Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

靜思晨語--20120120《法譬如水》十纏 (三)

向下 
發表人內容
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

文章總數 : 29096
年齡 : 70
來自 : 台中
威望 : 1661
注冊日期 : 2009-01-11

靜思晨語--20120120《法譬如水》十纏 (三)  Empty
發表主題: 靜思晨語--20120120《法譬如水》十纏 (三)    靜思晨語--20120120《法譬如水》十纏 (三)  Empty周六 1月 21, 2012 7:44 am

回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20120120《法譬如水》十纏 (三)    靜思晨語--20120120《法譬如水》十纏 (三)  Empty周六 1月 21, 2012 9:32 am

【證嚴上人開示】
十纏之六「眠」 睡眠者 謂人昏懵不惺 常樂睡眠 無所省察也
一早的氣氛十分寧靜,每天早上,當我從大殿旁邊走過去,雖然是很短暫的時間,看到精舍外面周圍的境界,總是感到那分很寧靜輕安自在。可惜時間總是那麼短暫,時間不留予人,人要好好把握時間。
人生幾十年,其實這幾十年的時間並不長,不過,我們生生世世的時間、來來回回,也是看在這幾十年的時間,我們怎麼做。過去生中我們所做的,也是福、也是禍。
為人付出時,就是在造福,結好緣,累積了不少的福緣,像是慈濟這個大團體。我常常都說,感恩,感恩有這麼多人有志一同,大家共同為愛付出,而且付出無所求,付出了還說感恩,這也是我們過去生中所結的緣。
但是在造福緣時,在人群中,難免也會有一些意見不相同,彼此之間意見違背,就會不高興、不痛快,這之間就很輕易會造口業,還是一樣煩惱。不過,我們這一生中,是煩惱多或是歡喜的事較多?也是一樣,過去生中多少時間,造了多少福,或是惡的業。
有一位委員,一家都是慈濟人。他們住在台北,公公就是愛來花蓮,所以人生的最後,他就來到花蓮了。聽到這位公公往生了,我就去看一看,媳婦就對我說:「師父,公公如果聽到師父的名字,來祝福他,他就很歡喜。」我們的常住師父只要來看他,說:「師父關心你,祝福你。」他就很歡喜,所以他在花蓮,八十多歲往生,他覺得很安心,看起來也很安詳。
我就很自然地問他們:「怎麼樣?想把他送去大學嗎(損贈大體)?」
媳婦就對我說:「應該會。」因為他的兒子,也都是慈誠隊,也是委員,也是榮譽董事,現在只等家裡的人大家都來。
我就對老人說:「你很好命!要記得,要快去、快回來,我們現在很需要人,缺你一個人。現在你能去當老師了,師父趕快祝福,讓你趕快去當老師,能去大學裡。」
看起來女兒、媳婦,都有這個意願,連女兒也說:「我自己的也已經簽好了。」也是將來要歸屬在我們的大學,但願他們能夠,家裡人都有這個共識,能過去我們的大學夠,很尊嚴,在那裡有那麼多人照顧他。
所以感覺起來,人生的最後應該是怎麼樣的歸趣?所以佛陀說身體不淨,用這個不淨的身體,去做有益的事;把無用化為大用,對生命的奧秘,讓這些年輕人,去探討生命中的奧秘,這多有價值!感覺起來,應該人生就是這樣。
所以無論是八十歲或是百歲,總是有一天叫做無常。到了百年,無常的一天還是會到。
但是有的人,卻無法按照生命的規劃。像這位老人家,他就知道:「我年紀這麼大了,我回去花蓮好。」按照他人生的規劃回來,能有幾個人呢?
明白觀身不淨的道理
用不淨的身體
去做有益人群的事
就是最有價值的人生

所以佛陀說:「我們人的生命應該要好好把握。」我們要尊重、疼惜生命。生命的價值要好好利用,假使沒有再利用的價值了,就是老、病那時候,尤其是生病時,我們就要心情開闊,看開了,不要身病,心也帶著病,那就苦不堪言。
所以佛陀又作一個譬喻,他說:「如船主棄卻破漏之船。」一旦生病時,就像一艘船,這艘船的主人,看到這艘船已經破了,無法修理,水已經一直漏出來了,那時,船主「毫不顧惜離去」,棄船。船已經破了,就要趕緊棄船、要離開了,要不然也是很危險。
他就拿一個譬喻這麼說:「人身九孔漏水。」就像人有九個孔,自己算算看是不是九個洞呢?你看我,我看你,我們的臉上有七孔,還有大小便二孔,總共有九孔常流不淨物,身體很不淨。
所以我們的身體也像這一艘船,從出生開始就常常在漏了,漏出不清淨的東西。所以我們大家應該,就像要這艘船的主人,看到我們的身體有破漏時,我們也要瀟灑些把船棄掉,好保護我們的生命。所說的「命」就是「慧命」,慧命我們要常常照顧好。
因為這個身體總是不久長,但是身是載道器,我們要修行,也需要這個身體;我們要去做好事情,需要這個身體;我們要和人結好緣,需要這個身體。所以,健康時為人群去付出,沒有健康的身體也不行。
所以,平時要自愛,把身體照顧好,顧好了身體要去做好事,這樣我們的慧命才能成長,不要等到事情做了之後才後悔。
我們常說最大的懲罰就是後悔。好事沒做到,我們也很後悔。做了壞事,和人結了惡緣,我們也很後悔。所以「十纏」中,第五就是「悔」。
悔就是恨的意思,很埋怨,覺得我怎麼沒有得到?我怎麼沒做到?有很多為什麼是他?好的事情為什麼是他得到?怎麼不是我?或是我的努力,無法得到那分目的?等等,就有這種悔恨的心態。
我們心態很複雜,要解釋到底很多。所以說來,這是一種忿,就是恨,心裡很不舒服,這就是悔。悔是得不到,做不到等等,他就會有悔恨。
十纏之五「悔」
悔者恨也
謂所作之過
蒂芥胸臆
不能自安也

不能安心,這種要得得不到,也是不安心。那就像鐵球,球上穿了釘子,這樣在刺撞自己,這種實在很辛苦。你們有沒有看過有人起乩時,或是七爺、八爺路上在迎神,有的插銅針、錘鐵球,自己招來這些東西。應該要趕緊放棄,要不然我們的入心,就一直有芥蒂在我們心裡;像刺球一樣直在我們心中,那就更不能自安,很辛苦。
人有過不悔 罪來趣身
如水歸海 悔過行善
罪自消滅 如病得汗
《四十二章經

意思就是說,我們若是有了過錯,應該要懺悔、懺悔,我們若是不肯懺悔,光是悔恨,那就是苦不堪言了。我們如果做錯了,懺悔就對了,懺悔即清淨。
我們若不懺悔,只是後悔,這樣會很辛苦。
後悔會有恨,懺悔即清淨,所以我們要時時以懺悔的心。有過錯,我們要心生懺悔,趕緊改過,有懺悔心的人,才有改過的機會。所以若不肯懺悔,一次再一次再犯錯,將來罪業累積、累積,將來也是一樣,是我們的身體要去受罪、受報。
這一生沒受到,來生受。所以常說:「萬般帶不去,唯有業隨身。」這一生所造的業力,不夠時間受報,因為你過去的帳還沒算完,是人家欠你?還是你欠人家?還沒有抵銷。所以這一生還沒有時間,好吧,這個帳明天再算,或者是來生來世!
所以「罪來趣身,如水歸海。」很多污水都同樣流入海裡。水不會消失,不是滲地,便是歸海。悔過,我們要趕緊,趕緊悔過行善。我們在懺悔時,就像將我們的業歸入海中,這樣我們要趕緊消除過去的緣,惡緣趕緊消掉,趕緊改為善緣。壞事趕緊去除,趕緊做好事。
只要我們能趕緊改過,罪才能消滅。就像我們感冒了,藥吃了,熱水喝了,趕緊出汗這樣就好了,這就是我們治病的方法。
我們要如何消業?消業的方法,就要趕緊改過自新,這就是消業的方法。
真心懺悔、改過自新
就是消業障最好的方法

人生都說,對啊!修行我們要認真,心裡有污垢,要趕緊去除、消除我們心中的污染,所以我們要趕緊精進。
要!我要精進,但是我很想睡。看,早上那麼早起來,修行好辛苦。你們每天早上都這樣嗎?那麼早,三點多就要起床?是的!這點我就沒有辦法了。多苦啊!
但是只要你在那裡,很快的時間,時間到了,寺院的生活,敲板了,板聲一響,翻個身爬起來;趕緊盥洗了以後,馬上上殿來,也是很輕安!早上這麼好的環境,天未亮,周圍寧靜、蟲聲鳥鳴,多美啊!
每天早上我在這裡坐,最專注的時候,是大地呼吸的聲音,以及蟲叫的聲音,鳥叫的聲音。你們可知道,這麼美的境界,就是因為那麼早起,所以才有這麼美的境界。
修行很好,但是往往只是一個觀念,「睡」!所以修行障礙之一就是睡眠。
不只是修行的障礙,其實求學的障礙、事業的障礙,家庭…,總而言之,人生的障礙就是這個睡眠。
十纏之六「眠」
睡眠者
謂人昏懵不惺
常樂睡眠
無所省察也

我們常說:「死,稱作長眠。」永遠睡下了。其實每個人都有短死,每天都有一次,每天短死一次。幸好,還會醒,我才能在這裡和你們說話,我如果就此長眠,就無法和你們說話了。
這個身體還不是一樣,是一堆灰,或是一堆骨。所以,真正的人生,真正的人生就是會吃飯、會做事,這才是真正的人生。更有價值的人生,就是去利益他人,這就是有價值的人生。
所以能動作的時候,才叫做活著,叫做生活;活生生,還在世,還活著的時候;我們如果睡著了,就像短死,就像死掉了一樣,周圍的環境我們都不知覺了。
所以我們要好好把握時間,不要因為睡眠空過時間。所以「睡眠者」是「人昏懵不惺,常樂睡眠,無所省察也!」佛陀是這麼告訴我們。
所以我們要好好警惕,不要昏昏沈沈地過日子,或是懵懵懂懂空過時日。
所以我們要常常,對人生有所覺察,要省察,所以我們不要空過人生,大家要好好珍惜這個身體,讓這個人身對於人生有價值,不要紛紛擾擾,空空白白過人生。請大家要好好用心啊!
回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20120120《法譬如水》十纏 (三)    靜思晨語--20120120《法譬如水》十纏 (三)  Empty周四 2月 23, 2012 12:46 pm

Lecturer: Master Zheng-Yan
Subject: The Ten Fetters Part 3(十纏三)

The morning atmosphere is very serene. Every morning, as I walk past the Main Hall, though the walk is short, when I see the Abode’s surroundings, I always feel a sense of tranquility, peace and ease. Regrettably, that moment is fleeting. Time waits for no one. We have to seize the moment. A life lasts for a few decades. That is not a very long time, but how we spend our subsequent lifetimes depends upon what we do in those decades. In the past we created both blessings and misfortune. When we give, we create blessings. Building good relationships helps us accumulate blessed affinities.

Just like in Tzu Chi, I often say, “I’m grateful.” I am grateful so many people share the same mission and give out of love, without asking for anything in return. They even thank others for the opportunity to give. This is a result of affinities from our past lives. Yet while creating blessed affinities, it is unavoidable that people have some differences in opinion. When people disagree, they are unhappy and frustrated, so they create bad karma with their speech. This is an affliction.

Whether our present lives are filled with afflictions or happiness depends on how much time we spent creating blessings versus how much time we spent creating bad karma in our past lives. There was a Tzu Chi Commissioner whose entire family volunteered with Tzu Chi. They lived in Taipei. The father loved to visit Hualien. Near the end of his life, he came to Hualien. After I heard that he passed away, I paid the family a visit. The daughter-in-law told me, “Whenever my father-in-law heard that you wished him well, he was happy. When nuns from the Abode visited and told him you cared, and wished him well, he’d be very happy. So when he passed away in Hualien, after living for over 80 years, he felt at peace. He looked serene.”

Naturally I asked them, “Are you thinking about donating his body to the University?” She told me, “Yes, I think so.” His son was also a member of the Faith Corps and a Commissioner and an Honorary Board Member. They were just waiting for everyone to arrive. So I told the deceased elder, “You had a good life, come back to us soon. We really need people, and we miss you. Now you will be a ‘Silent Mentor’. I will quickly wish you well so you can be a ‘Silent Mentor’ at the University. It seems that your daughter and daughter-in-law wish the same for you.” The daughter even said, “I signed up, too.” She planned to donate her body to the University. I hope their family can share this understanding and come to our university to see how respectfully everyone there treats his body. They can see how people should head toward their destiny at the end of their lives.

The Buddha said the body is impure. We can use this impure body to benefit others and make great use of the useless. We can allow these young people to delve into the mysteries and wonders of life. This is invaluable. I think life should be this way. Whether we live to be 80 or 100, our death is still inevitable. Even if we live 100 years, we will die some day. Yet some refuse to accept the course of life. This old gentleman recognized the fact that he was old, so he decided to come to Hualien. How many people can live according to their plans?

We understand the truth that the body is impure. When we use that impure body to do things that benefit humanity, our lives are most valuable.

The Buddha said, “Make good use of life.” We need to respect and treasure life and make good use of our potential. When we can no longer make use of our potential because we are old or sick, especially if we are sick, we need to cheer up and have an open mind. Do not allow illness to spread to the mind. That is unspeakably painful. The Buddha made another analogy; He said, “It’s as if the owner abandoned a leaking ship.” When a person is sick, he is like the owner of a ship who sees that his ship has been damaged beyond repair. The ship is taking on water, so “the owner abandons it without hesitation.” It is wrecked, so he must abandon it. He has to leave, or he will be in danger.

Another analogy went like this, “The nine orifices of the body discharge liquids.” A person has nine orifices. Count to see if you have nine orifices. Let us look at each other. We have seven orifices on the head and two in the body for excretion. In sum, the nine orifices discharge impurities. The body is truly impure. So the body is like this ship. We start discharging impurities at birth. So we should be like the owner of ship. When we see that our body’s damage is beyond repair, we should decisively abandon ship to protect our Wisdom-life.

We should take good care of our Wisdom-life. A body is not enduring, but it is a vehicle for spiritual cultivation we need this body. To perform good deeds, we need this body. To create good affinities with others, we need this body. So we must benefit humanity while we are healthy. We cannot do it without a healthy body. We must love ourselves and take care of our health. With a healthy body we can do good and foster our Wisdom-life. It is too late to regret something afterwards. We say the biggest punishment is regret. If we do not perform good deeds, we will regret it. If we create bad affinities and do bad things, we will also regret it.

So the fifth of the Ten Fetters is Regret. Regret is resentment. We complain, “Why didn’t I get that?” “Why didn’t I do that?” “Why did he get all the good things?” “Why not me?” “Why can’t my efforts get the desired results?” We have this regret and resentment. Our feelings are very complicated. It is hard to explain. Generally speaking, it is a kind of resentment and discomfort. That is regret. We are regretful and resentful if we cannot get or do something, etc.

“The mistakes we make stay in our minds, and we cannot be at peace.” When we pursue something and cannot get what we want, we cannot be at peace. This is like hitting ourselves with a flail, a spiky metal ball. It is really painful. Have you seen people channel spirits, or the processions welcoming deities? Some people are pierced with needles or hit with iron balls. If we bring these things upon ourselves, we should let them go at once. Otherwise they remain in our minds like a spiky ball. We will be in pain.

“If we are unrepentant, evil follows us like water returning to the sea.” “If we repent and do good, evil vanishes like sickness relieved by perspiration.”

This means if we make a mistake, we must repent. If we do not repent and simply regret and resent, we will suffer unspeakably. If we make a mistake, the right thing to do is to repent. Repentance brings purity. If we do not repent and only regret, life will be difficult. Regret leads to resentment. Repentance can cleanse us. So we must always be repentant. When we make a mistake we have to repent and quickly make changes. Only a repentant person will change. An unrepentant person will make the same mistakes repeatedly, accumulate bad karma and continue to suffer pain and retribution in the future, if not in this life, then in the next.

So I often say, “We cannot bring anything with us but karma.” There is not enough time in one life to face the retribution from our karma. We have not even settled all our past debts. Whether others owe us or we are indebted to them, the account has not been settled. So if we do not have enough time in this life, we will settle it in a future life. “Evil follows us like water returning to the sea.” A lot of dirty water ends up in the sea. Water does not disappear. It seeps into the ground or returns to the sea. To repent, we must repent at once and do good. When we repent, it is like dissolving our karma into the sea. We need to eliminate our debts. We must transform bad affinities into good ones. We need to stop bad things and do good things. If we can change, we can eliminate wrongdoings. When we have a cold, we take medicine and drink hot water to sweat it out. That is how we cure ourselves. How do we eliminate karma? We must change and improve ourselves at once. That is how we eliminate karma.

Genuine repentance and rectifying mistakes are the best ways to eliminate bad karma.

Everyone says, “Yes, we must practice earnestly. We must eliminate defilements from our minds.” So we need to be diligent. “Yes, I want to be diligent, but I really want to sleep. It’s difficult to wake up early to practice. Do you wake up before 4 AM every morning?” “Yes.” “Oh, I can’t do that, it is hard.”

But once you are there, time passes quickly. In the monastery, when it is time, at the sound of the wake-up board we have to get up. After we wash ourselves we go into the Hall. We are at peace. The surroundings are so nice in the morning. Before dawn, everything is calm. The sounds of insects and birds are beautiful. Every morning I sit here and when my focus id at its peak, I can hear the sound of the earth breathing, the sounds of the insects, and the sounds of the birds. Have you ever experienced something this beautiful? We experience it because we wake up so early. Engaging in practice is good, but is often hindered by the idea of sleep. Sleep is an obstacle to spiritual practice. It is actually also an obstruction to our careers and our studies. In short, sleep is an obstacle in our lives.

The sixth of the Ten Fetters is Sleepiness. One who sleeps can become dazed and deluded. One who often enjoys sleep lacks self-awareness.

We say, “Death is permanent sleep. It is an eternal sleep. Everyone experiences a brief death every day. It is a good thing we wake up; that way I can speak to you now. If I sleep eternally, then I can longer speak to you. This body is just a heap of ash or bones.

To truly live this life, we must eat and do things mindfully. That is a true life. To live a more valuable life, we should engage in benefitting others. When we can do things, we are alive, and that is called living. We are truly alive. Sleep is a brief death. It is like dying because we are unaware of our surroundings. So we must seize the moment and not waste our time with sleep. “One who sleeps can become dazed and deluded. One who often enjoys sleep lacks self-awareness.” That is what the Buddha told us.

So we must be vigilant and not live life in a daze or waste it in a haze. Therefore, we must constantly reflect and be aware of our lives. We must not waste our lives. We must cherish this body and use it to make life more valuable. Do not waste life on distractions. Please everyone be mindful.
(Source: Da Ai TV 靜思晨語 法譬如水)
回頂端 向下

靜思晨語--20120120《法譬如水》十纏 (三)
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: 靜思晨語 :: 靜思晨語--法譬如水-
前往: