Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

靜思晨語--20111226《法譬如水》九惱 (四)

向下 
發表人內容
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

文章總數 : 29096
年齡 : 70
來自 : 台中
威望 : 1661
注冊日期 : 2009-01-11

靜思晨語--20111226《法譬如水》九惱 (四)  Empty
發表主題: 靜思晨語--20111226《法譬如水》九惱 (四)    靜思晨語--20111226《法譬如水》九惱 (四)  Empty周一 12月 26, 2011 11:00 am

月亮 在 周六 8月 13, 2022 6:59 pm 作了第 1 次修改
回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20111226《法譬如水》九惱 (四)    靜思晨語--20111226《法譬如水》九惱 (四)  Empty周一 12月 26, 2011 2:21 pm

【證嚴上人開示】
人生真正有幾度春?所以得意時,就像在春天;生命在成長時,也是人生的春天。到底人生有幾度春?
慈濟人文檀施會,出了一本書,頭一篇就是買一碗白飯,「老闆,我向你買一碗白飯。」裡面的故事就是說,在大臺北市,很繁華的都市。在幾十年前開始,臺北經濟一直發展起來,市容要整頓之前,那時是舊市區時,有一個路邊攤,就是到了差不多黃昏時,路邊攤就開始動起來了。
有一天突然間一位年輕人,就來對老闆說:「不好意思,老闆,我只要一碗飯就好,我向你買一碗飯。可以嗎?」老闆做生意,一碗飯也是要很歡喜賣,所以老闆、老闆娘,一樣以很溫馨的態度,把這碗飯裝好給他。
這位年輕人捧著這碗飯時,要出來,看到客人用過餐的桌上,還有剩下的湯,他又回頭對那位老闆說:「老闆,人家剩下來的湯,我能夠淋在我的飯上面嗎?」老闆娘就趕快回答:「可以啊!可以。」他就把剩下來的湯,淋在自己的飯上面,這樣他就回去了。
隔天同樣這個時候,年輕人又來了,同樣買一碗白飯。老闆自己就說:「要個湯嗎?」「很感恩。」就給他一點湯。同樣,隔天都是一樣,從此開始,這位年輕人差不多到這個時間,就會來買一碗白飯。
從此開始,四年的時間過去了。因為他每天來,有時老闆在飯裡,知道時間快到了,他要來了,就幫他準備好,這碗飯裡面,有時幫他放個滷蛋,有時就放些菜。
這樣經過四年,所以要畢業之前,這位大學生,就來跟老闆、老闆娘說:「感恩,四年的時間讓你很照顧。無論我將來做什麼工作,我絕對會記住你的恩情。」
經過幾年,這件事在這對夫妻心中,已經慢慢淡忘掉了,但是大台北大都會區,市容不斷、不斷路要拓寬,所以舊的社區一直在拆。不只是路要拓寬,再來,公園綠地也要有,所以這個路邊攤,集市的地方也要拆除。
不過,這位老闆他很擔心,在這幾十年時,在這裡生活,家庭教育、孩子等等,大兒子已經在美國,小兒子還在讀大學,這個地方如果取消拆掉了,要怎麼辦呢?很擔心。
有一天他們在整理時,忽然間一位西裝筆挺的人,就來問:「請問你是不是老闆?」
「是的,有什麼事嗎?你是誰?」
他就把名片拿出來給他,就是一家很大的企業,大公司總經理的助理。他說:「是我們總經理要我來告訴你,知道這個地方要拆了,我們公司的員工很多,大家為了吃飯很傷腦筋,想想我們的公司,需要一家自助餐,所以想要請你們去我們公司,開一家自助餐。」
這位老闆、老闆娘就很高興,覺得怎麼突然有這麼大的公司,要我去他們那裡開自助餐?心中也很懷疑,老闆、老闆娘,總是要到那家大公司,去見這位總經理。
結果去的時候,那位助理和總經理,站在門口等候他們,很有禮數地鞠躬,迎接他們進去。那時他覺得怎麼這麼面熟?所以他就和他打招呼。
這位總經理就說:「老闆,你不認得我了嗎?」
「我覺得很面熟。」倒是他的太太認出來了。
這位助理就趕緊對他說:「我跟你說,我說的總經理就是這位,他知道,知道你的事。」就這樣,這位路邊攤老闆,變成在這家大公司裡面,自助餐的老闆。
所以人生到底有幾度春光呢?所以人生幾度春,立志要守真。像這位如此成功,某大公司的總經理,他那時也貧困過,不過,他守志、他守真,所以他認真唸書,刻苦耐勞度過了。雖然每天、每天都是兩碗飯,雖然拿錢去買,不過,老闆不傷他的自尊心,飯裡面藏著菜,所以他自己知道,他是受幫助的。他永遠永遠要銘刻於心,要常常記住這分恩情,所以這才是真正,及時回報的時候。
身處貧困年輕人
立志守志守真
恩情永銘於心
適當時機及時回報

但是另外一邊,雖然是施予、布施,他也不覺得是怎樣布施,那是很隨順,有這樣的年輕人,及時發揮愛心,這也是很平常,本來付出就是無所求。
各位,我們在日常生活中,人與人之間就是要互相幫助,常常起歡喜心去幫助人,雖然沒有想要有什麼所求,但是如是因,得到的就是如是果報。
所以從因緣觀,因為他有這分愛的因,很隨意地付出,卻得到那分回報,愛的果,所以因緣果報,在這一生馬上得到了,所以人生真的是很奧妙。
所謂因緣果報
如是因如是果
種下善的因
即能回報愛的果
九惱之四
食馬麥
又在毗蘭邑
三月食馬麥
國師梵志請
此是何因緣
《佛說興起行經)

但是佛陀的時代,佛陀的因果觀,這幾天一直對大家說「因果觀」,佛雖然是成佛了,有一段時間,他帶著比丘在遊化時,剛好到了毘蘭邑那個地區,在那裡他要傳道說法教化。
但是到了那裡,也是需要過著托缽的日子,但是來到這裡,那個地方的人,人人都不肯布施,所以佛陀決心,要在這裡感化這些人。
所以在這個地方過的是什麼日子呢?就是去馬廄,去撿馬所吃的東西,所以食馬麥、麥子,有多久的時間?九十天的時間。這到底是什麼因緣,佛陀在那裡被困住,三個月的時間?
佛陀就說了,這也是過去的因,餘業未盡,就是還有殘報在現在。那是什麼樣的業呢?開始說過去的故事了。
佛說他過去時,很在長遠的時代,有一尊佛,名為比婆葉,這位比婆葉如來,他同樣帶著一群比丘,在教化人間。正好在遊化期間,就來到槃頭摩跋那座城中。這座城的城主,那時是稱為王,他是一位很敬重佛法的人,所以這位槃頭王,他知道佛帶著比丘,來到他的城市時,起了歡喜心,就親自去邀請佛和比丘,能入他的宮中受供。
佛陀歡喜就默許。這位城主就認為佛已經答應了,所以回去皇宮時,就辦得很豐富,準備供佛及僧。
這在之間,是非常有誠意,不只是很豐富,而且環境也整理得很美,用香水洗地,還點了香,這是表示至高無上的供敬。佛和僧、比丘都到了,對佛陀以禮供養,之後,當然是佛要為城主說法。
然後吃飽了,就要回去了。後來要回去之前,就說還有比丘病了不能來,向這位城主,再討了一份飯要回去。也是一樣,很誠意準備很好的飯菜,就這樣由比丘代替生病的比丘,帶飯回去。
這個之間,那座城中有一群婆羅門,婆羅門教一樣有修行者,五百位的童子,都是年輕人,跟著這位婆羅門修行。這位婆羅門教授,等於是一位老師,看到佛陀帶著這大一群比丘,受到國王如此禮遇,而且準備得那麼豐富來供養,要回去還帶著,這麼好的東西回去,他的內心起了嫉妒。
所以口出惡言,甚至向他的這些門生,也就是婆羅門教這些年輕人,就這樣告訴他們:「像這樣一大群人,他們是沒有資格,吃那麼好的東西,他們要吃的東西,應該是吃馬吃剩下的那種馬麥。」
甚至又向這些童子,就是年輕人,對年輕人他就說:「將來你們的家庭也是一樣,對這些人都不要,給他們這麼好的東西,要給他們就以最粗的食物,很粗的東西給他們。」
所以,這就是在過去無數劫之前,佛陀所經歷過的。他經歷過的那個人是誰?就是那位婆羅門。那位婆羅門他在無數劫前,也曾有修行,但是,是修婆羅門法,在修婆羅門法之間,他的心就是尚未解脫,所以還有無明,還有嫉妒的心。看到當時的佛所帶的比丘,他的心沒有起歡喜心,他的內心只有嫉妒的心。
所以佛陀就說,大家知道嗎?當時那位婆羅門者,就是現在的我。我過去生有這樣的經歷,那五百位童子,就是現在在我身邊,這五百位羅漢。因為那時大家起了這分心,聽了老師的話,所以共做同業,同樣造了這分業。
所以現在才會跟著我,來到這座城中,大家一起出去托缽,每一個家庭都不肯布施。你們與我同業,就是因為過去生,在這之間所造的因,所以現在才會得到這個果。所以我們現在在這裡,吃這種東西,受這種困難,這雖然說我已經成佛了,你們也修行修得很好,但是這果報,還是一樣要歡喜接受。
所以我這叫做殘報,剩下來的報應,也是一樣是餘帳,就是剩下來的報應。這是佛陀在毘蘭邑這個城市,被困九十天,沒有東西吃,受人輕視,無法得到人供養。
各位,因果可怕。有的人是今生此世,就馬上能得到,像那位大學生和麵攤的老闆,他們今生此世,布施一分歡喜,不求回報;但是另外一位是認真唸書,不受那個時代,繁華的環境所誘引,他認真唸書,總是有得意風光的時候。
所以這也是一種自己本身,我常常說一句話:「守志奉道,其道甚大。」我們學佛也是一樣,我們要好好用功,照顧好我們的心。我們的心在日常生活中,人事物等等的境界,就要好好照顧好我們這念心!
回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20111226《法譬如水》九惱 (四)    靜思晨語--20111226《法譬如水》九惱 (四)  Empty周五 12月 30, 2011 12:12 pm

Lecturer: Master Zheng-Yan
Subject: The Nine Ordeals Part 1(九惱四)

How many times in life do we experience spring? When things go as we wish, it is like spring. When we are growing up, it is the springtime of life. But how many springtimes do we experience?

In a book published by Tzu Chi, there is a story about a bowl of white rice. The story takes place in the vibrant city of Taipei. Several decades ago, before the development of Taipei’s economy and the reorganization of the city, it was an old city. There was a street vendor whose business would pick up every day around duck. One day, a young man appeared and told the vendor, “I’m sorry, sir, all I need is a bowl of rice. Can I just buy a bowl of rice?” The vendor was happy to do business, even if it was only rice. So the vendor and his wife scooped up a bowl of rice for him. Before leaving with the rice, the man saw someone’s leftover soup on a table. So he asked the vendor, “Sir, can I pour this leftover soup over my rice?” The vendor’s wife said, “Yes, sure!” So he poured the leftover soup over his rice, and then he left.

At the same time on the next day, the young student came again and bought another bowl of rice. The vendor asked, “Do you want some soup with it?” “Yes, please.” So he gave the young man some soup as well. The same thing happened the following day. From then on, the young man would come around at the same time to buy a bowl of rice.

Four years passed. Every day, around the same time, the vendor would prepare this student’s food. Sometimes he would add an egg, or vegetables to the bowl of rice. Four years passed like this. Before graduation, the student said to the vendor and his wife, “I’m grateful for what you’ve done over the last four years. Whatever I do in the future, I will always remember your kindness.”

After a few years, the couple gradually forgot about the young man. As the greater Taipei metropolitan area continued to develop, roads were widened and the old neighborhoods were demolished. Besides widening the roads, the city also planned to build parks. The busy area where this vendor worked was to be torn down. The vendor was very worried. Over the last few decades, they had made a living and raised their family there. Their eldest son was in the U.S., and their younger son was still in college. Without this place, what would they do? It was distressing.

One day, while they were setting up their booth, a man in a suit came and asked, “Are you the owner?”
“Yes, can I help you? Who are you?”
So the man took out his business card. He worked for a major corporation, and was the assistant of the general manager. He said, “Our manager asked me to talk to you. He knows this place is going to be torn down. There are many employees in our company, and we always have to worry about what to eat. Since our company needs a cafeteria, we would like for you to come and open a buffet.” The vendor and his wife were very happy, but they were suspicious of such a huge company wanting them to open a cafeteria. Later, the couple decided that they needed to go to the office building to meet with the manager.

When they arrived, the assistant and the manager were waiting for them at the entrance. They bowed politely and invited them in. The vendor thought the manager looked familiar. The manager greeted him and said, “Sir, don’t you recognize me?”
“I thought you looked familiar.” The vendor’s wife then recognized him.
The assistant quickly told them, “This is the manager I spoke of. He was the one who knew about you.” And just like that, this roadside vendor became the owner of the cafeteria for this large company.

So how many spring times do we really have? We must remain true to our resolve, just like the successful manager of this major company. He was once poor, but he kept his resolve and stayed true. He studied, worked hard, and endured hardships. The young man paid for two bowls of rice each day. The vendor, not wanting to hurt the young man’s self-esteem, slipped extra food into the rice. The young man remembered the help he had received. He forever etched the memory in his heart, and often remembered their kindness. He found the right time to return the favor.

A poor young man kept his resolve and stayed true. Forever etching kindness in his heart. He found the right time to repay the kindness.

On their side, although they had given to him, they did not see it as charity. It just happened naturally. They young man needed help, so the vendor showed kindness. It was natural for him. Giving should be done without expectations. Everyone, in our daily lives, we should help each other. If we can joyfully help others without asking for anything in return, it will create a cause, and a reward will follow.

That is the concept of cause and effect. With a seed born of love and unconditional giving, they received repayment, the fruition of love. The karmic retribution manifested in this lifetime. Life is truly wondrous.

The Karmic Law of Cause and Effect: As are the causes, so are the effects. When a virtuous seed is planted, there will be fruition of love in return.
The fourth Ordeal: Horse fodder as food. At the City of Viran, the Buddha ate horse fodder for three months. A Brahmacarin, the king’s teacher, asked about the causes that led to this. “The Sutra on Causes and Conditions
.”

Buddha’s personal stories on the Law of Cause and Effect have been my topics for the past few days. The Law of Cause and Effect still affected the Buddha even after He had attained Buddhahood. Once, He took a group of bhiksus on His travels. He had just arrived in the area around Viran and wanted to teach and spread the Dharma there. When they arrived, they needed to beg for alms. However, no one there was willing to give, so the Buddha decided to stay and transform these people. What kind of life did the Buddha and the monks lead here? They had to go to the stables to eat the leftover oats, the horse feed. For how long? Ninety days. What causes and conditions had trapped them there for three months? The Buddha said, “This is because of unexhausted karma from causes created in the past.”

What kind of karma? He started telling a story from His past. A long time ago, there was a Buddha named Bipoye. Bipoye Tathagata also led a group of monks to educate and transform others. During their travels, they came to Pandumava City. The ruler of this city, a king, had great respect for the Buddha-Dharma. So when King Pandu learned that Bipoye Buddha and His monks came to his city, he was happy. He invited Bipoye Buddha and the monks to his palace to receive offerings. Bipoye Buddha happily and tacitly agreed. When Bipoye Buddha accepted, the king returned to his palace and prepared an abundant feast as an offering to Bipoye Buddha and His monks. He did this with great sincerity. Not only was the feast abundant, the decorations were also beautiful. They washed the floor with perfumed water and lit incense to demonstrate their utmost respect.

When Bipoye Buddha and the monks arrived, everyone made offerings with propriety. Bipoye Buddha then spoke the Dharma for the king. After the meal, before they left, they said there was an ill monk who could not come, so they asked the king for some food to take back with them. The king sincerely prepared some extra food for the sick monk.

During this time, there was a group of Brahman practitioners, about 500 youths who followed and practiced with a Brahman professor. The professor saw how well Bipoye Buddha and His monks were treated by the king, and how abundant the king’s offering was. Seeing them bring back such great food, the professor was jealous and began to speak evil of them. He said to his disciples, the youths that followed the Brahmin path, “These people do not deserve to eat such great food. They only deserve to eat leftover horse feed.” He also said, “In the future, you and your families should not give them anything good at all, give them only the most unrefined food.” This happened innumerable Kalpas ago.

The Buddha was that Brahman professor. Innumerable Kalpas ago, he was a Brahman cultivator whose mind was unenlightened, so he still had ignorance and envy. When he saw Bipoye Buddha and His monks, he was not joyful, he was jealous. The Buddha said, “Do you know? I was that Brahman practitioners. This happened in one of my past lives. Those 500 youths are the 500 Arhats who accompany me now. Because everyone heard my words and had the same thoughts, together we created this karma. That is why you have followed me to this city, and why no one was willing to give alms when we begged. You and I share this karma. The cause originated from what we did in our past lives, and this is our retribution. So now we are eating horse feed and facing these difficulties. Although I’ve attained Buddhahood and your spiritual cultivation is going well, we must still joyful accept this retribution.” This remnant of karma is an unpaid debt. That is why the Buddha was trapped for 90 days in Viran without food, disparaged, and unable to get offerings.

Everyone, cause and effect is distressing. Sometimes retribution happens in this life, like the college student and the food vendor. In this lifetime, the vendor joyfully gave without asking for anything in return and the young man studied hard, not tempted by the extravagant surroundings. The student’s hard work was rewarded by later success. It took self-control and discipline. I often say, “abide by your resolve, follow the Way, and your Path will be wide.” Learning Buddha-Dharma is the same. We must really study hard and take care of our minds. In our daily live, facing various conditions, people and matters, we must take careful our minds.
(Source: Da Ai TV 靜思晨語 法譬如水)
回頂端 向下

靜思晨語--20111226《法譬如水》九惱 (四)
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: 靜思晨語 :: 靜思晨語--法譬如水-
前往: