Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

靜思晨語--20110810《法譬如水》 勤拂心鏡進德修身

向下 
發表人內容
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

文章總數 : 29096
年齡 : 70
來自 : 台中
威望 : 1661
注冊日期 : 2009-01-11

靜思晨語--20110810《法譬如水》 勤拂心鏡進德修身 Empty
發表主題: 靜思晨語--20110810《法譬如水》 勤拂心鏡進德修身   靜思晨語--20110810《法譬如水》 勤拂心鏡進德修身 Empty周三 8月 10, 2011 5:09 pm

回頂端 向下
在線
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20110810《法譬如水》 勤拂心鏡進德修身   靜思晨語--20110810《法譬如水》 勤拂心鏡進德修身 Empty周三 8月 10, 2011 6:13 pm

【證嚴上人開示】
我們在靜謐的環境中。好像是一面心鏡,外面的境界,都把它蓋起來;沒有看到什麼境界。
不過,裡面如果有灰塵,灰塵還是同樣存在。有這樣的灰塵在鏡面上,哪怕境界現前,外面的境界,看起來還是一片迷濛,無法現出境界的真相。要顯出那個境界很美的形象,必定要把心擦得清清明明,外面的境界才能夠清楚分明。
修學佛法就是這樣,心鏡就是用來照境,境如果消失了,鏡上的影子就消失了。但是偏偏凡夫的這面鏡子,蒙上很多灰塵,所以境還是原來的境界,不過,鏡子所反照的,卻是一片迷濛,不清楚。
凡夫不就是這樣嗎?我們聽了很多的經、法,都聽了,只是我們的心,到底聽得是否深入?是否分明?如果只是相似、好像,好像是這樣,如此,法,在我們的心底,還是迷迷濛濛,這和我們抱著無明而去聽法,又差多少呢?
所以修行要用功,就是要擦心鏡。我們的心鏡若不能勤拂拭,不只是鏡上的髒污沒有擦完,外面的塵埃又再蒙上。
學佛的功夫,防止外面的境界進來,還要十分殷勤,擦掉以前所沾染的髒污,這就是我們要用功的地方。
修行要勤拂拭心境
心鏡擦得愈乾淨
愈能將外鏡
映照得清楚分明
或因四貪造一切罪
四貪;貪食、貪衣著
貪睡、貪湯藥

我們昨天說過「貪」,貪,聽起來這麼簡單,都說知道了!知道了!就是貪,貪吃、貪口味,師父已經說了那麼多。貪衣著也知道了,衣服穿得簡單一些,粗衣能夠遮蔽身體,這樣就好了。我知道了!粗衣淡飯這樣叫做修行。這樣大家都聽懂了。
但是,裡面還有含義,這也是一種譬喻。佛經裡面,《譬喻經》裡面,有這麼一段這樣的經文,就是有一位貧窮的人,平時很貧困,難得有親友在辦喜事,所以也邀請他,來!我們家在辦喜事,在嫁娶。所以你來吧!很高興,去讓人請客總是有得吃,也難得有這樣的親友來邀約他去讓他們請客。
所以好一段時間,很努力、很認真,好不容易能有一塊粗布拿來做衣服,穿起來果然一表人才,自己看了很滿意。就很高興地到親友的家去。當然這個家庭,在辦喜事熱鬧時,其他的親朋好友也很多。在那裡讓人請客時,其中有一個人和他坐在一起,就跟他說:「你看起來一表人才,穿上這件衣服實在是很可惜,你如果能錦服上身,你和一個貴人,很尊貴的人,差不了多少。你可以再換上一件錦服,就是用錦緞、上等的質料,這樣就像一個貴人了。」
他聽了:「我哪有辦法?我要穿這件衣服,要努力很久,才有一塊布能做這件衣服。」
這個朋友就跟他說:「你如果聽我的話,我相信你就能把這件粗布衣,換成高貴質料的錦衣上服。」
那時很高興,他就帶著他走,在一個地方跟他說:「來!你一定要聽我的話,你一定能得到。」
「好吧!只要能得到,我就高興了。」所以那位朋友,就生起一堆火,火燒起來了,他就說:「來,你把這件衣服脫下來,把它丟到火裡去,粗布衣服自然會變成錦緞上衣。一件很美的衣服!」
他真的聽他的話,把身上唯一的這件衣服,脫下來丟到火裡去。火很大,當然就把這件衣服燒掉了!那時火燒著衣服,一直就是有一個期待,期待這堆大火,燒掉了他的粗衣,可以變成一件高貴的衣服。就很虔誠在那裡一直祈禱。
結果火熄滅了,只是一堆灰,其他什麼都沒有。這位貧窮的人,就問這個朋友說:「我的衣服呢?我的衣服在哪裡呢?」
那位朋友就說:「對不起!你不夠虔誠!」就揚長而去了。這位貧人裸體站在那裡,痛苦地哭了。
這個故事在《譬喻經》中,佛陀就這麼說,他說:「世間人和這個人一樣,這就是譬喻,過去說不定修了一些善業,修了善業,所以得到人身。得到人身之後,應該要能進德修身,德行還要再精進。」
我們常說人身難得,佛法難聞。這輩子既得人身,就知道在過去生中,曾經造了一些善,才能不失人身,還是再來做人,應該要珍惜人身,要再繼續好好地進德修身,德行要繼續精進,好好修行身的行為。
但是好像沒有。因為結了一點邪緣,遇到這種外道,或是偏邪的人,跟他說一些他們修行或是做人的方向。若是信仰有一點偏差,會走火入魔。何況當時在佛陀的時代,那時的信仰也非常複雜。因為那時應該是民智未開,尤其是在印度那樣的環境,所以很多種,光是外道教就有九十多種,所以有的是修火行、有的是修水行、有的是修斷食,或是吃糞便的行,各形各色無奇不有。所以有時不小心,就會被人引誘到這種不正確的宗教信仰,所以也是很容易走火入魔!
記得未出家前,曾聽到一件這樣的事:有一個人信了某種宗教,某一天在禮拜的時候,因為他住在樓上,忽然間拜好了,轉身就從窗戶跳下去。幸好,以前的二樓不是很高,跳下來,(有人)趕快幫他急救,只有腳斷掉。結果問他:「你為什麼跳樓?」
他就說:「我明明看到天梯了!我在那裡禮拜時,就有人跟我說,我能上天堂。我看到天梯了,所以我去爬天梯,哪知道就跌下來了。」
這是真人實事,真的有這樣的事。這就是在信仰中,產生幻想,這叫做走火入魔。
現在有幻想境界的人也不少,在身心健康科、精神科,你們去看,和患者對談時,常常會聽到這種幻聽、幻覺,這是一種心境。有的人是因為擔憂想得太多,所以變成憂鬱、躁鬱,變成現前的境界不清楚,現前的境界,就像有一層灰塵一樣,好像被塵埃蒙住了,有了這樣無明。在現前的境界中,都看不清楚,變成那種幻化的境界,所以我們跟他說的,他聽不到,他特別會聽到:「有人在和我說話!有人叫我做什麼事等等…。」
所以看到同樣在那個地方,他說他看到什麼人在前面。我們根本沒看到,我們看到的是,面前和我說話的人,聽到的是在我面前,和我談話的聲音。但是他就不同了,這種心思偏邪了!
邪的意思就是偏掉了。不正為邪,不正確的都叫做邪。
我們平常人會說,中邪了,要去祭拜一番。其實這樣一來又錯了。應該有這種心境中的幻象、幻聽、幻影,應該要趕快去找人間的醫師,精神科、心理科的輔導,因為這已經是一種病態了。不是去祭拜,去求就可以。
所以我們修學,要好好用心。一點偏差,這面的心鏡模糊掉時,外面的境界,好人和我們說的話,我們不一定能接受。說不定幻化的境界,常常覆蓋在我們的心中,如果這樣真的是苦不堪言。
人身難得、佛法難聞
既得人身應好好珍惜
努力進德修身
若未善用身體良能
一旦有所偏差
失去人身就萬劫難再

所以衣貪,我們貪這個衣著,雖然我們現在要好好將身上的衣服,不必貪綢羅絲緞,不必!棉質的粗衣穿得整潔、乾淨,好好專心修行。衣著就是顯示我們人能固守廉恥,對人是一種禮節,我們若能這樣就對了。
所以我們從外面的衣著,應該注意到內心。所以這個貪,貪著衣的輕軟,意思就是,我們貪著一時的享受。
所以不要一時的享受,讓我們的身體,好不容易,上輩子造了一些善,所以我們能得人身,就像那個貧人,得到一件粗衣一樣,粗衣穿起來也不錯,只要符合禮節。
所以各位,學佛,不論是我們的身體長得怎麼樣,我們都應該珍惜,我們不應該讓它有偏差的利用。所以請大家要多用心啊!
回頂端 向下
在線
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20110810《法譬如水》 勤拂心鏡進德修身   靜思晨語--20110810《法譬如水》 勤拂心鏡進德修身 Empty周六 8月 13, 2011 11:49 pm

Lecturer: Master Zheng-Yan
Subject: Cleanse the Mind and Cultivate Virtue (勤拂心鏡 進德修身)

The mind is like a mirror. Under calm conditions, it can reflect external states. But when we cover this mirror, we will not be able to see clearly. If there is dust on the mirror, it still remains dusty. Even if the mirror directly faces the external environment, the image is still hazy; it doesn’t show a true likeness.

In order to reveal beautiful environments, we must cleanse our minds until they are spotless. Only then can the world be seen clearly. This is the way to practice Buddha’s teachings. The minds mirror reflects external conditions. When the condition passes, its image disappears from the mirror. But mirrors in the minds of ordinary people are covered with dust. Although the condition is constant, the mind’s mirror still reflects a hazy, unclear image.

Isn’t this the way of ordinary people? We have heard many Sutras and much Dharma, but do we deeply and clearly understand the teachings? If we only have an ambiguous, approximate understanding, the Dharma will still be unclear and vague in our minds. How is this different from listening to Dharma with an ignorant mind?

Thus cultivation is about working hard to polish our inner mirror. If we do not polish it diligently, not only will the dust remain, more layers will from. To emulate the Buddha’s, we must prevent external conditions from entering our minds and diligently wipe off the existing filth. This is that we need to work on.

Cultivation means to diligently polish the mind’s mirror. The cleaner the mirror is, the clearer it can reflect external conditions.

Yesterday we spoke about greed; it sounds like a simple concept. People say, “Yes, we know, it’s about craving. You have spoken a lot about craving for food, craving for taste, and even craving for clothing. We should dress more simply, just pick clothes that cover our bodies. We know that. Simple clothes and food are the way to practice.” I believe everyone understands this concept, but there is more to it.

There is a story in the Sutra of Parables. There is a passage about a poor man who lived an impoverished life. One day, a friend invited him to wedding. He said, “Come to my house, we’re going to have a wedding so join us.” He was very happy since there would be food. It was also rare for him to be invited to a wedding. For a while he worked very hard and was finally able to buy some simple fabric to make a new garment. When he put it on, he looked very handsome. He was very satisfied and happily headed to the wedding. The wedding was full of excitement and fun, with many friends and relatives. During the banquet the person sitting next to him said, “You look handsome, but it’s a pity you’re wearing this outfit. If you had something more elegant, you would look like a nobleman. If you changed into clothing made of the finest material, you would look like a nobleman.”

The poor man replied, “I can’t. I had to work for a very long time, just to buy the fabric for these clothes.” The friend then told him, “If you follow my instructions, I believe you can turn your simple clothes into an elegant outfit.” That made the poor man happy. So he followed his friend to a place, and his friend said, “You must do what I tell you, then you will surely get it.”
“Alright, as long as I can get it, I will be happy.” So the friend built a fire. When it got going, he said, “Take off your clothes and throw them into the fire, the simple clothes will become a beautiful, elegant outfit.” The poor man obeyed, took off all of his clothes, and threw them into the fire. The fire was strong, so the clothes burned up. As they burned, he kept hoping that once this fire burnt up his clothes, it would reveal an elegant outfit. So he prayed sincerely while he waited. However, when the fire went out, there was only a heap of ashes, and nothing else. So the poor man asked his friend, “Where are my clothes? Where are my fine clothes?” The friend replied, “I’m sorry, you weren’t sincere enough” and he left. The poor man was left there, naked and weeping. Buddha used this story in the Sutra or Parables to illustrate how ordinary people are like this man.

It is a parable about how we born as human as because we created good karma in our past lives. After being reborn as human, we should improve ourselves and diligently cultivate virtues. We often say it is rare to be born human and rare to hear Buddha’s teachings. So if we are human, we know we did good deeds in the past; thus we retained human form in this life. So we should cherish this opportunity to continue improving ourselves, to diligently foster virtues, and to refine our conduct.

But that does not happen because of some bad affinities. There are heretics and deviants who lead others off their path of spiritual practice. If our beliefs become skewed, we may lose minds.

During Buddha’s lifetime, religious dogma was very convoluted, because most people were uneducated. This was particularly true in India. There were over 90 types of unorthodox sects alone. Some practices involved fire, immersion water, fasting, even consuming feces and other unimaginable rituals. Those who were not careful could easily be enticed into false religions and beliefs, and risked losing control of their minds.

Before I become a monastic, I heard a story about a man who had certain religious beliefs. On day he was upstairs, doing his rituals. When he was done, he suddenly turned around and jumped out the window. Fortunately, it was not that high up. When he hit the ground, someone quickly came to his rescue. He only broke his leg. People asked him, “Why did you jump?”
He said, “I distinctly saw a ladder to heaven. While I was worshipping, a voice told me I could go to heaven. Then I saw the ladder, so I tried to climb it. I didn’t know I’d fall down.” This is a true story; it really happened. In pursuing some beliefs, people hallucinate and lose their minds.

Many people live in illusions. If you visit a mental health facility, you will find patients who often hear voices and see things. It is their state of mind. Some people are depressed or manic, because they worry or think too much, and no longer see things clearly. It is as if a layer of dust obscures the external conditions that are right in from of them. With this kind of ignorance, they cannot clearly see the external conditions.
They live in an illusory state. So when we talk to them, they cannot hear us. Instead, they hear voices that urge them to do certain things. They may say they see someone in front of them. We see nothing. We just see and hear the person who is actually in front of us. For them, it is different. Their thoughts are abnormal and deviant. Anything off the correct path is deviant. Most people would say, "Possessed? You need to have a ritual." This is also incorrect. People who have visual or auditory hallucinations should seek help from a psychiatrist or a psychologist. It is a real illness, which cannot be cured by ritual or prayer.

Thus, we must practice with mindfulness. With the slightest deviation, the mind's mirror becomes blurry, and we may not accept external conditions or advice from good people. Maybe the bustling phenomenal world always obscures our minds. If so, we will suffer unspeakably.

It is rare to obtain human form and rare to hear Buddha's teachings. We should treasure our human form and diligently cultivate virtues. If we do not use this body properly, if we go astray, it may be eons before we regain human form.

We have a Craving for clothing. But with the clothes we wear, there is no need to crave refined clothing. Simple cotton clothing can be neat and clean. Focus on spiritual cultivation. We wear clothes to demonstrate our modesty and show propriety.
That is all we need to do. So based on what we wear, we should notice what is in our minds. Craving for delicate clothing means that we crave temporary pleasures. So we must not let a brief indulgence lead our bodies to (destroy) the good karma we created in our past lives which enabled us to be born as humans. This is just like that poor man who worked hard for his simple clothes and looked fine in them. They were perfectly appropriate.

As we all learn Buddhism, no matter how we look, we should cherish our body and not deviate in how we use it.
(Source: Da Ai TV 靜思晨語 法譬如水)
回頂端 向下
在線

靜思晨語--20110810《法譬如水》 勤拂心鏡進德修身
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: 靜思晨語 :: 靜思晨語--法譬如水-
前往: