Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

靜思晨語—20120912《法譬如水》信因畏果

向下 
發表人內容
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

文章總數 : 29041
年齡 : 70
來自 : 台中
威望 : 1661
注冊日期 : 2009-01-11

靜思晨語—20120912《法譬如水》信因畏果 Empty
發表主題: 靜思晨語—20120912《法譬如水》信因畏果   靜思晨語—20120912《法譬如水》信因畏果 Empty周三 9月 12, 2012 4:52 pm

回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語—20120912《法譬如水》信因畏果   靜思晨語—20120912《法譬如水》信因畏果 Empty周三 9月 12, 2012 7:09 pm

【證嚴上人開示】

信因畏果,我們人人應該要時時,有這分真誠的心,一定要相信佛陀所說的教法,我們要信因畏果。

我們這麼多天以來,不就是一直要大家,真正相信因果?因是一顆種子,你過去種了什麼樣的種子,今生得到什麼樣的形,這都是自做自受。所以我們要用真誠的心,來接受這種因果觀。

既然我們這麼虔誠,可以接受因果觀,我們應該要發心立願,將我們的心,時時照顧得正而不偏邪,時時逢人結好緣。無論他以什麼形態,加諸我們身上,我們都要以歡喜心去接受。

我們應該要知道感業受報,為善者得樂,為惡者就得苦,所以苦樂隨因緣果報而來。我們學佛者若人人知道,如此,心就可以常常很平靜。

欠了,欠了人就要還人家,所以常說世間都是相互欠債。是的,欠了!欠債還債。過去你虐待人,現在被虐待也是應該的;你過去若傷害了人,現在被人傷害,這也是順理成章的。所以全都要甘願。

所以現在這段文字這麼說:

既有如是

無量種種 諸惡果報

是故至誠 求哀懺悔

一切都不離因緣果報,既然知道了,我們要提起至誠這念心,所以「至誠求哀懺悔」。

接下來再說:

弟子眾等

自從無始以來

至於今日 有此心識

常懷慘毒 無慈愍心

這就是我們要懺悔的地方。

所以弟子眾等,意思就是我們都是佛的弟子。我們要從內心,最至誠的表達出來,無始以來,我們殺業到底做了多少,我們全都不知道。不過,不論多久多久以前,做了多少多少的業;過去我們既然不知道,今生此世我們已經有了因緣,得為人身,聽聞佛法,了解道理,今日開始,我應該知道有這個心識,心識是在善惡中。

不是常說,我們有八識,八識之前有六根六識,第七識就是感受做作。

八識:
1.眼識 2.耳識

3.鼻識 4.舌識

5.身識 6.意識

7.末那識 8.阿賴耶識

你看到了之後,很生氣,沒有當場發作,但是埋怨的念放在心裡,想要如何去造作。看一個田字下面又一個心字,這是把惡的種子埋到田裡,用心不斷去耕作,耕作之後就現形了。

所以思考之後,現在身形中去造作出來;無論是自作或是教人作;無論是身做,或是口做;有的人用嘴巴去搬弄是非,去唆使人感情離異。人家說:「嘴這把刀,比有形的刀子還利,會傷人。」

或是身去造作,身會殺、盜、淫。這在一般社會法律而言,傷害人是預謀傷害、或是臨時起意傷害、或是無意傷害,這有幾種。

預謀傷害就是,這個「思」在第七識中,第七識就是會造作的思想,接受外面的境界,放在內心,內心一直去設計造作,有朝一日它現形出來。做了之後的結果,就是在第八識中。所以最厲害的是第七識。第八識傻傻的,反正「你做我受」;第七識完全是在造作的。

前面六識就是對境,對境之後就會收納;第七識就會去造作,第八識就是接受。所以我們過去就是這樣過來了。

第八識所囤積的惡因,就隨著我們的業力走,所以這個地方說「有此心識」,因為我們相信,學佛之後,我們已經知道,知道人人都有這個「心」。

這念心的識,心識其實是善惡無記的。既然我們與生俱有佛性,佛性很清淨,人人本具,應該是善的;但是這個心識,心的意識,若被外面的境界、外面的緣,把它埋覆掉了,本具的佛性被掩蓋了。

不斷帶來的果、因。因緣果報不斷帶著,因緣果報在每一生每一世,一直造作,不斷造業,不斷受業,不斷再造業。這種感因受報,這樣不斷累積下去,愈累積愈多,愈積愈多,所以業力愈多,這樣就「常懷慘毒」。

因為這種「惡因、惡緣」,常常呈現在我們的生活周圍裡,所以難免我們已經,習氣一直都很淺、很浮,很快就發作出來。所以這也是一種病毒,這種病毒常常現前,所以「常懷慘毒」。

人人的心都有這種慘毒,這種心念有時也會,自己無法控制下來。你怎會那麼愛發脾氣,一發脾氣就有這種動作,要打人、要…等等,會虐待人,這種虐待狂,這種心念。

「你為什麼要這樣?」

等到過了之後,就說:「我也很後悔,我自己就是控制不住。」

這叫做習氣,這種習氣是累生累世,一直帶來的,我們今天應該要知道,知道人人都有這個心識,只是他習以為常,心,常常被惡的拉過去。所以因為如此,才會「遇境逢緣,不自作宰」。

因為我們的心在善惡的邊界中,我們若遇到境界,或是遇上緣,所以叫做遇境逢緣,我們不自作宰,自己沒辦法,由不得自己就被拖走了。「常為瞋毒忿恨所使」,我們的心常常在瞋毒,受到惡因惡緣所牽引,拖著我們跟著它去造業,所以常常都有瞋惡忿恨的心態。

這若沒有常常提起警覺,真的我們慈悲憫念的善心,無法發顯。

心若時常處於惡念中

一旦受到境界牽引
身行就容易造業

慈悲憫念的善心

將無法發顯出來

我們現在既然知道道理,我們要自己提高警覺。事情過了就好,不可常常記恨在心,我們還要更進步,要寬心,念要單純一點。

不要常常積恨、常常積氣;氣積久了就變怨了,怨積久了就變恨了,恨積久了就去造作,造作了就結冤仇了。

所以結恨、結怨連仇,這樣一直和人結怨,一直連仇下去,真的是很可怕。

過去,佛陀本生經,有一段經文:

有一世生為象王,這隻象王有二個妻子,有一回牠在蓮池中,得到一朵很香很美的花,牠把它挖起來,送給大太太。

大太太收到這朵花很高興,在這個時候冰天雪地,蓮池竟然能開出這朵花這麼美,很歡喜。

但是姨太太,就是做小的,看到這朵這麼美的花,送給大太太,姨太太很生氣,就生恨了。生出恨心就說:「我來生絕對用很慘毒,加諸在你身上,絕對要報復。」這樣那念恨與惡的心糾結在心,沒多久,姨太太這隻象往生了。

她生在四姓之家,生下來就很美,不只美,還很聰明;不只是聰明,還能知天文地理。國王聽到了,就將她娶進宮,很多國政都和她論政。她參政很多,所以她說的話,他都順從她。

有一回,這個姨太太告訴國王:「國王,我做了一個夢,在深山裡有一頭象,這頭象有六支牙,有六支的牙,我很喜愛。我要這些象牙來做我的妝飾。」

國王說:「怎麼會象有六支牙呢?不可能的事。」

她說:「你若沒辦法取來給我,我就想死。」

「怎麼可以呢?」

於是趕緊召集大臣,四位大臣來到面前。國王他將這個夢,說成是自己夢見的,他說:「我做了這個夢,有一頭象有六支牙,象牙很美,我很想要,你們是不是可以為我取來?」

這四位大臣之一說:「這是不可能的事。」

第二個說:「國王,這個夢一定不是你做的。」

第三個就說:「這種象,好像在某座深山裡應該有。」

第四個就說:「我曾聽過,確實在很遙遠很遙遠的地方,有這頭象。」

趕緊將全國四方的獵師,都召集過來,「是不是有這樣的事?」

其中一位獵人說:「有!我的祖父告訴我的父親。我曾聽過,但是很遠,不知道在哪裡。」

這位王妃就說:「我知道在哪裡。你若有心,向南方走三千里路,到了那裡有一座山,那座山你爬上去,往南走。在那之間,你若要取這頭象的牙,進入深山,在路邊你去挖一個坑,扮作出家人;因為這頭象非常敬奉三寶。所以你若是打扮成出家人、剃掉頭髮、修掉鬍鬚、披上法服,你若躲在坑裡,象王來時,你就有機會殺傷牠,能取牠的象牙。」

就這樣,真的順著她的話那樣走、那樣做,挖了坑躲在裡面,沒多久這頭象出現了,他就順勢殺了這頭象。象看到是一位出家人,牠雖然很痛苦,還是雙腳跪下,就問:「這位道人,你是修行者,為何還要害我呢?」

他說:「我要你的牙。」

牠說:「好,你趕快拿走,我現在很痛苦,你要我的牙,你趕快拿走,不要讓我的心在疼痛中生恨,趁這個時候趕快把牙拿走。」

他趕緊拿了牙。牠就說:「牙若拿了,你要趕快離開這個地方,趁我的象群還沒到達,不要讓牠們找到你的腳印,你要趕快離開。」

取牙的人離開了,牠痛,象王很痛,痛得忍不住在打滾、悲鳴,就死了。

象,象群都來了,到底象王是怎麼受傷?牙怎麼不見的?但是找不到腳印。

象牙取得到了皇宮裡,國王看到了心生恐懼,很害怕。王妃拿到,在看的時候,突然間雷震,閃雷雷震這樣打死、吐血。這是一段經文。

佛就說:「那頭象王就是我,那位獵人就是提婆達多;那位王妃,就是一個惡人婦。她因為這樣結怨連仇、去造作,再轉為人身,她還是積了怨恨。」

你們想,這種恨心、怨恨多麼可怕!從畜生道,好不容易可以做人,在做人當中還是恨心未消。

所以說來,我們要相信因果,要培養我們真誠的心,我們要正心結好緣;我們要知道感業受報,要很甘願,苦樂隨緣因果。

所以大家要時時多用心。
回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語—20120912《法譬如水》信因畏果   靜思晨語—20120912《法譬如水》信因畏果 Empty周六 9月 22, 2012 8:36 pm

Lecturer: Master Zheng-Yan
Subject: The Power of Cause and Effect (
信因畏果)

Believe in and fear the cycle of cause and effect. Always be sincere and believe in the Buddha’s teachings. We must believe in and fear cause and effect.

Lately, we have been discussing the importance of believing in the cycle of cause and effect. Causes are seeds. The seeds we have planted in the past determined the form we took in this life. We reap what we sow. So, we should sincerely accept the law of cause and effect. If we can accept it with reverence, then we should resolve to discipline our minds so that we may always create good affinities with others. Regardless of how others treat us, we should accept it with joy.

We must understand karma and retribution. Those who are kind find joy, while wrongdoers receive suffering. Both suffering and joy come from cause and effect. As Buddhists, if we can understand this, our minds will always remain tranquil. We must repay what we owe others. People say, “We must owe each other a karmic debt.” When there is debt, one must repay it. If you abused someone in the past, you may be abused now. If you harmed someone in the past, someone may harm you now. With this logic, we can willingly accept everything.

The next passage indicates, “Since we have these countless, varied, negative retributions, we must sincerely repent.”

Everything is related to cause and effect. When we understand this, we should be reverent and “sincerely repent.”

Next, the passage reads, “We disciples, from Beginningless Time till now have always held cruel and unkind thoughts.”

This is what we should repent. As disciples of the Buddha, we should express our deep sincerity. “From Beginningless Time till now,” we do not know how much karma we have created. Though it has been such a long time, and we created so much karma, we were unaware of it. But since we now have the causes and conditions to be born human, to hear the Buddha-Dharma and to understand the principles, starting now, we should understand that our consciousness fluctuates between good and evil.

I often say that humans have Eight Consciousnesses. First are the Six Consciousnesses of the Six Roots. The Seventh Consciousness creates emotions. If you see something and become angry, but do not react right away and instead bury the resentment in your mind and plot how you will take action, it is like you are planting seeds in your mind. When bad seeds are planted and nurtured in our minds, they will eventually manifest.

So, after we think about something, we will take some kind of action, whether ourselves, or through someone else. Some people create trouble through words by setting people against each other. They say that the mouth is sharper than knives, and words can hurt others. Some engage in acts of killing, stealing or sexual misconduct. According to common law, there is a difference between premeditated assault, assault committed on impulse, and unintentional assault.

There are different kinds. A premeditated crime involves thoughts within the Seventh Consciousness, the part of the mind that generates actions. After coming in contact with external phenomena, we may keep them in our minds. Then we continue to think about them and plan until one day they will manifest as actions. Once action has been taken, it is stored in the Eighth Consciousness. So, the Seventh Consciousness is the worst. The Eighth Consciousness simply receives what the Seventh Consciousness creates. The first Six Consciousness interact with external states and bring them in. Then the Seventh Consciousness processes and the Eighth Consciousness stores. This is how it has always been. The Eighth Consciousness stores all bad causes, so we are led by these karmic forces.

That is why it says we hold these thoughts. After learning Buddhism, we should understand that each of us possesses these thoughts in our minds. Our Mind-consciousness is actually neither good nor evil. Since we all have Buddha-nature, which is pure and undefiled, we are all innately benevolent. However, the Mind-consciousness is influenced by external environments and conditions. So, our intrinsic Buddha-nature has been buried. We continue to carry around our karmic causes and effects. We continue to create karmic causes and effects life after life. We continue to create karma, suffer the retributions, and then create more karma.

This vicious cycle of karma continues on. The more karma we accumulate, the stronger the karma force. Thus, the mind becomes “cruel” and “unkind” due to the negative causes and conditions that often appear around us in our daily living. It is natural for our habits to lie just under the surface, and then quickly manifest. It is like having a chronic illness that always plagues us. So, our minds become cruel. Everyone’s mind has this cruelty. Sometimes we cannot control our “cruel, unkind” thoughts. Sometimes we cannot control our “cruel, unkind” thoughts. Some people are short-tempered, and when they get angry, they become violent and harm others. Why do people even have such a mindset? Afterwards, they are remorseful and claim they could not control themselves. These are habitual tendencies. They have been accumulated over many lifetimes and carried into this life.

We should understand that everyone’s Mind-consciousness functions the same way; our habits become deeply ingrained. Our mind are often pulled towards evil, so when we encounter external states or conditions, we have no control. Our minds lie on the boundary of good and evil. When we encounter external states or conditions, we are unable to remain in control. Therefore, we are often led by external phenomena. Due to the poison of anger and hatred, our minds are often cruel and unkind. We are influenced by negative causes and negative conditions to create more karma. If we often hold hateful and resentful thoughts, and do not heighten our awareness, our true benevolence and compassion will not manifest.

If our minds are often immersed in negative thoughts, when influenced by external conditions, we easily create more karma through our physical actions. Then, compassion and benevolence cannot manifest.

Since we now understand these principles, we should heighten our vigilance. Once something is over, let it go. We should not hold grudges. We must take it a step further and keep our hearts open and our thoughts pure. Do not allow anger to grow. Accumulated anger turns into resentment and accumulated resentment turns into hatred, which leads to action. After actions are taken, we create a cycle of resentment and continue to create mutual enmity with others.

This is truly terrible. There is a passage in the Jataka Sutras about the Buddha’s past life as an elephant king. The Elephant King had two wives. One day, he picked a beautiful and fragrant flower from the lotus pond and gave it to his elder wife. The elder wife was very happy. At this time, it was the cold of winter, so she was very happy to see such a pretty flower. But the younger wife became angry when she saw the flower given to the elder wife. Her anger turned into hatred. Spitefully she vowed to take revenge on them in a future life. This hatred and resentment entangled her mind, and she died shortly after.

She was reborn in a prestigious family. She was very beautiful. Not only was she beautiful, she was very smart. She had knowledge of astronomy and geography. When the king heard of this young woman’s beauty, he brought her to the palace and married her. The king would discuss government affairs with her. He always listened to her opinions on matters. One day she told the king that she had dreamt of an elephant in the mountains. “This elephant had six tusks. I adore those tusks and would like to kame ornaments out of them.”
The king asked, “How can an elephant have six tusks? That’s impossible.”
She said, “If you can’t get them for me, I’ll kill myself.”

So, the king quickly summoned his four ministers. He told them about the dream. The king, described it as his own dream, and said “I had this dream. There was an elephant with six tusks. The tusks are quite beautiful. I want them. Can you obtain them for me?”
The first minister said it would be impossible.
The second minister said, “My king, this must not be your own dream.”
The third minister said, “Such an elephant may exist deep in the mountains.”
The fourth minister said, “I’ve heard that in a very faraway place there is such an elephant.”

So, they gather all the hunters in the country and asked them about this. One of the hunters said, “Yes, my grandfather told my father about this. I heard about it but it is far away. I don’t know where.”
The young queen said, “I know where it is. If you are determined, head south for 3,000 kilometers and climb up the mountain. Then go south. If you wish to get the elephant’s tusks, once you are deep in the mountains, dig a hole and pose as a monk. The elephant really respects the Three Treasures. So, you should shave your head and beard and put on a monk’s robe. Then you must hide inside the hole. Wait there for your chance to kill the Elephant king and take his tusks.”

So, the hunter followed all her directions and hid in the hole he dug. Soon the elephant appeared and the hunter attacked him. Although the elephant was in pain, he still bowed down to the monk and asked, “Since you are a practitioner, why do you harm me?”
The hunter answered, “I want your tusks.”
The Elephant king replied, “Fine, take them, I am in agony now. If you want them, take them quickly so I don’t give rise to hatred under this pain.” He quickly removed the elephant’s tusks. The Elephant King then said, “Quickly leave this place before my herd arrives. Don’t let them see your footprints. You must leave quickly.” After the hunter left, the Elephant King was in such immense pain that he rolled about and howled. Then he died. When the elephants arrived, they wondered how their king had died and why his tusks were missing, but they could not find any tracks. Back at the palace, the king was filled with fear when he saw the tusks. As the queen was examining the tusks, a sudden bolt of lightning struck and killed her. This story is in the Sutra.

The Buddha said that He was the Elephant King, Devadatta was the hunter, and Sundari was the queen. Her resentment had developed and grew so much that even when she was reborn as human, she was filled with hatred. Such hatred and resentment are terrible. She was fortunate to escape the Animal Realm. But as a human, her hatred still did not diminish. So, we should believe in cause and effect, and we should nurture our reverence. We must create good affinities and accept our retributions willingly. Joy and suffering arise from causes and conditions. So everyone, please always be mindful.
(Source: Da Ai TV 靜思晨語 法譬如水)
回頂端 向下

靜思晨語—20120912《法譬如水》信因畏果
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: 靜思晨語 :: 靜思晨語--法譬如水-
前往: