Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

靜思晨語--20111214《法譬如水》八苦(四)

向下 
發表人內容
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

文章總數 : 29096
年齡 : 70
來自 : 台中
威望 : 1661
注冊日期 : 2009-01-11

靜思晨語--20111214《法譬如水》八苦(四) Empty
發表主題: 靜思晨語--20111214《法譬如水》八苦(四)   靜思晨語--20111214《法譬如水》八苦(四) Empty周三 12月 14, 2011 4:08 pm

回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20111214《法譬如水》八苦(四)   靜思晨語--20111214《法譬如水》八苦(四) Empty周三 12月 14, 2011 4:10 pm

【證嚴上人開示】
八苦之四「死苦」
壽盡:謂果疾病壽盡而死
外緣:謂遇惡緣
或遭水火等難而死

人生真的是無常,又是苦,到頭來就是一場空,從生老病再來就是死了,死是苦。
確實這個苦,不只是苦在身,四大要分散時,加上我們心識的惶恐或是不捨,所以就在那裡非常掙扎,在那裡牽扯分不開,這非常辛苦。
我們平時就要了解,我們平時能體會,大自然的法則,有生一定有死。在人的身上,天地萬物有生就有滅、有成就有壞,這都是一定的法則,一定的道理。看清楚了,就不要再和死亡,或破滅敗壞計較;我們放寬心,要認真在這段之間。
東西成就了,我們要如何運用這樣東西,好好疼惜,讓這樣東西發揮最高的良能。就像一把刀,成的時候就是要成就一把很銳利的刀;但是成了之後,不論多久,這把刀也會鈍,也有報銷毀壞的一天。但是這之間,我們要用在什麼樣的用途?這是對物質來說,它有成、有壞、有破滅的時間。
對我們人來說,生有長大、有老,所以有病、有死。這個過程最重要的,就是在這之間,人生下來一直到死亡的時刻,不論是多久的時間,總之我們要用心;我們要好好利用,利用我們這一生的身體。
人云:「身是載道器。」有了這個身體,我們才有ㄧ個道場。所說的道場,是心靈的道場。我們能感受到世間一切的境界,經過佛陀說法,將道理和外面所有的境界對照,真理用在我們心中,行於日常生活中。所以這就是用我們的身,看外面的境界,來會合佛陀的道理,讓我們有修行的機會。
所以有這個身,我們要好好利用它,我們若能好好利用,順於大自然的法則,死就沒有什麼可怕,沒有什麼牽扯,我們應該就是輕安自在。
天地萬物
有生就成滅
有成就有壞
這是自然法則
若能好好利用身體
將真理用在我們心中
行於日常生活中
面對生死就能輕安自在

在我們的醫院裡,難免我們所看到的,有我們不認識的人,有我們認識的人,甚至也有我們道場中,我們的師兄弟。像紹恩(德恩師父),你看,年齡還不是很大;我們自己也有醫院,但是又能怎麼樣呢?大自然的法則一來,他還是輕安自在,住院就去住院,他好像什麼事都很放得下,一直到最後。你看,這就是順於法則。
還有我們的委員,已經走掉了多少委員。說是走掉,應該是又回來多少委員,他們那念堅固的道心,在病中他們很自在。
甚至看看靜蓉,她已經昏迷了,師父去看她時,叫不醒,醫師就說:「可能無法再清醒了。」我在旁邊叫她,還是看到她睡得很安詳。
幾天後,我再去醫院看她,她已經醒了,在那裡等師父來。看到師父,微笑著,也很輕安地叫著:「師父,您那麼忙還來看我?」
我也用很輕鬆的語調,拍了她一下說:「難道是今天才來看妳?幾天前來看妳,妳還不理我,就睡妳的。」
她說:「師父,您這麼忙,沒時間睡,我就替您睡。」還是那麼幽默地對師父說。
我說:「妳應該知道喔!」
「我都知道,師父,我快去會快回來。」
我說:「對啊!等妳喔!」
不覺得談生或是談死,經過一兩天,花蓮所有的師姊都來了,到病房裡看她,她一個一個看,說:「哦!都來了,感恩啊!」這樣過了一會兒,就把手抬起來說:「再見了!」就此輕輕安安地去了。
所以死是不是苦呢?只要看得開、放得下、沒有牽掛,自然就輕安。雖然病的這段時間,對身體當然是苦,不過,她懂得調適她的心境,每一次去看她,都讓人很安心。看病就像在聽說法一樣,現這個病相,讓人知道人生有身體就有病痛。所以雖然是現病相,並沒有苦相。
這個病相是向人說法,因為她很輕安,她很自在,緣若盡了,抬起手來,再見了,這就是已經緣盡了;這個地方的緣盡了,那邊的因緣成熟,所以捨此投彼,這樣又再回來了。這些道理我們若能了解,死沒有什麼苦。
死並不苦
只要懂得調適心境
看得開、放得下
沒有牽掛自然就輕安

死沒什麼苦,不過,佛陀還是要對我們說死,讓我們了解死是苦。多數都是凡夫,但是古人說:「什麼都要學,死不要學而已。」
我就一直說:「什麼都要學,連死都要學;甚至可以別的不學,死一定要學。」我們要如何在生死之間?我們要如何運用這之間?我們要如何面對最後?這是一件很大的終身大事,所以我們應該要用心。
若是對一般凡夫而言,死苦有幾種呢?將之分成兩種,一種就是病死,身體已經有了疾病,壽已經盡了,所以就死了。壽就是時間,古人有句話說:「未註生,先註死。」所以我們來人間,到底有多長的時間?那個時間一到,叫做壽盡,所以壽盡,我們應該要輕安;時間到了就是輕安,壽,無法去預計長短。
我接到我們的常住志工,醫療的志工,拿來一個信封袋,跟我說:「師父,一百零五歲的老師姊,要培訓了,這裡面就是她的資料。」一百零五歲,皈依之後,她知道要做師父的弟子,就是要做委員,要加入慈濟,去為人群付出。
她是一百零五歲,一次不注意跌一跤,腳斷了,送到我們的醫院。我們的醫療,我們的醫師技術高明,趕緊及時幫他開刀,骨頭接好,幾天後她就能起來走路了,跟她說要出院了。她說:「不,我要等師父回來看我,我才要出院。」她常常心心念念要來看師父,不過,一直沒有機會。就是這回跌斷腿的因緣,所以她既然來到這裡,離師父最近,只是師父行腳,也知道快回來了,所以她就撒嬌。她就說:「我一定要等到師父回來,看到師父,我才要出院。」
所以回來後去讓她看一下,她覺得三十多年的心願,已經達成了。她說:「師父,您會不會嫌棄我?我要當您的徒弟。」
「很好啊!」所以那天就在病房中,我就跟她說:「好,這樣妳的資料寫一寫,師父就幫妳皈依,就給妳一個法號,妳就算是師父的弟子。」
旁邊的人就說:「妳要當師父的弟子,妳就要來當委員。」
她說:「可以嗎?好啊!」就這樣一言為定。
媳婦就說:「婆婆來當委員,我會陪她。」所以一個變兩個。
所以那一天,就拿了一張說:「老師姊真的來報名了,要來培訓。」你看一百零五歲要來培訓,所以不怕老,時間如果還沒到,肯發心,她還有時間在菩薩道中,還能修行。
所以身是載道器,她的壽命還長,還有,還很聰明,沒有顛倒,她還是有應用這個身體,壽命的價值,所以把握時間就是做,所以這是壽。壽若盡才會死,壽若還未盡就不會死,死不了。
這是第一種,就是自然的法則,無論他壽命長短,都是自然的,在他開始來(人間)時,就已經註定。
再來就是「外緣」。
剛才是因為病痛,現在就是外緣。假使遇上外緣,比如水災、火災或是墜落山谷,或是人與人之間,彼此互相的人禍戰爭等等,這都不是因病而壽終,這是因為突然之間的意外。
所以常說:「是無常先到?或是明天先到?」這種無常人生,突然的變化,就損傷了身命,身體和生命就是因為意外損傷。
大家應該記得,在二00四年十二月二十六日,在班達亞齊,一個海嘯波及十二個國家,不同的國家,同一種的災禍,同樣那ㄧ天,多少人的生命在海嘯海浪中,在不同的地方,卻同一天意外往生。
這一波的意外,慈濟投入了,動員了全球,希望讓人人能警惕,讓大家眼光再看遠一點。不論他在哪一個國家,讓他能透視到某一個國家,同一種的災難,不同的國家,受這麼大的破滅;希望能讓大家知道,利用這種警惕的機會,看看能不能人人覺悟,發揮那分覺性清淨的大愛。
這個時候我們已經能透視到人性本善,只要有人一提醒,有人一帶動,全球的慈濟人,動員起來勸募。不論太陽多大,或是雪多冷,他們都是捧著愛心箱,在當地國家勸募,勸募的這個愛心箱,這就是一個道場,我們聲聲說感恩,句句說無常,這種無常的境界,我們要趕緊對大家宣告。
人家如果起一分愛心,每一分錢投下去,我們都是鞠躬感恩,所以這就是一個感恩的道場,也是真正每個人活生生的道場。能說法,能感動人。所以這就是因為世間,有這種意外、災難;我們若能把握機會,這就是道具,如何教育人的一個方法。
所以人生無常,光是一個身體,就有講不完的道理。所以我們大家在生死之間,我們如何來看境界,外面的境界、裡面的心境。我們能認清佛陀所說的教法,我們要好好來接受;外面的境界讓我們印證,所以我們應該要很珍惜,佛陀的教法,所以用在我們的日常生活中。所以請大家時時要多用心。
回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20111214《法譬如水》八苦(四)   靜思晨語--20111214《法譬如水》八苦(四) Empty周二 12月 20, 2011 9:41 pm

Lecturer: Master Zheng-Yan
Subject: The Eight Sufferings Part 4(八苦四)

The fourth of the Eight Sufferings is Death.
Natural End: Death from illness or old age.
External Conditions: Death from evil conditions or disasters like floods, fires, etc.

Life is truly impermanent, and full of suffering. In the end, there is nothing but emptiness. After birth, aging and illness, there is the Suffering of Death. Death is suffering not only because the Four Elements disintegrate, but also because we are frightened or reluctant to let go. So we are torn and we struggle, which is very painful.

We must understand the laws of nature. Death is inevitable for all living creatures. The human body is an example. All things that are born must die; where there is formation, there is destruction. This is an immutable law, an absolute Truth. If we see that clearly, we will not fight death or struggle against decay and destruction. If we open our minds, we can truly accomplish many things in this lifetime. We must make use of these things, cherish them and bring out their highest potential.

Take a knife, for example. When that knife was made, it was very sharp. But over time, its edges dull, and one day it will break or be destroyed. In the meantime, how will we use it? For material objects, there is a cycle of formation and destruction. For humans, there is birth, growth, and aging, so there is illness and death. The most important time is between birth and death. No matter how long it lasts, we must fully and mindfully use that time. We must use this body because “The body is a vehicle for cultivation.” With this body, we have a place for spiritual cultivation, where we can experience all conditions in this world. Through the Buddha-Dharma, we can see how Truth mirrors those conditions. We can then apply and practice the Truth in our hearts and our daily lives. We use our body to experience external conditions, and with the Buddha’s teaching, it is an opportunity for spiritual cultivation. So we must fully use our bodies. If we do so, then in accordance with the laws of nature, death will not be scary, we will not struggle. We will be peaceful and at ease.

For everything in the universe, where there is birth, there is death; where there is formation, there is destruction. This is the law of nature. If we make good use of this physical body and realize the Truth in our dual lives, we can face life and death with peace and ease.

At the hospital we see some people we do not know, and some we do. We even see people from our monastery. Take Master En, for example. Master En was not very old, and we have our own hospital. But what could we do? When the laws of nature came into effect, Master En peacefully went to stay at the hospital. It seemed Master En easily let go of everything, up to the very end. See, that is submitting to the laws of nature.

As for our commissioners, we have already lost quite a few. Although they left, we should talk about how many have returned. Their will to attain enlightenment is very strong. They remained at ease even in illness. Look at Jing-rong. She was in a coma. When I saw her I could not wake her up. The doctor said she might never wake up. I sat by her side and called to her, but she continued sleeping peacefully. A few days later, I visited her at the hospital, and she was awake and waiting for me. She smiled when she saw me and joyfully said, “Master, you’re so busy. Why are you here?”
I cheerfully patted her and said, “Today isn’t the only day I’ve been here. You ignored me when I came in a few days ago. You just kept sleeping.”
In jest she said, “Master, since you’re so busy, you don’t have time to sleep, so I slept for you.”
I said, “You should know…”
“Yes, I know if I go I should return quickly.”
“Yes, I’ll be waiting for you.”
It did not feel like talking about life and death.

Over the next day or two, all the volunteers from Hualien visited her. She saw each of them “Thank you all for being here.” After a while, she waved her hand and said goodbye, and then she died peacefully. So is death very painful? If you can be open-minded and let go, you will naturally be at peace. Although she was sick and her body was in pain, she knew how to adjust her mindset. So whenever someone visited her, they were comforted. Visiting her was like listening to Dharma. The manifestation of her illness let others know that with a body comes illness. Although she appeared ill, she was not suffering. She taught Dharma to others through her illness. She was peaceful and at ease. When her affinity ended, she simply waved goodbye. Her affinity here had ended. This means her affinity with another place has come to fruition. She left this place for another, and thus she will return. If we can understand these principles, death will not be painful.

Death is not painful. If we know to adjust our state of mind, be open-minded and let go, we will be at peace.

Death is not suffering. However, the Buddha still spoke about death to let us know that death is suffering, because most of us are ordinary people. The ancient said, "You should learn about everything except death." But I say, "You have to learn about everything, even death. Even if you do not learn anything else, you must learn about dying." We need to learn how to use the moments between life and death, and learn to face our last moment. This is a major life event so we must learn about it mindfully.

For an ordinary person, how many types of Suffering of Death are there? Two. One is dying from illness. When our body is sick and our life is at its end, it is time to die. The ancients said, "Death is destined even before birth." When we come to this world, how long do we live? When the time comes, it is the end of our life. So we should be peaceful. So we should be peaceful. When the time comes, we should remain at ease. We cannot estimate how long we will live.

I recently received a letter from a long-time hospital volunteer. She said, "Mrs. Chang, who is 105, wishes to go through training, here is her information." She is 105 years old. She took refuge and wanted to become my disciple which meant, she wanted to become a commissioner, and join Tzu Chi in benefiting others. The old woman had recently fallen and broken her leg. She was brought to our hospital and our highly skilled surgeons operated in time to reset her bones. After a few days, she was able to get up and walk. They told her she could leave, but she said no "I want to wait until Master Cheng Yen sees me."

She often thought about visiting me, but she never had the chance. This broken leg was her opportunity. Although she was in Hualien and close by, I was traveling at the time. She knew I would be back soon, so she said, "I have to wait until the Master gets back. I'll leave the hospital after I've seen him." So I visited her upon my return. She felt a thirty-year-long wish had been fulfilled. She said, "If you don't mind, I want to be your disciple."
"That's good!" I said.
In her hospital room I told her, "Write down your information and I will help you take refuge and give you a Dharma-name. Then you will be one of my disciples."
Those near me said, "To be her disciple, you have to be a commissioner, too."
She said, "Can I? Yes!"
It was settled with a word. Her daughter-in-law said, "I will join with my mother-in-law." So one commissioner turned into two. One day, someone actually brought me her application to undergo training. See, a 105-old is undergoing training. So age is not an issue. If her time is not up, and she makes a vow, she still has time to practice on the Bodhisattva-path.

The body is a vehicle for cultivation. Her life is long and she still has time. She is still smart and clear-headed. She can still use her body. The values of a life come from making the most of time. We die when our time is up; until then, we live. This is the first type of death; it is the laws of nature. Regardless of how long our life is, it comes to an end, which was determined before we arrived in the world.

The other type of death is “external conditions.” Earlier we talked about illness, now we will speak of external conditions. They are events like floods, fires, deadly falls, homicides, wars, etc. These deaths are not from illness, but because of accidents. We often ask, “will death arrive first, or will tomorrow?” Life is impermanent and sudden events can maim our bodies or and our lives.

Everyone should remember that on December 26, 2004, a tsunami centered in Indonesia hit 12 countries. These different countries shared the same disaster. Many people lost their lives to that tsunami. They were far away from one another, but died on the same day. After the tsunami, we mobilized volunteers from around the world. We hoped everyone would be vigilant. We wanted everyone to expand their view. No matter in which nation they lived, we wanted them to see how one event caused tremendous devastation in any different countries. I hope everyone would take the opportunity to become aware and attain a deep realization, then exhibit his or her pure enlightened Great Love.

We have seen the innate goodness in people. As long as someone can encourage and motivate them, Tzu Chi volunteers all over the world will assemble to raise funds. No matter how hot the sun, or how cold the snow they hold the donation boxes for fundraising. Fundraising with a donation box is a means of cultivation. We often speak of gratitude and impermanence. We must share the knowledge of this impermanent state with everyone. If people can share their love by donating a bit of money, we will bow in gratitude. This is a place where we cultivate gratitude. This is a live training ground where we can speak Dharma and touch others.

When these disasters occur, we can seize the moment as an opportunity for practice and teaching others. Life is impermanent. There is so much truth to learn just from the body. So when we are alive we must clearly recognize the Buddha’s teachings in how we see the world, our external environments and internal mindsets. We have to earnestly accept the teachings that are validated by our surroundings. We must cherish Buddha’s teachings and use them in our daily lives. Everyone, please always be mindful.
(Source: Da Ai TV 靜思晨語 法譬如水)
回頂端 向下

靜思晨語--20111214《法譬如水》八苦(四)
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: 靜思晨語 :: 靜思晨語--法譬如水-
前往: