Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

靜思晨語--20120117《法譬如水》九結 (九)

向下 
發表人內容
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

文章總數 : 29096
年齡 : 70
來自 : 台中
威望 : 1661
注冊日期 : 2009-01-11

靜思晨語--20120117《法譬如水》九結 (九)  Empty
發表主題: 靜思晨語--20120117《法譬如水》九結 (九)    靜思晨語--20120117《法譬如水》九結 (九)  Empty周三 1月 18, 2012 12:21 am

回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20120117《法譬如水》九結 (九)    靜思晨語--20120117《法譬如水》九結 (九)  Empty周三 1月 18, 2012 12:21 am

【證嚴上人開示】
九結:
愛結 恚結 慢結
無明結 見結 取結
疑結 嫉結 慳結

我們每個人凡是來修行,在寺院裡,第一項功課,修行的名稱,就是早課。在寺院中,沒參加早課不算修行。
其實冬天時,風很大,覺得很冷,從棉被要掀開來那時候,那一刻就是在修行了。你如果捨不得離開溫暖的被窩,不能捨,這種不捨,在生活的第一時刻,就已經是慳貪了。貪於哪裡呢?貪於睡眠。
這是生活中,訓練我們一早時間的,第一個生活動態。所以過去祖師有這樣一句話,他就是說,睡眠:
一眠之時 百歲乃覺
纏綿罪網 不求出要
《法句譬喻經》

業類難消!就是說,我們如果這樣睡,就是一直睡,就是躲在被窩裡,像這樣人家在修行,一早在誦經求法,這之間我們偏偏躲在被窩裡,像這樣,這一生還有什麼道好說的?人生的第一步,修行的第一個時刻,我們就已經放棄了,如此百歲,我們差不多一生,都沈溺在這種貪睡。
既然行不修,不只是睡,失去了時間,失去了修行的價值觀,這樣在平常的生活能夠精進嗎?變成在寺院中只是空度時日,百歲就是到老來,那時才會想要清醒,太慢了!這樣就是一直纏綿,一直纏綿在罪網中,這個網網住了我們,一直無法解脫。你為什麼不能解脫呢?就是因為不清醒。什麼時刻不清醒?修行的時刻你都不清醒了。
有的人就說:「我太累了,所以我不能起來做早課。」「我身體很不好,所以我不能做早課。」那都是心,心的網網住了我們,所以使我們懈怠,所以使我們墮落,這種人就是不求出離。
各位,生命在什麼時刻?有感覺的時刻就是生命。價值在哪裡?能去付出,在人群中能和睦,這叫做價值。
我們的人生只為了自己,生活貪圖在那一點享受,自然要投入人群就很困難。因為這是代表你一個人,你的人生觀就是為自己計較,不想要捨棄自己的習氣,走入修行的道場,大家和睦修行,這樣的人哪能成功呢?沒辦法!
就像我既然自己出來出家,我就要很把握時間,幾十年如一日,這樣才行。
各位,真的我們要在每一天,修行的第一步要展現出來。寺院本來就是朝鐘暮鼓,早上聽到鐘聲,就是這一天的第一個時刻,這個時刻很重要。到了晚上聽到鼓聲,這個時候,是我們要安心睡眠時。鐘聲和鼓聲之間,就是我們合群在訓練,合心、和氣、互愛、協力,來經營我們的道場,這才是真正的修行。
各位,學佛就是一念心,這念心不要被網子纏住了,不要人在道場中,不想要求出離的方法,否則,我們的業累,就不斷、不斷地纏縛,消不掉。不但消不掉,還一直纏縛下去。大家要很注意我們的生活,所以這個貪字不要有,因為貪會使我們無法向前前進。
我們現在要說第九個結,和貪有關。
第九個結就是「慳」,慳就是慳吝,就是「慳貪」的意思。
謂諸眾生耽著利養
於資生具 其心慳吝
不能捨施
廣行不善
由此遂招未來生死之苦
流轉三界不能出離
是名慳結

耽著利養,修行,我就是要在這裡享受,安享天年,是不是呢?不是!我們來做人,是不是只為了享受?錢賺得很多,穿很好,吃很好,住很好,是不是要這樣呢?若是這樣的人生,就像剛才說過的,那樣纏綿在睡眠的業網中,那實在是苦不堪言。
所以我們要知道,不要耽著利養。「資生之具」,就是我們日常中用的東西,我們是不是都要用好的、穿好、吃好、享受好的,這些東西是不是,我們一生所應該要追求的?可能很多人已經擁有了,但是我們願意捨嗎?常常說:「人有一就會缺九,不捨,捨不得!」這就是人生。
修行就是要在不捨、捨不得,我們要學捨,我們要捨得,這才是真正叫做修行。不論是在家、出家,我們要修一念心,捨,捨才能得,你捨了煩惱,才能得到一念清淨;你捨了一分財物,你才能得到一分的輕安!
捨一分煩惱
得一分清淨
捨一分財物
得一分輕安
學會捨
才是真正的修行

所以,我們若是不捨,貪著的煩惱還積在心裡;我們若是不捨,看到芸芸苦難的眾生,就無法發揮那分的愛,所以我們必定要學會如何捨。不要心裡只想著自己享受,只是自己想要擁有很多,一點都不肯捨,若是如此,就會「廣行不善」。
你善的不去做,自然就變成惡;不肯殷勤精進,當然就變成懈怠墮落。這都是相對的。
《阿含經》中,也是有一段這樣的文字:
我見世間人
有財癡不施
得財復更求
慳貪積聚物
《中阿含經》

這段文字很簡單,佛陀說,他看到世間的人就是這樣,有財,擁有很多東西,但是他癡。癡,貪、瞋、癡,癡就是沒智慧,他以為世間的財物,永遠永遠都是我所有。
世間人本來就是無常,我們一生有幾十年,難得有一百歲的人。即使活到百歲,到底我們真正能使用的時間有多少?所以財是否永遠都是我們的呢?
總而言之,世間人有了錢,他就是「癡而不施」,因為他沒有智慧,他要做守財奴。這個守財奴就是捨不得施捨,所以「得財復更求」,得到錢財之後,他還想要得到更多。這就是師父常常對大家說的:「得到了一,就想要再擁有十,永遠都缺九。」你想,這樣癡不癡呢?癡!因為他不肯施。
如果能:「我有十元,我能捨一元。」想想看,有十元捨一元,一百元就捨十元了!我如果有一千元,就捨一百元了!所以這就是要好好啟發人的心,哪怕是點滴,這念心大家匯合起來,就能夠為世間苦難人做很多好事。
不要輕視點滴的施捨,點滴的施捨,對外能成就大事,對內是成就道業。他能隨喜功德:「慈濟是做好事,沒關係,你每個月來跟我收一百。」只要起這一念:「慈濟做好事。」這念心,就已經啟發那分捨的心。雖然不多,但是那念心存在;若能捨得、捨得更好。
世間的財物到底能做什麼呢?對我們自己很多、很多,我吃多少、穿多少、要用多少,其他都是多餘的。多餘的東西,為什麼不去幫忙做更多事呢?所以常常起慳貪。積聚這些東西到底能有多少?
我看到一則故事,一位阿婆開店,阿婆開店人家去買東西,她都不會算帳。人家如果問糖一斤多少錢?她說:「五元。」「不對,十元。」「不對,十五元。」
買了一斤糖,二十元拿給她,她還要找人多少錢呢?「好,我趕快找你五十元。」拿到的人就說:「不對,阿婆,妳找錯了。」
「喔!這樣錯了?來,找你一百元。」更不對。
「阿婆,錯了。來,我告訴妳。我已經給妳二十元,十五元,妳再找我五元就好。」
後來,買的人很有良心,自己跟她拿五元,說:「這個是五元的。我二十元給妳,這是五元。」
類似這樣的事,每天在那裡,就是在這家店常常發生這種事。甚至也有人,阿婆若是多找錢給他,他很歡喜,就又順手拿走一個東西。
有一天她的老朋友,老師退休了,就來那裡坐,每天都看到她這樣。有一天,這個朋友就跟她說,跟她說:「妳這樣不能做生意了,關門好了。我們老人已經有失憶症,我們不要做生意,妳如果這樣做下去,妳會賠本。」
「我為什麼會賠本?」
他說:「妳不會算帳了!」
「誰告訴妳我不會算帳?」
老師說:「像妳這樣,每天都找錯錢給人,這樣妳一定賠本。」
她就去拿出一本帳簿,她說:「我不只會算帳,我還會記帳。這本帳簿你看看。」帳簿拿出來看,這位老師實在看不懂,整本簿子都是一一一,密密麻麻的一,有上面的一,有下面的一,都是一畫一畫一畫,密密麻麻的,整本簿子也都已經翻得又油又破,就是從第一頁一直翻、一直翻,還是一樣的一。
這位朋友就問她:「我真的看不懂。」
她說:「妳怎麼會看不懂,我可是很會算帳、很會記,妳來看看,我告訴你。我歡喜就賺到了。」
他說:「妳為什麼歡喜?」
她就說:「我像這樣在這裡,人來人往,來來去去的人向我買東西。我有時後,他如果拿十元,我找他五十元,有的人會再還給我,再向我拿五元就好了。妳可知道,這筆帳,我有多歡喜?這樣我就畫一槓,類似這樣。妳看,下面這些妳來比較看看,出的多,還是入的多?」
「什麼叫做出?」
她說:「出的就是這些,這些我如果找給他們,他們會很高興,拿了就走,隨便香菸拿一包就走了,汽水拿一瓶也去了,這樣我會很不高興。但是我這裡下面就畫一槓。這樣妳來幫我比比看,看我是收的多還是出的多?」
真的收的很多,每一天、每一天都是密密麻麻。上面那部分的一,都填滿了,但是下面這部分有時是空白的,有時有幾筆是一。
他說:「原來這是妳的人生哲學!」
「是啊!我如果看到世間人,這些都是好人,有良心。世間如果有很多有良心的人,他就不會貪;沒有貪心的人間,這個人間就富有了。所以我每天都很歡喜!」
各位,人生的哲學是這樣,不是我們自己不貪就好,我們也要希望別人不貪;不是我們自己精進就好了,我們也希望要看別人精進。
各位,要精進,莊嚴道場,人人要精進,我們如果希望社會祥和,人人要無貪念,所以我們不要有慳貪的念。
各位,一個貪字,從睡聽到做生意。沒有錯,這是在我們日常生活中,所以大家要時時多用心!
回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20120117《法譬如水》九結 (九)    靜思晨語--20120117《法譬如水》九結 (九)  Empty周三 2月 15, 2012 6:41 pm

Lecturer: Master Zheng-Yan
Subject: The Nine Bonds Part 9(九結九)

When we come to the monastery to practice, the first lesson we need to learn is to perform the morning service. If we do not participate in morning recitation, then we are not practicing.

In the cold of winter, with the strong wind, the moment we lift our covers we are already practicing. If we are reluctant to leave the warmth, then we are already greedy in the first moment of our day. Greedy for what? For sleep. Every day, we train ourselves during our first action of the morning. A Patriarch of the past, talking about sleep, said,

“One sleeps 100 years before awakening one lingers in the web of wrongdoing without seeking escape.”

Dispelling accumulated karma is difficult if we continue to sleep and hide under our covers. While others practice, recite Sutras, seek Dharma early in the morning, we are hiding under the covers. Then what spiritual practice can we speak of? We have already given up with the first step, the first moment of our practice. Even if we live to be 100, we will have spent most our lives immersed in stolen slumber. If we forgo practice, not only do we lose time being asleep, we also lose the values developed through practice. With this way of life, can we be diligent? We will just be wasting time in the monastery.

If we wait till we reach 100 before we think about awakening, it will be too late. This is how we continue to be entangled in a web of wrongdoings which entraps us and prevents us from being liberated. Why can we not be liberated? Because we are not awake. When are we not awake? When it is time for practice. Some say they are too tired, so they cannot participate in morning recitation. Some say they cannot do it because of poor health. This is all in the mind. We become lazy and degenerate when we are entrapped by our minds, and we have no desire for escape.

Everyone, when does life happen? When we have feelings and sensations. Where is the value of life? In giving and in living in harmony with others. That is valuable. If we live only for ourselves and crave those little pleasures, then it is difficult to work with others. This mentality shows that we only watch out for ourselves and do not want to give up our habits. In a place of practice, we practice in harmony. Can a selfish person be successful here? No, there is no way. Since we have chosen the monastic life, we must seize every moment to practice as if it is our first day of practice.

Everyone, every day we must truly demonstrate that we have taken the first step in our practice. Dawn is signaled by bells, and evening by drums. The sound of the morning bells signals the first moment of each day. It is an important moment. The sound of drums at night signals the moment we should go to sleep. Between the morning bells and the evening drums is when we train with. Unity, Harmony, Love and Concerted Effort to manage this spiritual training ground. This is true practice.

Everyone, to learn Buddha’s way is to train our minds. We should not let our minds be entangled in a web, such that we do not seek the methods of escape. Otherwise, our accumulated karma will continue to bind and entangle us. If we do not eliminate it, it will continue to bind us. We must attend to our lives and not be greedy, because greed keeps us from advancing forward. We will now speak of the ninth Bond. It is related to greed. Ninth is the Bond of Stinginess. To be stingy is to be miserly and avaricious.

“Sentient beings cling to wealth and offerings. They are stingy and unwilling to share material necessities. They commit a wide range of bad deeds, and invite the suffering of future births and deaths.”

As for “clinging to wealth and offerings”, is spiritual practice about living in comfort and enjoying life until we die? No. Did we take human form purely for pleasure? Are we here to make money, wear nice clothes, eat well and live comfortably? If we lead that kind of life, we are entangled in the karmic web of sleep. That is truly suffering beyond words. So we must not “cling to wealth and offerings”.

“Material necessities” are things we use daily. Must we always use the best? Should we use our lives to pursue the finest clothes, food, and pleasures? Perhaps many of us already have them, but are we willing to give them away? We often say, “having one, we lack nine”. We are reluctant to let go and to give. Spiritual practice is about learning to let go of the things we cannot part from. Doing so is a sign of true spiritual practice. Whether we are lay or monastic practitioners, we must train ourselves to be giving. We must let go so we can gain. When we let go of an affliction, we can attain a thought of purity. When we give away a bit of wealth, we can obtain a bit of happiness.

Let go of an affliction, gain a bit of purity. Give away a bit of wealth, gain a bit of happiness. True spiritual practice is learning to let go and to give.

If we do not let go, greedy afflictions accumulate in our minds.
If we are unwilling to give, we cannot put our love into action when we see suffering sentient beings. So we must learn to let go and to give. We should not just think about enjoying ourselves and accumulating more possessions without giving to others. It we do so, we will “commit a wide range of bad deeds.” If we do not do good, we naturally become bad. If we are unwilling to be earnest and diligent, we degenerate and become lazy. These are opposites. A section in the Madhyama Agama Sutra states:

“I see how people in this world ignorantly cling to wealth with no generosity. When they obtain wealth, they want even more. Being stingy, they hoard their wealth.”

This text is simple. The Buddha said He saw people act this way. They may be wealthy and own many things, but they are ignorant, greedy and angry. Ignorance is the lack of wisdom. People think the wealth they have in this world will belong to them forever. The human life is naturally impermanent. How many decades will we live? It is rare to live to 100. Even if we live that long, how much time do we truly utilize? So can wealth truly be ours forever?

When ordinary people have money, they are “ignorantly attached with no generosity.” They lack wisdom, so they are slaves to their wealth. This means they are reluctant to give. “When they obtain wealth, they seek even more.” They have obtained wealth, but they want more. I often say, if we get one thing, we wish to have ten things. So we forever lack nine. Isn’t that ignorant? It is, because we are unwilling to give. If I have $10, I can give away $1. Let’s think about it, if I have $10, I would give away $1; if I have $100, I would give away $10; and if I have $1000, I would give away $100. This is how we can inspire others. Even if everyone gives a little, when we accumulate it, we can benefit many suffering individuals in this world. Do not disparage small contributions.

They can help us accomplish great things and enhance our spiritual practice. We can rejoice in others’ good deeds. Even if they make only a small donation each month, as long as they remember that “Tzu Chi does good deeds, this inspires them to be giving.” Though the amount is small, the thought is there. With these thoughts, this giving is even better. What can worldly wealth accomplish? It can do many things for us. But how much can we really eat, wear, and consume? The rest is extraneous, so why don’t we use it to help accomplish more things? If we are stingy, how much can we accumulate?

I saw a story about an old shopkeeper. She did not know how to do math or charge people. If someone asked how much 1kg of sugar costs, she said, “$5.”
“No it’s $10.”
“No it’s $15!”
When the customer gave her $20 for 1kg of sugar, how much change did she give? “Oh, here is $50 in change.”
The customer said, “Ma’am, you made a mistake.”
“Oh, I made a mistake? I should give you $100, right?”
“That is further off. Ma’am, let me tell you, I give you $20, it cost $15, so I only need $5 in change.”
The customer was honest. They took $5 from her and said, “This is $5. I gave you $20, this is my $5 change.” Things like that often occurred in her store each day. There were people who, if the old woman gave them extra change, happily accepted it and even took extra merchandize with them.

Her old friend, a retired teacher, often came and sat with her. After seeing this happen repeatedly, one day her friend said to her, “You can’t run a business this way. You might as well shut it down. We are old and losing our faculties, so we should not be in business. If you continue like this, you will lose all your money.”
“Why would I lose all my money?”
“You can’t add or subtract.”
“Who says I can’t?”
“You always give people the wrong change, so eventually you’ll go broke.”
The owner took out her ledger and said, “Not only can I do math, I can keep books. Look at this ledger.” But the retired teacher could not understand it. The ledger was densely packed with “1”s. There were “1”s on top, “1”s on bottom, “1”s all over, written closely together. The ledger was worn and greasy. The pages looked the same, from the first to the last.
The friend said, “I can’t understand this.”
She said, “How can you not understand? I’m very good at math and accounting. Look, I will explain. If I’m happy, I’ve profited.”
“Why are you happy?”
She said, “I stand here and the customers come and go. They all buy things from me. Sometimes when they pay me $10, I will give them $50 in change. Some people will return the extra and only take $5 from me. Do you know how happy I am to see that honesty? I keep track of that with a line on top. See, you can compare whether I paid more or received more.”
“What is paying? Paying is when I give them extra change and they happily walk off with the change. Some will even take an extra pack of cigarettes or a bottle of soda with them. Then I’m unhappy and I draw a line at the bottom of the page. Take a look to see if I’ve received or paid more. I really receive a lot.”

Every day, every page was filled with marks. The top half was completely filled but the bottom was occasionally blank or marked with a few lines. He said, “So this is your life’s philosophy!” “Yes, I see people in the world as good people with integrity. If the world is filled with honest people, then there will be no greed, and the world will be enriched. So I’m happy every day.”

Everyone, this is a philosophy for life. Not only should we not be greedy, we hope others are not greedy, either. Not only should we be diligent, we also hope others are diligent as well.

Everyone, we must be diligent in this dignified spiritual training ground. If we hope for a harmonious society, then no one can be greedy or stingy. Everyone, greed can apply to everything, from sleep to business. That is right, it fills our daily lives. So, everyone always be mindful.
(Source: Da Ai TV 靜思晨語 法譬如水)
回頂端 向下

靜思晨語--20120117《法譬如水》九結 (九)
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: 靜思晨語 :: 靜思晨語--法譬如水-
前往: