Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

靜思晨語--20130129《法譬如水》草露風光不久長

向下 
4 posters
發表人內容
如意
版主
版主
如意

文章總數 : 712
來自 : 嘉義
威望 : 253
注冊日期 : 2009-04-17

靜思晨語--20130129《法譬如水》草露風光不久長  Empty
發表主題: 靜思晨語--20130129《法譬如水》草露風光不久長    靜思晨語--20130129《法譬如水》草露風光不久長  Empty周三 1月 30, 2013 6:48 am

回頂端 向下
hungkait
金剛勇猛心
金剛勇猛心
hungkait

文章總數 : 159
年齡 : 55
來自 : Cupertino, CA, USA
威望 : 19
注冊日期 : 2012-03-02

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20130129《法譬如水》草露風光不久長    靜思晨語--20130129《法譬如水》草露風光不久長  Empty周四 1月 31, 2013 1:54 pm

以下為2013年01月29日,大愛電視台重播--證嚴法師所開示的《靜思晨語。法譬如水》的內容。

時間不斷的消逝,我們要把握時間,不要等閑空過。

Time is constantly passing by. We should seize the moment and not waste it idly.

常說一句話:「人生到底有多長呢?草露風光不久長。」看看,露水照到太陽光的時候,看起來雖然很美,但瞬間就消退了,不能夠持續很久。那是是非非、名利、情愛等等…欲望有什麼好計較呢?

I often tell everyone to consider just how long human life really is "The splendor of dew does not last long" See, the dew reflects beautifully in the sun. But it disappears quickly. Life is momentary, so what is there to take issue with?

人生無常呼吸間
如同草露風光不久長
莫待年華人老去
莫仗少壯有餘年
空過時光後悔遲

Life exists in the space of a breath, it is fleeting and impermanent, like the dew. Do not wait until old age or rely on youth or health, believing you still have time. When time has passed, it is too late for regrets.

人生,無常就在呼吸間,不要等到時光過去,年老了才後悔空過一生。

Life exists in the space of a breath. We should not wait till time passes and we are old.

「莫仗年少有餘年」--不要以為自己還很年輕,我還有很多時間可以用。其實並沒有,時日在過是很快的,一個轉眼就從孩童變成耆老了,要把握時間;不只把握時間,還要身體力行去精進修行。

We should not rely on our youth or health, believing that we still have a lot of time. No, time passes very fast. So, we should seize each moment. Not only should we seize each moment, we must diligently put the teachings into practice.

就像阿含經中故事。有一天,佛陀在舍衛國的時候,波斯匿王經過精舍附近,他覺得離精舍不遠,就想:「來,我先過去精舍禮佛。」佛陀在精舍內看到波斯匿王來了,就和波斯匿王互相問安,國王向佛陀禮拜,然後坐在旁邊。

There is a story in the Agama Sutras. One day King Prasenajit passed by the Buddha's Abode in Sravastil. Since it was a short distance, he decided to pay respect to the Buddha. When the Buddha saw the king coming, they greeted each other. The king prostrated to the Buddha and sat down.

佛陀說:「國王今天進來,看起來你似乎很疲倦的樣子,而且怎麼全身都是灰塵?」波斯匿王就說:「很累啊。」佛陀就問:「為什麼累呢?」波斯匿王回答說:「因為城內有一位很富有的人,這位富有的長者他往生了。因為他只有獨身一個人,所以往生後,所以我就要去沒收他的財產,去點收他的財產,全部歸入公庫。」

The Buddha say, "You look very tired today. Why are you covered with dust?" King Prasenajit said he was indeed exhausted. "Why are tire?" The king said, "A very wealthy elder in town passed away. Since he had no family, I had to count and receive his assets on behalf of the national treasury."

佛陀問說:「到底是有多少財產?難道都沒親人了嗎?為何會讓國王點收的這麼辛苦。」

The Buddha asked: "How much were his assets? Did he not have any relatives? Why did the king have to painstakingly count and receive it?"

波斯匿王說:「喔!這個人只是黃金就八萬兩,寶石、珠寶無法計算,慢慢計算花了整天時間。他的田地也有千畝,非常多。但這個人本身,生活很淡泊,他不肯供養父母,他覺得要守護財產不容易,增加人口實在是多負擔的,所以他從年輕的時代對父母刻薄,讓父母不想和他共住,所以將父母棄養在外。從年輕的時候,他的父母就不再去和他共住了。這是他年輕的時候,當然,到後來他的父母也過世了。再來,等到有妻子的後,對妻和子都很刻薄,妻兒也無法忍守他這種刻薄的人生,也是離開,遠離他而去了。對他的奴僕又更加的刻薄,所以到他病了就沒有人願意在他身邊,遠離他去了。他不只是對別人刻薄,對自己也很刻薄,他所穿的衣服也非常的單薄,冬天也沒有中衣棉服,沒有比較厚的衣服,甚至所穿的衣服只是百衲衣而已,補過了又補。他在日常生活當中,就是非常的刻薄自己。但是留下來的這些東西,已經沒有人可以繼承了,所以就要充公於國庫,我就要親自去點收這些東西。」

The king answered, "His gold alone was over 80,000 ounces. The other jewels were too numerous to count. It took me tahe entire day to count it all. He also possessed a lot of land. Yet this person lived very frugally. He was unwilling to support his parents. He felt that it was hard to protect his wealth; having more people to support would be a burden. So, from a young age, he was very harsh to them. He did not want his parents to live with him, so they were abandoned. This was when he was young. Later, they passed away. He also had a wife and kids, but he was very unkind to them. They also couldn't stand him, so they left and moved away. He treated his servants even more harshly. So, when he fell ill, no one was by his side. They had all left. He was not only miserly with others, but also with himself. All his clothes were very flimsy. He didn't have thick clothes for winter. All his clothes were covered with patches. He was very harsh even with himself. But there was no one to inherit all this wealth. So, it was received by the state. I had to go count all the assets."

佛陀聽了以後說:「這是人生顛倒,有財有力,自己不肯受用,對父母不盡孝道,對妻女不盡責任,對奴僕不疼惜,對自己如此的刻薄。這種的人生,雖然有財、有力,等於沒有,現在孤魂獨逝,完全沒有一點為自己開的一條路,所以唯一的一條路,就是地獄、餓鬼道。」

Upon hearing this the Buddha felt that such a life is truly distorted. He had wealth and power, but refused to use them. He would not be filial to his parents, take responsibility for his family, or be kind to his servants or to himself. Though he had wealth, it was as if he had nothing. Now he has died alone. He did not prepare a good path for himself, so the only path left for him is to the Hell or Hungry Ghost Realms."

波斯匿王說:「是啊!這就是佛陀平時對大家的教育,人生苦短,為何要留這麼多財產?有什麼樣的目的呢?一生還不是那樣消逝過去了。到底這個人將來會何去何從?」

King Prasenajit said, "Indeed. The Buddha always teaches us that life is painfully short. What is the use of keeping so much wealth? In the end, one will still perish. Where will this person be in the future?"

佛陀說:「要相信因果啊!他現在怎樣過他的人生,將來他的人生就會怎樣的受報。」波斯匿王聽了之後就很感嘆,所以他就更加的虔誠,覺得要多造福。

The Buddha answered, "Believe in cause and effect. However he lived his life in this world, he will face the same retribution in the future." King Prasenajit sighed and said that he himself should be more sincere and create blessings.

這就是說,人生到底有多久?人生有錢又如何?有勢力又怎樣?有錢也不能長生不老;有勢也不會永遠年輕不老。所以少年的我們要更用心,理智清楚,趁現在力量有了,應該要多付出,這就是人間。

This is to say just how long will we live? If we have wealth, can we live forever? Will we always stay young? When we are young, we should be even more mindful. Those with clear understanding and strength must contribute more.

人間說百年的時光,也只不過是四天王天的兩天,若是忉利天的話才一天而已。所以說起來,少年的時間,只不過是每天清晨所看到草、花、葉子上面的露水,短暫的時刻而已,一個瞬間就消失了。

100 years in our world is only two days in the Heaven of the Four Heavenly Kings and only one day in Trayastrimsa Heaven. So, in summary the time we are young is like the dew that we can see everyday on grass, flowers and leaves. It is only momentary.

所以我們對時間要多計較,對我們自己該如何付出,就要精明一點。不要有錯誤,把時間用在錯誤的方向;有時候時間用在錯誤的方向,想要自拔回頭,已經是苦海茫茫了。所以我們要多用心。

So, we should always mind our time. We must be more precise in how we contribute, so as not to err or use our time for the wrong things. Sometimes if we are on the wrong path, even if we want to go back and change, we must go through a lot of suffering. So, we must be mindful.

眾等切莫自恃盛年
財寶勢力
懶惰懈怠
放逸自恣

One should not rely on being young, or wealthy and powerful, thus slacking off and indulging indiscriminately.

來,看這段文--「眾等切莫自恃盛年、財寶、勢力,懶惰懈怠,放逸自恣。」

The next passage reads, "One should not rely on being young, or wealthy and powerful, thus slacking off and indulging indiscriminately."

這段文字和我上面說得不謀而合。不要仗恃以為我們還是盛年,我們還少壯還有很多時間,不能這樣想。財寶勢力也不能依靠,若等到我們雖然很有錢的時候,這個時候倘若無常一來,一但病下去,無論多好的醫療是否能對他有幫助呢?醫療也有他的極限,大自然的法則,誰也無法干預、改變。

This passage describes what we just discussed. We should not count on being young and healthy and assume we still possess a lot of time. Neither should we rely on our wealth and power. Although we may be rich, death or illness can still strike at any time. But won't excellent medical treatment be able to help us? There are still limits to medical treatment. No one can escape the laws of nature.

「千金難買,萬金難留。」面對人生這種大自然的法則,我們應該要好好珍惜在健康的時候,要做對的事情,好好把握時間。所以我們怎麼能夠常年懶惰懈怠、放逸自恣、空過時間、浪費生命?放縱自己,而不懂得好好為自己鋪一條路。所以我們要好好利用這個身體!

No amount of wealth can purchase one's life. All life follows the laws of nature, so we should cherish our health. When we are healthy we should do good deeds and seize the time. How can we continue to slack off and indulge indiscriminately, year after year, and not pave a path for our future? We must use our bodies well.

死苦一至 無問老少
貧富貴賤 皆悉磨滅
奄忽而至 不令人知

The suffering of death reaches both old and young, rich and poor, noble and lowly. They all perish. Death comes suddenly, without any notice.

下面又說--「死苦一至,無問老少、貧富、貴賤,皆悉磨滅。奄忽而至,不令人知。」

The next verses read, "The suffering of death reaches both old and young, rich and poor, noble and lowly. They all perish. Death comes suddenly, without any notice."

這段懺文是說,死相現前的時候,在那分病苦,到了奄奄一息這個時候,但氣還沒有盡,真的是很辛苦,自己也是很惶恐。在這種氣還沒斷,但已經有很多惡道的形象現在他面前。無論是地獄的形象,或是餓鬼的形態,或是畜生一一浮現在面前。很多人在未斷氣之前,就有很多惡道形象現前在他的面前,在拉扯他,到底會往哪裡去呢!一旦看到了,都會很惶恐、很害怕。這些所看到的境界現前,就都是非常的惡劣的地方。

This passage of the repentance text indicates that before death manifests one may be ill feebly clinging to life with each breath. Before our last breath, we will truly experience suffering. We will also be very afraid. Before our last breath, many images will already appear in front of us. We will see images of Hell, or of the Hungry Ghost Realm or of the Animal Realm. Some people, before they have stopped breathing, are drawn into these lower realms that appear before them. Where will they go? They are frightened because all the realms they see are truly vile places.

在早期精舍還有在辦理打佛七的時候,當時有一位委員的女兒往生。這個女兒是抱來養的,但父母對她比對親身還要疼愛,這個女兒也很乖。後來嫁到很遠的地方去,這個女兒也常常回來孝順父母。

When we used to hold week-long retreats at the Abode, one commissioner's daughter had just passed away. This daughter was adopted, but she was very well-loved and quite filial. Although she moved far away when she married, she often returned to see her parents.

有一回到了四十多歲的時候,有一天突然生了重病,需要從南部到北部開刀。到送到手術室之前,這位委員對女兒說:「你一定要多念佛,一定要念佛,要很虔誠的念佛。」並且拿了一台小小的念佛錄音機,拜託護士說:「拜託、拜託,這個小小的東西請你一定要拿在她的耳邊給她聽,就算是在麻醉之後,也一樣要讓她可以聽到念佛號的聲音。」於是就把這台小小的念佛機放在她的耳邊,然後慢慢推進去手術室。

When she was in her 40s, she suddenly fell seriously ill. She traveled to northern Taiwan for surgery. As she was wheeled into the operating room, her mother said to her, "Remember to recite the Buddha's name. Recite the Buddha's name with reverence." The mother placed a tape recorder with the chant next to her head and asked the nurse to play it during the operation so she could continue to hear the name of Buddha when she was sedated. So, they wheeled her into the room.

麻醉後,一度她突然很掙扎,在要推進去手術室前,她就一直哀叫。開刀完了之後她說:「我記得要開刀時,我很痛苦,只記得在要推入開刀房之前,媽媽說要一直念佛。但是你知道嗎?雖然心中念佛,但外面的境界很多,都是血淋淋的境界。有很多的雞鴨…很多都一直在啄食我,我很痛苦,很怕,看過去滿滿整片都是雞鴨。」

Before the anesthesia took effect, she appeared to be struggling immensely. As they wheeled her in, she kept moaning. After the surgery, she told her mother that she was in agony. She said, "As I was entering the operating room, you reminded me to recite the Buddha's name. I kept reciting in my heart, but do you know, around me I saw a realm filled with blood? Many chickens and ducks pecked at me. I was suffering and scared. The place was filled with chickens and ducks."

說完後,她就一直哭。接著說:「我嫁過去後,因為我的公婆在鄉下,很愛吃雞鴨,就養了一大堆。每天都要我殺,這就是桌上不能缺少的菜,所以都要我自己殺。這些東西是不是已經來討命?我很怕,也很痛苦。」

As she finished saying this, and told her mother, "After I married, my in-laws who lived in the countryside loved to eat poultry. They raised many chickens and ducks and I had to kill them each day, because they had to eat them with every meal, I had to kill them myself. Are these beings now taking their revenge? I'm afraid and in pain/"

媽媽說:「這是你的業,你過去所造的業,嫁過去這二十多年的時間很辛苦,現在已經是這樣,你就要虔誠念佛。」已經這樣有虔誠的念佛,開刀後有沒有健康?沒有。之後病依然一直拖、一直磨。但每天都依然堅持要念佛;心很虔誠。因為媽媽和阿嬤都虔誠信佛,所以當病苦、病痛來磨的時候,她還依然非常堅持的在念佛。

Her mother told her, "This is your karma; you created it in the past. These past 20 years of marriage have been very difficult for you. Since you are already in this situation, just recite the Buddha's name reverently." Did she recover after the surgery? No, she endured a lot of pain each day. She was very sincere because her mother and grandmother were devout Buddhists. As she was suffering from illness, she maintained her recitation of the Buddha's name.

有一次我到南部,他母親也在醫院那,我就順道過去看了。她拉著我的袖子說:「我過去損害了很多生命,雖然我也很孝順,但是我做了這麼多殺害的事情,這樣這些業報補不了嗎?」

Once when I was in the south, her mother was also there, so I visited the daughter. She held my hand and said, "Master, I've killed many beings in the past. Although I am filial, I've taken so many lives. Can I make up for such karma?"

「孝順父母、公婆都是應該的,有福;但孝順的只是日常生活當中做人的本分,這是有福。但你所殺害的是生命,生命是平等的,無論牠是動物,或他是人命,其實同樣都是生命。這樣多生的業報,不如現在一生把它受完。」

I told her "Being filial to your parents and in-laws is something you should do. It creates blessings. However, though you upheld that part of your moral responsibilities, you've also harmed beings and ended lives. All lives are equal, animal or human. They are all living beings. Many lifetimes of negative karma can all be exhausted in this life."

她說:「這樣我知道了,我甘願了。我既然這一、二十年的時間造這麼多的殺業,無法勝數,每天在餐桌上都是生命在那上面,已經無法去計算。既然我已經做了,所以現在我也甘願受。」這個病已經折磨她很久了,所以後來還是往生了。

She said, "I understand. In that case I will accept it willingly. I've taken countless lives for 10, 20 years, and put those beings on the table to be eaten. Since I have already done it, I willingly accept the retribution." After enduring agony for a long time, she later passed away.

在她往生前,那時我們慈濟有規劃要蓋醫院,所以她手裡就拿著她母親當初給她的嫁妝,把那些金子都拿給師父,說:「我要多做福,對不對呢?這些我不要留給女兒了。過去我對我的女兒已經很用心教育,這些有形的物質不能再留給她,請師公拿去蓋醫院。」

Before her death, we started the plans to construct the hospital. She donated the gold that her mother gave her when she married. She said, "I should create more blessings, right? I don't need to leave anything for my daughter because I educated her mindfully. I don't need to leave anything material for her. Please take this to build the hospital."

這一段故事可以知道「死苦一至,無問老少」。無論年齡多少,只要時間一到,業若盡的時候,無論富貴或是貧賤,你所造的業沒有別人可以替你負擔,自作只能自受。我們的心要常常培養放下,無論這生做的怎樣,都要放下。自受業報的時候要看得開。

Form this story, we understand that "The suffering of death reaches both old and young". Regardless of our age, when the time comes and karma is exhausted, we die. Whether we are poor , rich, noble or lowly, no one else can take on our karma for us. We reap what we sow. We should learn to let go of everything in life. No matter what happens in this life we must be able to see through it and let go.

倘若過去沒結那個緣,這世就不會受那個報。所以,說起來,人生的生命不斷在磨滅當中,時間一直在消逝,壽命也逐漸消短,什麼東西留下來了?就是業;業留下在身上。所以當奄奄一息的時候到了,境界現前,「不令人知」,別人什麼都不知道,我們只有自己在境界現前的時候,自己在精神上受苦、在折磨。

If we had not formed those affinities in the past, we would not receive the effects in this lifetime. So, life continues to diminish with the passing of time. As our life runs down, as our lifetime grows shorter, what is left is karma. Our karma remains with us. So, when we are at the brink of death, the moment of death arrives without an notice. Other people have no way to know. When we reach the edge of death, we truly face much spiritual torment and suffering.

不只是病苦的折磨,那種心靈的痛苦和拖磨不是別人可以知道的。

It is not just physical suffering. The mental agony is beyond others' understanding.

夫人命無常
喻如朝露
出息雖存
入息難保

Ordinary beings lives are impermanent like morning dew. Though we exhale, we may not inhale again.

所以--「夫人命無常,喻如朝露。出息雖存,入息難保。」

So, "Ordinary beings" lives are impermanent like morning dew. Though we exhale, we may not inhale again."

一口氣出去能否回來不知道。所以說起來,人生就好像朝露一般,有什麼好去計較呢?若等到業相現前,有時候想要表達出來那個境界也很困難,更不要說能脫離了。在氣要斷不斷的時候,真的是很痛苦、拖磨啊!活生生就墮入地獄當中。到時唯有知苦瞭苦甘願受苦,那樣業才能消了。

After we exhale, will we be able to inhale again? We do not know. So, if life is just like morning dew what is there to take issue with? When karma manifests, it may be hard to express oneself. The psychological torture before death is like a living hell. It is painful, but if we endure it willingly we can eliminate karma.

所以說:「草露風光不久常,人生無常呼吸間,莫待時光人老去,莫仗少壯有餘年。」各位,最後用這段文字和大家分享,要好好多用心。

So, the splendor of dew does not last long. Life exists in the space of a breath; do not rely on your youth and wait till old age. Everyone, I shared this passage with you to remind you to always be mindful!
回頂端 向下
https://www.facebook.com/hungkait
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

文章總數 : 29010
年齡 : 70
來自 : 台中
威望 : 1661
注冊日期 : 2009-01-11

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20130129《法譬如水》草露風光不久長    靜思晨語--20130129《法譬如水》草露風光不久長  Empty周五 2月 01, 2013 9:19 pm

【證嚴上人開示】

時光不斷消逝,我們要把握時間,不要等閒空過,常說一句話,人生到底有多久呢?草露風光不久長,看,露水映照陽光雖然很美,不過,瞬間它就消退了,所以沒有多久,計較什麼呢?人生無常就是在呼吸間,我們莫等待時光過去人老時,莫仗少壯有餘年,不要以為我還年輕,我還有很多時間,沒有了。
其實我們的時間過得很快,所以我們要好好把握時間,不只是把握時間,身體力行去精進。
人生無常呼吸間
如同草露風光不久長
莫待年華人老去
莫仗少壯有餘年
空過時光後悔遲

就如《阿含經》中,有這麼一段故事,有一天佛陀在舍衛國,波斯匿王經過佛陀所住的精舍,他覺得離得不太遠,來,我進去精舍先禮佛,結果佛陀看到波斯匿王來了,大家互相問安,國王向佛陀禮拜,就坐在旁邊,佛陀就說:「如何,國王今天進來?看你好像很疲倦,全身怎麼都是灰塵?」

波斯匿王就說:「很累。」
「為什麼累呢?」

他說:「在城裡有一位很富有的人,這位富有長者他往生了,往生之後他單獨一個人,所以我去沒收他的財產,去點收,把他的財產全部歸入公庫。」

佛陀就問:「有多少財產?難道都沒親人嗎?怎麼會讓國王,去點收得這麼辛苦?」

他說:「這個人,他光是黃金就有八萬多兩,其他的寶石等等是無法計算,細細計算了整天的時間,他的田地有千畝,很多。」
但是這個人本身,他的生活很淡泊,他就是不肯奉養父母,他覺得要守護財產不容易,增加人口實在是增加負擔,所以他從年輕時代,對父母刻薄,父母不要和他共住,所以就棄養在外,這是他年輕時代。

父母後來就過世了。
再來,有妻有兒,但是對妻兒很刻薄,妻兒也無法忍受他這種,如此刻薄的人生,所以也離開,遠離他而去,對他的奴僕更刻薄了,所以當他病倒時,也沒有人要在他身旁,也是遠離他而去。
他自己本身,不只是對別人刻薄,對自己也一樣很刻薄,所以他穿的衣服非常單薄,冬天沒有長衣棉服,沒有較厚的衣服,甚至所穿的衣服都是百衲,補了再補的衣服,自己的生活,非常非常刻薄自己,但是留下來的東西,已經無人繼承了,所以就是要充公於國庫中,我就要親自去點收這些東西。
佛陀聽了就覺得,這叫做人生顛倒,有財有力,自己不肯受用,對父母不能盡孝道,對妻兒不能盡責任,對奴僕不能疼惜,對自己如此刻薄,這種人生有財有力等於沒有,現在孤魂獨逝,全沒有一點,為自己開的一條路,所以唯一的一條路,就是地獄、餓鬼道。
波斯匿王聽了,是的,這就是平時佛陀對大家的教育,人生苦短,到底為自己留那麼多財產,是做什麼呢?一生還不是那樣消逝過去,到底這個人他將來何去何從?佛陀就說,相信因果,他在人間是如何生活度過的,將來他的人生就是那樣受報,波斯匿王十分慨嘆,所以他更加虔誠,覺得應該要多造福。
這就是說,人生到底有多久?難道我有錢,我就能長生不老嗎?難道我們年輕,永遠都不會老嗎?所以年輕我們才要更用心,理智清楚,力量有了,應該要多付出,這就是人間,人間說百年,只不過四天王天的兩天,若是忉利天才一天而已,所以說來,我們年輕的時間,只不過像每一天所看到的,草、花、葉子上面的露水,這樣的時刻而已。
所以,我們要時時對時間要多計較,對我們自己如何付出,就要精明一點,不要有錯誤,把時間用在錯誤的方向,有時候時間用在錯誤的方向,想要自拔、回頭,那就是苦海茫茫,所以我們要好好用心。
來,看這段懺文說:
眾等切莫自恃盛年
財寶勢力
懶惰懈怠
放逸自恣

這段文字和我們上面所說的,不謀而合,我們不要仗持,我們是成年,我們是少壯,我們還有很多時間,不要這樣想,財寶勢力,我們也不要仗持財寶勢力,等到我們雖然很有錢,無常一來,一旦生病,是不是很好的醫療,對他有幫助呢?醫療也是有一個極限,大自然的法則,什麼人都沒辦法,千金難買、萬金難留。
所以說來,人生這種大自然的法則,我們要好好珍惜,健康時要做對的事,把握時間,所以我們怎能長年累月,這樣「懶惰懈怠、放逸自恣」,放縱自己呢?不懂得好好為自己鋪一條路?所以我們應該要好好,利用這個身體,接下來再說:
死苦一至 無問老少
貧富貴賤 皆悉磨滅
奄忽而至 不令人知

這段懺文就是說,死相現前時,在那分病,奄奄一息這之間,氣尚未盡,真的是很辛苦,自己也是很惶恐,在這種氣還沒有斷,已經有很多形相,現在他的面前,是地獄的形相,或是餓鬼的形態,或是畜生浮現在面前,有的還沒斷氣之前,就被很多惡道現前在他面前,這樣子拉扯,到底要往哪裡去?很惶恐、很害怕,所看到的境界現前,都是非常惡劣的地方。
記得我們開始,在精舍還有打佛七那時候,有一位委員的女兒往生了,這個女兒是抱養來的,不過,比對親生的更疼惜,也很乖,所以嫁到很遠的地方,這個女兒也是常常,回來孝順父母。

有一次才四十多歲時,有一天,突然病了,病得很重,當時就要從南部來到北部開刀,要把她推到手術室那當中,她對她的女兒說,你一定要念佛、你一定要念佛,要很虔誠念佛,拿了一個小小的念佛錄音機,對護士說,拜託、拜託,你這小小的東西,你要記得放在她的頭旁邊,麻醉之後一樣讓它有佛號聲,那個小小的念佛機,放在她的耳朵邊,就慢慢把它推進去。
麻醉了,這當中,她好像很掙扎、很掙扎,要推進去時,那時她就一直哀叫。

開刀之後出來,她對她的媽媽說,她說:「我好痛苦,我記得那時要推進開刀房時,媽媽叫我要一直念佛,一直念佛,我心中一直在念佛,但是你可知道,外面的境界很多血淋淋,雞鴨很多,都一直在啄食我,我好痛苦,我好害怕,看過去滿滿都是雞鴨,這樣說完之後,一直哭。
對她的媽媽說,我嫁過去,我的公婆在鄉下,他們很愛吃雞鴨,就養了一大堆,每天我都要殺,這就是桌上不能缺少的菜,所以都要自己殺,所以是不是這些東西,已經都來向我討命,我很怕,我很痛苦。

媽媽就對她說,這就是妳的業,妳過去就是這樣,嫁過去這二十多年的時間,很辛苦,現在已經是這樣,您要虔誠念佛。
開刀之後,是不是這樣就健康起來呢?沒有,之後開始一直拖一直磨,每一天每一天,她一直堅持要念佛,心一直很虔誠,因為他的媽媽很虔誠信佛,阿嬤也是虔誠信佛,所以病來磨時,他對念佛非常堅持,有一回,我也去南部,她的媽媽也是在那裡,所以我順便就去看看她,拉著我的手,對我說,師公,我過去損害很多的生命,雖然我也很孝順,只是我做了這麼多傷殺生命,這個業補不了是嗎?
我就說,孝順父母、公婆,這是應該的事,這就是福,但是你所孝順的是日常生活,當然是你做人的本分,這有福,但是你傷殺的是生命,生命是平等的,不論牠是動物,他是人命,其實同樣都是生命,所以多生的業報,不如一生受完。
這樣子,她說,這樣我知道了,這樣我很甘願了,我既然一、二十年的時間,無法去計算,每天的桌上都是生命在那上面,我已經做了,所以我甘願受,這已經拖磨很久了,所以後來往生了。
在她要往生之前,那時我們在規劃要蓋醫院,所以她手裡就拿著,她媽媽給她的嫁妝,那些金子就給師父,說,我應該要多造福,對不對呢?我不用再留給女兒了,我對我的女兒是很用心教育她,但是有形的物質,我不能再留給她,所以給師公,幫我拿去蓋醫院。
這段故事,我們能知道,「死苦一至、無問老少」,無論他年紀多少,就是時間若到,業若盡時,無論他是貧或富貴,或是貧賤都一樣,你造的業沒有人能替你擔,所以自己自作,就要自受,心要常常培養放下,無論這一生如何,我們都要看得開,過去沒有結那個緣,這輩子不會得這個報。
所以說來,人生生命不斷都在磨滅中,因為時光不斷消逝,生命不斷磨滅,壽命一直短了,什麼東西留住,就是業,業在身上留下了,所以奄奄一息,這是時間若到了,「不令人知」,別人都不知道,我們自己,就是那個境界現前時,真的是自己精神上,在受苦、在折磨,不只是病痛在折磨,那種心靈恐懼的折磨,不是別人能知道的。
所以:
夫人命無常 喻如朝露
出息雖存 入息難保

一口氣出去,是不是能再進來呢?不知道,所以說來,人生生命好像朝露而已,我們還計較什麼呢?業相現前時,有時要表達也很困難,那時還沒有斷氣時,那種精神的痛苦折磨,活生生就墮地獄了,很苦。
不過,苦若甘願受,業才會消,所以說,草露風光不久長,人生無常呼吸間,莫待時光人老去,莫仗少壯有餘年。

各位,這段文跟大家分享,要好好多用心。
回頂端 向下
志志
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 968
威望 : 72
注冊日期 : 2009-04-25

發表主題: 回復: 靜思晨語--20130129《法譬如水》草露風光不久長    靜思晨語--20130129《法譬如水》草露風光不久長  Empty周日 3月 31, 2013 1:51 pm

Lecturer: Master Cheng-Yan
Subject: The Splendor of Dew Is Fleeting (草露風光不久長)
Time is constantly passing by. We should seize the moment and not waste it idly. I often tell everyone to consider just how long human life really is. “The splendor of dew does not last long.” See, the dew reflects beautifully in the sun. But it disappears quickly. Life is momentary, so what is there to take issue with? Life exists in the space of a breath. We should not wait till time passes and we are old. We should not rely on our youth or health, believing that we still have a lot of time. No, time passes very fast. So, we should seize each moment. Not only should we seize each moment we must diligently put the teachings into practice.

Life exists in the space of a breath, it is fleeting and impermanent, like the dew. Do not wait until old age or rely on youth or health, believing you still have time. When time has passed, it is too late for regrets.

There is a story in the Agama Sutras. One day King Prasenajit passed by the Buddha’s Abode in Sravasti. Since it was a short distance, he decided to pay respect to the Buddha. When the Buddha saw the king coming, they greeted each other. The king prostrated to the Buddha and sat down. The Buddha said, “You look very tired today. Why are you covered with dust?” King Prasenajit said he was indeed exhausted. “Why are you tired?” The king said, “A very wealthy elder in town passed away. Since he had no family, I had to count and receive his assets on behalf of the national treasury. ” The Buddha asked, “How much were his assets? Did he not have any relatives painstakingly count and receive it?” The king answered, “His gold alone was over 80,000 ounces. The other jewels were too numerous to count. It took me the entire day to count it all. He also possessed a lot of land. Yet this person lived very frugally. He was unwilling to support his parents. He felt that it was hard to protect his wealth; have more people to support would be a burden. So, from young age, he was very harsh to them. He did not want his parents to live with him, so they were abandoned. This was when he was young. Later, they passed away. He also had a wife and kids, but he was very unkind to them. They also couldn’t stand him, so they left and moved away.He treated his servants even more harshly.So, when he fell ill, no one was by his side.They had all left.He was not only miserly with others, but also with himself.All his clothes were very flimsy.He didn’t have thick clothes for winter.All his clothes were covered with patches.He was very harsh even with himself.But there was no one to inherit all this wealth.So, it was received by the state.”“I had to go count all the assets.”
Upon hearing this the Buddha felt that such a life is truly distorted.He had wealth and power, but refused to use them.He would not be filial to his parents, take responsibility for his family, or be kind to his servants or to himself.Though he had wealth, it was as if he had noting.Now he has died alone.He did not prepare a good path for himself, so the only path left for him is to the Hell or Hungry Ghost Realms.
King Prasenajit said, “Indeed.The Buddha always teaches us that life is painfully short.What is the use of keeping so much wealth?In the end, one will still perish.Where will this person be in the future?”
The Buddha answered, “Believe in cause and effect.However he lived his life in this world, he will face the same retribution in the future.”
King Prasenajit sighed and said that he himself should be more sincere and create blessings.
This is to say, just how long will we live?If we have wealth, can we live forever?Will we always stay young?When we are young, we should be even more mindful.
Those with clear understanding and strength must contribute more 100 years in our world is only two days in the Heaven of the Four Heavenly Kings and only one day in Trayastrimsa Heaven.
So, in summary, the time we are young is like the dew that we can see everyday on grass, flowers and leaves.It is only momentary.So, we should always mind our time.We must be more precise in how we contribute, so as not to err or use our time for the wrong things.
Sometimes if we are on the wrong path, even if we want to go back and change, we must go through a lot of suffering.So, we must be mindful.
The next passage reads,

“One should not rely on being young, or wealthy and powerful, thus slacking off and indulging indiscriminately.”

This passage describes what we just discussed.We should not count on being young and healthy and assume we still possess a lot of time.Neither should we rely on our wealth and power.Although we may be rich, death or illness can still strike any time.But won’t excellent medical treatment be able to help us?There are still limits to medical treatment.No one can escape the laws of nature.
No amount of wealth can purchase one’s life. All life follows the laws of nature, so we should cherish our health. When we are healthy we should do good deeds and seize the time. How can we continue to “slack off and indulge indiscriminately”, year after year, and not pave a path for our future?We must use our bodies well.
The next verses read,

“The suffering of death reaches both old and young, rich and poor, noble and lowly.They all perish.Death comes suddenly, without any notice.”

This passage of the repentance text indicates that before death manifests, one may be ill, feebly clinging to life with each breath.Before our last breath, we will truly experience suffering. We will also be very afraid. Before our last breath, many images will already appear in front of us. We will see images of Hell, or of the Hungry Ghost Realm or of the Animal Realm.Some people, before they have stopped breathing, are drawn into these lower realms that appear before them, Where will they go? They are frightened because all the realms they see are truly vile places.
When we used to hold week-long retreats at the Abode, one commissioner’s daughter had just passed away.This daughter was adopted, but she was very well-loved and quite filial. Although she moved far away when she married she often returned to see her parents. When she was in her 40s, she suddenly fell seriously ill.She traveled to northern Taiwan for surgery. As she was wheeled into the operating room, her mother said to her, “Remember to recite the Buddha’s name” “Recite the Buddha’s name with reverence”.
The mother placed a tape recorder with the chant next to her head and asked the nurse to play it during the operation so she could continue to hear the name of Buddha when she was sedated.
So, they wheeled her into the room. Before the anesthesia took effect, she appeared to be struggling immensely. As they wheeled her in, she kept moaning. After the surgery, she told her mother that she was in agony.She said, “As I was entering the operating room, you reminded me to recite the Buddha’s name.I kept reciting in my heart but do you know, around me. I saw a realm filled with blood?Many chickens and ducks pecked at me. I was suffering and scared. The place was filled with chickens and ducks.” As she finished saying this, she starting crying, and told her mother.“After I married, my in-laws who lived in the countryside loved to eat poultry.They raised many chickens and ducks and I had to kill them each day because they had to eat them with every meal and I had to kill them each day “
“because they had to eat them with every meal.Are these beings now taking their revenge ?I’m afraid and in pain.”
Her mother told her ,“This is your karma,you created it in the past .These past 20 years of marriage have been very difficult for you.Since you are already in this situation, just recite the Buddha’s name reverently.”
Did she recover after the surgery ?No ,she endured a lot of pain each day. She continued her recitation every day. She was very sincere because her mother and grandmother were devout Buddhists.
As she was suffering from illness ,she maintained ger recitation of the Buddha’s name.Once when I was in the south ,her mother was also there,so I visited the daughter.
She held my hand and said ,“Master ,I’ve killed many beings in the past. Although I am filial,I’ve taken so many lives.Can I make up for such karma?”
I told her ,“Being filial to your parents and in-laws is something you should do. It creates blessings. However ,though you upheld that part of your moral responsibilities ,which creates blessings you’ve also harmed beings and ended lives. ” “All lives are equal ,animal or human. They are all living beings. Many lifetimes of negative karma can all ve exhausted in this life. ”
She said ,“I understand. In that case I will accept it willingly. I’ve taken countless lives for 10 or 20 years ,and put those beings on the table to be eaten.Since I have already done it ,
I willingly accept the retribution.”
After enduring agony for a long time ,she later passed away. Before her death,we started the plans to construct the hospital. She donted the gold that her mother gave her when she married.She said , “I should create more blessings ,right?I don’t need to leave anything for my daughter because I educated her mindfully. I don’t need to leave anything material for her.Please take this to build the hospital.”
From this story , we understand that“The suffering of death reaches both old and young,”
Regardless of our age ,when the time comes and karma is exhausted , we die.Whether we are poor , rich ,noble or lowly,no one else can take on our karma for us.
We reap what we sow. We should learn to let go of everything in life.No matter what happens in this life ,we must be able to see through it and let go. If we had not formed those affinities in the past ,we would not receive the effects in this lifetime.
So ,life continues to diminish with the passing of time. As our life runs down.As our lifetime grows shorter,what is left id karma.Our karma remains with us. So ,when we are at the brink of death ,the moment of death arrives without any notice.Other people have no way to know.
When we reach the edge of death ,we truly face much spiritual torment and suffering. It is not just physical suffering. The mental agony is beyond other’s understanding. So ,

“Ordinary beings‘ lives are impermanent like morning dew. Though we exhale , we may not inhale again.”

After we exhale,will we be able to inhale again ?We do not know. So , if life is just like morning dew ,what is there to take issue with ?When karma manifests ,it may be hard to express oneself. The psychological torture before death is like a living hell.It is painful , but if we endure it willingly we can eliminate karma.
So ,the splendor of dew does not last long. Life exists in the space of a breath;do not rely on your youth and wait till old age.
Everyone ,I shared this passage with you to remind you to always be mindful.

回頂端 向下

靜思晨語--20130129《法譬如水》草露風光不久長
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: 靜思晨語 :: 靜思晨語--法譬如水-
前往: