Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20130423《靜思妙蓮華》王舍城的由來(二)

向下 
2 posters
發表人內容
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

文章總數 : 29103
年齡 : 70
來自 : 台中
威望 : 1661
注冊日期 : 2009-01-11

20130423《靜思妙蓮華》王舍城的由來(二) Empty
發表主題: 20130423《靜思妙蓮華》王舍城的由來(二)   20130423《靜思妙蓮華》王舍城的由來(二) Empty周二 4月 23, 2013 5:51 pm

【證嚴上人開示】
說法處應有大因緣
集大福德靈應具會
聖法流傳廣被歷代
今人應時心存感恩

也就是要跟大家說,世間沒有無因緣而成就,何況說大法,一定有大因緣,所以說法的地方,一定有它的因緣所成就。
因緣,就是因為有大福德,靈應具會,才能讓聖法流傳,要知道聖法能夠流傳,才能在很廣闊的範圍,去蔭庇後代的人。
我們現在若不是有靈山會,這個盛會,我們今天,也沒有《法華經》可聽,所以說聖法要流傳,就是廣庇於歷代;兩千多年了,現在我們還能聽到佛所說法,所以我們現在應該要很感恩,用感恩心,必定要將法聽入心,用於生活中。
前面我們說過了,王舍城的起因,就是來自於駁足,被一千個小國的國王包圍,來到了靈鷲山,有惡鬼羅剎要傷害他的時候,他就說:「來啊!你若抓我一個人來祭祀,這樣的量太少了,你們若能讓我當鬼王,在這裡來統領大家,我發願能抓一千個國王來祭祀。」
因為那時,駁足對千王討伐,心存著埋怨,所以他發願,在這個地方要統治羅剎,利用羅剎的力量來抓千王,這些羅剎惡鬼聽了也是很踴躍,所以稱駁足為鬼王。
從此開始真的就去抓了,九百九十九位小國的國王,一個一個抓起來,就這樣監禁起來,最後一位叫做普明王。
這位普明王很信仰佛法,他是一位仁王,疼惜他的人民,尤其是信仰正法,所以他很有信,話說出去,一定是信受奉行。
所以普明王既然被他抓來了,他也知道千王,差他一個,很快就是千王共祭山神,但是他已經定下要為他的國家,做一個無遮法會,這無遮法會是開國庫普施,就是布施大會。
日期已經開始將近了,還沒做之前,他就已經被抓來了,所以因為這樣,他的心裡很難過,所以他哭了。
駁足鬼王他就說:「你怎麼這麼沒氣魄,一到這裡,你就哭了。」
他說:「我心悲,因為還有很多國王在你手中,生命在旦夕,等我一個人來完成,生命就將在你的手中損掉了,這是我第一個悲;第二悲是我的信,將喪失。」
「你是什麼信?」
他就說:「我一生守信於實語,我要做的事,只要說出去,我一定要做到,我已經向我的國家的民眾宣告,我要舉行無遮大會,要建立無遮大會,這個大會還沒有舉行,所以我對人民失信,所以因為這樣,我悲。」
鬼王駁足心裡想:「會有這樣的人嗎?」想要試探他,就說:「好,我可以放你走,你真的有辦法自己回來?」
國王就說:「我絕對會,給我三天的時間,我一定會準時回來。」
就這樣把他放了,這三天內,普明王回到他的國家,趕快宣告,大家快聚會過來,來接受國王的無遮法會大布施。
同時他把他的太子叫過來,國家的大臣都集合起來,跟他們說:「我今天要將國政交給太子,希望所有的大臣,要像過去擁護我一樣,來擁護太子,施於仁政,疼惜國民,照顧國民的生活。」
大家真的很不捨,這麼好的國王,會遇到這樣的事情,不過國王話說出去,絕對不會再收回;所以在三天內,真的是回到靈鷲山,他的神色輕安自在,可以看到喜悅在他的臉上。
這駁足鬼王看到普明王,那種歡喜像發光發亮一樣,他就問他:「你已經回來了,你可知道,你這次回來,你的生命就等於來赴死,要赴死的人,為什麼這麼高興呢?」
普明王回答:「因為我現在的心,就是感恩,第一所感恩的,就是我能得遇聖法,聖法能入我的心,讓我日常生活做得很歡喜,能為民眾所依靠,這是我一大感恩。再來感恩的就是鬼王你,願意給我三天的時間,完成我的信,話所說出去的信用,所以我也很感恩,內心充滿了感恩,充滿了信受奉行那分法的喜悅。」
鬼王聽了之後,覺得很奇怪,到底這個法有多好?能使一個人面對死亡時,那麼歡喜,那麼喜悅,到底內心想的是什麼?
鬼王說:「你說出來,讓我聽聽,聽聽你內心所受的法是什麼?」
所以普明王他就要求,我既然要說,我也希望,所有的九百九十九位小國王,都一起來聽,大家來分享,分享我心中所感恩的聖法;既然已經千王聚集,不怕他們跑掉,就這樣一千位已經集合起來,生命在旦夕,每個人都憂愁、恐慌。
但是這千王看到普明王,這麼安然自在,那種法喜,那種臉上的光輝,大家的心就安下來了,要專心聽,聽聽到底他的心中,所擁有的是什麼樣的法?
開始普明王就說話了,他說:「已經覺悟的聖者,所說的教法,就是慈、悲、喜、捨,無緣大慈,同體大悲。無緣大慈,(給)任何一個人的幸福,(即使)跟我們沒有關係的人,但是讓我的心很快樂,這叫做大慈。
大悲,不忍心眾生受苦難,眾生的生命,和我好像是一個共同體,眾生的苦難就是我的苦難,我會趕快想辦法去幫助他,眾生解開了困難,得到了幫助,那分歡喜,那就是我的歡喜,我心安,這就是大悲。
為眾生所付出的,沒有後悔,沒有後悔的心,我會很安,所以日日都是很輕安自在,眾生的福,我歡喜,眾生脫離苦難,我心安,所以每一天的心情都是很輕安。
「慈悲」這二字,要用在行動中,要懂得捨出,光是用慈悲用愛,如果沒有捨出,這樣無法去施行,所以這個「捨」字,就是要身體力行,凡事我都能親自做到,身體力行,做了之後,那分的輕安,那分的喜悅,捨掉了煩惱,能身體力行,這就是捨。
所以我的心中沒有煩惱,我的心中沒有掛礙,捨了一切的煩惱,我的內心不管什麼時候,都是法喜,法喜、禪悅,禪悅就是定,不受外面什麼樣的環境,來影響我的心。
哪怕現在這個生死,我也可以了解,生老病死苦,時間如果到了,皆歸盡,不管是富有,或者是貧窮,不管是位高,或者是貧賤,到了最後,總是歸盡了,就是都沒有了。
所以生死是早晚的事情,所以我對這個死,沒有什麼掛礙,再說,空啊,世間沒有一個法是永住,世間所有的物質,每一樣都是會空掉,所以成、住、壞、空,所生活的地方,天地萬物沒有一樣是永住,這就是真實的法性,所以何必去計較生命的長短。
世間一切萬法總歸都是無,還有你嗎?還有我嗎?還有天地萬物嗎?所以把這些道理看盡了,只要應該我們要做的,對的事我們都去做,這樣我們應該每天都很歡喜,每天都很輕安,何必這麼的惶恐憂愁,不需要。
大家聽了,對啊,所以不管我的生命有長短,我不必掛礙,既然來到這裡,既來之,則安之,生死自然,所以大家的心,心開意解了,大家的心定下來了。
駁足這位鬼王,他聽了以後,他也很感動,其實他也是大根機的人,也是大權示現的人,所以他聽了以後,不只是歡喜,甚至證初地,菩薩地,他證了初地,內心完全開解,歡喜地,滿心的歡喜,所以從此開始解開了他的心結,那種暴惡的心,抱怨、埋怨的心都沒有了,心都開解了。
所以他就提議,不殺你們這些人,我們大家共同來生活,甚至共成為一家,我們就等於是兄弟一樣,但是我已經向這些羅剎夜叉,已經說過,千王來祭祀,我也應該要對他們有個交代。
普明王就說:「可以啊!他們所愛的就是血,千王,大家用一個盆、桶子,裝一些水來,每一個人就刺一滴血,滴入盆中的水中,千王滴血入水中,融為一盆的血來供羅剎夜叉,這樣就完成這個願了。
甚至除了血以外,每一個人拔三根頭髮,這就等於是全身都獻祭了,千王,大家覺得在這裡可以聽法,普明王能夠每天跟他們分享,他所得到內心的真理,所以一些國王都不想要回去了,要把他們的家屬,全都帶來這個地方。
所以千王入宅,在這個五山(都五山)中,稱為一個大國,當然後面還有它的故事未了。
各位我們大家要認清,「法」,其實如果可以入心,不管遇到什麼樣的困難,我們都可以真正自在,自在的心因緣會合,那就能夠影響一個場所。
所以「說法處應有大因緣」,這也是因緣成就,所以我們聽法的人,也應該時時心存感恩,我們若常常有感恩心,我們就可以輕安自在,這就是我們修行最重要的關鍵,所以人人要時時多用心。
回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

文章總數 : 29103
年齡 : 70
來自 : 台中
威望 : 1661
注冊日期 : 2009-01-11

發表主題: 回復: 20130423《靜思妙蓮華》王舍城的由來(二)   20130423《靜思妙蓮華》王舍城的由來(二) Empty周三 4月 24, 2013 1:34 pm

回頂端 向下
志志
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 968
威望 : 72
注冊日期 : 2009-04-25

發表主題: 回復: 20130423《靜思妙蓮華》王舍城的由來(二)   20130423《靜思妙蓮華》王舍城的由來(二) Empty周五 7月 12, 2013 1:40 pm

Explanations by Master Cheng-Yan
Subject: Origin of City of the House of Kings (2) (王舍城的由來二)
Date: April. 23, 2013

The place the Dharma was spoken came about with great causes and conditions. When those with great blessings and virtues wondrously gathered at the assembly, the noble teachings could be spread widely and passed down to future generations. Therefore now our hearts must be filled with gratitude.

This is telling us that nothing can be achieved without causes and conditions, so expounding great Dharma certainly requires great ones. A place where the Dharma was expounded must have come about because of certain reasons. Causes and conditions such as those with great blessings and virtues gathering are needed to widely spread these noble teachings. Only if the noble teachings are spread can they grow to cover a broad area and protect future generations. If not for this assembly at Vulture Peak, if not for this great assembly, we would have no Lotus Sutra to listen to today. So, we need to spread these noble teachings to widely benefit future generations. Over 2000 years later, we can still hear the Dharma expounded by Buddha. Therefore, today we must be very grateful. With a heart of gratitude, we must hear and take the Dharma into our hearts and apply it to our living. Previously I explained that City of the House of Kings came to be when King Marked-Foot was under siege by the kings of 1000 small kingdoms. He came to Vulture Peak and when evil ghosts and raksas wanted to harm him, he said, “Well, if you capture me, just one person, for your sacrificial rite, that number would be too insignificant. But, if you let me be the King of Ghosts and command all of you, I vow to capture 1000 kings for the sacrifice.”
At that time, Marked-Foot felt resentment toward the 1000 kings for sending troops against him. So, he vowed to rule the raksas and use their powers to capture 1000 kings. The raksas and evil ghosts were very enthusiastic, so they named Marked-Foot the King of Ghosts. From then on, they went out and captured the kings of 999 small kingdoms. They caught them one by one and imprisoned them. The last one was King Shrutasoma. He devoutly believed in Buddhism and was a benevolent king who treasured his people. He especially believed in the true Dharma, so he had a strong faith. When something was spoken, he faithfully accepted and practiced it. When King Shrutasoma was caught, he knew he was the last of the 1000 kings, so they would all soon be offered to the mountain spirits. But he had already decided that his country would hold an unrestricted Dharma-ceremony.They would open the national treasury and hand out provisions to everyone.
The day drew near, but before he made it happen, he was captured.For these reasons, he felt very sad, and he cried.Ghost King Marked-Foot said, “He can you be so gutless?You cried as soon as you arrived.”King Sharutasma replied, “I am sad.You are holding many kings captive.
They are now about to die.With may arrival to complete [the total], our lives will end at your hands.This is the first reason I am sad.The second is that others will lose trust in me.”
“What do you mean?”He said, “All my life I kept word and spoke the truth.Once I gave my word that will do something, I always did it.I have already told my people that I will hold a great ceremony that is open to all, [where provisions and teachings will be given] I have not yet held this assembly, so I have not kept my word to the people.Because of this, I feel sad.”Ghost King Marked-Foot wondered, “Is there really such a person?”Because he wanted to test him, he said, “All right, I can let you go.Will you really come back willingly?”The king said, “I absolutely will.Give me three days, and I will come back on time.”Thus he was released.
In these three days, King Shtuyasoma returned to his country and quickly announced, “Everyone, quickly assemble here and receive provisions through this Dharma-ceremony.”At the same time, he summoned his crown prince.When his ministers were assembled, he said, “Today I hand over state affairs to the prince. I hope all the ministers will support the crown prince as they have supported me.Together, please rule with benevolence, treasure the people, and take care of the citizens.”Everyone felt dismayed that such a good king had encountered this kind of situation.
But once the king gave his word, he would absolutely not go back on it.So after three days, he returned to Vulture Peak.
He looked peaceful and free.Happiness and joy could be seen on his face.When Ghost King Marked-Foot saw the king, and the joy shining on his face, he remarked, “You have returned.Did you know that your return means that you are coming to die?How can a person who is about to die be so happy?”King Shrutasoma answered, “Because in my heart, I feel gratitude.”
“First I am grateful that I have encountered the noble teachings.Because noble teachings entered my heart, I can do things in my daily living and be someone the people can rely on.This is one major thing I am grateful for.Next I am grateful for you, the Ghost King.You were willing to give me three days so I could keep their trust and fulfill my word.Therefore I am very grateful for that.My heart if filled with gratitude, with the joy of faithfully accepting and practicing Dharma.”
The Ghost King heard this and found it strange.This teaching seemed so great; it could help a person facing death feel so happy, so joyous. What was this person thinking?The Ghost King said, “Tell me. I want to hear the teachings you have received.”So King Shrutasoma made a request, “Since I will speak on this, I also hope that the other 999 kings can listen as well. Then everyone can share in the noble teachings that I am so grateful for.”Since the 1000 kings were held together, their escape was not feared. Therefore the 1000 kings were assembled. They were on the verge of death, so every person was sorrowful and in a panic. But when they saw King Shrutasoma and how happy and at ease he was, with Dharma-joy shining from his face, they calmed down and listened attentively. They were curious to hear the kind of Dharma he held in his mind.
Then King Shrutasoma began to speak the teachings given by awakened noble beings. He spoke teachings on loving-kindness, compassion, joy and equanimity, along with great unconditional kindness and universal compassion. Unconditional loving-kindness means that any person’s happiness, even a person unrelated to me, can lead ne to feel very happy. This is great loving-kindness.With great compassion, I cannot bear to let sentient beings suffer. My life and the lives of all sentient beings are interconnected as one entiny. The suffering of sentient beings is my suffering. Therefore I will quickly find ways to help them. When sentient beings resolve their difficulties. And receive help, that sense of happiness is my happiness. I feel at peace. This is great compassion. I have no regrets about helping sentient beings so I feel very peaceful.
Thus every day, I feel free and at ease. When sentient beings are blessed, I feel happy. When sentient beings are freed from sufferings, I feel at peace. So every day, my heart is at ease. Loving-kindness and compassion must be put into action. We must know to give with equanimity. If we just feel kind, compassionate and loving but are not able to let go, we have no way to help others. Therefore equanimity must be practiced through giving. Therefore we must personally put all this into action. Then after we act, we have a sense of ease and joy that helps us let go of afflictions. when we physically practice equanimity, we are letting go. Thus my mind is free of afflictions. I have no worries, and I am able to let go of all afflictions. so my mind, at all times, is filled with Dharma-joy, the joy of meditation.The joy of meditation is Samadhi. Whatever happens in my surroundings, my mind is not affected.
Even life and death are things I can understand, as well as the pains of birth, aging, illness and death. When the times, all things end. Whether we are rich or poor, have a high status or are low-class, in the last moment, all of that ends and no longer exists. Death comes sooner or later, so I am not worried about death.Then there is emptiness. Nothing in this world abides forever. All material things in this world, every single thing, will disappear. Formation, existence, decay and disappearance apply to everything. Nothing in the world abides forever.This is the true nature of
All things.So,why be concerned over the length of life?All things in the world will disappear in the end.Will you still exist?Will I still exist?Will anything still exist?If we understand this principles,we will do the things we needto do;we will do the right things.Then we will be very happy every day.Why be so eaxious and worried?There is no need.When everyone heard this,they felt,“This is true!No matter how long I live,I do not need to be worried.Since I am at this place,Since I am already here,I will be at peace.Living and dying is natural.”So they become open-minded and understanding,and their minds clamed.
The Ghost King,Marked-Foot,heard this and also became very touched.In fact,he was a man with high capabilities and had manifested great potential.So after he heard this, not only was he happy, he even attained the first Bodhisattva ground He attained that first ground and his heart became open and understanding. This was the Ground of Joy He was filled with happiness. From then on, he untangled the knots in his mind.The entanglements of violence and evil in his heart, and even his complaints and grievances, dissolved and disappeared.
So he proposed this, “I will not kill you Let us all live together, even become one family.We will be like brothers. But I have already told these raksas that I will sacrifice 1000 kings to them. I still need to fulfill that obligation.”King Shrutasoma said, “We can. They crave blood. The 1000 kings will use a basin, a bucket. After filling it with water, we will prick ourselves and let a drop of blood fall into the bucket of water.” The 1000 kings dripped blood into the water and offered the pail of blood as the sacrifice. That satisfied his vow. Aside from blood, each of them pulled out three hairs.That symbolized the offering of their bodies. Then the 1000 kings felt that they could listen to the Dharma here. They wanted to listen to King Shrutasoma share the true principles he had attained, so some of the kings did not want to go home. They wanted to bring their families to this place.The 1000 kings built houses in these five mountains so it was declared a kingdom.I will continue this story tomorrow.
Everyone, we must clearly recognize the Dharma. Indeed, if it can enter our hearts, no matter what difficulty arises, we can still be truly at ease. A heart at ease, under the right causes and conditions, can change a place. Therefore, “the place where Dharma is spoken comes about with great causes and conditions.”
So, we who listen to the Dharma must be grateful at all times. If we constantly feel a sense of gratitude, we can be feel at ease and free. This is vital to our spiritual practice. So everyone, please always be mindful.
(Source: Da Ai TV - Wisdom at Dawn program – Explanation by Master Chen-Yen)
回頂端 向下

20130423《靜思妙蓮華》王舍城的由來(二)
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: 靜思晨語 :: 靜思晨語—靜思妙蓮華-
前往: