Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

靜思晨語--20120626《法譬如水》四種觀行(八)

向下 
發表人內容
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

文章總數 : 29096
年齡 : 70
來自 : 台中
威望 : 1661
注冊日期 : 2009-01-11

靜思晨語--20120626《法譬如水》四種觀行(八)  Empty
發表主題: 靜思晨語--20120626《法譬如水》四種觀行(八)    靜思晨語--20120626《法譬如水》四種觀行(八)  Empty周二 6月 26, 2012 10:51 pm

回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20120626《法譬如水》四種觀行(八)    靜思晨語--20120626《法譬如水》四種觀行(八)  Empty周三 6月 27, 2012 11:30 pm

【證嚴上人開示】
復應各起四種觀行
以為滅罪方便
何等為四
一者觀於因緣
二者觀於果報
三者觀我自身
四者觀如來身

我們之前已經說過因緣果報,我們要有因緣觀,果報觀,無因不成緣,沒有果就不成報。
所以因緣無因不成果,無緣不成報,所以因緣果報,纏得我們無法出離。所以我們現在,就要好好來「觀」。
第三觀就是要「觀我自身」,所以我們現在,要好好把自己照顧好,我們自己的身體,觀身要如何?不淨。對,我們要時時觀察,自己的身體是不淨。即使如此健康的時刻,雖然每天起床動作是如此伶俐,很自由,呼吸很順暢。雖然我們知道,這個時刻是健康的。但是健康,接下來我們要盥洗,才能上大殿。想想看,當我們調息之後,我們就開始,下床後第一個動作是什麼?就要進去洗手間,我們要盥洗;甚至我們體內,稍微想想看,大小便利一切都要很順暢,這才是真的健康。但是健康時有沒有想到?這個時刻我們已經證明,在我們體內充滿了不乾淨物。所以觀身不淨,假使身體四大不調,病人有了病痛自己不自由,連盥洗的自由都沒了。
每天早上都聽志工早會,聽到志工面對患者,不論是從急診送來的,或是住院中所看到的,我們所聽到的很多。
我們聽到臺中志工分享,一位從急診送進來,一位已經病入膏肓,很嚴重。到底他是如何長期累積這個身體,以致於病得那麼重?甚至家屬沒人肯理睬他,送來丟到急診室?
經過側面瞭解,這個人平時喝酒吸毒,已經全身是病,而且親戚朋友唾棄,所以現在惹來一身病痛。
在急診室時,當醫師正為他急救時,大小便整個排出來。我們應該都聽到了,說整個急診室非常臭;病人在那裡也無法接受;病人的家屬很多,大家都避開了。這種措手不及,讓人覺得非常尷尬的場面,要怎麼辦呢?當然志工,醫護人員,趕快及時合作,將這個人趕緊扶到盥洗室。當場那麼臭的東西,不論是病床上,或是地上滿滿都是,要怎麼辦呢?很多人動手趕快整理,還要經過一番消毒,還要用香水掩蓋那種臭氣沖天。一個人的身體,竟然送來醫院急救處理中,從體內排出的就是這樣。不只是這位病人,其實連健康人也一樣。
所以佛陀就告訴我們,我們要時時「觀我自身」,觀身不淨。雖然我們也很有福,能得此人身,人身雖然不乾淨,不過,身為載道器。我們在過去生中,應該有好因好緣,所以才能報得,今生此世還是個人身。
更難得的,是我們能得聞正法。不只是能知道佛,我們還能接近佛陀的正法,我們沒有迷失,沒有偏差,這也是我們的福報。讓我們大家自己都知道,知道我們有與佛同等,清淨靈覺的本性,我們都知道。
第三觀我自身
雖有正因靈覺之性
而為煩惱黑暗叢林
之所覆蔽

「雖有正因靈覺之性」,我們有正因靈覺之性;我們雖然知道,「而為煩惱黑暗叢林之所覆蔽」。雖然我們明知,我們已有與佛同等清淨的本性,這個靈覺非常清淨,這個本性我們都有;只是我們還是凡夫,我們還是受到煩惱黑暗叢林所覆蔽。
所以常常說,光明和黑暗是一體兩面,就如將一隻手伸出來,來,將掌心反過來,是手背,同樣一隻手,是一體的。手背和手心是同一體的,只是兩面而已。以覺和迷同樣,是一體,但是兩面;光明與黑暗是一樣的,只是兩面。
所以凡夫本來和佛一樣,佛和我們凡夫也一樣,因為佛陀他也有壽命的限制,來到人間八十歲,所以世壽有八十的限制。佛陀和我們一樣有形命,也有生老病的變異形態,所以說來,都是不變的原則,自然原則都是一樣,但是我們全都完全被迷惑了。
所以,前面我們已經知道,苦因苦果就是,來自我們過去所造作的業;所以得到苦果,沉溺下去就無窮盡了。若是凡夫,受了這種煩惱苦果時,還不覺悟,如此,業愈造愈多,苦的果報就愈沉愈深。就像在大海中,抱著石頭沉入海中一樣,愈沉愈深,這就是我們凡夫,靈覺若不現前,其實靈覺本具,只是沒有現前。所以我們常常都要警愓自己,我們現在就要觀自身。
我們一定在過去生中,或是今生此世,我們在不知覺中,結了惡緣,種了惡因,不好的因,不好的緣,當然這輩子所受的,也是苦樂參半,很慶幸,能得到人身來修行;很懊惱,不能人人都是很好的緣。
所以我們也有起心動念,煩惱的時候,所以我們真正要時時警惕。得到什麼樣的緣,給我們什麼樣的煩惱,我們都要時時浮現懺悔、懺悔。培養這分懺悔的念頭,我們自然能苦因少種,惡緣就少結,所以我們就能增長福因好緣。
無明生起時
心中若能浮現懺悔心
就能及時消滅惡因、惡緣
增長福因好緣

我們聽到同樣是,醫院的志工分享,一位九十八歲的老公公,這位老先生已經九十八歲了,某一天突然間他跌倒了,跌倒的刹那間,「對不起,我跌倒了。」先道歉,跌倒後的第一句話是:「對不起,我跌倒了。」他的子孫聽到了趕緊跑過來,趕緊將阿公送到醫院。經過醫師診斷,是骨頭斷了,老人禁不起跌,臀部的骨頭斷了,就趕緊幫阿公處理住院。
醫師考慮,年紀這麼大了,是不是需要幫他開刀?先檢查。在這之間,我們的志工,看到他的子孫很孝順,一直和醫師商量討論,如何能減輕阿公的痛苦?如何能讓阿公,再恢復他的生活品質?看到子孫這麼疼惜阿公,我們的委員,我們的志工,就走近家屬去了解。
其中一位孫媳婦,告訴我們的志工:「我們的阿公是很好的阿公,他平時很有修養,我們幫他做了什麼事,都會跟我們說,感恩!謝謝!都是說好話。就是不知道為什麼會跌這一跤?」
其他的志工在安撫阿公,聽到孫媳婦說的話,就問阿公:「阿公,聽說你跌倒時,喊了對不起,你跌倒為什麼要說對不起?」
阿公就說:「我跌倒那時候,一個念頭就想到,我現在跌倒如果怎麼了,會拖累我的子孫。所以我一跌倒,就是給子孫添麻煩,所以我就說對不起了。」
你看,老人已經培養,這麼好的習慣,對子孫抱持感恩心,不論人家給他什麼東西,他就是:「感恩,謝謝。」把自己的身體照顧好,跌倒時他知道會拖累子孫,他第一句話就先說對不起。
我們聽聽看,這就是一個習氣,好的習氣。他時時都在種好因,好的習氣,他時時都和人結好緣,已經九十八歲了。相信他這種好的習氣,又讓子孩那麼疼愛,孝順;相信這位阿公,在醫院治療的過程,應該很順利能够恢復。
在我們的醫院中,(2006年)不也是有一位,已經一百零五歲的阿嬤。她也是跌了一跤,也是骨頭斷了。一百零五歲了,醫療團隊竟然能幫她開刀,她還是恢復了。
過年不是又來看師父嗎?在醫院很快就能出院了,但是她說:「不要,我要等師父回來,看到師父之後我才要出院。」她就說她要皈依。
我說:「要皈依你就要當委員。」
她的媳婦雖然也是六,七十歲了,「好啊!我婆婆若是當委員,我再替她收款。」
你看,她跌了一跤,除了她自己,原來她這麼有修養,子孫媳婦這麼孝順,她的養生之道沒有別的,就是心寬念純,這也是現身在教育我們。
加上這位九十八歲的阿公,也是這麼有修養,他這麼長壽,雖然跌了一跤,雖然骨頭斷了,相信他也是能讓醫療團隊照顧,他的子孫這麼孝順,一樣也能恢復過來。
所以我們應該在生活中,要向這種老人看齊,這也是我們的老師。何況我們現在能聞佛法,了解人人有正因靈覺之性,豈能將平時的煩惱,再招來我們心中?煩惱在我們的心中,就像進入黑暗的叢林中,不見天日,這樣正思,正見,正解就難了。
好吧!各位,時時我們都要觀自己本身,不論是一早起床,我們能手腳靈活,調息順暢,我們應該好好觀身不淨,何況身外無常異變,常常都在變遷,光是看到剛才你們出來時,天還是暗的,現在已經天亮了,這種大自然的法則,都是不斷無常遷變,所以我們應該要時時守護一念,我們要多用心!
回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20120626《法譬如水》四種觀行(八)    靜思晨語--20120626《法譬如水》四種觀行(八)  Empty周三 7月 04, 2012 8:58 pm

Lecturer: Master Zheng-Yan
Subject: The Four Methods of Contemplation Part 8 (四種觀行八)

Apply the Four Methods of Contemplation as skillful means to eliminate transgressions. What are the Four Methods? First, contemplate causes and conditions. Second, contemplate effects and retributions. Third, contemplate one’s body. Fourth, contemplate the Tathagata-body.

Earlier we spoke about the karmic law of cause and effect. Without causes, there will be no conditions. Without effects, there will be no retributions. This is the karmic law of cause and effect. Without causes, there will be no effects. Without conditions, there will be no retributions.

Karmic retributions bind us so we cannot escape. Now we need to focus on the Four Contemplations. The third is to “contemplate one’s body.” We need to take good care of ourselves. We need to contemplate our body. How do we contemplate our body? As impure. We must always contemplate the impurity of our bodies, even if we are healthy at the moment. Every day we can nimbly get out of bed, and more freely and breathe smoothly. Even though we know that we are healthy at this moment, we still have to wash up before we go to the Great Hall.

Think about it. After we wake up, what is the first thing we do when we get out of bed? We go to the bathroom to wash up. Let us think about what is going on in our bodies. Stool and urine must pass smoothly for us to be truly healthy. Even when we are healthy, our bodies are still filled with impurities. So, contemplate the body as impure. If the Four Elements are not balanced, illness arises, and we lose freedom of action. Many lose the capability to even wash themselves.

Every morning, during the volunteers’ assembly, commissioners share stories of patients from the emergency room and the hospital wards. We hear so many stories. A volunteer from Taichung shared a story from the emergency room. A patient was gravely ill. It must have developed over a long-period of time. What happened to him to make him so ill? Even his family refused to look after him; they left him at the emergency room. From what we understand, he was an alcoholic and a drug addict. His body was riddled with illness, and he was spurned by family and friends. So, he had become very sick. As the doctor treated him in the emergency room, he defecated and urinated uncontrollably. We all heard about the stench in the ER. Other patients found the smell unbearable, even their visiting family members fled. It was an unexpected and awkward situation. What could be done? The volunteers and medical staff quickly got together and ushered him to the bathroom. The waste reeked and covered the bed and the floor. What could they do? Volunteers cleaned and disinfected the room and masked the stench with air freshener. A patient being treated in emergency care sometimes excretes these kinds of things.

This can happen to healthy people as well. So the Buddha taught us that. We have to constantly contemplate our body. Contemplate the body as impure. We are very fortunate to have this human body. Although it is not clean, it is still a vessel for our spiritual practice. In our past lives, we must have sown good seeds and created good affinities to attain a human body in this lifetime. Even more precious is the opportunity for us to hear the Right Dharma. Not only do we know of the Buddha, we have the opportunity to study His teachings. We are neither lost nor gone astray. This is our blessed retribution. This assures us that we have the same pure and enlightened nature as the Buddha. We know all this.

Third, contemplate one’s body. Though we have a nature with the True Causes of Awakening, it is covered by the dark forest of afflictions. “Though we have a nature with the True Causes of Awakening.”

Our nature has the True Causes of Awakening. We know this but “it is covered by the dark forest of afflictions.” Though we know that we possess the same pure nature as the Buddha, a very pure and enlightened nature, we are still unenlightened people so we are still obscured by the darkness of afflictions. We often say light and dark are two sides of the same coin. It is like stretching out a hand. Opposite our palm is the back of the hand. It is the same hand, the same object. The palm and the back are part of the same hand. They are simply different sides.

So enlightenment and delusion are two sides of the same thing. Just as light and dark are two sides of the same thing, ordinary people are like the Buddha. The Buddha was also just like us. Even the length of the Buddha’s life was limited. He only lived to eighty years old. Eighty years is an average life span. The Buddha had a physical form, just like us. He went through birth, aging and illness. These are unchanging principles. The natural laws are the same for everyone, but we are deluded. Previously, we learned that the causes and effects of suffering come from the karma we have created in the past. When we experience painful results, the downward spiral is endless. If ordinary people remain unaware after enduring afflictions and suffering, they create more karma and sink deeper into painful retributions.

It is like carrying a large rock while trying to swim in the ocean. We sink deeper and deeper. Even if ordinary people do not manifest their innate awareness they still possess it. It just has not surfaced. So we must always remind ourselves to contemplate our bodies. In our past or present lives, we must have unconsciously created bad affinities and sown bad seeds. With bad causes and bad affinities, we experience a mixture of sorrow and joy. Luckily, we have a body we can use for spiritual cultivation. Sadly, we do not have good affinities with everyone.

So we may have afflicted thoughts. We must always be vigilant of the types of affinities we cultivate, which determine the types of afflictions we experience. We must always nurture thoughts of repentance. Then we plant fewer seeds of suffering, create fewer bad affinities, and increase our blessed causes and conditions.

When ignorance arises, if repentance also arises, one can eliminate evil causes and conditions, and blessed causes and conditions will increase.

Another hospital volunteer shared a story about a 98 year-old man. This old man suddenly fell down one day. When he fell, he immediately said “I’m sorry. I fell.” The first thing he said was an apology. “I’m sorry. I fell.” His family heard and rushed to his side. They immediately brought him to the hospital. The doctor determined that he broke his hip bone. Older people’s bodies do not withstand falls well. They admitted him to the hospital. The doctors considered whether to operate or not since he is so old. So they arranged a check-up first.

During that time, our volunteers saw how filial his children and grandchildren were. With the doctors, they discussed how to minimize his pain and how to restore his quality of life. Our Commissioners and volunteers saw how much they cherished him. They wanted to learn more about this family. One of his granddaughters-in-law told them, “Grandpa is so wonderful. His is very well-cultivated. Whenever we help him do something, he always says thank you. He always says good things. We don’t know how he fell.” The other volunteers were comforting the old man. When they heard what she said, they asked him, “Grandpa, we heard that you yelled sorry as you fell. Why did you that?”
He said, “As I fell, I first thought about how I would become a burden to my family because of this fall. My accident may add to their troubles, so I apologized.”

This old man has nurtured this good habit. He is always grateful to his family. Whenever they helped him, he always thanked them. He also took good care of his health. As he fell, he knew he would be a burden to them, so his first reaction was to apologize. You see, this is a habit, a good habit. He is always planting good seeds. With good habits, he always created good affinities. He is already 98 years old. I believe his family members cherish him and are filial because of his good habits. I believe he will have a successful treatment and smooth recovery.

In 2006, there was a woman at our hospital who was already 105 years old. She also fell and broke her bones. She was 105, but the medical team was able to operate. She also recovered. She visited me again during New Year. She was to be discharged, but she said, “No, I am waiting for Master Cheng Ten. I won’t leave until I see her.” She said she wanted to take refuge.
I said, “Then you have to be a Commissioner.”
Her daughter-in-law who was around 60 or 70 said, “Ok, if my mother-in-law becomes a Commissioner, I’ll collect the donations for her.”
You see, after this accident, we could see not only how well-cultivated she was, but also how filial her family was. Her simple way of life was to have an open heart and a pure mind. So she also taught us by example.

The 98-year-old grandfather was also well-cultivated. He has such longevity! Although he fell and broke his hip, with the care of the medical team and his filial family, he should recover. So in our daily lives, we should learn from these seniors. They are our teachers, too.

Moreover, when we hear the Dharma, we understand that our nature has the True Causes of Awakening. So why do we still allow ordinary afflictions to enter our minds? Having afflictions in our minds is like entering a dark forest where we cannot see the light. It will be difficult to maintain right thinking, right view and right understanding.

Everyone, we must always contemplate our bodies. Even when we can get out of bed, move about and breathe easily, we should recognize that the body is impure. Everything is impermanent and even-changing. When you came earlier, the sky was still dark. Now it is bright. Constant change is a law of nature. So we really have to safeguard our thoughts. We should always be mindful.
(Source: Da Ai TV 靜思晨語 法譬如水)
回頂端 向下

靜思晨語--20120626《法譬如水》四種觀行(八)
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: 靜思晨語 :: 靜思晨語--法譬如水-
前往: