Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

靜思晨語--20121127《法譬如水》生命價值觀

向下 
發表人內容
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

文章總數 : 29041
年齡 : 70
來自 : 台中
威望 : 1661
注冊日期 : 2009-01-11

靜思晨語--20121127《法譬如水》生命價值觀  Empty
發表主題: 靜思晨語--20121127《法譬如水》生命價值觀    靜思晨語--20121127《法譬如水》生命價值觀  Empty周二 11月 27, 2012 2:20 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1q5qs-yIsw&feature=channel&list=UL
回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20121127《法譬如水》生命價值觀    靜思晨語--20121127《法譬如水》生命價值觀  Empty周二 11月 27, 2012 3:37 pm

【證嚴上人開示】

六根,眼、耳、鼻、舌、身、意,我們昨天說到身和意,身上所穿著的就是貪著柔軟,比較高貴的質料,其實衣服是讓我們遮身蔽體,為我們保溫,應該衣服的價值是如此,還有什麼比這更有價值的。

不過,凡夫就是要去追求,讓人知道我的身分,所以我就要,穿出來的衣服很體面,這叫做價值,需要嗎?其實這都是起非法想。
意多亂想 觸向乖法
由此六根 所造罪業
無量無邊

「意多亂想」,此種非法從何而來呢?是從意,雖然你的根對塵,因為你的意去分別,起了很多亂想,非法了,就容易超越過去。

常常說我們要戒慎,我們要虔誠,凡事要謹慎在心,才能真正虔誠面對外面的境界,非屬我們的東西,我們不能去取,不是我們應該用的,不能想出那種非法之想,所以這都是在意根,好好戒慎。
我們的六根,應該說是前五根,就不會見境就起愛,起愛就開始去取著,所以凡夫總是在這種無知,所以心才會亂,所以,「由此六根」就造罪業,就「無量無邊」。

不知道我們到底做了多少,因為我們所觸向的,對境感觸到的,我們的心意亂了,所以就「觸向乖法」,乖法就是違背,違背正法,所以這都是,由意識引出了愛,由愛去造了很多業等等,所以就「觸向乖法」,這樣就會造出許多惡業。

所以學佛最重要的,我們是預防於未然,還能懺悔過去,預防還沒發生的,這就是我們學佛最重要的。
人人都是凡夫,哪有人沒有過失呢?今生沒有過失,說不定前世我們的過失很多,所以不要以為,我又沒造業,為什麼我要懺悔,這是我們學佛者的優點,無論過去是不是造了業,因為我們要承認,我們是六道輪迴的凡夫,那種習氣難免,所以無論有過無過,我們一定要虔誠懺悔。

所以這段懺文這麼說:
今日至誠
向十方佛 尊法 聖眾
皆悉懺悔

所說的「今日」是什麼時候呢?每一天,不只是當下、現在,其實我們要每天每一時刻,我們常常要提醒自己,警惕自己的心,所以我們若能時時懺悔,自然過去的無明業障,就能慢慢消除。

再來就是要真正預防反省,戒慎警愓,這就是預防未來不要再受污染,所以根有增上的力用。
這個根,比如我們的眼根,看到外面的境界,看到了,有時看到很遠,有時看到很微細,有時看到東西,我們就會去選擇這好、這不好,大家都會說,你的眼力很好,這都是眼根的作用,所以我們的眼根有它的力,同樣的,耳、鼻、舌、身都一樣,都有根的力量,我們要如何造業,若沒有這前五根的力量,我們和外面的境界無所接觸。
所以外面的境界,花是花、草是草,我看到的雖然是看到了,我沒們有這個功能,看到外面的東西,這都叫做緣,有這個力量去緣外面的境界,所以根為增上力,也能為增上緣。

我們身體的五根,眼、耳、鼻、舌、身,這都有它增上的力量,外面的境界為緣,這個緣來了,你如果沒在這裡接觸,你的意識不會在那裡做分別。
同樣有耳朵的人,你聽到的聲音,但是我們聽到,因為我耳聾,我的耳朵已經聽不到了,雖然耳根在,我沒有聞的力量,所以即使有聲塵,不過,沒有聞的力量,所以這就是要有那個力,也要有那個緣,聽不到,人家罵我們,我們不會起煩惱,不過,聽不到,人家講話我們會起懷疑,所以這都是我們凡夫的優劣,有優點、有缺點,這也是有力與無力,或是境是我們的心起動念,我們難道不曾聽人說過,「臭耳人會彎話(臺語)」,我又沒有說你怎樣,你怎麼這麼想,就是這樣,這就是說緣和根和塵,就是有它增上力和增上緣。
若是沒有次第緣,業又不能成,就是有這樣的次第,有前有後,有根有塵,這樣次第交纏起來,所以若沒有,業就不會成,你就不會去造業,雖塵能惑識,就是由識生愛,外面的塵境來誘惑我們的意識,把我們的意識牽引出去,也就是因為意識去分別之後,念念不忘,所以戀著,對外面的境界先有貪愛,若無這個塵境,沒有這些次第緣,沒有這些所緣緣,其實自然也不會造業。
當然這也是我們凡夫,才會三合一起來,去造成業,所以接下來再說,我們還在根塵的識,還要有心心所次第生起,識也是意識、心意,就是因為這樣起心動念,所以心所就會緣境界,所以我們就能有所有能,就會能作所作,所引誘能作業,自然相續,就一直無間斷,因為有了意識之後,凡夫的私愛,他的無明慢慢引出來,那時候就戀著不捨。
有一天我們不是聽到,一位志工說,他的一位親戚說,蓋了四間房子,自己才住其中一間的,一部分而已,剩下的做什麼用呢?剩下的就是愛買東西,這種強迫性的官能症,也是一種心理病,有的人一直刷卡、刷卡,東西一直買,買到已經卡債纏身,那也是一直自己由不得自己,一直戀著,一直發揮他這種功能,這就是現代人很多事情,這都是心,心所法,這種次第生起,無間,一直連下去,這都是一種心理病。
凡夫,哪個人沒有心理病呢?心理若健康,他就不是凡夫了,他的身心健康思想正確,他就不會犯錯了,所以身心是病的凡夫,卻在人間迷茫,亂想一直起,因為都是有這個身心所次第起,所以我們才會,常常起那種非法想,非法想就是你不應該這麼想,但是我們的習氣,一直都是煩惱,煩惱不斷一直生起,我們學佛應該心寬念純,這麼簡單的事,心放得寬一點,念單純一點,不要那麼複雜。
有一種心理病態,就是戀著過去,都不務現實,我們要務實,今天我們的責任是什麼?我們應該如何修行,我們要對自己如何負責,我們的煩惱要如何去除,這才是健康的心理,修行若是還戀著過去,煩惱就不斷覆蓋回來,所以我們要很小心,不要戀著過去,也不要心心所,一直去緣著過去的境界,緣著現在與未來,如此無間斷,所以相續無間。
煩惱無間斷,自然他的業、無明,就是一直造業下去,所以我們既然學佛了,我們應該仗三寶的力量,好好想想,如何能減輕我們的煩惱,人生的價值到底在哪裡?一個故事是說一位徒弟,隨著一位師父出家了,這位弟子一直一直想著,到底人生的價值在哪裡?師父常常被他問得很煩了,有一天師父就對他說,來,這顆石頭,你拿出去市集賣,但是,若有人出價就好,你不要真的賣出去。
真的開始去了,市場就有人看到這顆石頭,就說,這顆石頭那麼大,也很好看,向他出價二元,二元吧!但是有人就說,這顆石頭還有用途,可以把它做成秤錘,所以就向他出價十元,二元和十元,這位徒弟就很歡喜,只是一顆石頭而已,就能從二元到有人出十元,師父,能賣嗎?

師父就說,還沒,你還可以再拿出去,再去賣,同樣讓人出價,不過,不能賣出去。

又出去了,真的出去,又開始把石頭擺出來時,一開始,就有人看到,這顆石頭很美,開始就說,一千元;有人說,十萬元;喔!一顆石頭出到十萬,他趕快就要回去告訴師父,是不是可以賣了?
師父就對這位弟子說,他說:是啊!人生的標準在哪裡呢?我們每個人都要先對自己,要有像珠寶商的眼光來欣賞,我們自己的價值,不是說,人生的價值,不是去叫別人來評價我們,到底我們有多少價值?就像那顆石頭,若讓人評價,很不值錢時是二元,你看,最值錢時是十萬,其實人生的價值在我們自己,你如何把你的生命,創造出你的價值來,或是把這顆石頭,變成一個不值錢的東西。
我就想到,我們功德會才剛開始不久,泰國一位僧王,普淨法師,他來臺灣,因為他來東淨寺,那時說這是泰國的僧王,我們大家出家人,應該趕快去接他,因為我也被邀請,就去接他,接到人了,他安單在東淨寺,我和他見面之後,我就趕快要搭車回來了,他看到我就趕快向我招手,說:「等一下、等一下,你們要去哪裡?」

我說:「我要回去。」

「你們家在哪裡?」

我說:「我們家,我們家在農場,有點遠,讓我跟、讓我跟,趕快開車門。」

他說,你們現在不趕快開車門,後面會有一堆跟來。」

開始車門開了就偷跑,脫隊了,跟著我的車就回來了,回來了;那時候我們還很簡陋,但是在外面,大殿那四支柱子,正面這邊就有一顆石頭,這顆石頭是一位居士送我的,他就是剖開之後,四四方方的,很美,這叫做花蓮的蛇紋石。

他對我說:「不對,這是軟玉,是玉。」

因為這麼大塊,我們的地方也很簡陋,要放在哪裡?就丟在我們的門口,來了,他也送我一個很精緻的東西,現在還放在裡面,但是我送他什麼呢?我又沒有什麼東西可送,就說:「我這顆石頭送你好嗎?」

「啊,這顆好美,他十分歡喜,沉甸甸的。」他說,「這顆我回去能雕佛,刻成一尊玉佛,綠色的,綠得很漂亮。」
但是在我們這裡,我們不知道它是否有價值,還是沒價值?把它丟在外面,也沒有人拿走,等到這位僧王來時,我們送給他,他竟然說要拿回去雕刻佛像。

你看,這就是價值觀,所以自從那回之後,我就覺得什麼東西,都是有價值的,石頭也是都有價值。

總而言之,我們要如何用它,雕成佛像,就人人拜,說不定我拿來墊桌腳、墊椅腳,也說不定。
總而言之,世間的價值觀到底是什麼?看我們的心,我們的根塵和意識,我們若是戀著,說不定我們看是沒價值的東西,你戀戀不捨,有的很值錢的東西,說不定在我們自己內心的,佛性最有價值,我們糟蹋掉了也說不定,所以價值應該向自己做評估。

所以請大家,在我們生命的價值觀,可以擴大,可以有深度,所以我們要時時多用心。

回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20121127《法譬如水》生命價值觀    靜思晨語--20121127《法譬如水》生命價值觀  Empty周一 1月 14, 2013 5:12 pm

Lecturer: Master Zheng-Yan
Subject: The Value of Life (
生命價值觀)

Of the Six Roots, which are eyes, ears, nose, tongue, body and mind, we have discussed up to body and mind.

For their bodies, people desire soft clothing made of expensive materials. Actually, the only purposes of clothing are to cover our bodies and keep us warm. That is the value of clothing. What other value is there? But ordinary people want to use the way they dress to show off their status. They want to look impressive; they think that shows their value. Is that necessary? Actually, these are unwholesome thoughts.

The mind is full of discursive thoughts and turns toward aberrant ways. The transgressions created from the Six Roots are countless and boundless.

“The mind is full of discursive thoughts.” Where do these unwholesome thoughts come from? They come from our minds. When our Roots connect with Dusts, our minds begin to discriminate. This is where chaotic thoughts arise. They are unwholesome, so we easily transgress.

I often say we have to be vigilant and reverent. We must be careful in everything we do; only then can we face the external world with true reverence. We cannot take what does not belong to us. If there are things that are inappropriate to use, we should not think of ways to use them.

When we are vigilant in training our minds, our six sense organs, or rather the first five, will not lead cravings to arise when we see things. Once we have cravings, we begin to grasp. Ordinary people remain in this ignorance, so their minds become confused.

Thus, these “Six sense organs create countless and boundless transgressions.” We do not know how many we have already created. Because our minds become confused when we come in contact with external conditions, we “turn towards aberrant ways.”

Aberrant ways go against the Right Dharma. This happens because consciousness gives rise to cravings when sense organs and sense objects meet. Then those cravings cause us to create much karma.

So, when we “turn towards aberrant ways,” we create much bad karma. When we learn Buddhism it is most important to take preventative measures. We can repent our past and prevent future offenses. This is an important part of learning Buddhism.

We are all ordinary people. Who has never made mistakes? Even if in this life we seem to be without fault, perhaps we made many mistakes in past lives. So, do not think, “I didn’t create any karma. Why do I need to repent?” As a Buddhist practitioner, whether or not we have created karma, it is important to recognize that we are ordinary beings transmigrating in the Six Realms.

Therefore, we inevitably have habitual tendencies. Whether we made mistakes or not, we have to sincerely repent. Thus, this section of the repentance text says, “Today we openly repent with utmost sincerity to the Buddhas, Dharma and Sangha of the ten directions.”

What time does “today” refer to? It is every day, not just right now. Truly, in every moment of every day, we have to remind ourselves to be vigilant of our mind. If we can constantly be repentant, our past ignorance and karmic obstacles will slowly melt away.

Next, we need to be preventive, self-reflective, disciplined and aware. This is how we can prevent future defilements. So, sense organs can assist us in our spiritual practice.

Take our eyes, for example. When we look at our surroundings, sometimes we can see things that are far away, and sometimes we see things that miniscule. Sometimes when we see things, we decide one thing is good and another is not. Everyone say, “Your eyesight is very good.”

This is the functioning of our eyes. They have their specific ability. Similarly, the ears, nose, tongue and body all have their own abilities. How do we create karma?

Without the power of the Five Roots, we would not have contact with our surroundings. Flowers are just flowers, grass just grass. Although the things we see remain the same, the ability to see eternal objects creates a connection. The Roots have the ability to connect, so they have this assisting function; they serve as Assisting Conditions.

Our eyes, ears, noses, tongues and bodies all have this assisting ability. Our external surroundings are our conditions. If we do not come in contact with them, our minds will not discriminate.

We all have ears. But sometimes one person hears something, white others do not. If someone is deaf, his ears cannot hear. Although the ear is there, it has no ability. Though there is sound, he has no power to hear it. So, we need both the power and the conditions. If we cannot hear others yell at us, we will not become afflicted.

But if we cannot hear, we may be doubtful whenever others speak. These are the strengths and weaknesses of ordinary people. We have strengths and weaknesses. Some have abilities; some do not. Our surroundings cause thoughts to arise.

Haven’t we heard people say, “People with bad hearing bend words. I did not say anything about you. Why would you think that?” So, when conditions, Roots and Dusts interact, they have assisting abilities and conditions.

Without Sequential Conditions, karma cannot be created. There has to be a sequence. There is a before and after, Roots and then Dusts. This sequence is connected. Without it, karma could not manifest. We would not create karma.

The Dusts can delude consciousness. Consciousness gives rise to cravings. External objects and surroundings seduce our consciousness and draw it out. After our consciousness begins to discriminate, we cannot let go; so we remain attached to external conditions.

Without these objects and conditions, Sequential Conditions and Connecting Conditions, we would not create karma. Of course, it is because we are ordinary beings that these three factors can come together to create karma.

So, we are still on the topic of Roots, Dusts, and Consciousnesses. Next we talk about the workings of the mind. This is how thoughts arise in our consciousness, and how the mind interacts with objects. So, the mind’s functions allow us to interact and to take action. If we are tempted into creating karma, it will never end. Because the mind-consciousness exists, unenlightened selfish love will gradually bring out ignorance. Then people become attached, unwilling to let go.

The other day didn’t we hear a volunteer talk about his relative? His relative built four houses, but only lived in part of one. Why did he need the other houses? Because he loved buying things. This obsessive-compulsive disorder is a type of mental illness. Some people keep swiping their credit cards to buy things. The rack up so much debt because they cannot control themselves. They are attached to using this kind of ability. Like many of the things people do nowadays, this all beings with working of the mind. They arise in sequence and continue without pause. This is a type of mental disorder. Ordinary people all have some form of mental disease. If their minds were healthy, they would not be ordinary people. If we had healthy bodies and minds and correct thinking, we would not make the mistakes that we do.

But ordinary beings are ill in mind and body; we are lost in this world with discursive thoughts continuously arising. This is due to the sequential workings of the mind. That is why we think unwholesome thoughts. These are thoughts we should not be thinking, but our habitual tendencies continuously give rise to these afflictions.

When we learn Buddhism we should have open hearts and simple thoughts. It is this simple. Open your hearts more. Keep your thoughts simpler. Do not complicate things.

There is another form of mental disorder, which is lingering in attachment to the past and not taking care of present matters. We must be realistic, focus on our responsibilities today, on how we can be responsible to ourselves, and on how we can eliminate afflictions. That is a truly healthy mindset. If we stay attached to the past while practicing, afflictions will return and obscure us.

So, we have to be careful. Do not be attached to the past. Do not let the workings of the mind continue to connect with the past, present and future.

This will continue without end, and afflictions will arise continuously. Naturally, due to karma and ignorance, we will keep crating karma. Since we are learning Buddhism, we must rely on the power of the Three Treasures. We need to think about how we can eliminate our afflictions.

What exactly is the value of life? There is a story about a disciple who left home with his spiritual teacher. He kept wondering, “What is the value of life?”

He kept asking until his teacher got annoyed. One day the teacher told him, “Take this stone and sell it in the market. But if someone actually makes an offer, do not accept it.”

So, he set out to the market. Someone at the market saw the rock and said, “This rock is very big and pretty.”

So, the person offered to buy it for two dollars. But someone else said, “This rock is useful, I can use it as a weight.”

So, he offered ten dollars. The disciple was very happy with these offers. It was just a rock, but people were offering up to ten dollars for it, “Teacher, can I sell it?”

The teacher said “Not yet, Take it out to display again. Let people make offers, but do not sell it”

So, he went out again. He put the rock and someone saw it right away. “This rock is very beautiful.” He said, “I will give you $1,000.”

Someone else said, “100,000.”

The offers for the rock went up to $100,000. He rushed to tell his master and asked, “Can I sell it ?”

The teacher told him, “So, how should we calculate the value of life? We need to first look at ourselves from the perspective of a jewelry appraiser and appreciate our own worth. The value of our life does not come from other people’s estimates. How much are we actually worth. Take that rock for example. If we ask others to appraise it, the value can range from “$2 to $100,000. We create the value of our life. We can create a lot of value with it, or treat it as a rock that has no value.”

This reminds me, not too long after Tzu Chi began, a highly revered monk from Thailand. Dharma Master Pu-Jing ,came to Taiwan. Since he was a revered practitioner from Thailand when he came to the Tung Ching Temple, all the monastics wanted to go welcome him, I was also invited, so I went along.

After we settled him in at the Tung Ching Temple. I met him briefly, but I was in a hurry to get a ride back. He saw me in the car and waved. He said, “Hold on! Where are you going?”

I said “I am going home.”

“Where is your home?”

Our home is on a farm, it is a bit far.”

“Let me come, let me come ,Open the door, quick! if you don’t open the car door now, A bunch of people will follow us.”

I opened the door and he snuck out with me, leaving his retinue. He came back with me in our car. Back then we lived very simply. Outside, by the four columns of the Buddha Hall, there was a rock facing the front. The rock was a gift from a lay practitioner. After it was cut open, Its edges were squarely cut and it was beautiful. This was a Hualien serpentine rock.

This monk told me, “No it’s a piece of jade.”

It was very big and our place was very simple. Where would we put it?

So, we left it at the entrance. When Master Pu-Jing came, He had given me a delicate gift, I still have it. But what could I give him in return? I didn’t have much so I asked Master Pu-Jing “Can I give you this rock as a gift?”

He said “oh, this is very beautiful!” He was very happy. It was heavy but he said, “I can take it back and carve it into a jade Buddha. It will be a beautiful green.”

We ourselves did not know, whether this rock was valuable or not. We just left it outside. No one ever tried to take it either. When this revered monk came, we gave it to him, and he decided to carve it into a Buddha statue.

You see, that it value. Since then, I have felt that everything has value. Even rocks are valuable. It depends on how we make use of it. Now everyone bows to it as a Buddha statue. Perhaps I would have used it to prop up my chair or table legs.

In conclusion, what it the value of our life in this world? It depends on our hearts, on our Roots, Dusts and Consciousnesses. If we are attached, maybe we cannot let go of a something that has no value. Perhaps some of the most valuable things are found in our own hearts. Our Buddha-nature is the most valuable. Yet perhaps we are wasting it. So, we should determine the value ourselves.

Everyone, the value of our lives can be vast and profound. So, please always be mindful.

(Source: Da Ai TV 靜思晨語 法譬如水)
回頂端 向下

靜思晨語--20121127《法譬如水》生命價值觀
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: 靜思晨語 :: 靜思晨語--法譬如水-
前往: