Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

靜思晨語--20120110《法譬如水》九結 (四)

向下 
發表人內容
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

文章總數 : 29096
年齡 : 70
來自 : 台中
威望 : 1661
注冊日期 : 2009-01-11

靜思晨語--20120110《法譬如水》九結 (四)  Empty
發表主題: 靜思晨語--20120110《法譬如水》九結 (四)    靜思晨語--20120110《法譬如水》九結 (四)  Empty周二 1月 10, 2012 2:21 pm

回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20120110《法譬如水》九結 (四)    靜思晨語--20120110《法譬如水》九結 (四)  Empty周二 1月 10, 2012 9:18 pm

【證嚴上人開示】
學佛沒有其他的方法,就是心要堅、志要大,我們若能有堅切的心,我們立志能夠宏願大,這樣才是真學佛者。
不過,心要如何真?凡夫往往都會受無明影響我們。凡夫在順境時,貪戀愛,這就是在順境中的凡夫;一旦有什麼事情發生,開始無明發作,就是傷己不利人。這樣的事,現代社會比比皆是。
所以這叫做凡夫的境界,順境時就迷了,逆境的時候,就做了很多不對的事情。這叫做無明。
謂諸眾生為無明所覆
於苦法、集法
不能解了
廣行不善
由此遂招未來生死之苦
流轉三界不能出離
是名無明結

所以,因為無明,把我們的心打結了,讓我們的心,無法走出一條很直的大道。所以佛陀這麼告訴我們:「諸眾生為無明所覆。」就是無明,這樣一層一層再一層,不斷把我們蓋住,所以令我們的心打不開,一條路鋪不直;所以都是這樣,使我們「苦法來集」,在這個苦法,苦的法,什麼叫做苦法?苦法就是剛才說過的,當我們很順時,我們就是這樣一直貪戀下去,欲念沒有止境。
欲愛很傷人的心,你們在當志工,每天在醫院這麼看、這麼聽,有的還年紀輕輕的,受了很重的傷,為什麼會受那麼重的傷?有的是工作意外;但是有的是對立相殺;有的是無明起,自傷自己。
我們再看他們,陪伴在旁邊的家屬,有的人對這個患者,已經心灰意冷了,不太想理他;有的是被愛索纏縛住,看不開,或是比那個受傷者更受傷。這都是愛與怨互相纏縛,這種社會,走入醫院,各種不同的人生背景,實在是很多。
所以常常對志工說,醫院是一個道場,你能夠見苦知諦。看到這麼多、這麼多苦難人。我們用心去體會,我們能夠深入他們的生命中,那種無明糾纏。我們跳脫出來時,我們為他想想,唉!怎麼那麼傻?那時候為什麼要這樣對立相殺?這個孩子為什麼要去吸毒?這個年輕人,酒為什麼要喝那麼多?為什麼車要飆得那麼快?很多事,看到很多形形色色,家屬心靈的病痛,或是哀怨,或是病人在生命中掙扎,那種身體受創的痛苦。
我們看了那麼多之後,旁觀者清!就是因為我們投入,他們的生命中,我們能很快又跳脫出來,我們就了解,人生原來是這樣。所以這種入苦去解諦、去了解真理。諦,就是道理;從苦中去了解道理。
所以佛陀說:「於苦法、集法不能解了。」這都是凡夫的無明。已經在苦中,他不知道這樣是苦,還是又不斷造業。
你看,對立和對立者,絕不罷休,絕對你也不讓我,我也不讓你,所以公堂對簿,這樣告來告去,花了很多錢,虧空很多家財,但是,還是一樣互相不肯讓。這麼多苦的道讓我們看到,但是凡夫在自己的身上,自己的境界中,都是看不到,看不到這種人我是非,因為他在是非中。
他在是非中,他無法解脫,所以因為這樣,就「廣行不善」,不善的事就愈做愈多,口業愈造愈多,身行愈做愈不對,這就叫做「廣行不善」。
凡夫因為無明
無法透徹人生是苦
所以不斷造業
若能從苦中體悟道理
就能見苦知福、惜福、再造福

常常說一句話:「方向只是差毫釐。」毫釐的方向差錯了,就一直去、一直去,就差千里了。你看圓規,我們只要稍稍偏一點,開始畫過去,那就很離譜了,就差很多了。所以我們的心一定要守好,這念真若沒有守好,妄念一起,無明造作,就廣行不善,苦不堪言。
所以我們要知道三世六道,這樣在輪轉,永遠都沒有出離的機會。過去、現在、未來,在六道裡面輪迴。
多少人都這麼說:「修行。做人辛苦,所以我要去修行。」
「修行要做什麼?」
「看能不能不要再來做人。」
不來做人很簡單,做一些壞事,地獄、餓鬼、畜生就去了,就不會來做人了。若不來做人,也不要去三途,要去那裡呢?布施!造一些福,這樣能上天堂。上天堂是永遠的嗎?沒有!福若享盡,還是要下墮,因為他只是造福而已,還沒有見諦,還沒有看到真的道理,所以造福所求的就是求得福,布施就是求福,布施當然是得福。
不過,就只是福而已,還是缺慧。我們若是智慧沒有啟發出來,有朝一日同樣福盡。無明,我們還是和人糾結,冤冤相報,還是同樣,業會找來。所以我們應該要知道,智慧比福更重要。
但是有智慧而無福,人生也是苦,我們要行善也難。所以人云:「貧窮布施難。」不過,我們要福慧雙具,我們能夠去付出,同時我們要運用智慧。所以我們要如何保持著,我們的智慧?和我們日常生活、待人接物都能平行。
所以要如何除去內心的無明?我們要知道就是業,我們這個「惑」的業。惑?什麼叫做惑?不明白道理叫做惑。這個惑就是逆溯,就是過去我們一念無明起,所以使得我們現在的心很迷惑,十分迷惑:「你在說什麼,我聽不懂?你為什麼要這麼做,我不了解?」這叫做迷惑。
所以這麼多的無法了解,就是起自無明這念心。所以無明很可怕!不過,我們一定要如何把人的無明去除?同樣要在人事物中。
不明白道理叫做「惑」
一切的惑皆起於無明
無明不消除
惑業就會一直造
在板橋一位梁居士和他的同修,在好幾年前,發生了一件讓他心痛,應該說是心撕碎,那種痛澈心髓的事,發生在他的家庭。
他的兒子,是一個很乖的孩子,有一天發生了車禍,要去上學途中,車禍了,非常嚴重,送到醫院回天乏術了,孩子往生。但是那時候,他們已經開始當會員,委員已經帶得很好,所以很常接觸到我們慈濟,也接觸到師父的理念。
所以在那段時間,他也知道,心痛歸心痛。師父去台北時,夫妻就一起來,說到他們那種心情,不過,看他們已經平靜下來了。什麼方法讓他平靜的?
太太就說:「師父,那時我聽到《靜思語》,就是說,緣若盡了,要祝福他;不要一個風箏破了,繩子還把他拉住,就無法超生了,他就走不掉。」所以雖然是心痛,我若想到這句話,我就虔誠為他念佛。
先生就說:「老實說要放下很困難,也跟太太說,我們既然也了解,我們已經進入慈濟,既然我們知道這樣的道理,他如果來向我們道歉,這樣我們就原諒他。」
只是要他來道個歉,就原諒他,偏偏對方就是不肯來道歉,實在很氣,所以那時候無明又起了。所以他就說:「好,你不來,我就送你一桶汽油。」準備好,就要去行動了,出來到外面的客廳,看到師父的相,高高掛在他的牆上,他突然間好像心門打開了。師父在看我。所以趕緊頂禮懺悔,不應該有這種心生起。所以這樣寬心放下來,心門開了,無明的結解了,從此開始走出悲情,投入了覺有情。
所以坐在家裡,悲、怨、恨,愈會使我們的無明產生,所以從那天開始,夫妻非常發心精進,走入菩薩道中。兩個人都受證了,甚至四大志業、八大腳印,他們步步踏實。所以他說:「走出悲情,投入覺有情。」他說從《靜思語》中,得到一句話:「不要拿別人的錯誤來懲罰自己。」所以不要用別人的錯,來造成自己的錯。所以心念一轉,你看,變成在菩薩道中,守真奉道的人,乃是最善的道路,甚至用很大的愛心,走在這條菩薩道上。所以說來只是一念。
《四十二章經》中,還有一句話和大家分享:
佛言
夫見道者
譬如持炬入冥室中
其冥即滅
而明獨存
《四十二章經》

佛陀說,見道者,我們若是見道,譬如持炬入冥室中,其冥即滅,而明獨存。意思就是說,他說,我們人如果見道,對道我們已經了解,我們見道的人,就像我們拿了一支火炬,火把一樣,這支火把,我們進入暗室中,暗室很暗,這支火把進入到裡面,暗冥,冥就是冥冥,就是暗,暗就滅掉了。
「而明獨存」,就是光明,這間暗室黑暗不見了,光明存在這間暗室中。這就是見道者,他的心常常很清楚,沒有迷惑,不會想:「你在做什麼,我怎麼都看不懂?你在說什麼,我怎麼聽不懂?」事理分得清楚,就是見道者。要不然我們的心常常很黑暗,那麼黑暗的心,我們會踢到鐵板。所以,心要明。
佛言
學道見諦
無明即滅
而明常存矣
《四十二章經》

所以佛陀說:「學道見諦,無明即滅。」
我們學道,若是能見到真理,無明就滅了,「而明常存」,十分光明明朗的東西,就常常在我們周圍生活中。所以我們要知道,無明能夠滅掉,不是說我本來就是這樣,愛發脾氣是我的本性。本性不是愛發脾氣,是習性!所以我們應該知道,無明能夠滅。
我們也要知道,這個見真,我們若能見到真道,我們的心能夠常常很明朗,所以可以除滅很多的無明,甚至我們前天說過的增上慢,也能除滅。所以道理明朗,我們的人生就沒有錯誤,所以我們大家要多用心。道理,就像在暗室裡,點起一盞燈火,這麼簡單的事!所以,大家要時時多用心!
回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20120110《法譬如水》九結 (四)    靜思晨語--20120110《法譬如水》九結 (四)  Empty周一 1月 30, 2012 9:24 pm

Lecturer: Master Zheng-Yan
Subject: The Nine Bonds Part 4(九結四)

There is no other way to learn the Dharma. Our minds must be resolute, and our resolve great. If we are determined and can make great vows, we are true Buddhist practitioners.

But how do we stay true when we are often influenced by ignorance? When everything in life is going well, ordinary people dwell on desires and cravings. When something bad happens, ignorance takes over, and we hurt ourselves and others. This is very common in society. It is the state of ordinary beings. Under good circumstances, we still get confused. Under challenging conditions, we commit many wrongdoings. That is ignorance.

Sentient beings are blinded by ignorance so they cannot realize the Truth of Suffering or of the Causes of Suffering. They commit a wide range of bad deeds, causing them to continuously transmigrate in the Three Realms with no way out. That is the Bond of Ignorance.

So ignorance entangles our hearts and prevents us from walking a straight and broad path. That is why the Buddha told us, “Sentient beings are blinded by ignorance.” Ignorance constantly accumulates and blinds us. Layer by layer we are covered up, so we cannot open our minds or pave a straight path. That is how Suffering arises.

What is the Truth of Suffering? As we have said, the truth is that we cling to cravings when everything in life is going smoothly. We always have desires. Cravings can break our hearts. Our hospital volunteers see and hear many things. Some patients are still young, yet seriously injured. Why are they so badly injured? Some of the injuries are work-related, but others are from attempted homicides. Some of the injuries are self-inflicted due to ignorance.

Then we look at their families. Some have already given up on the patient; they are indifferent. Some are blinded and entangled by their love, or suffer more than the one who is hurt because of their entanglements of love or hatred. Volunteers see the various situations of many different people. I often remind them that the hospital is a place for spiritual cultivation. We can learn the Truth by seeing suffering. If we strive to comprehend people’s suffering, we deepen our understanding of the ignorance and entanglements in their lives. When we ourselves are not entangled, we feel for them and wonder, “Why are they so foolish? Why did they try to kill each other? Why are they on drugs? Why did they drink so much? Why did they drive so fast?” and so on.

We see so many things, the family’s anguish, grief and resentment, and the patient’s struggles with physical pain. After seeing so much, we become objective observers. We can delve into understanding their lives and we can quickly un-entangle ourselves as well. We understand that life is like this. We enter into suffering in order to understand it, in order to realize the Truth.

Thus the Buddha said, “they cannot realize the Truth of Suffering or of the Cause of Suffering.” Ordinary people’s ignorance prevents them from realizing that they are suffering, so they continue to create karma. For instance, take two adversaries. Neither will back down. They go to court and spend a lot of money to sue and counter-sue, wasting all their money. Yet neither will budge. We witness their suffering but they cannot see it clearly when they are in the midst of experiencing it. They are too caught up in interpersonal conflicts. Caught up in the conflict, they cannot overcome their problems. Thus they “Commit a wide range of bad deeds.” They create more unwholesome acts, and more negative karma through speech. The more they do, the worse it becomes. Thus we say “we commit a wide range of bad deeds”.

Ordinary people cannot realize that life is suffering because of their ignorance. Therefore, they continue to create karma. If they can understand Truth through suffering, then they can recognize, cherish, and create more blessings.

We say that the slightest deviation in direction can take us wildly off course. Take a drawing compass for example. If we are slightly off when we start drawing, the result will be ridiculous and not as we intended. So we must guard our minds and our true nature, or deluded thoughts will lead to ignorance, to committing a wide range of bad deeds, and to suffering beyond words. We must know that we cannot escape the cyclic existence of the Three Periods and Six Destinies. In the past, present, and future, we transmigrate within the Six Realms.

Many people say they engage in spiritual practice because life is difficult. What is the goal of their practice? To avoid being human in their next life. Not being human again is easy; just do some bad things and you will go to the Hell, Hungry Ghost or Animal Realms. If they do not want to be human or to end up in the Three Evil Destinies, where will they go? If they give to others, create some blessings, they will go to Heaven. Can they stay in Heave forever? No. Once they exhaust their blessings, they will descend because they have only created blessings, they have not realized the Truth. They may create blessings to attain blessings or give out of desire to attain blessings, but these are still only blessings. They lack wisdom.

If they do not obtain wisdom, they will eventually exhaust their blessings and become entangled with others out of ignorance. In this cycle of retribution, karma will follow them. We should know that wisdom is more important than blessings. But wisdom without blessings results in a miserable life and difficulties when doing good deeds. It is said, “It is difficult for the poor to give.” We need to possess both wisdom and blessings so we can give wisely.

How do we maintain our wisdom so we can calmly deal with people and matters? How do we eliminate our ignorance? We need to know that karma arises from delusions. What are delusions? Delusion means not seeing the truth. Delusions can be traced back to an ignorant thought we had in the past, which clouds and deludes our minds in the present. “I don’t understand what you’re saying. I don’t understand why you did this.” That shows confusion. Lack of understanding often beings with ignorance. Ignorance is terrifying, but we must try to eliminate it from our minds when we are dealing with people and matters.

Delusion means we do not understand the Truth. All delusions arise from ignorance. If we do not eliminate ignorance, we will continue to create deluded karma.

Several years ago, a heartbreaking thing happened to Mr. Liang and his wife. His family suffered a deeply painful experience. His son, a well-behaved child, was in a car accident on his way to school. It was very serious. He was rushed to the hospital, but he died. At that time, Mr. Liang and his wife were already Tzu Chi members and were looked after by our commissioners. They had many interactions with Tzu Chi, and were often exposed to my teachings. So when the accident happened, they knew how to deal with the heartache.

When I went to Taipei, they came to see me. They talked about the pain they had felt. However, they appeared to already be at peace. How did they calm down? The wife said, “I heard a Jing Si Aphorism. It said that once our affinity with him ends, we should wish him blessings. Do not hold on to the strings of a broken kite. He will be unable to transcend and move on. Although I was heartbroken, when I thought of that passage, I sincerely chanted the Buddha’s name for him.”
The husband said, “Letting go was truly difficult. I told my wife we have learned much since we joined Tzu Chi. Because of what we’ve learned, if the person who caused the accident came and apologized, then we would have forgiven him.” But this man was unwilling to apologize. So the father became angry, and ignorance arose. He said, “Fine. If you don’t come to apologize, I’ll douse you with a bucket a gasoline.”

As he was leaving to carry out his threat, he saw my portrait hanging on his living room wall. He suddenly saw things clearly. “I saw you looking at me, so I immediately bowed and repented. I should not have conceived of such things, so l opened my heart and let it go. With my mind clear, my ignorance unraveled. Then I could leave the sadness behind, and devote myself to the Bodhisattva-path.”

If they wallowed in sadness, resentment, and hatred, they would have become more ignorant. From that day on, the two of them devoutly and diligently walked the Bodhisattva-path. Now both are certified commissioners and have been faithfully and diligently fulfilling the Eight Endeavors of Tzu Chi. Thus they left sadness behind and devoted themselves to the Bodhisattva-path. He also mentioned another passage from the Jing Si Aphorisms, “Do not punish yourself with others’ mistakes.” Do not allow other people’s wrongs to lead you to commit wrongdoings. Because they shifted their perspectives, they stayed true and followed the Way, the Bodhisattva-path, the best Path. They showed tremendous love when they chose that path. And it all hung on a single thought.

I want to share a passage from the Sutra of Forty-two Sections. The Buddha said, “A person who sees the Way is like someone who holds a torch and enters a dark room to dispel the darkness, so that only light remains.” He said if we can see and fully understand the Way, then it is as if we are holding a torch. When we enter a dark room, it is very dark inside. By bringing the torch in, the deep darkness will vanish. The darkness is eliminated “and only light remains.” The light banishes the darkness from the room, so only light remains. A person who sees the Way has a very clear mind, free of confusion. He would not think. “What are you doing? Why don’t I understand? What are you saying? Why doesn’t it make sense?” We who see the Way see everything clearly.

Otherwise, our minds are filled with darkness. We often encounter obstacles in the dark, so we must keep our minds bright. Thus the Buddha said, “Learn the Way, see the Truth. Thus ignorance is eliminated. If we learn the Dharma, we see the Truth, and ignorance will be eliminated. And light will persist.”

Everything surrounding us will be perfectly clear and bright. We should know that we can eliminate ignorance. Do not say, “That’s just the way I am. It’s in my nature to be hot-tempered. No one is born with a temper, it is a habit. We should know that we can eliminate ignorance. We should also know that if we can see the True Way, we can keep our minds clear, bright, and free of ignorance. We can even eliminate Augmented Arrogance. When we clearly see the Truth, we do not make mistakes. Therefore, we should always be mindful. Knowing the Truth is like lighting a lamp in a dark room; it is so simple. So, everyone be mindful.
(Source: Da Ai TV 靜思晨語 法譬如水)
回頂端 向下

靜思晨語--20120110《法譬如水》九結 (四)
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: 靜思晨語 :: 靜思晨語--法譬如水-
前往: