Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

靜思晨語--20111205《法譬如水》八倒 (二)

向下 
發表人內容
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

文章總數 : 29041
年齡 : 70
來自 : 台中
威望 : 1661
注冊日期 : 2009-01-11

靜思晨語--20111205《法譬如水》八倒 (二)  Empty
發表主題: 靜思晨語--20111205《法譬如水》八倒 (二)    靜思晨語--20111205《法譬如水》八倒 (二)  Empty周一 12月 05, 2011 2:47 pm

回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20111205《法譬如水》八倒 (二)    靜思晨語--20111205《法譬如水》八倒 (二)  Empty周一 12月 05, 2011 2:55 pm

【證嚴上人開示】
我們常說顛倒,顛倒就是凡夫和小乘,凡夫就是不明白道理,難免就會顛倒;小乘的修行者,就是執著在修行小我的範圍,所以也無法將眼界看開,容易取著一端,也是會有顛倒。
所以八倒完全是指凡夫小乘,所以顛倒。
凡夫八倒:
非常計常 非樂計樂
非我計我 不淨計淨
小乘者四倒:
常計無常 樂計非樂
我計非我 淨計不淨

凡夫他是執著有,妄想在無常的法中計常。世間可有常?若有常,為什麼我們會說昨天、會說今天?為什麼我們會說去年、今年?同樣在過日子,哪有過去、現在,也還有未來?未來的名稱永遠在變,所以沒有什麼是常。
現在叫做清早,再一會兒就天亮了,也叫做上午,再來就有下午。上、中、下的時間,這就是無常。但是在時間無常流動中,萬物也是一樣隨著應變。大自然的事物是這樣,何況是我們人?
人體內新陳代謝,幼小的孩子,不斷因為新陳代謝,不斷成長、成長;年輕人也是一樣。大自然,身體的變化,慢慢就中年、老年了。人有哪裡是常呢?
但是凡夫偏偏要計著是常,所以為常而計著,那就容易顛倒了。
世間明明就是苦,不過,凡夫就是計樂。世間樂在哪裡?既然有變化,沒有一樣是我們永久所有,所以沒有永久的樂。但是凡夫就偏偏在苦中作樂。靜靜地想一想,那一個人不是在苦中作樂呢?
明明就無我,我們偏偏要計有我。我到底什麼時候是我?什麼東西是我?但是人總是有一個我的執著,那就有計較了。
因為有我,就有你,就有他,所以有了人、我、他。他稱自己也是說我,你也稱自己也是叫做我,到底哪一個是叫做我?我就是凡夫所執著,所以計較紛爭就很多了!
不淨計淨。我們若是感冒時,開始就要封上口罩,因為我們身體裡全都是細菌,感冒時細菌就很猖獗。只要你一個咳嗽,一咳嗽,很多細菌就從我們的口中出來,容易感染別人。我們想,我們身體到底哪裡清淨?所以不淨而計淨,這都是凡夫。
凡夫執著有
妄想在無常的法中計常
在苦難的世間作樂
因我執起計較紛爭
不淨計淨
所以容易顛倒

小乘的人,則老是計著於空,沒啊!什麼都沒有!其實,就是在空中,他有一種執著,所以容易偏差,所以著於空!常,他就說無常。
其實什麼叫做空?凡夫小乘不知道空中還有妙有,不知道無常之中有永恆。
又再「樂計非樂」,有一種法喜常樂,但是他無法體會,所以「樂計非樂」。
還有「我計無我」,明明有一個我。只是大我他無法體會,就執著在小我,小我的無明我,這也是叫做顛倒。
「淨計不淨」,有清淨妙法,但是什麼事他都認為不淨。
所以這就是凡小八種顛倒!
小乘者計著於空
常就說無常
無法體會法喜常樂
不明白大我執著小我
清淨妙法認為不淨
所以容易偏差

小乘,我們大家都知道,獨覺、小乘、聲聞等等,這都是一種小乘修行者。我們現在來分析,什麼叫做凡夫?
凡夫四倒之一:
非常計常

「非常計常」,我們就知道,世間一切都是有為法,有為法皆是無常,也是虛幻不實,沒有長久的東西;但是凡夫就執著這是常的,這是我的。
什麼叫做「有為法」?有為法就是有作為的。「這個東西我覺得太短,我想要把它拉長。」會長、會短這就無常了。「我覺得這個太小了,要把它擴大一些。」這也是無常。
世間只要讓你能造作的東西,形狀一定會變。這是有為有作的東西,也就做無常。
何況在天地萬物中,土地上面的草除乾淨了,它還是會長出來。我們種花、種樹,期待它種樹能開花、能結果,結果了,它還能再落土,再藉因緣生長。但是欠缺了這些緣,它就生長不起來。所以不是永遠都是這樣,所以說來就是無常!
何況在天地萬物、大自然的境界不斷變動。看看在2005年這段時間裡,你們看,天下多少山河大地變色?有的山已經變成谷地;有的河已經升高,比平地還高。這種大自然的摧毀,大地山河的變動,想想看,大自然有什麼是常呢?
何況世間社會事物,老實說沒有一樣是常。何況是我們人,嬰兒的時期是我,青少年時期是我,或是老年時。所以我們自己的身體不斷變化,因為我們有行蘊,非常微細地不斷運轉變動。
就像大乾坤,日、月、地球不斷運轉,這哪有常的呢?所以無常!而且都是幻化!
不過,凡夫就是無法了解這些道理,所以爭端就一直生起,煩惱無明真的是苦不堪言,這就是凡夫妄計為常,就變成是常的顛倒,常的顛倒就讓我們很煩惱了。
還有第二種顛倒,那就是「非樂計樂」!
凡夫四倒之二:
非樂計樂

「非樂」,世間什麼是真正的快樂?世間多數的樂,差不多都是五欲。欲,人家說:「欲心如火,欲念如海。」不是有句話說:「愛河千尺浪,苦海萬丈波。」欲是無止境的,何況社會人間的五欲。
色欲、聲欲、香欲、味欲、觸欲,這是人在日常生活中,最讓我們起顛倒的,就是這五樣因素。所以五欲,原本世間都是虛幻無常,但是在虛幻無常中,我們要執著,就變成苦了。
所以說「非樂計樂」。世間五欲之樂,這都是惹來很多苦因。
凡夫四倒之三:
非我計我
各位,我,我到底在那裡?我們用這個名詞稱作我,這只不過是一個代名詞而已,這個代名詞也永遠不同。
你說「我」,我也說「我」,到底你是我?還是我是我?或是他?他也說「我」,他是我,還是我是我?這其實只是一個代名詞而已。不過,我們人就是計我,所以非我計我。
這是身,身皆因四大假合。我們指我們的身體是我,我們的身體其實是四大假合,但是我們沒有人知道,儘管我們學佛的人,師父常常告訴你們四大假合,但是說知道四大是什麼呢?我知道,地水火風。但是這是知道那個名詞,裡面真正的道理我們無法體會。所以因為沒有用心去體會,我們會常常非我計我,不會去想這種四大假合,本來就沒有一個真正的我,因為凡夫沒有真的我。
四大的名詞都各有名詞,所以我們要多去了解,人生沒有什麼是真的我。所以真我不可得,無論什麼時候,不斷,行蘊這樣轉變,沒有一個時刻是常住的我。
第四就是「不淨計淨」。
凡夫四倒之四:
不淨計淨

以為我們自己的身體,別人的身體都是乾淨的,所以因為有男女的追逐,其實有什麼好追逐的?惹上了色欲,惹火燒身。
世間有很多,因為人對某一個人起歡喜心,不擇手段,這也很痛苦,不知道那個人一樣是很不清淨的。
就如摩登伽女在追求阿難時,阿難差一點,就被摩登伽女勾走了,幸好有舍利弗和文殊菩薩,及時出現,趕緊把他帶回佛的面前。
佛陀叫阿難:「去吧!去洗浴,把全身洗一洗!」
摩登伽女就來了,要向佛陀討阿難:「佛陀不是很慈悲嗎?您的弟子阿難,我愛。您還給我,給我吧!」
佛陀就說:「來,你愛阿難是嗎?阿難洗好身體的水,把它拿來前面,妳如果愛他,就先把這些水喝下去。」
摩登伽女說:「佛陀!這水這麼髒,您為什麼叫我喝呢?」
佛陀就說:「妳不是很愛他嗎?光是他身上洗下來的水,你就嫌髒了,還有身上的九孔不淨,有什麼好愛的呢?」
摩登伽女她就覺悟了。
所以我們凡夫根機鈍劣,我們怎麼說都還不知道,就是愛就對了,就追了,這樣惹火燒身。
根機利一點的,看,佛陀對摩登伽女一點破,妳不是很愛他?愛他,水就是從他身上來的。這樣她就能覺悟,出家了,修行了!
所以不淨計淨。
各位,我們大家在日常生活中,身體我們自己去探討,探討自己的身體是什麼樣?去想一想有什麼可愛的?
所以各位,希望大家在佛陀的教化中,我們既然修行,我們就要時時多用心!
回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20111205《法譬如水》八倒 (二)    靜思晨語--20111205《法譬如水》八倒 (二)  Empty周三 12月 07, 2011 2:42 pm

Lecturer: Master Zheng-Yan
Subject: The Eight Inverted Views (Part 2) (八倒二)

We have discussed the Inverted Views of ordinary people and of Hinayana practitioners. Ordinary people do not always use reason, so confusion is inevitable. Hinayana practitioners cling to practicing for themselves alone, so it is hard for them to broaden their vision. They easily adhere to extremes, which also causes inverted views. The Eight Inverted Views are attributed to ordinary people and Hinayana practitioners.

The Four Inverted Views of ordinary people: clinging to impermanence as permanence, not-joy as joy, no-self as “self”, impurity as purity.
The Four inverted Views of Hinayana practitioners: clinging to permanence as impermanence, joy as not-joy, the Greater Self as no-self, purity as impurity.

Ordinary people cling to existence, and falsely see impermanence as permanence. Is there permanence in this world? If there is, then why do we speak of yesterday and today, last year and this year? If every day is the same, how is there a past, present and future? What we call the future keeps changing, so nothing is permanent. Right now it is dawn, in a while day will break, and it will be morning. Then comes afternoon. Time is separated into before, now and after; this is impermanence.

But as time keeps passing, sentient beings adapt to changes. It happens everywhere in nature, and even in our bodies, in our metabolism. Young children keep growing because of their metabolism. Teenagers are the same. Their bodies naturally change; gradually they become middle-aged, then elderly. What is permanent for humans? Yet ordinary people want things to be permanent so they act and plan accordingly. This easily leads to confusion. The world is clearly full of suffering, but ordinary people expect joy.

Where is there joy in this world? Since change is constant, nothing is ours forever. So there isn’t much joy. But ordinary people still seek joy amid suffering. If we think about it, who isn’t trying to seek joy amid suffering? Clearly the “self” does not truly exist, but we still cling to it. When am I really me? What am I? People tend to cling to “me” and “mine” so conflicts with others arise. When there is “self,” there is “other.” If he refers to himself as “I,” and you refer to yourself as “I,” which one is really “I?”

Ordinary people cling to the self, creating many issues and conflicts. We cling to the impure as pure. If we have a cold, we have to wear a mask, because our bodies are full of germs. If we have the flu, germs run rampant . When we cough, we release many germs from our mouths, which can easily infect others. Let us think, where can we find purity in our bodies? Seeing impurity as pure is what ordinary people do.

Ordinary people cling to the notion of existence. In delusion, they see impermanence as permanence. They strive to find joy amid worldly suffering. Due to attachment to self, they take issue and create conflict with others. They see impurity as pure, so they are easily confused.

Hinayana practitioners cling to Emptiness. “There’s absolutely nothing.” But they are attached to Emptiness, so they easily deviate. They see permanence as impermanence. But ordinary people and Hinayana practitioners do not truly understand Emptiness. There is Wondrous Existence in Emptiness. They do not know there is eternity in impermanence. They “cling to joy as not-joy.” Dharma-joy is constant, but they cannot realize it. So they see what is joyful as not joyful. They “see the Greater Self as no-self.” There is clearly a self, but they cannot realize the Greater Self, so they cling to the lesser, ignorant self. This is also an inverted view. They “see the pure as impure.” Pure wondrous Dharma exists, but they consider everything impure. So those are the Eight Inverted Views.

Hinayana practitioners are attached to Emptiness. They see permanence as impermanence and cannot realize the permanence of Dharma-joy. They do not understand the Greater Self, so they cling to the lesser self. They deem pure Dharma impure, and easily deviate.

We know about the Hinayana practice. Pratyekabuddhas, Sravakas, etc., are all Hinayana practitioners. Now let is analyze ordinary people. They “cling to impermanence as permanence.” We all know that everything in the world is conditioned. All conditioned things are impermanent, empty and illusory. Nothing lasts forever, but ordinary people cling to permanence, saying “this is mine.” What is a “conditioned thing?” It is something created by conditions. If we think something is too short, we want to make it longer. What can be made longer or shorter is impermanent.
What can be made bigger or smaller, is also impermanent. Whatever we create can be changed. What is created under impermanent conditions is impermanent.

This applies to everything in this world. When we clear weeds, they will grow again. When we plant flowers and trees, we anticipate reaping what we have sown. The fruit will fall on the ground and new plants will grow under the right causes and conditions. But if the conditions are absent, they will not. So the cycle does not always repeat itself. Therefore, everything is impermanent. Everything in the natural world keeps changing.

In 2005, many mountains and rivers in the world drastically changed. Some mountains flattened into canyons, and rivers rose above their banks. The destruction of nature is evident in the great shift of mountains and rivers. Think about it , what is permanent in nature? Or in People? Societies? The world? Nothing is permanent.
“I” may be a baby, “I” may be an adolescent or a senior. Our bodies constantly change because of the Aggregate of Action. It is very subtle, constantly moving and changing, like the universe. The Sun, the Moon and the Earth keep orbiting, where is the permanence in that? So everything is impermanent and illusory.

However, ordinary people cannot comprehend these principles, so conflicts arise, causing afflictions that are unspeakably painful. When ordinary people see impermanence as permanence, they are confused. The inverted view of permanence causes affliction.

Then there is the second type of inverted view, “clinging to not-joy as joy.” Consider what is not joyful. Where is true happiness in this world? Much joy in the world comes from the Five Desires. People say hearts of desire blaze like fire. Thought of desire are like a sea.
There is a saying, “1000-foot swells rise in the river of love 10,000 waves surge in the sea of suffering ”
Desire is boundless, especially with people’s Five Desires. Desire for form, sound, smell taste and touch. In our daily lives, these five factors give rise to our inverted views. The world is illusory and impermanent. Clinging to illusory and impermanent things becomes suffering. This is seeing what is not joyful as joyful. The joy from the Five Desires is the cause of much suffering.

“Clinging to no- self as ‘self’” Everyone, where is the self? We use this term to refer to ourselves. But it is just a term, and the meaning is always different. You say “I,” I also say “I.” So are you the self, am I the self, or is he the self? He also says “I.” Is he the self or am I the self? Actually, “self” is just a word. But we believe in a permanent self. We see no-self as “self” or the body as the self. The body is a temporary composite of Four Elements. We refer to our bodies as ourselves, but they are really aggregates of the Four Elements. However, no one understands this, even some Buddhist practitioners.

I have spoken about the aggregate of Four Elements. But if I ask you, what are the Four Elements? “I know, earth, water, fire and wind.” But this is just knowing the terms, without really comprehending their meaning. Because we do not make an effort to comprehend, we often see no-self as “self.” We do not think about this temporary composite of the Four Elements, how there is no permanent self. Ordinary people do not have true selves. Each of the Four Elements has its own name, so we have to try to understand them. There is no permanent self in life. There self unobtainable. At any given moment, we are changing and transforming, there is no moment when the permanent self exists.

The fourth is “Clinging to impurity as purity.” We think of our bodies and others’ bodies are pure. So men and women pursue each other. But what is there to pursue? Entertaining sexual desire is counting disaster. So often in this world, one develops a liking for someone, and pursues the person at all costs. That also brings pain. We do not understand that the other person is just as impure.

When Matanga pursued Ananda, he was almost seduced by her. Fortunately, Sariputra and Manjusri appeared just in time. They brought him back to the Buddha. The Buddha told Ananda to take a bath. After he washed himself, Matanga came and asked the Buddha for Ananda. “Buddha, aren’t you compassionate? I love your disciple Ananda please return him to me.” So the Buddha said, “You love Ananda, correct? Here is Ananda’s bath water in front of you. If you love him, then drink this water first.” Matanga said “Oh Buddha, this water is filthy, why do you want me to drink it?” The Buddha , “Don’t you love him? You detest his bathwater as too dirty, what about impurities from his Nine Orifices? What is there to love?” then Matanga become enlightened.

So ordinary people have limited capacity. We do not really understand anything. When we crave someone, we pursue them. This is how we could disaster. If our capacity was greater, we would understand, as Matanga did when Buddha pointed out her folly. “Don’t you love him? If so, drink the water from his bath.” With that, she became enlightened and left home for spiritual practice. Thus “see what is impure as pure.

Everyone, in our daily lives, we should investigate our body, investigate what is actually lovable about it investigate what is actually lovable about it. I hope we all live under the Buddha’s teachings. Since we are practicing, we should always be mindful.
(Source: Da Ai TV 靜思晨語 法譬如水)
回頂端 向下

靜思晨語--20111205《法譬如水》八倒 (二)
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: 靜思晨語 :: 靜思晨語--法譬如水-
前往: