Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

靜思晨語--20120119《法譬如水》十纏 (二)

向下 
發表人內容
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

文章總數 : 29096
年齡 : 70
來自 : 台中
威望 : 1661
注冊日期 : 2009-01-11

靜思晨語--20120119《法譬如水》十纏 (二)  Empty
發表主題: 靜思晨語--20120119《法譬如水》十纏 (二)    靜思晨語--20120119《法譬如水》十纏 (二)  Empty周五 1月 20, 2012 6:25 am

回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20120119《法譬如水》十纏 (二)    靜思晨語--20120119《法譬如水》十纏 (二)  Empty周五 1月 20, 2012 8:09 am

【證嚴上人開示】
人生若能事事都照我們的心,所選擇的環境,不知有多好!偏偏我們常常都不由自己,哪怕是很好的環境,我們也不曉得好好選擇。就是選擇了,你若不肯去行,那個環境很好,是我們所選擇的,不肯精進,這樣不是那個環境的過失,是我們自己不肯精進的過失。
比如有一個人的周圍都是糞坑,都是不清淨的坑洞,人在那當中,眼睛看到前面有很清淨的泉水,周圍有很美的蓮花,自己的心就會想:「我若能去那裡不知有多好!」求啊求。其實那都不必求,只要那個境界在你面前,只要你跨一步過去,那個地方就是清淨的泉水,那個地方就是十分漂亮,美麗的蓮花在你的周圍,只是差一個跨步向前去這樣而已。
同樣的境界,我們修行也是這樣,一切唯心造,眾生的心境,我們自己要好好淨化,佛陀告訴我們方法,我們要好好淨化。
我說過了,清除污穢只有一樣,要用水,水才能清除污穢的東西。凡夫這念無明,只有一樣,就是法。佛陀他不斷不斷隨機逗教,說了很多法,但是眾生聽,知道了,知道。只是知,但卻不覺,這就是凡夫所以不能很歡喜,過著輕安自在的日子。大家的心總是打不開,很煩惱。
心要好好淨化
清除污穢的唯一方法
就是用法水洗心
聞法若是知而不覺
將被煩惱所纏縛

我們昨天講「十纏」,纏的前面就是結,所以再過去就是無明。其實無明也好、結也好、纏也好,這是煩惱的別名。
所以佛陀,就是要給我們一個理念,知道這叫做煩惱;煩惱就是苦,就是使人的心打不開;就是纏綿,把我們纏縛住,令我們這麼痛苦。這個苦不是人家給你的,是你自己,人我是非,不是常說:「不要把人事當是非;若有是非,你就把它當作教育。」「三人行有我師焉,人人都是我們的老師。」「感恩啊!」不論他對我們如何,是來開導我們的,或是來毀謗我們的,感恩。
我們若都是一念感恩心,這就是開心的方法。我們若能明白,人人都是我們的老師,我們時時都會起恭敬心;我們如果都明白,不要把人事當是非,應該要把是非當教育。
光是這幾個法,用在我們日常生活,還有什麼慚、愧、無慚、無愧?慚愧還知錯能改,沒慚愧心則是不知錯,不能改,這就是造業的根源。
十纏:
無慚 無愧 嫉
慳 悔 眠
掉舉 昏沉 瞋忿 覆

我們今天就要說第三,什麼纏住了我們?就是「嫉」。嫉就是嫉妒,嫉妒的心大部分是與生俱來。
你們會想,師父不是說:「人之初、性本善」;師父不是說:「我們原來是清淨的本性」。清淨的本性是否帶著嫉妒?對你們說過了:「習氣,未斷!」我們生生世世,嫉妒都是不斷不斷,不知覺中隨著我們的生活,所以「有隨煩惱」,這叫做「隨煩惱」,跟隨著的煩惱。所以我們生生世世,這個習氣都沒斷,所以我們現在說是與生俱來。
所以說來,嫉妒,嫉賢妒能,這是眾生的習慣。
十纏之三「嫉」
嫉者妒也
謂見他人榮富
心生妒忌也

所以我們看到別人榮華富貴,我們也不會起歡喜心,榮華富貴是他在享受,和我有什麼關係?甚至也會覺得,他就是有錢,所以他會享受。這句話裡面也一樣,包含嫉和妒的心,多多少少。
無論是發脾氣,說到什麼人我們就生氣,那就是很重的嫉妒成分;若是沒起歡喜,那就是很輕微的嫉妒心,這都是我們與生俱來的習慣。所以佛陀教我們要隨喜,別人的成就,就是我們的成就,我們要隨喜。
泰國的兒童收養院,孩子受到我們泰國慈濟人,去關懷、去照顧、去陪伴他們、去疼他們。年月時日不斷過去,人的年齡不斷成長,孩子他的心能有個依靠,而且充滿了愛的鼓勵。所以這些孩子慢慢長大,也已經有十多位上大學了,現在也已經開始當慈青了,甚至還開始當幹部了。泰國這些慈濟人,這種愛的付出,那種誠、正、信、實,從內心很純淨,那麼誠懇的愛,那麼真實的愛在付出,慈悲喜捨實行於外。光是想到這些人,我就覺得很歡喜,這就是隨喜;這是我們很歡喜的事,所以叫做隨喜功德。
這樣歡喜就有功德嗎?是的!什麼功德呢?就是內在內心的修養。內心你聽到人家很行,做了很多好事,師父這樣讚歎他們,你不會嫉妒,所以就是我們內心,內心已經起了讚歎的心。
為什麼會讚歎?內能自謙,我很謙卑,我沒有做到,他們做到了,被人讚歎是應該的,我又沒做到,所以我們沒做到,別人做了我們歡喜。」這叫做內能自謙。
外在的那種禮讓,理所當然光榮應該是他們的,他們做的,應該是他們的。這種讚歎別人的人,同樣也會被讚歎;這種愛人的人,也會是被愛的人,這種能夠被愛、令人讚歎。或是去愛人、讚歎別人,這就是嫉妒的心消除了。所以這就是我們平時,在日常生活中應該要學的。
懂得愛人的人
也會被人愛
能夠讚歎別人
也會被人所讚歎
兩者皆備能除嫉妒心

再來就是「慳」。慳就是「慳貪」,不肯捨;還是因為利養,想要享受,自己要擁有很多,所以儘管有很多財物,你都不肯捨出去,這就是心的慳吝。慳吝的心,他什麼都要,所以什麼都要,什麼都不肯出,這樣叫做慳吝的心。無法「惠施貧困」的人,如此,他不肯捨,眼睜睜看人病、老、貧,都不肯去付出。
慳吝貪著,這種人就容易去取不義之財。因為他竟然不肯捨,竟然忍心看著貧病老苦,而不肯付出,這樣的人就是貪心的人。貪心的人,生活財物他取之不停,這樣就會「廣行不善」,還是最後招來的還是苦。
十纏之四「慳」
慳者吝也
謂人於世間貲財
及出世間法財
不肯惠施也

所以在經典中,有一段這樣的故事:
就是在古遠時代,很久之前的時代,有一座城,這座城非常富有,周圍的境界都是美景。這種環境中,其中有一個家庭,這個家庭富可敵國,在整個國家應該是首富。雖然這麼富有,其中人丁單薄,家裡只有一位年輕的婆羅門,他很年輕,但是很用功於婆羅門教法。他的父母呢?早就過世了,從他還小父母就過世了,雖然很富有,但是留不住命,所以這位年輕人,幸好,有一個管家很好,來幫忙守住他的財產。
看到這位年輕人,已經長大成人了,這位管家有一天,就把他全家的財產,帳簿和寶物,用鐵櫃,很大的鐵櫃,就抬到他的面前,打開了鐵櫃,裡面什麼寶都有。這位管家,就對小主人這麼說:「你已經成年了,我幾十年來,就是為你們家守護財物,你已經成年,我應該把這些東西告訴你,讓你知道。」就一樣一樣點交給他。
此時這位年輕人,他就開始思考:「七代祖先,一代一代一直留下來,可見他們是那麼有錢、那麼富有,但是今何在呢?他們這些東西都沒帶去,都鎖在這個鐵櫃裡,他們都沒有帶去,生命是長或是短,我的父母那麼年輕,就前後往生了,這些財物到底能為生命,做什麼事呢?什麼事都沒做到,而且要離開時都沒有帶去。」那時他就想:「我應該要為這些東西,做出每一樣,都是我能帶去的東西!」
想好了,他開始就對家裡的人宣告,對管家,裡面的傭人,他就告訴他們:「我今天開始,我有這麼多東西,這些東西我都要自己用,而且要用得,哪怕我將來都要帶去。」
大家面面相覷:「哪有可能?你現在要用的東西,很多你都可以用,但是未來要怎麼帶去?」
他就說了:「來!你們去,去向國王這麼說,我有很多東西,要給全國貧困的人。」
一方面向國王報告:「我這個家庭,一切財產都要完全捐獻出去。」
一方面對其他的奴僕說:「去!你們去敲鑼打鼓,去告訴大家,只要沒有米吃,沒有衣服,沒有……。總而言之,貧困的人,你們叫他們都出來,把這些財產變換成米糧,換成現金。」開始他用一段很長的時間,每天以車載著米糧、載著現金,到處去看,貧的給他錢、給他米,病的,為他施藥施財等等,這樣過了一段時間,才把這些財產變現分配,結束了。從此,他開始身無掛累,他就開始踏上修行的道路,身心輕安很自在。
這個故事,不就是一個站在糞坑,凡夫地之處,他看到清淨的泉水,一步就跨過去了。心地都沒有污穢的東西,清淨的泉水從內心不斷湧現,內心的蓮花,是不是開得很燦爛呢?這只有一個方法,去掉慳嫉,慳貪嫉妒。你如果把它去掉,內心就歡喜了,就輕安自在,這就是佛陀教我們的方法,所以我們要時時多用心。
回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20120119《法譬如水》十纏 (二)    靜思晨語--20120119《法譬如水》十纏 (二)  Empty周四 2月 23, 2012 4:07 am

Lecturer: Master Zheng-Yan
Subject: The Ten Fetters Part 2(十纏二)

How wonderful it would be if everything in life happened according to our wishes. But in reality, it is not under our control. Even in favorable environments, we still do not know how to make good decisions. Even if we make the right choices, and the conditions are favorable, if we do not act on our decisions, it is our fault, not the fault of our environment. We are the ones who choose not to be diligent.

It is like a person surrounded by cesspools. Those are smelly and filthy pits. If that person were to see a pure spring, surrounded by beautiful lotus flowers, he would think, “If I could get there, how nice it would be!” He prays and prays, but there is no need to pray. If it is right in front of you, just step forward. You will be in that beautiful place, with the pure spring water, surrounded by beautiful lotus flowers. All that is missing is taking a step forward.

This also applies to spiritual practice. The mind alone creates everything. We sentient beings must cleanse our own minds. The Buddha taught us how. As I have said, the only way to wash away filth is with water. The only way to cleanse the filth of ignorance in the minds of ordinary people is with the Dharma. The Buddha taught many methods, based on our circumstances. Sentient beings say, “We know, we know.” They know, but they are not enlightened. That is why ordinary people cannot be happy and lead peaceful, easy lives. They cannot open their minds and are always afflicted.

The mind should be purified. Dharma-water is the only means to eliminate defilements and cleanse the mind. If one listens to Dharma without awareness, one is bound by afflictions.

Yesterday we spoke of the Ten Fetters. Before the Fetters came the Bonds, and before that came ignorance. But whether we speak of ignorance, Bonds, or Fetters, they are simply other names for affliction.

That is why the Buddha taught us this concept. He taught us that these are afflictions and afflictions are suffering. They are entanglements that close off our minds. They bind us and cause us so much suffering. No one else can inflict that pain, only we can. Regarding interpersonal conflicts, we often say, “Do not see disagreements as conflicts.” We must treat them as lessons to learn. There is something to learn from everyone. Everyone is our teacher. Be grateful! No matter how they treat us, whether they guide us or slander us, we must be thankful! Maintaining that sense of gratitude is a way to be happy. If we understand that everyone is our teacher, we will always be respectful. If we understand and learn not to treat disagreements as conflicts but to treat conflicts as lessons, if we can apply these few teachings in our daily lives, we would not need to worry about shame or lack of shame. If we have shame we see and learn from mistakes. If we are shameless we do not see our mistakes, so we do not change. That is the source of karma.

The Ten Fetters: No Shame, No Remorse, Jealousy, Stinginess, Regret, Sleepiness, Restlessness, Drowsiness, Anger and Cover-up.

Now we will talk about the third Fetter. What is binding us? Jealousy. Jealousy also includes envy. Most of our jealousy is already present at birth. You may be wondering, “Haven’t you said that people are born with good natures?” “Didn’t you say our original nature is pure?” “Could this pure nature contain jealousy?” I have told you that jealousy is a habit we have not yet eliminated. We are unaware that jealousy continues to be a part of our lives, lifetime after lifetime. Therefore, afflictions follow and accompany us. They follow us. In all our many lifetimes, we have never broken this habit, so now we are born with it. Sentient beings have a habit of envying other’s virtues and abilities.

The third of the Ten Fetters is Jealousy. Jealousy is the negative feelings that arise in one’s mind when one sees others enjoying honor and wealth.

When we see others enjoy honor ad wealth, we are unhappy. “They are enjoying honor and wealth. What does that have to do with me?” We even think, “They can afford it, so they are able to enjoy luxuries.” This thought, more or less, also stems from jealousy and envy. If we get angry when someone’s name comes up in a conversation, that is a strongly jealous reaction. If we cannot be happy for others, we are slightly jealous. We are born with this habit.

The Buddha taught us to rejoice with others. Their accomplishments are also our accomplishments. We must rejoice with them. At an orphanage in Thailand children are cared for and comforted by Tzu Chi volunteers. As time goes by, people age. These children have people to lean on, to give them loving encouragement. Now they are older, and more than ten of them are already in college. Some have become volunteers or officers in their collegiate Tzu Chi chapter. The love offered by Tzu Chi volunteers in Thailand is so sincere, true, trustworthy, honest and pure. This is sincere love. They embody loving-kindness, compassion, joy and giving in their actions. Just thinking about them makes me happy. This is rejoicing in others. When we are truly happy for others, merits arise.

Is there merit in this type of joy? Yes. What kind of merit? The merit of internal spiritual cultivation. So when you hear how capable some people are, how they have done much good, and how I praised them, you will not be jealous. In this way we will be full of admiration. Why will we admire them? Our humility “I’m humble. I couldn’t do this and they have done it. So they should be admired and praised.” If we cannot achieve something, we should be happy for those who can. That is the inner virtue of humility.

Outwardly, we express courtesy and rightful recognition of others’ achievements. We will always give credit where credit is due. Those who praise and admire others will also be praised and admired. Those who love others will also be loved. If we can be loved and praised, and we can love and praise others, we have eliminated jealousy from our minds. This is what we should learn in our daily lives.

Those who can love others will be loved. Those who can admire and praise others will be admired and praised. Those who give and receive love and admiration can eliminate jealousy from their minds.

Next, is Stinginess. Stinginess is the unwillingness to give. As we seek wealth and enjoyment, we strive to possess many things. So although we own a lot of property, we are unwilling to give any of it away. This is stinginess. Those with stingy minds want to possess everything. They want everything, but refuse to give anything away. They “do not give to the poor and downtrodden.” They do not give. They just look at the sick, the old, the poor and refuse to help. Stingy people are also greedy.

They are likely to make money immorally because they are not willing to give away anything. They can bear to see those in need suffer, without offering any help, because they are greedy. A greedy person relentlessly collects worldly goods. They will “commit a wide range of bad deeds” and bring suffering upon themselves.

The fourth of the Ten Fetters is Stinginess. To be stingy is to be miserly. One who is stingy is unwilling to share any worldly wealth or wealth of Dharma.

The following story appeared in a Sutra. In ancient times, a long time ago, there was a city. The city was very rich and was surrounded by a beautiful landscape. In it there lived a family whose wealth rivaled that of nations. The family was probably the richest in the country. Although the family was rich, it was a small family. The household had only one young Brahman. He was very young. But he diligently studied the Brahman teachings. Where were his parents? They had passed away when he was very young. Their riches could not prolong their lives.

Fortunately, the young man had a good caretaker to manage his wealth. One day, when the caretaker saw that the young man was already an adult, he put all the property, ledgers and jewels into a big iron chest and placed it before the young man. When he opened it he saw many treasures. The caretaker told his master, “You are an adult now. I have managed your family’s wealth for many decades. Now that you are an adult, I should explain all this to you.” So he explained the items one by one.

The young man began to think “For seven generations, my family accumulated all of this. Clearly they were very wealthy. But where are they now? They could not take any of this with them. It was all locked in this iron chest. Life can be long or short. My parents passed away at such a young age. What can these material possessions do for our lives? Nothing at all. Besides, we cannot take them with us when we die.” So he thought, “I should transform these things into something I can take with me.” He made an announcement to his employees, to the caretaker and servants. He said, “Starting from today, I’m going to use everything I own and I will bring it all with me when I die.”

Everyone just started at each other. “How’s that possible? You can use those things now, but how can you take them with you? ”
He said, “Go tell the king that I have many things I want to share with the country’s poor.”
He told the king he wanted to donate all the wealth of his family. He told his servants, “Go, spread the news. Tell everyone if they do not have anything to eat or wear or… In any case, tell the poor people to all come here. He exchanged all his riches for grains and cash. Then he spent a long time traveling around the country with the grains and cash, giving money and food to the poor, cash and medicine to the sick. After some time, he finally gave away his entire fortune. From then on, he was without burden. He stepped onto the path of spiritual cultivation with freedom and great peace.

This story is about a person who saw the cesspool around him, the state of ordinary existence. He saw the pure spring water and stepped forward. His mind was free of defilements, and pure water sprang continuously from his mind. Isn’t the lotus flower in his mind blooming brilliantly? There is only one way to eliminate stinginess, greed, and jealousy. If we can eliminate all those things, we can be happy, peaceful, and at ease. That is the Dharma the Buddha taught. So everyone always be mindful.
(Source: Da Ai TV 靜思晨語 法譬如水)
回頂端 向下

靜思晨語--20120119《法譬如水》十纏 (二)
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: 靜思晨語 :: 靜思晨語--法譬如水-
前往: