Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

靜思晨語--20110822《法譬如水》成就自我的人格

向下 
發表人內容
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

文章總數 : 29096
年齡 : 70
來自 : 台中
威望 : 1661
注冊日期 : 2009-01-11

靜思晨語--20110822《法譬如水》成就自我的人格 Empty
發表主題: 靜思晨語--20110822《法譬如水》成就自我的人格   靜思晨語--20110822《法譬如水》成就自我的人格 Empty周一 8月 22, 2011 5:32 pm

回頂端 向下
在線
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20110822《法譬如水》成就自我的人格   靜思晨語--20110822《法譬如水》成就自我的人格 Empty周一 8月 22, 2011 7:32 pm

【證嚴上人開示】
常常和大家說:「我們要照顧好這念心。」
心若是沒有好好照顧好,我們就隨著境界被牽引,讓我們在不知覺中,隨著這個業力去造罪。
人與人之間互相相對,覺得這個人,我一看就歡喜,就由不得自己,心就隨著這個人而歡喜,就會造成多少無法解決、煩惱的問題。
為什麼你對這個人,會這麼生氣呢?為什麼一看到這個人,你就瞋恨心起?這種無明、煩惱一起來,我們的形象就不好看了。互相沒有好感的對立,看在旁人的眼中,給人的感覺,會覺得這個人很不可理喻,很不想理他。所以這種孤立自己,這種的苦果也是自己的!
心沒照顧好
一念糊塗就被境界牽引
無明煩惱一起
苦果還是要自己承受

不要以為,我只是不喜歡他而已,我只是看到他,我的態度不好。其實,看在人人的眼中,我們自己的修養、人格問題損失就大了。
各位,你們想想看,這又不是很重的事,但是對自己的損失很大。若要說重或是不重,業,只要這個業的種子落入心地,周圍的緣來成就,將來還是同樣在人群中,也很難得有歡喜的生存,將來同樣障礙會很多。
為什麼做事情會很順利,因為過去結了很多好緣,很多人來成就我們的觀念,成就我們推動的力量。所以,我們若要做什麼事情,也都要有好緣。
好緣要從哪裡結?就是現在,你對任何一個人都要起歡喜心。看,釋迦牟尼佛不是這樣教我們嗎?《法華經》中,「常不輕菩薩」這一品,佛陀就在教我們,如何和人結好緣?如何來成就我們的人格?我們要常常不輕視別人,我們要對人常常起恭敬、尊重、歡喜心,這是常不輕菩薩,這一段為我們解釋的,就是教育我們成就人格。
所以我們若要真正學佛,不離娑婆,要入人群,唯一一樣最重要的方法,就是結好緣。
做事要順利
就要與人結好緣
對人常起恭敬、歡喜心
就是成就自我的人格

好緣,要從我們的內心開始。我們的心一定要常常很明朗,不要有無明。無明就是惑,是迷惑、很迷惑。我們修行,就是要認真在這一念,不要有這一念無明惑來現行,我們去造業。若如此,結成的苦果,別人不會替我們受,是我們自己;苦果自己種自己吃。
我們既然結了這個因、得了這個緣,果報現前,這就是業力愈結會愈多,因此對立愈來愈嚴重、愈深,這就叫做結怨連仇。
開始是一個怨而已,無因由的怨,慢慢的年久月深,就會結仇、就會現行、就會去做。做了之後就會真的有冤仇,冤仇一結,那就是禍端不斷了。
這都是一點點的事情,但是未來卻會很大。各位,學佛,師父是苦口婆心,人人應該心裡有數,大家應該知道,這些事情到底是對誰說話?
也許你們會說:「這可能是對某一個人。」其實若認為:「是對某一個人所說的話。我們自己就損失了,因為我們的心,沒去接受這個法。法譬如水,我們自己的心,若是沒有吸收法水,認為這是別人的,若如此,我們沒有警惕、反省、提防的心。相信這種的業、煩惱,在我們的心中,現行的機會就很多了。
所以,我們的心,真的要常常知道法譬如水,所以法水要常常在我們心中。不是對哪一個人說,是對你說的。所以大家要知道,:「這就是對我說的。」所以我們的無明,有「枝末無明」!
「枝末無明」
是屬於較粗顯的無明
在六道生死輪迴中
根和塵相互作用
生起的一切煩惱
稱之為「枝末無明」

枝末無明」,就是說心,完全都是說一念心字。你看,心,心所法。心所法之中,法,它本來無相,但是我們知道很多事,就是結合起來,所以它會去相應。心中光是一個心所法,在百法中,心所法就佔了五十一種心所法。這光是在貪、瞋、癡、慢、疑、見,這些煩惱就能遍行五十一種。
心與識相應所產生的
五十一種心理作用
稱之為「心所法」

這都是由根、由塵,和我們的心,互相接觸現行出來。所以,現行出來的東西,就是貪、瞋、癡、慢、疑。
我們每天都要自問看看:「我到底今天,心有什麼貪念沒有?」在道場修行的人,還有什麼貪呢?有!有很多,我愛這一樣。光是一個吃,我們就可以想到:「我不喜歡這個東西,我愛吃這個東西,這個東西怎麼沒多留一些?」這種雖然是這麼微小,還是同樣有貪,在吃的之中。
住,「唉呀!我住在這裡,我就是要和誰住在一起!怎麼把我分配在這個地方?而且我怎麼不能單位大一點?最好是有套房。」我們的心,在住的方面,是不是對環境也有所分別?也有所貪著?
心中有貪念
對人、對事、對物
就會產生分別心
徒增煩惱痛苦

瞋呢?瞋也是一樣。剛才說過了,「和我很喜歡的人一起做事,天長地久;可以說很多,天南地北。怎麼說話都很歡喜」。但是這些話是否如法?「不管它!就是歡喜就好了。」
有的人就是話說得很好,每一句話都很好,能警惕人心,但是聽了就很生氣:「裝聰明啊!以為你多聰明嗎?」其實是自己裝聰明,不是別人裝聰明。別人說得出來,我們還說不出來!別人做得到,我們還做不到。我們這種嫉賢妒能的心,都是從瞋開始。這種瞋心實在是很可怕。
對人就是慢,非常驕慢。「你知道,我和你也沒有差多少,甚至我比你知道得還要早。」有那種驕傲、貢高,這種心態也是一種大病。我們若是驕傲的人,絕對智慧無法增長,所以我們要很警惕。
驕傲自大也是一種病
驕傲的人
智慧很難增長

對人有疑心,也是很痛苦。你看現在,多少身心不健康的人,就是因為一個疑字。疑心生暗鬼,對人有疑,我們的心就會對人產生距離感,不敢和人在一起。或是和人在一起,就覺得:「這個人不是利益我,就是損害我。」如此,我們的人生就會很孤單。所以就不再有疑,疑是很痛苦的。
不是有一句話說:「佛心看人,人人都是佛;我們若是以鬼心看人,人人都是鬼。」我們若是用自在的心,每天都是平安日,我們若是起疑心,好像看時、看日都不平安。所以,這個疑字,不論是對人、對時、對地等等,這個疑,就會讓我們很困擾、很煩惱,所以,不要有疑心。
我們要相信自己,相信自己無私;要建立自我無私的心態,自然我們就會相信人人都有愛。如此我們還要懷疑什麼呢?不要懷疑!
疑會讓人生病
也會讓人孤單
心胸開闊不生疑
就能自在度日
人人都是一個
見解,因為有了見解,所以煩惱不斷、不斷,一直生起來。像這種都是在枝末無明裡面。
各位,枝末就是我們的根和塵,互相交結起來那個時候,讓我們產生出來的煩惱,所以我們要常常照顧好我們的根。
外面的境界無論如何,我們自己的根,眼睛看東西,我們若將前面那幾項,自己能把心健全起來,不要貪、瞋、癡、慢、疑,這些心病也沒了。根和境和塵就不會交合。所以我們要很小心。
還有一個「根本無明」。
「根本無明」
是屬於較深細的無明
眾生不覺
未通達真如法界
妄念微動、災難頻生
此不覺就是「根本無明」

眾生為什麼有這個,根本和枝末無明的交結?在我們的內心,因為大家還未體會到,因為眾生不通達一法界之理,我們就是心還沒有體會到一法界。
什麼叫做一法界?就是真如,真如不二法,所以叫做一,什麼叫做真如呢?真如就是我們人人的本性,就是最清淨的本性,我們大家都沒有去了解,沒有去體會到,我們若是人人能相信,心、佛、眾生三無差別,每個人都有這念,最精最誠的那念愛存在,就像佛陀一樣,沒有煩惱,沒有污染,非常明朗的真如本性。
不只是佛有,你有、我有、人人都有,所以,我們若能通達一法界的道理,如此什麼事情都不會發生,因為我們就是沒有通達,所以忽然妄念微動,這個妄念,只是輕輕地稍微動一下,就沒完沒了。
所以說來,這個妄念在哪裡?就是因為我們起心動念,真的很可怕,這個妄念微微一動,貪、瞋、癡、慢、疑,也全都微微動起來了,小的人物,就是人與人對立,或是對家庭無法幸福,對社會會擾亂。
若是再大一點的,國家的災難,我們來想想看,在2001年,有一件事情,那就是911的事件,恐怖分子,你想,這就是那一念無明妄動,這個妄念就是無明,無法了解什麼是「是」?什麼是「非」?就是很多的瞋恨,累積在心裡,到底他瞋恨誰呢?
在這兩座大樓裡面,這些人跟他結恨了嗎?跟他連仇了嗎?哪有結恨連仇?到底為什麼把飛機撞向那裡?損失了將近四、五千人,多少人的家庭。尤其是在國際間,造成了大震驚。
你看,這也只是一個妄念心起,卻造成這麼大的災難,再來在2003年美伊戰爭。你看,這都是人禍,這還有什麼人能知道?這個東西,就是因為我們人人不了解。這種一法界,就是人人應該有的清淨本性,人人有這種彼此互愛的環境,我們不懂得珍惜。
所以在這個無明、根、塵,動我們的心,所以使我們的心無明遮蓋,變成光明的智慧損失掉了。這個黑暗的無明不斷叢生,想想看,這都只是起於我們的一念心。
各位,無論你是在家或是出家,這念心真的要照顧好,否則妄念微動,就使我們的根本無明,一直產生出來,和外面的境界,不斷不斷一直累積,這樣絕對是沒完沒了的人生,六道,尤其是三惡道,就是在我們的身邊。
總而言之,各位,我們要時時照顧好我們的心,時時要多用心。
回頂端 向下
在線
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20110822《法譬如水》成就自我的人格   靜思晨語--20110822《法譬如水》成就自我的人格 Empty周三 8月 24, 2011 9:44 pm

Lecturer: Master Zheng-Yan
Subject: Build Character as Spiritual Practice (成就自我的人格)

I often say we should take good care of our minds. If we do not, in a moment of confusion we will be led by external conditions and unconsciously follow karmic forces to do wrong.

People often interact in this way. If I like someone at first sight, my happiness becomes linked to that person. This creates many unsolvable problems and afflictions. Why do you resent a certain person? Why does seeing him make you angry? Once ignorance and afflictions arise, we start to look unpleasant. When others notice our antagonism, they think and feel that we are unreasonable and ignore us. Thus we isolate ourselves and we only have ourselves to blame for this retribution.

If we do not take good care of our minds, in a moment of confusion, we will be led by external conditions. When ignorance and afflictions emerge, we must bear the karmic retribution.

Do not think it is a simple case of dislike. If we have a bad attitude toward another person on sight, others will see us as undisciplined, and it will be a blow to our character. Think about it: it is not a serious matter, but it can be damaging to us. So is it serious or not? Once the seed of this karma is sown in our minds, external conditions will bring it to fruition. Then in the future it will be difficult to live happily with others in the community and we will encounter many obstacles.

Why do things go smoothly for some people? Because they have cultivated good affinities. Many people help make our ideals a reality and give us the strength to achieve them. So if we want to accomplish anything, we need to make good connections. Where do we start? Here and now, when facing others, evoke a joyful heart.

Wasn’t this what Sakyamuni Buddha taught us? In the Lotus Sutra in the chapter of Never-Disparaging Bodhisattva, the Buddha taught us how to create good affinities with others and build our character. We should never disparage others. We must treat them with courtesy, respect, and a joyful heart. This was the way of Never-Disparaging Bodhisattva, and this is how the Buddha taught us to build character. So if we want to truly learn Buddhism, we cannot leave the Saha world, we must live among people, and the primary method is to create good affinities.

For things to proceed smoothly, we need to create good affinities with others. Treating others with respect and a joyful heart helps us build character.

Good affinities develop from our minds. Our minds must remain bright and clear, without ignorance. Ignorance is delusion, and it causes confusion. Spiritual practice is about being mindful of our thoughts, not allowing ignorance and delusion to manifest.
If we do so and create bad karma, we suffer the consequences. No one else can bear that for us. We planted the fruit of suffering ourselves. Therefore, retribution manifests.

Once we create the cause, it results in the condition. Retribution comes as bad karma grows over time, as antagonism intensifies and deepens. This is the cycle of hatred and enmity. It begins with hatred, baseless resentment, and as it deepens over time, it creates hostility. When it translates into action, then it truly becomes enmity. Once we make an enemy, misfortunes keep coming. Things start small, but may become major problems in the future.

In learning Buddhism, as I have repeatedly reminded you, you all should have certain understanding. You should know who I am addressing these teachings to. Some may think that I am speaking directly to someone else. But if they think that way, then they lose out, because their minds did not accept this Dharma. Dharma is as water. If our minds cannot absorb Dharma-water, thinking it belongs to someone else, then we do not have vigilant, reflective, guarded minds. In that case, karma and afflictions will have many opportunities to manifest. So in our minds, we must always recognize. Dharma as water and keep it always in our minds. I am not speaking to someone else, I am speaking to you. Everyone must know “she is speaking to me, and know that Branch Ignorance is part of our ignorance.”

Branch Ignorance is classified as a coarser type of ignorance. In the Six Realms of cyclic existence, when the sense organs and objects interact, all the afflictions that arise are called Branch Ignorance.

Branch Ignorance is about the mind. It is all about our thoughts. Look at the mind and all its functions. Dharma originally had no form in these functions. But we know that when many things connect, they begin to correspond. Among the 100 elemental functions, 51 are functions possessed by the mind. Greed, anger, ignorance, pride, doubt, and false views alone pervade the 51 functions.

Mind and consciousness correspond and give rise to 51 mental functions. They are functions possessed by the mind.

The functions manifest through the meeting of sense organs, sense objects, and our minds. They result in greed, anger, ignorance, pride and doubt. We should ask ourselves every day, “We there any greed in my mind today?” Do monastic practitioners still have many desires? Yes, a lot. Food alone elicits thoughts like. “I do not like that. I crave this. Why aren’t there more left over?” Although these are petty things, there is an element of greed.

Accommodations elicit thoughts of “I live here? I wanted to live with that person. Why am I assigned here? Why couldn’t I get a larger unit? Ideally, I’d like a suite.” Our minds differentiate between different living environments, and we have specific desires.

If we have greed in our minds, a discriminating mind arises toward people, matters and things, which causes afflictions and suffering.

Anger is similar I just mentioned, “I want to work with someone I like, always and forever. We can talk a lot, about anything and everything. I enjoy whatever we talk about.” But do these words comply with the Dharma? “I don’t care as long as I’m happy. Some people speak well; every sentence makes sense and reminds us to be vigilant. But others get angry at them “Don’t try to be smart! “You think you are so clever!” But they are the ones pretending to be smart. When someone else can say it but they cannot, their jealousy results in anger. An angry mind is truly frightening.

Some people are proud and very arrogant. “You know, you and I not very different, I actually knew things before you did. That arrogance and pride, that mindset, is a serious illness. If we are arrogant, we cannot gain wisdom, so we must be vigilant.

Pride and arrogance are also illnesses. An arrogant person finds it hard to gain wisdom.

Distrust in others is also very painful. Nowadays you can see that many people are unhealthy, physically and mentally, just because of doubt. They are suspicious everything. When we doubt someone, we mentally distance ourselves from them. We dare not mingle with others. Even when we are with others, we feel that they will never help us, but rather will hurt us. Thus we become isolated. So do not have doubts.

Being suspicious is distressing. There is a saying, “Use Buddha’s mind to see others, and everyone is a Buddha. Use a demon’s mind to see others and everyone is a demon.” If our minds are at ease every day will be peaceful. If our minds are always doubtful every day will be uneasy. Whether we feel doubt toward people, time, or place, etc., it troubles us, it afflicts us. So we should not be doubtful.

We must believe in ourselves, trust that we are selfless. If we construct a selfless mindset, we naturally believe that everyone is loving, and then there will be nothing to doubt. Do not doubt.

Doubt cause illness. It also leads to isolation. If our mind is open and without doubt, we can live each day with ease.

We all have our own views. Once we have opinions, afflictions constantly emerge. This falls under Branch Ignorance. Everyone, Branch ignorance arises when sense organs meet sense objects and create afflictions. So, we must take good care of our sense organs, regardless of the external conditions. We use our sense organs, our eyes, to see things. If we can strengthen our minds to avoid greed, anger, ignorance, doubt, we will eliminate mental afflictions. Then our sense organs will no longer connect with sense objects. So, we have to be very careful because there is also Root Ignorance.

Root Ignorance is a more subtle form of ignorance. Sentient beings lack awareness since they have not reached the Ultimate Dharma Realm. A tiny delusion can cause frequent disasters. This lack of awareness is Root Ignorance.

Why do Root and Branch Ignorance coexist within sentient beings? Because we have not understood or attained the truth of the Absolute Dharma Realm. What is the Absolute Dharma Realm? It is the Ultimate Reality. It is the non-dual absolute Dharma. What is the Ultimate Reality? It is our true nature, our purest nature. We have not truly realize or experienced it.

If we all believe that mind, Buddha, and sentient beings are not different, and recognize that this truest, most sincere love exists in every one of us, then we can be like Buddha. We will have no worries, no defilement. This clear and vast Buddha-nature exists not only in Buddha, but in all of us. If we attain the Absolute Dharma Realm, nothing will happen.

Since we have not attained it, when a tiny deluded thought stirs, however slightly, it leads to endless problems. So where do deluded thoughts come from? They come when thoughts arise unchecked. This can be very frightening. With a tiny deluded thought, emotions of greed, anger, ignorance, arrogance, doubt are roused. On a small scale, this leads to conflicts among people, unhappy families and disrupted societies. On a larger scale, we see national disasters.

Let us think back to 2001, to the event on Sept. 11th. Terrorists with ignorant thoughts took reckless actions. They were deluded by ignorance, and could not understand what was "right" and what was "wrong", because so much anger and hatred had accumulated in their minds. But whom did they really hate? Did the people in the Twin Towers do anything to create that hatred? Where did this hatred come from? Why would they fly airplanes into the towers? They killed nearly 3000 people and destroyed their families. It was a huge shock to the international community.

See, this act arose from a deluded thought and caused so much devastation. Then came the Iraq War in 2003. These are all man-made disasters. Does anyone know why these disasters happened? It is because people do not understand. This Absolute Dharma Realm is the pure nature and the loving environment that everyone of us has, but we do not cherish this.

So, ignorance, sense organs and objects affect our minds. When our minds are clouded by ignorance, we lose our illuminating wisdom, and the darkness perpetually grows. Think about it. This is all caused by a single thought.

Everyone, whether you are a monastic or lay practitioner, you must take good care of your thoughts. Otherwise a deluded thought arises and Root Ignorance is continuously produced and accumulated as it interacts with external conditions. We will never see the end of this. The Six Realms, especially the Three Evil Realms, are always around us.

In conclusion, everyone, we must constantly take good care of our minds and always be mindful.
(Source: Da Ai TV 靜思晨語 法譬如水)
回頂端 向下
在線

靜思晨語--20110822《法譬如水》成就自我的人格
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: 靜思晨語 :: 靜思晨語--法譬如水-
前往: