic desires. Let go, do not be greedy. There is a lot to say about greed. Greed accounts for all the worldly afflictions. What happens when greed is not satisfied? It provokes anger. Have you ever seen a group of dogs fight for a piece of bone? They rush over to fight for it. And if they do not get it? Then they become angry. What about the one who got the bone? While eating, it continued to hold another bone. When other dogs came closer, it would start to bark and growl.

That is the way of animals. Humans are very similar. Even while having enough to enjoy a good life, they worry that someone will snatch the extras, worry that others are richer, worry that others’ businesses are better, worry that others are more famous, worry that others are more prominent. They cannot bear to see other people succeed, so they get angry. These are afflictions.

People often say to succeed we must help others succeed first. If we want to achieve something, we have to first help others. Focusing on ourselves and suppressing others is wrong. That is not an admirable life. An admirable life is helping each other. Look, the conjoined twins from the Philippines were successfully separated in our hospital. After the operation, many reporters came visit our hospital.

During the press conference, our doctors did not say, “That was me! I administered the anesthesia perfectly, that’s why the operation went so smoothly.” No. They say, “It’s nothing, anesthesia is always required before any surgery begins. My part is insignificant. In fact, I really admire the surgeons, Dr. Lee, Dr. Chang, etc.” He mentioned several doctors who had started the surgery well. I told Dr. Lee that they could only afford to lose up to 120 cc of blood during the surgery.” The doctor in charge of separating the liver then tried his best to cause any bleeding from the liver during surgery.

He was very mindful, so no bleeding occurred during the entire procedure. A reporter asked that doctor, "What technique did you use?" He said, "It was nothing. The success of the surgery depended on the anesthesiologist. Once the successfully anesthetized them, I could work without worry. Our anesthesiologist, Dr. Hsu, also reminded me that I couldn't let them bleed too much." That shows how skillful Dr. Hsu is; he knew how much blood the twins need to survive. He should be credited with the success."

The team of doctors involved in the operation praised and admired each other, without taking any credit themselves. Did you know that the press conference was broadcast live on TV? I watched the whole event here on TV, and I was truly touched when I heard the doctors praise each other. Great respect arose in my heart. I admired them, and felt they must be well loved by others. As I watched the press conference progress, I realized that our hospital is so blessed to have so many devoted young doctors with great moral character. They are virtuous.

To praise others is to beautify oneself, and every one of them praised and admired others. That is an admirable virtue. I saw them truly devote themselves to helping others. After operating on the twins, they treated them as if they were their own. I thought that this is how life should be, to truly liberate oneself and liberate others as well. Now the twins can finally go their separate ways. They can wear the clothes they like, eat what they want to eat, walk on the path they desire, and choose their own interests in the future. Is this not liberating?

This was the best gift for their first birthday. The joint efforts of our medical team enabled the sisters to live independently. Our doctors were very happy for the twins. They did not say, "You're free because of me." They were happy because they were grateful to these sisters for a chance to test their skills. So when I said, "Doctor, I am very grateful to you. You skillfully separated the liver without causing any bleeding. I am truly grateful."

The doctor replied, "No, I am the one who should be grateful. If it weren't for them, I'd have never known I could do this.” He was giving without taking credit, and he felt grateful at the same time. Is this not the state of Bodhisattvas? He can bring relief to people, express love, and give without attachment, without arrogance or pride. He just gives with joy. You can see that with joy there is no anger. Let us compared the two states of anger and joyful ease. The angry person cannot stand to see other people's success, good fortune, or better circumstances.

He just can’t bear to see other people do well, other people be honored. If others triumph, get good results, he just cannot stand it, so he flies into a rage. Those at ease are broad-minded; they gratefully give with no expectations. This is a Bodhisattva. Those with Buddha-hearts feel for the suffering of sentient beings, so they willingly and joyfully give. If we are like this, we will not be bound by anger.

In our daily lives, if we can humble ourselves and give willingly and joyfully, then we will not be bound by anger.

We must make good use of our time, fulfill our duties, and do our best. Do not wait, because life is impermanent. So, everyone please always be mindful.
(Source: Da Ai TV 靜思晨語 法譬如水)
回頂端 向下

靜思晨語--20110803《法譬如水》福慧是學佛成佛目標
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: 靜思晨語 :: 靜思晨語--法譬如水-
前往: