Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

靜思晨語--20111215《法譬如水》八苦 (五)

向下 
發表人內容
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

文章總數 : 29096
年齡 : 70
來自 : 台中
威望 : 1661
注冊日期 : 2009-01-11

靜思晨語--20111215《法譬如水》八苦 (五)  Empty
發表主題: 靜思晨語--20111215《法譬如水》八苦 (五)    靜思晨語--20111215《法譬如水》八苦 (五)  Empty周四 12月 15, 2011 12:20 pm

回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20111215《法譬如水》八苦 (五)    靜思晨語--20111215《法譬如水》八苦 (五)  Empty周四 12月 15, 2011 4:58 pm

【證嚴上人開示】
我們前面說過,生老病死的苦,現在就和身有關係了,再來叫做「愛別離苦」。
凡夫就是心中有愛,這個愛就是執著的愛,所以有了執著的愛就非常痛苦。我們現在平時說的,就是人與人之間的愛,所以說:
常所親愛之人
乖違離散
不得共處
是名愛別離苦

的確,人與人之間若有執著的愛,要分離實在很辛苦,有的人為情而愛。情有很多種情:親情、友情、愛情、欲情。
假使有了執著,無論什麼情,都會使我們的心顛倒、憂煩,無法和我們平時的生活協調,那也是苦不堪言,所以叫做「愛別離苦」。
世間常常聽到的,男女的愛情,很奇怪,這種色欲之情,造成社會多少問題。
有一位青年,他就是和一位女孩認識,卿卿我我,無法分離。但是當兵時,兵單一來,日期一定,就開始擔心了,南北相隔遙遠,到底是她去看他,還是他去看她呢?
實在是還沒入伍之前,就已經難分難捨,果然日期到了,入伍不能不去,所以就去了。從開始入伍,很密集訓練時,不能離開兵營,卻跳牆離開,回來和這位女孩見面。
軍營開始找人了,打電話到他家:「才剛剛入伍而已,兩天而已!孩子呢?」不見了,媽媽也擔心,軍營也擔心,到底是軍營的責任?還是家庭的責任?不過,媽媽心裡有數,果然和女孩子約會。媽媽實在是很無奈,再勸他,這是軍法要趕緊回去,結果再回去軍營。
軍營因為他犯了軍紀,所以對他嚴格警告,但是心裡很不能適應,一直到不吃飯,這樣生活開始異常了。後來這個孩子就醫,什麼都沒有辦法,真的是異常了,經過半年後,軍營把他遣送回家。
從此開始,媽媽把這個孩子送醫等等,就沒有效,心神已經錯亂了,光只是認得那個他所愛的人;但是那個女孩子的父母,反對女孩再繼續和這位已經精神異常,就是反對。所以這位女孩也知道,這不是她終身能倚靠的,所以慢慢疏離了,連看都不來,所以這個孩子愈來病愈重。這是在很多年前,中部有一個心裡很難過的媽媽,來對我說的話。當時,一段時間在醫院,一段時間回去家裡,來來去去。媽媽說:「若回來家裡我心裡很擔心,萬一做了什麼事,就像家裡的一顆炸彈;若把他送去那裡,精神病院,我的經濟負擔又很重,要怎麼呢?」
那時我就跟她說:「可以提出申請,低收入的申請,單親的媽媽哪有辦法照顧一個,已成年,精神失常的孩子呢?」
「但是我有一棟房子,要怎麼辦?」
「你們就要去想辦法,提出陳情。」
不,沒辦法,社會局無法通過,記得當時這個個案,後來只有一個方法,請委員多關心這個家庭,是不是有辦法動之以情,把這個孩子喚醒?這那麼多年了,我還提出這個個案,真的是人心的顛倒。
愛,這是一種情愛,男女的欲愛,卻使一個有前途的孩子,變成心神顛倒,毀掉了他一生,這叫做愛別離苦。這種無法順情適意在一起,這叫做「乖違離散」;無法在一起,如此是苦不堪言!
人常為情所苦
親情、友情、愛情、欲情
有了執著的情愛
會讓心產生顛倒憂煩
一旦分離則苦不堪言

另外還有親情,剛才那是愛情,男女的色情,現在也有親情,說來,現在如果說親情,實在是很難得。但是佛在世時,則有一個這樣的個案:有一位很虔誠的優婆夷,就是在家的信徒,很虔誠,常常都去聽佛說法。
她只有一位獨子,兒子長得非常清秀,這個孩子很聽母親的話,親子的感情很好,很孝順,母親也很疼惜。
有一天他的母親,看到一個境界,這個境界好像是,惡鬼來拖她的孩子,那時她很著急,她呼叫出來,說:「我是佛陀的弟子,我信奉佛陀的教戒,我循規守矩,我守五戒,你怎麼能把我的兒子拖走呢?」
有一位鬼王就說:「妳是信佛,妳守五戒,但是妳的兒子,他有他的業力。」
她說:「我只是祈求,祈求無論如何,希望能留下我的兒子,我能對佛陀守規戒。」
鬼王就說:「好吧!因為妳如此虔誠聽從佛的教法,是正信的人,我現在放了妳的兒子,但是,這只是短暫的一時,再來就沒有這個因緣,除非這個孩子,同樣就是要入佛門,自己守規戒。」就這樣把手放鬆了。
此時這位母親忽然醒悟過來,在她腦海中,心靈的境界浮現出她的兒子,惡鬼強制要拉走,自認,我是一位佛教徒,所以她向鬼求情,鬼王也放個人情,他就說要這個兒子自己能守戒,要不然我是放過你短暫的一時,所以她一直回憶起這種,心靈浮現的境界。
所以她決心勸兒子出家,兒子也很聽母親的話,有時也會跟著母親去聽法,後來這位年輕人也說:「出家也好,人生無常,永遠都無法母子在一起,永遠都沒有不散的筵席。」
所以聽母親的勸,就隨佛出家了。
但是去出家時,心還是無法定下來,他的內心只有一樣,母親,一直想著家裡,人是出家了,但是心一直想家,因為母親很疼他,所以母子之情難割捨。
有一天他就離開團體回家了,母親看到兒子,怎麼遠遠的看到她的兒子,這出家的兒子怎麼回來了?心裡就很擔心。
當然,母親看到兒子應該歡喜,為什麼她看到兒子心裡擔心呢?母親的智慧,總是親近佛法,聽佛法已經很入心了,知道人生沒有永遠在一起的,早晚總是要分離,能送兒子健健康康、歡歡喜喜出家,能精進於道業,這對兒子才是永恆的解脫,所以她見到兒子的道心,無法很堅固,所以當母親的就擔心了。
等到她的兒子走近身邊,母親就開始一句話教訓他,她說:
邁世而出家
何為還聚落
燒舍急出財
豈還投火中
《雜阿含經》

意思就是,好不容易你能脫離世俗而出家,這是多麼不容易!為什麼你又回來呢?她用了一個比喻,比喻好像一間房子已經失火,著火了、燒起來了,好不容易才把裡面的財物,搶救出來,那間火舍裡火那麼炎熱,財物既然搶救出來了,為什麼還要進去呢?這是他母親的智慧。
沒有錯,要出家難道那麼容易嗎?能有這個環境,能正值佛在世時,能親自接受佛的教法,這是多麼不容易的事,就如人生這麼無常,因為他母親心靈的境界,還記憶猶存,如此短暫,既然能出家,這個身體好像一間房子,這間房子火一直燒起來了,好不容易能脫離,連寶物都帶出去了,為什麼要再進來呢?
這就是在形容生命不久常,出家守戒奉道才是永恆,為什麼又再回來呢?所以這位母親的智慧,呵責她的兒子,教訓她的兒子。這個出家的兒子,如何回答母親呢?
但念母年終
存亡不相見
故來還瞻視
何見子不歡
《雜阿含經》

他覺得很奇怪,平時母子之情這麼好,其實我的心裡只有母親而已,我很擔心母親年紀如果大了,一年一年老了,母親年齡如果大了,萬一生命無常,萬一母親往生了,如此生的人和死的人,就無法互相見面了,所以老是在擔心母親,萬一往生時無法見面,所以我趕快想要回來看母親,我專程回來,母親怎麼不歡喜呢?
母親就又對孩子說:「兒子啊!你已經出家了,出家忘家,辭親割愛,各人一條生死路,你現在還年輕,難得佛法,難值佛世,既然因緣這麼好,你已經得到了,你應該要好好守住你的道心,出家要忘家,要割愛,你才能專心奉道。」
青年比丘聽到母親,再一場的敎子訓示,之後,這位年輕的出家人,終於能體悟到母親的用心,他也知道母親要割捨孩子,心裡也是很難過。為了要成就道業,母親自己本身也要割愛。
他能體悟母親這念心,所以他覺悟了,不必再母子互相牽連不斷,所以他悟出了人生,總有一天還是要分離,他決心再回去僧團裡,從此開始非常精進。
總是年輕,心已經收攝了,專心聞法,身體力行去體悟道理,這位年輕人也已經覺悟,而且得初果羅漢。
這是一段佛在世時,優婆夷,就是在家的女居士,她接受佛法之後的正信。
諸位,學佛就是一念心,心的境界必定要互相協調,所以請大家時時要多用心!
回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20111215《法譬如水》八苦 (五)    靜思晨語--20111215《法譬如水》八苦 (五)  Empty周三 12月 21, 2011 8:12 pm

Lecturer: Master Zheng-Yan
Subject: The Eight Sufferings Part 5(八苦五)

Earlier we spoke about the suffering of the body through birth, aging, illness and death. Next is the Suffering of Parting with What We Love.

Most people have love in their hearts. Because they cling to love, they suffer deeply. We are speaking of the love between people. It is said, “We are often unpleasantly separated from those whom we love, and are not reunited. This is Suffering of Parting with What We Love.”

Truly, if people are attached to their love, parting is very painful. For some people, love arises out of affection. There are many types of affection, familial, friendly, loving, and lustful. If we become attached to any type of affection, then our mind becomes confused and afflicted, and cannot adjust to our daily lives, so we suffer inexpressibly. That is the Suffering of Parting with What We Love. We often hear strange stories of love between men and women. Lust and craving cause many problems in society.

There was a young man who met a woman. They were passionate and inseparable, but then it came time for his military service. The couple began to worry about being so far apart. Would she be able to visit him? Would he visit her? It was hard for them even before he left. Then the day finally arrived, and he had to report to duty. During the intensive training, he was not supposed to leave camp, but he hopped over a wall so he could see her. The army began looking for him, so they called his house. “He was only in training for two days, where is he? He has disappeared.” His mother was worried, and the army was worried. Should the army be held responsible or should his family? His mother figured out he was on a date with his girlfriend. Feeling helpless, she said, “These are the army’s rules, you must hurry back!” So he went back to the base. Because he violated the rules, he received a strict warning. But he still could not adjust, and he stopped eating. He started living very abnormally. The army sent him to doctors but to no avail. It was truly abnormal. So after six months, the military sent him home.

At this point, the mother also began sending him to doctors. Still nothing worked. His minds was in a state of confusion. The only one he recognized was the woman he loved. But her parents opposed the relationship. They were against her continued relationship with this disturbed man. She knew this was not someone she could depend on for the rest of her life, so she began to distance herself and stopped visiting him. His illness became even more severe. His mother was heartbroken when she told me the story many years ago. He went back and forth between staying at home and at the hospital. She said, “When he’s at home I always worry. I’m afraid of doing something to set him off. But sending him to the mental hospital is a great financial burden. What should I do?”
So I told her, “You should apply for low-income assistance. How can a single mother care for a mentally-ill adult son?”
“But I own a house, what should I do? You have to find a way to appeal.” Unfortunately, her request was not approved. I remember there was only one thing we could do, so we asked commissioners to care for this family, to see if they could find away to help the boy. It has been many years since then, but this case shows how a mind can truly become confused. Love is a type of affection. The lust between men and women caused this young man with a future to become confused; it destroyed his life. This is the Suffering of Parting with What We Love. If we cannot stay together as we hope, we are “unpleasantly separated.” If we cannot be together, we suffer deeply.

Affection causes people to suffer. When one clings to desire arising from familial, friendly, loving, or lustful affection, confusion and afflictions emerge in the mind. When it is time to part, the suffering is indescribable.

There is also familial affection. We spoke of love and lust between men and women. Now we will discuss familial affection. Nowadays, it is truly rare. In the Buddha’s time, there was a devout Upasika, a lay practitioner, who often listened to the Buddha speak the Dharma. She had one son who had very delicate features. He was obedient and dutiful, and they had a great relationship. His mother adored him. One day she saw a vision of evil ghosts coming to drag her son away. She was worried and screamed, “I’m a disciple of the Buddha. I believe and follow His teachings. I obey His rules and precepts. How can you carry my son away?”
The Ghost King said, “You believe in the Buddha and uphold precepts, but your son has his own karma.”
She said, "I just ask that, no matter what, you leave my son here. I will obey the Buddha."
So the Ghost King said, "Alright, because you devoutly obey the Buddha's teachings and have Right Faith, I will let him go. But this is temporary. I won't give him this chance again unless he follows the Buddha and upholds the precepts, too." Then he relaxed his grip and the mother suddenly woke up.

In her mind, she kept replaying the sight of the evil ghosts wanting to drag her son away. She believed, "I'm a disciple of the Buddha." So she asked the Ghost King for mercy, and he did her a favor. He said her son had to uphold the precepts, but that this was a temporary reprieve. She kept replaying this vision in her mind, and she advised her son to leave the lay life. Her son was quite obedient, and sometimes listened to the Dharma with her. So he said, "Leaving lay life is good. Life is impermanent. We cannot be together forever. Parting is inevitable." So he took her advice and left home to join the Buddha's monastic order.

Though he left the lay life, he could not calm his mind. He only thought of his mother. Although he had left his lay life and become a monastic, he kept thinking about home because his mother really adored him. It was very hard to sever that mother-son link. One day he left the other monks and went home. His mother saw him from far away and wondered, "My son left home, why is he back?" She became worried. When a mother sees her son, she should be happy, so why was she worried? Her wisdom closely followed the Buddha-Dharma. She had internalized the Dharma, so she knew people could not stay together forever. Parting is inevitable. She had happily sent him off to begin his diligent practice to attain eternal liberation, but when she saw that his will to practice could not remain firm, she became worried.

When her son came close, she scolded him. She said, "You became a monk to transcend the world, so why have you returned? When wealth has been saved from a house on fire, why do you throw it back into the fire?" What she meant was, it was so hard for him to leave home to be a monk, so why did he come back? She used the analogy of standing outside a burning house. With great difficulty, he had managed to save everything while the fire was still going strong. Since he had saved everything, why would he go back in? This was his mother’s wisdom. She was right. Is becoming a monastic that easy? It was a true blessing to live when the Buddha was alive and to personally receive His teachings. Life is impermanent. His mother remembered her spiritual encounter. She had advised her son to leave the lay life. The body is like a house. The house is on fire, yet he was able to escape with great difficulty. He had even brought the valuables with him. So why would he go back in? This describes how life does not last long. Being monastic, upholding precepts and practicing is ever-lasting, so why did he come back? So in her wisdom, she scolded him and taught him a lesson.

How did her son respond? He said, “I thought that if my mother dies, I will never see her again, so I came back to see you. Why aren’t you happy to see your son?” He thought it was strange. They used to have a great relationship. She was the only thing on his mind. As she was getting older, he was worried that she might die one day. If she died, he would no longer be able to see her. He was constantly worried, so he rushed back to see her. How could she be unhappy?

His mother told him, “My son, you have left home to be a monk. You must forger your family and cut family ties. We will walk our separate paths. You’re still young, and the Buddha-Dharma is precious. Meeting the Buddha is rare, yet you have such a great opportunity to do so. You must maintain your will to practice. Leave, and forger this home. Cut off your love in order to focus on your practice.”

The young monk listened to his mother’s advice, and finally understood his mother’s devotion. He also knew it was difficult for a mother to cut off her own son. His mother let go for the sake of his cultivation. He understood her intentions, and so he became enlightened and they were no longer entangled. He knew that there would always come a day when they would have to part, so he returned to the monastic community and became more diligent. He was young, so he tamed his mind, and focused on listening to Dharma and putting it into practice. This young man was enlightened. He attained the initial stage of an Arhat.

This was a story of an Upasika, a female lay practitioner in Buddha’s time, and her Right Beliefs after learning His Dharma.
Everyone, learning Buddha-Dharma is a mindset, so we have to constantly adjust our minds. Everyone, please always be mindful.
(Source: Da Ai TV 靜思晨語 法譬如水)
回頂端 向下

靜思晨語--20111215《法譬如水》八苦 (五)
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: 靜思晨語 :: 靜思晨語--法譬如水-
前往: