Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

靜思晨語--20110809《法譬如水》菩薩道上勤互勉

向下 
發表人內容
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

文章總數 : 29096
年齡 : 70
來自 : 台中
威望 : 1661
注冊日期 : 2009-01-11

靜思晨語--20110809《法譬如水》菩薩道上勤互勉 Empty
發表主題: 靜思晨語--20110809《法譬如水》菩薩道上勤互勉   靜思晨語--20110809《法譬如水》菩薩道上勤互勉 Empty周二 8月 09, 2011 2:01 pm

【證嚴上人開示】
常常聽師父說:「諸惡莫做,眾善奉行。」
「我沒有做惡,我也有修善,好事我也有在做。」這都很容易,因為在一個好的環境中,在很多好人與好人相處,當然會彼此之間勉勵,群眾一起走在菩薩道上。
好像也走得很好,不過,內心呢?有啊!我有做好事,但是我也有一點點自己的喜愛、嗜好。所以好事做完了,也會隨心所欲。
好像在很多年前,南部有一群居士,他們很喜歡放生,凡是初一、十五或是佛誕,他們都一定會去市場買一些魚蝦,千里迢迢到石門水庫放生。如果放生完了,就會約大家:「走吧!去超度牠們一下。」去哪裡超度呢?海產店,去吃海產。
有人就說:「我們剛剛才為魚蝦放生,為什麼我們又要去海產店吃?」
他說:「剛才活的放生了,現在死的,我們要來為牠超度。吃是為牠超度,我們吃飽了,牠也超生了。」
乍聽之下好像也有道理。他不只是吃海產,還說:「我們來喝兩杯。」
就又有人說:「我們佛教徒是不是不要喝酒?」
他說:「是誰說的?酒是米做的,酒糟釀成的,酒能增加我們的智慧,酒就是般若湯。」聽起來也差不多,也是法。還有抽菸,他們就跟他說:「佛教徒抽菸對形象很不好。」
他說:「誰說的?你看,佛殿要禮佛之前,香爐不是都要點香?其實這就像香雲蓋。我們抽菸就像香雲蓋。」
我當時聽到這群人,跟我描述曾經這樣過,去放生、去超度、去喝般若湯、去香雲蓋,實在我也很欽佩他們,竟然用這種方法來註解。其實說來,聰明但是沒智慧!
為了吃,雖然在海產店有的是死的、有的是活的。他們挑死的來吃,說是在超度,死的還不是從活的抓來?你如果不吃,他不會去抓。
甚至更荒謬的,是他們說如果需要多少去放生。明天可能市場只有二十斤,他就跟他說:「你要抓足五十斤。」所以為了他們要放生,這些生意人就要多抓一些,抓足五十斤。因為你好心要放生,所以那些賣魚的人,就要叫人多抓一些魚。這樣是不是叫人多造業呢?
再來就是從溪、河、海中,水和魚是那麼悠然自在,看,去把牠抓來,用小小的籃子放著,雖然也有水。你們想想,魚擠魚,那麼掙扎要活下去,那段時間苦不堪言。
尤其是放生時,從高高的地方整桶倒下去;還沒倒下去之前,放生前,還要在大太陽底下,在那裡念個經、念個咒,做一個放生的儀式,才把牠們倒下去。那些魚先被太陽曬、整缸在那兒掙扎;先被太陽下曬、又等待他們做很多儀式,之後才倒下去。你想,多折騰!到底剩多少能活下來呢?
這就是我們人,說是做好事,好事做完之後,就隨所欲為。這種我們想想看,雖然做了好事,但是壞事沒有減少,這樣能叫做眾善奉行、諸惡莫做嗎?
雖然奉行善,放生是善事,但是更可怕的是連環造惡,生意人要增加數量、捕魚的人要花更多時間去抓更多,增加眾生的業,這種連環的惡業!
所以說來,眾生愚癡,哪怕你是佛教徒、哪怕你也想要做善事,總是善惡參半,這就是一般的信佛,沒有奉行佛陀的教法。只是聽了佛法,般若湯、香雲蓋、超度。這些名詞他知道,他就套用那種方法。看,這種世智聰明,為自己的喜愛去做註解,至於對不對他不管,這種玩世不恭,美其名是「做好事」,但是有很多錯誤的觀念。
所以我們常說:「如何調好我們的心?」學佛就是要奉行佛陀的教法,我們諸惡莫做。對眾生的生命要疼惜,對於眾生的悲苦要去救拔,不要讓眾生有悲傷、有苦難,這樣才是真正的諸惡莫做。
時時秉持佛陀的教法
疼惜眾生的生命
救拔眾生的悲苦
才能達到諸惡莫做之境

我們這幾天說「貪」,貪著很多。前面說的和「吃」也有關係,再來就是「衣」,衣,貪衣著。
或因四貪造一切罪
四貪:貪食、貪衣著
貪睡、貪湯藥

其實我們穿衣,一個人的身體能穿多少衣服?衣服就是兩種功用:一種是禦寒,怕冷、怕感冒,為了身體,所以我們要穿衣服,冬天要保溫保暖。夏天穿衣服就是人,一切動物都不必穿衣服,唯有人這種動物要穿衣服,因為人是萬物之靈,人有文明、有文化,所以人要穿衣服。
穿衣就是遮羞恥,我們如果沒穿衣服,那就是不顧廉恥。穿衣遮蔽我們的身體,所以這是在文明的社會,我們應該要有這種羞恥心,怕不好意思,所以要好好遮蔽我們的身體。
當然在文明的社會,穿衣也是一種禮貌,什麼人就要穿什麼衣服。做什麼工作,就要穿什麼工作服。這就是叫做文明的時代、文明的社會。
如果農夫穿西裝去種田、插秧,那就不對了。穿西裝要在田裡犁田、牽牛、插秧,很不方便,也不適合。但是如果穿著粗衣,捲起褲管,穿這樣的衣服,到一個很莊嚴的場合,這樣也不對。
所以為了文明、禮貌、規矩,所以我們要穿衣服,穿衣最重要的就是端莊。我們平常人穿衣,最重要的就是端莊,穿得整整齊齊、乾乾淨淨,這樣應該就是最好的衣服。
所以很多人要追求的妙衣,這個妙衣呢,什麼樣的叫做妙衣?剛才說過適合禮節、適合文明,最重要的就是遮羞,這種禮貌最重要的就是這樣。
所以有的人穿衣服,就是要求輕軟,衣服要輕。有的人穿個衣服都嫌重,想要穿得美又輕,衣服又軟。以前的人說錦羅綢緞,這是從前最佳品質的布料,但是那都比較貴。用棉紗織起來的衣服,雖然比較粗,其實穿起來是最健康的。所以我但有很多人穿衣,不是真正想要保溫保暖,或是顧禮節,都不是,現在已經逾越了。有的人一件衣服,幾萬元、幾千元。
還記得為了勸募醫院經費,常常到台北,聽到很多婦女,如果見面時,妳這件衣服多少錢?因為那時候,她們都還沒受到師父的教化,因為那時我才剛開始到台北。很多人聽完講經,就在那裡坐著,「妳今天怎麼穿得這麼美?」手就去摸一摸。她就趕快說,「我這件衣服幾萬元。」
我聽了之後問:「那是什麼衣服?」
她就跟我說:「這是從法國來的。」
這實在是內心覺得可憐啊!一件衣服要那麼辛苦跑到法國去,真的很可憐。
又有一天,聽到一位開委託行,她都是跑美國、英國、法國,都是去帶衣服回來,剛好在那裡。她就說:「我」回又進了一批貨,妳什麼時候要來看?」
我就問他:「妳在做什麼?」
她說:「我都是跑這一線的。」
我問他說:「什麼線?」
她說:「我就是開委託行。」
「開委託行。妳都賣些什麼?」
她說:「我就是賣她們現在穿的這些衣服。」
「那天我聽到一件幾萬元。」
她說:「是啊!某某太太她都在我那裡買的。」
我說:「衣服真的有那麼貴嗎?」
她說:「跟師父說,真不好意思,其實沒有那麼貴,不過,如果不開價那麼貴,她不會買。」
我問說:「為什麼?」
她就舉一個例子給我聽,「我說一件最簡單的、最便宜的,那件五千元。」
我說:「真的一件衣服要五千元嗎?」
她說:「不是。其實幾百元就買得到了。但是我那時候買回來時,標價八百元掛上去,大家看到那件衣服很漂亮,就去摸一摸,就問這件多少錢?標在那裡,八百元。手就放掉了,又去看別件,就是去買最貴的。」後來那件衣服在櫥窗中掛了很久,後來她就去拿下來,把八百再加上一個圈,再掛上去。兩天後,那件衣服被人買走了。
虛榮心,那件衣服穿在我的身上,別人問我多少錢?我若說八百元,這樣沒有面子。我如果穿上身的最少八千元,這樣人家就會說怎麼那麼美!去摸一摸它。這就是在那個時候女人的社會。
其實現在這群人,現在每天都是八正道,最好的場合就是旗袍,要不然就是藍天白雲,現在這群人已經,她們的服裝就是清一色。
甚至她們穿上八正道,就曾跟我說:「師父,我搭計程車,司機不肯收我的錢。」
為什麼不收你的錢?她說,計程車司機載到我們,他說:「我今天真好運,一開始就載到菩薩,所以我要供養這些菩薩,不跟你們拿錢。」
我說:「你們真的沒給人家錢?」
她說:「有啊!我一直要給他,開計程車很辛苦。」
她說,有啊,我一直要給他,後來,計程車司機就說:「要不然幫我捐到功德會。」
看,現在穿起了,藍天白雲、八正道或是旗袍,有正式的場合就穿起旗袍,都是令人尊重。同樣是穿衣,為什麼我們要穿得讓人說漂亮。這樣我們才會滿足呢?我們為什麼不讓人說莊嚴!莊嚴就好了。
什麼樣的叫做莊嚴?整齊、乾淨!能夠整齊、清潔就是莊嚴。所以我們的身體,也是一個道場,我們要把身體變成莊嚴的道場,或是歌臺舞榭?有的人全身跳舞的衣服,也都印在身上。到底要變成什麼樣的場合,在我們身上現前呢?所以,我們文明的人類,應該端莊、禮節、乾淨,我想這是最重要的。
身體即道場
合乎文明、禮節、規矩
就是修行

所以學佛,我們要學得很像人,人不成如何能夠成佛?所以請大家好好能成人,才能成佛。
所以在衣著方面,雖然是粗衣,但是我們要端莊、要乾淨,這樣就好了。不要為了穿衣,花盡心思、花枝招展,這是不端莊的,這樣是很輕浮的人生,不能讓人看重。所以我們要多用心。
回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20110809《法譬如水》菩薩道上勤互勉   靜思晨語--20110809《法譬如水》菩薩道上勤互勉 Empty周二 8月 09, 2011 7:54 pm

回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20110809《法譬如水》菩薩道上勤互勉   靜思晨語--20110809《法譬如水》菩薩道上勤互勉 Empty周六 8月 13, 2011 11:46 pm

Lecturer: Master Zheng-Yan
Subject: Practice the Bodhisattva-Path Together (菩薩道上勤互勉)

You often hear me say, “Refrain from all evil, and do all good.” People think,” I do no evil, I cultivate goodness and I do good deeds.” It is easy because we are in a good environment, where there are many good people who encourage one another. We practice the Bodhisattva-path together, and outwardly we seem to do quite well, but what about in our minds? Yes, we do good deeds, but we still have our interests and hobbies. So, after we have finished our good deeds, we still do as we please.

Many years ago, a group of Buddhists in southern Taiwan enjoyed releasing living creatures for merit. Twice a month, and on Buddha’s Birthday, they would purchase live fish and shrimp at the market and then drive to far-away Shi-men Reservoir to release them. Afterwards, they would say to each other, “Let’s go have a Transcendence Service for them.” Where did they go? To a seafood restaurant to eat seafood. Someone asked, “We just set fish and shrimp free. Why are we going to eat them at a restaurant?” The leader said, “We just released the live ones. To help the dead, we will perform a Transcendence Service by eating them. When we’re full, they have transcended.” At first that sounded reasonable.

Aside from eating seafood, he also suggested having a drink or two. Another person asked, “As Buddhists, shouldn’t we not drink?” He said, “Who says? Rice wine is made from rice, distilled from grain. It can increase our wisdom, it is the soup of Prajna.” To some, this sounded reasonable, like Dharma.

When the leader smoked, others said, “Smoking is bad form for a Buddhist.” He said, “Who says? In temples they light incense before, they pay respect to the Buddha and it creates a canopy of incense cloud. And when we smoke, so do we.”

When people from this group told me this story about how they released the fish, held the Transcendence Service, drank “soup of Prajna,” and created a “canopy of incense cloud”, I marveled at their cleverness in interpreting their actions. In truth, they were clever, but lacked wisdom. At the restaurant, they could have chosen to eat live fish. But they picked the already dead ones, and claimed to help them transcend. But the dead ones had been alive once as well. If they did not eat them, no one would try to catch them. More absurd is when they decided on how much fish to release. Although the vendors normally stocked 20kg, they told them they wanted 50kg. The vendors needed an extra 30kg. To fulfill their good intentions, the vendors had to tell the fishermen to catch more fish. Doesn’t this make others create more bad karma?

Also, the fish were free and happy in the streams, rivers and sea. Once caught, they are placed in small containers. Although they have water, imagine how crowded it is. They have to struggle to survive. Until they are released, they suffer tremendously. Then they are dumped from buckets high above the water. Before being released, they are exposed to the hot sun, while these people chant Sutras and mantras as part of the ceremony of release. So the fish simmer under the sun. In crowded buckets, waiting for the ceremony to end, so they can be dumped into the water. How torturous that must be; I wonder how many actually survive.

Such is the way of people who claim to do good deeds, but afterwards do whatever they please. Let us think about this. Although they did good deeds, they did not refrain from bad deeds. Did they truly “do all good and refrain from all evil”? Releasing living beings out of compassion is good, but it created a cycle of evil deeds. Merchants increased their purchases, and fishermen caught more fish. So this caused others to create more negative karma. This shows how foolish people can be. Even Buddhists who sincerely want to do good end up doing half good half evil. They believe in Buddhism, but do not practice the Buddha’s teachings.

They listen to the Dharma, and learn terms like soup of Prajna, canopy of incense cloud, and transcendence. With their cleverness, they interpret the terms to rationalize their activities. They do not care if they are correct, they only care about having fun. What they advocate may sound good, but it is based on falsehoods.

So we often talk about how to take care of our minds. To learn Buddha’s way is to practice His teachings. We must refrain from all evil, cherish the lives of all sentient beings, pull them out of their misery and keep them away from pain and suffering. Only then do we truly refrain from all evil.

Constantly abide by Buddha’s teachings, treasure the lives of all sentient beings, and pull all sentient beings out of their misery to attain the state of refraining from all evil.

These past few days we spoke about “greed”, various attachments to greed. Previously, we spoke about food. Next is Craving for clothing. When it really comes down to it, how much clothing can we wear? Clothing serves two functions. One, it shield us from the cold, so we do not get sick. In the winter, clothes keep us warm. And two, clothes make us human. No other animals wear clothes, only humans. Humans are the most intelligent of all animals. We have civilization and culture. To be civilized, we must wear clothes.

Covering ourselves shows modesty. If we do not wear any clothing, then we are shameless. So we cover ourselves. We should have this sense of shame so that embarrassment rises up if our bodies are not covered.

Of course, in advanced cultures, how one dresses is a matter of propriety. People wear clothes that suit them, and are work-appropriate. This reflects the culture of the civilization. If a farmer wears a suit to plant rice seedlings, that would be wrong. To plow the field, lead a bull, and plant seedlings in a suit is very inconvenient and inappropriate. But if he wears rugged clothes with pant legs rolled up to attend a formal event, that is also wrong. To be civilized and appropriate we must wear clothes.

When it comes to attire, being dignifies is most important. Our clothes should be neat and clean. That is what makes the best clothing. Many people want “splendid clothing” but what is that? What is considered “splendid clothing”? As we said earlier, it must be appropriate, civilized and most importantly, modest. Propriety is very important.

Some people think clothes can weigh them down, so they want pretty clothes that are light and soft. Silk and satin have long been considered the finest fabrics, but they are costly. Clothing made of cotton is less refined, but is the healthiest to wear. For many people nowadays, they don’t simply wear clothes for warmth and decency. They are beyond that. Some people spend over $1000, $10,000 on an outfit.

In the past, I often traveled to Taipei to fundraise for the hospital. I heard many women greet each other by asking how much the other’s outfit cost. They had not absorbed my teachings yet, because I had just started visiting Taipei. After listening to the Sutra, people chatted, “What a beautiful dress you have on today,” while touching the fabric. The woman said it cost over NT$10,000. Hearing this, I asked what kind of dress it was. She told me that it came from France. I thought it was sad that someone went through so much trouble to buy a dress from France. It was really sad.

Another time, a woman was there who traveled to America, England, and France to purchase clothing to sell in her boutique. She said, "I just got some new inventory. Come by sometime and take a look." So, I asked her, "What do you do?"
She said, "I run a business."
I said, "What business?"
"I own a boutique."
"What do you sell in your boutique?"
She replied, "I sell clothing like theirs."
"I heard that those are very expensive."
She said, "Oh, yes. So and so always buys her clothes from me."
I asked, "Are they really that expensive?"
She said, "I feel embarrassed telling you. They don't actually cost me much, but they won't sell unless they're expensive."
"Why is that?"
She gave me an example. She said, "The simplest, cheapest piece I sell costs NT$5,000."
I said, "Is it really worth NT$5,000?"
She said, "No, you can buy it for a few hundred. I initially charged NT$800 for it. Everyone noticed how pretty it was, toughed it, and checked the price. When they saw $800, they immediately let go and chose more expensive items."
It stayed on display for a while. Later she took it down and added an extra zero to make it $8,000, and put it back up. At that price, it was sold in two days.

It is all about vanity. "If someone asked me how much my clothed cost and I say $800, it'd be embarrassing. But if it cost at least $8,000, people would say it's beautiful and touch it." That was how rich women lived. Now, this same group of women wear Tzu Chi's "Eightfold Path dress." On formal occasions, they wear cheongsam, otherwise they wear the uniform. They are consistent in their dress.

After wearing the "Eightfold Path dress", a woman said, "Once we took a taxi but the driver refused my money."
"Why wouldn't he take your money?"
She said, "The driver said that today was his lucky day, he got to drive Bodhisattvas around, so he wanted to make an offering by giving us a free ride."
I asked, "Did you really not pay? Driving a taxi is tough work!"
She said, "I insisted on paying, so he asked me to donate the fare to Tzu Chi."
See, when they wear the uniform, the "Eightfold Path dress" or on formal occasions, the cheongsam, people respect them. Everyone wears clothes, so why are we only satisfied if others praise what we wear? Why do we not aim to be dignified? Being dignified is about being neat and clean. If we are neat and clean then we look dignified.

So, the body is a place for spiritual cultivation. We should transform our body into a dignified place for cultivation. Otherwise if we indulge in entertainment, and always wear party clothing, we will give people a different impression. So what image do we want to present with what we wear? As civilized human beings, we should display grace, propriety, and neatness. These, I think, are the most important.

The body is a place of cultivation. We should keep our clothing neat and clean, and make sure it is civilized, courteous, and proper. That is cultivation.

As we learn Buddhism, we must first learn to be proper, otherwise how can we become Buddhas? Please strive to be a proper person so you can become a Buddha.
With regard to clothing, even if it is unrefined, if it is respectable and clean that is good enough. Do not spend so much energy on fancy dress. That is not dignified, and demonstrates superficiality that others will not respect. So, everyone, please always be mindful.
(Source: Da Ai TV 靜思晨語 法譬如水).
回頂端 向下

靜思晨語--20110809《法譬如水》菩薩道上勤互勉
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: 靜思晨語 :: 靜思晨語--法譬如水-
前往: