Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

靜思晨語--201100816《法譬如水》平等心是修行不二法門

向下 
發表人內容
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

文章總數 : 29099
年齡 : 70
來自 : 台中
威望 : 1661
注冊日期 : 2009-01-11

靜思晨語--201100816《法譬如水》平等心是修行不二法門 Empty
發表主題: 靜思晨語--201100816《法譬如水》平等心是修行不二法門   靜思晨語--201100816《法譬如水》平等心是修行不二法門 Empty周二 8月 16, 2011 4:11 pm

【證嚴上人開示】
佛法譬如水,我們每天所面對的人、事、物,很多都會卡在我們的心上。是「是」或「非」,是是非非紛紛擾擾。每一天過去,人事是非都有一個痕跡在我們的心中。
我們若能隨著時日,把一切的是非都當成教育,這叫做轉煩惱為菩提;假使我們把每天所接觸到的人我事物都當成是非,哪怕是清淨的法水,也會變成污濁惡臭的垃圾水。所以我們要懂得把心顧好,不要讓這個心源起心動念,在舉手動作、開口動舌中,所以大家時時要用心反省。
或因四生造一切罪
四生:胎生、卵生
濕生、化生

前面說過,眾生、四生六道,真的是苦不堪言,只要你在四生中,要離開六道實在不容易。不過,四生中,人道才能分辨是非。我們要在人道中要會遇佛法,培養慈悲喜捨確實不容易。我們在佛法中慢慢地熏息,培養出慈悲喜捨,我們更需要是非分明。所以我們要很清楚。
在四生中,同樣是胎生,卻是披毛戴角的獸類,儘管披毛戴角,也同樣有佛性。看看在佛經中,有多少能警惕人心,佛陀所說的故事,不是捏造的,是說出他生生世世修行時,在四生六道中,他也是這樣經過的。
所以在阿含部中,就有一部叫做《鹿王經》,這個故事很簡單,不過,道理很清楚。就是在很遙遠之前,在山林中,有一群幾千隻的鹿群,結合在一起,其中有一隻鹿王,牠的身體,全身五彩顏色光耀,所以牠的角也很奇雅。
不只是鹿毛光澤鮮艷,就連牠的角和牠的腳也和一般的鹿不同。所以這麼大群的鹿,都擁戴這隻五色鹿為王。
本來在這個山林裡相安無事,無論是吃草飲水,都是悠然自在。但是有一天,國王帶著臣民出來打獵。打獵之間,本來是很安逸的環境,忽然間人群來了,弓箭四射,所以鹿群四散,大家都很驚惶,每隻鹿都四散逃跑,當然死的也不少。
之後人退走了,鹿王所看到的場面,實在是慘不忍睹,所以牠很自責,牠考慮之後,自己決定,決定要入皇宮為鹿群請命。
到了國王的面前,牠就四肢屈曲,涕淚滿面;就向國王請命,對國王說:「我們鹿群的命,不是很值錢的獸類,生命就如蟲蟻一樣那麼輕微,我們如此輕微的生命,就是寄居在國王的土地上。雖然在土地上我們能安居,在這個地方生活心存感恩,但是國王您的太官中,太官就是廚房,知道你的廚房中,需要調製佳餚,希望國王你能指定,每天需要多少數量。你如果能指定,每天都甘願,我們會每天指派,自己送過來,會自己親自來。」
當時國王聽了非常慚愧,他就回答這隻鹿,「我不知道,我不知道太官裡面所需要的,造成眾鹿群居的地方,擾亂了你們的生靈。我現在知道了,我想太官裡面,每天所需要的量也差不多不過是一隻而已。我現在就能下令,任何一個人都是禁止到山林去打獵。若是廚房需要,可能是每天一隻。」
鹿王聽了安心了,既然國王親自這樣說,能讓鹿群安居,所以鹿王也很高興地回去了,向牠的鹿群來說話。
這些鹿群聽到鹿王回來了,有好的消息,大家就趕緊,每一隻鹿都趕快聚集過來,跪伏在鹿王的面前,聆聽鹿王要對牠們說的訊息。
所以鹿王就說:「世間從古至今,沒有一個能夠不死的生命。既然我們現在住在人家的國土,吃人家的水草,生命總有一天也要死。為了能夠安居樂業,能讓鹿群不斷繁衍下去,我們不如自動就死。但是能夠很平靜。」
這些鹿群只要是鹿王所說的,道理都是對的,對啊!世間誰無一死?總是有那麼一天!如果能這樣合理地輪流,大家都能接受了。
從此開始,這些鹿群自己去輪班,自己輪流,輪到我的時候,輪到我,我就會到鹿王面前,向鹿王拜別,聽鹿王的教導。鹿王也一定會跟牠說話,跟牠說這個時刻是大限到來時,每一個生命都有限。人生的大限既來,你要抱著十分輕安自在的心,你要心存感恩。過去在這塊國土上,供我們吃、供我們生活。現在,誰無一死?一路去要好好念佛,心中不要有怨或瞋對人王,就是人間的王。
這是每天輪到的那頭鹿,要離開時,鹿王必定再次叮嚀。在叮嚀時,鹿王還是一樣涕淚悲泣,捨不得,殷殷叮嚀讓牠去了。
有一天,一隻即將臨盆的母鹿來了,跪拜哀求,說:「明天的數字是輪到我,我的大限就在今天,明天我就要出去了,但是我肚子裡有小鹿,我所要求的不是免去一死,只是想要求延長數日,等我生下孩子,讓牠的生命再延續。我再去。」
鹿王聽了覺得也有道理。但是看看這隻母鹿,再下去的數字,問那個號碼的鹿,你可以早一天,提前一天嗎?那隻鹿趕緊出來對鹿王說,要求鹿天,哪怕是多一天的日子,我也願意再繼續生活下去。哪怕是多活一天,我也很期待,不希望提早一天去赴死。
鹿王聽了之後,是啊!貪生怕死,這是所有生命共同的心態。不可能要牠提早。所以,後來這位鹿王自己心中就有打算。
等到鹿群退開時,鹿王就默默離開了山林,牠再次入城,再次到了皇宮去,國王就問:「怎麼這麼快?你的鹿群都輪完了嗎?」
牠說:「不是。」牠就將之前母鹿的請求,再下去這個數字的鹿,牠也要求多活一天。所以在今天這一天,牠用自己來填補今天這一天,太官所需要的。
國王聽了,非常非常懺悔。覺得天地之仁萬物皆有,這種獸類,雖然看起來是鹿身、鹿頭,竟然有人的仁德。所以仁德,存在天下萬物之間,所以他懺悔了。從此開始他貼出告示,昭示天下人從今開始禁獵,不能到山林裡獵取,任何的生物。
佛陀把這段故事說到這裡,他就說:「各位比丘!你們知道嗎?當時那頭鹿是我本身,那位國王是現在的舍利弗!」
這段經文是佛陀在修行,同樣現四生,同樣在六道中。他不只現生在人道,和你、我一樣受母親懷胎,十個月後出生人間,不只是這樣。他不論是在牛腹馬肚,或是鹿胎等等,他都曾經過。
在四生中,佛陀為了修行、為了要度一切的眾生,同樣要現和眾生一樣的生態,在天地宇宙間經歷過來。所以我們要懂得尊重生命!不要以為只有人類,自大自滿。只是膨脹自己來欺壓貧賤,不能這樣。何況是對這些其他的生物,我們都要好好疼惜,何況是對人?當然是平等。
所以過去我也說過:「眾生平等願。」眾生我們都要平等。
「平等」
是佛教最重要的思想
也是一切菩薩修行
契入大悲與大智的不二法門

甚至我們也要惜緣,一切都要有因緣觀。你看,佛陀那時是鹿,那時的舍利弗是國王。看,生生世世的緣,不就是這樣不斷?手語的緣就是這樣。所以說來,緣就是生生世世互相相扣。
所以各位,不要自己太自大,記得要縮小自己、尊重他人,這才真正是我們修行的目標。
請各位記住修行的本分,互相敬重、互相友愛,合心、和氣、互愛、協力。各人守在自己的崗位上,彼此尊重、敬愛。請大家要時時多用心!
回頂端 向下
在線
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--201100816《法譬如水》平等心是修行不二法門   靜思晨語--201100816《法譬如水》平等心是修行不二法門 Empty周三 8月 17, 2011 7:09 am

回頂端 向下
在線
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--201100816《法譬如水》平等心是修行不二法門   靜思晨語--201100816《法譬如水》平等心是修行不二法門 Empty周一 8月 22, 2011 7:57 pm

Lecturer: Master Zheng-Yan
Subject: Equanimity in Spiritual Practice (平等心是修行不二法門)

Buddha-Dharma is like cleansing water. Every day as we interact with people and things, we get caught up in the many conflicts that arise in our minds. These constant conflicts bother us. As each day passes, these encounters leave their mark in our minds. Over time, if we can treat all conflicts as lessons, we transform afflictions into enlightened wisdom. If we treat our daily encounters as conflicts, even the clear Dharma-water will turn into dirty, odorous garbage water.

Therefore we need to take good care of our minds and not allow our actions and speech to succumb to the whims and desires that arise in our minds. We should constantly and diligently self-reflect.

The Four Forms of Births may cause all wrongdoings. The Four forms of Birth : womb –born, egg born, moisture-born, transformation-born.

As we previously discussed, the Four Forms of Birth and Six Realms are filled with unspeakable suffering. If we exist through the Four Forms of Birth, It is difficult to transcend the Six Realms. And only those in the Human Realm can tell right from wrong. It is rare to encounter Buddhist teachings, and cultivate kindness, compassion, joy, equanimity.

As we take time to absorb and develop these traits known as the Four immeasurables, we must distinguish between right and wrong views. We have to be clear about this. Of the Four Forms of Birth, other womb-born animals, despite having fur and ohms, are also endowed with Buddha-nature.

In the Sutras, The Buddha told many stories that alert the mind. These are not made-up they come from His countless lifetimes of cultivation as He journeyed through the Four Forms of Birth and Six Realms. In the Agama Sutra there is the story of the Deer King. It is a simple story with a clear message. Once upon a time in a secluded forest a herd of thousands of deer took shelter together. Among them was the Deer King, whose magnificent body radiated the five hues. His antlers were also unusually elegant. Not only was his coat shiny and bright, from antler to hooves he looked different from other deer. Thus the huge herd of deer embraced this five-hued deer as king.

In the refuge of the deep forest, they ate grass and drank water in peace and quiet. Then one day, the country’s king and his courtiers came to hunt. The once serene surrounding was disrupted by people shooting their bows and arrows. The herd panicked and scattered in all directions. Many died, of course. After the hunters left, the Deer King was aghast at the sight of the carnage, so he blamed himself. After some thought, the Deer King decided to go to the palace to speak for the herd.

Once he reached the king, he knelt on all his knees and cried. He pleaded with the king, “A deer’s life is not worth much, only as much as an insect. Our lives are very insignificant and we reside on your land. Since we can live peacefully and are grateful for our lives here, if the culinary staff of your royal kitchen needs to create gourmet meals, I beseech that Your Majesty tell me the number of deer that are required each day. We would be very willing to send that number of deer to your kitchen each day.”

The King was stricken with shame and replied, “I had no idea that our culinary needs caused, so much disturbance and sufferings to your herd and your home. Now I know I think all that our kitchen may need is one deer each day. I will immediately decree that everyone is forbidden to hunt in the forest, since all the kitchen needs is but one deer a day.”

The Deer King was relieved to hear the king’s promise. Now that his herd could live in peace, he joyfully went home to tell the herd the news. As soon as the herd heard of his return and that he brought good news, they quickly gathered around, knelt down and listened intently to what the Deer King had to say. He began, “From the beginning of time, no one has lived forever. We live on the king’s land and feed on his grass and water. Since we must die one day anyway, for the sake of peace and security, of a place for our herd to flourish, why don’t we choose our time to die, in exchange peace?”

The herd thought whatever the Deer King said was always right. It is true. Everyone must die one day. If we can figure out a reasonable arrangement, we can accept this plan. From then on, the herd decided amongst themselves who would go next. The deer whose turn was up would go in front of the Deer King to pay its last respects, and listen to the teachings. The Deer King would always tell them, “Today is the moment of your great end. Each life must end one day; since today is that day for you, you must remember to remain peaceful, at ease, and be grateful, because this land provided us with food and means to live. Who can escape death? You must recite Buddha’s name along the way and do not be resentful or angry toward the human king. The Deer King gave the same advice to each deer each day. Each time the Deer King wept, and constantly advised them as he reluctantly let them go.

One day, a pregnant doe came to him. She knelt and begged, “Tomorrow it is my turn to die. This is the end for me. But I am pregnant with my fawn. I am not asking to be spared, I only need a few more days to bear my child so he can live, then I’ll go. The Deer King thought it was reasonable. He found the deer next in line and asked him if he could go a day earlier. That deer quickly came and begged, “Even if it is just one more day, I still wish to keep living. I look forward to even one more day, so I don’t want to die a day earlier.” Upon hearing this, the Deer King understood that all living beings desire life and fear death, so he could not ask them to die early. At this point, the Deer King had already decided what to do.

After the herd went away, he quietly left the forest and once again went into town, heading for the palace. The king asked, "Why are you here so soon? Have you exhausted the deer in your herd?" The Deer King said no, and recounted the story of the pregnant doe and the deer next in line, who asked to live one more day. That was why he had come to take her place today, to meet the kitchen's need. The king heard this and felt very ashamed. He felt that all living beings can be benevolent. Even animals with the form of a deer possess the benevolence of humans. This quality exists within all living beings. Thus, the king repented, and issued a new decree forbidding anyone to hunt in the forest for any living creature.

Thus ended the Buddha's story He explained, "All you Bhiksus, do you know? I was the Deer King in a previous life, and that king is the present Shariputra." This Sutra recounts the Buddha's many lifetimes of cultivation through the Four Forms of Birth and the Six Realms. Not only had He been born in the Human Realm from a mother's womb after ten months like you and I. He had also been born a cow, a horse, and even a deer, etc. He had been through it all. To practice in the Four Forms of Birth and to enlighten all sentient beings, He needed to appear in their forms and experience everything in this universe.

We need to respect all life forms. Do not think only humans matter. Do not be arrogant and self-centered, and take advantage of those who are poor, not to mention abuse other living beings. We need to treasure them all, particularly other human beings, and see them as equals. I mentioned this before, we must "vow for equality among all living beings."

Equality is the most important tenet in Buddhism. It is the way by which all Bodhisattvas attain the non-dual perfection of great wisdom and compassion.

We should cherish all affinities, identify the causes and conditions. As you can see, the Buddha was a deer and Shariputra a king. See, life after life, our affinities are continuously connected. In sign language, this is how we convey "affinities." They are intertwined and interlocked throughout all lifetimes.

So everyone, never feel too self-important and remember to be humble, respect others. This is truly the goal of our practice. Please remember that as Buddhist practitioners, we must love and respect each other with unity, harmony, love and concerted effort. We each do our part and give our best. Love and respect one another.
(Source: Da Ai TV 靜思晨語 法譬如水)
回頂端 向下
在線

靜思晨語--201100816《法譬如水》平等心是修行不二法門
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: 靜思晨語 :: 靜思晨語--法譬如水-
前往: