Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20130424《靜思妙蓮華》王舍城的由來(三)

向下 
2 posters
發表人內容
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

文章總數 : 29103
年齡 : 70
來自 : 台中
威望 : 1661
注冊日期 : 2009-01-11

20130424《靜思妙蓮華》王舍城的由來(三) Empty
發表主題: 20130424《靜思妙蓮華》王舍城的由來(三)   20130424《靜思妙蓮華》王舍城的由來(三) Empty周三 4月 24, 2013 4:57 pm

【證嚴上人開示】
以如是無私大愛
真誠信守化暴虐
正行殷實啟悲智
山神惡王成菩提

各位,如是,「如是」就是真實,人人要用大慈悲,如是大慈大悲,如是誠正信實,無私的心付出大愛,人人若能真誠信守,自然我們就能化解暴虐。
前面已經說過,普明王,他就是用如是真誠的心,展現那分大愛,能夠將暴虐的心,和羅剎夜叉的那種心,能夠把它化解過來,這就是要靠我們平時,不只是有信仰,虔誠禮拜,這樣就好,不只是這樣。
虔誠在內心,正行在外,所以我們要正行殷實,所做的事情,我們要言行合一,這樣才有辦法,說服那種暴虐的心,調伏那種惡念無明,如果能夠這樣,不就是成菩提了?
所以普明王能夠說服駁足,和千王同時結為很好的朋友,如兄如弟,成立了一個真正的,就是人人為一家;用什麼方法,能再向山神信守承諾?那就是千人每人一滴血,三根頭髮,合起來叫做髮膚血肉,這樣來祭祀山神,這就是智慧。
就這樣開始,駁足就將千王釋放回去了,人人得到自由,共同一念心,大家約好,人生即使江山再大,妾,再美的妾,豪華的宮殿也不是長久的,所以認為法才是永恆。
所以大家約好,共同要來靈鷲山修行,來聽法,所以回去,開始將小國就委政於太子,給第二代的孩子,帶著願意跟隨他的人,就全都集合回到這個山上來,這山脈總共有五座山,五個山群合起來,就是一個靈鷲山。
所以在這當中,也有很多百姓,覺得國王已經在這個地方,建舍了,所以他的國家,千國的人民,有的人也願意,跟著國王來這個地方建舍,也來這裡蓋房子。
所以一時之間,這個地方的人口都增加起來了,很多人都來這裡蓋房子,除了一般的百姓以外,當然千王也立舍在這個地方,但是不知道為什麼,有七次火災,火災的地方,都是一般的民眾的房子,唯獨國王的房子沒有被燒。
所以因為這樣,有很多百姓覺得很奇怪,一般民眾的房子一而再,已經是七次被火燒,唯獨王所蓋的房子,都沒有被燒到。
所以大家就想,來向王請求,請求不如我們的房子,都把它稱為王舍,所以在這當中,大家認為亦可行,凡是來到這裡建房子,每一間房子,每一個家庭,都可以讓它叫做王舍。
所以從這樣開始,一般的百姓也能稱舍為王,我們就可以知道,當初這千王,共聚一處,在深入佛法,那分心的平靜,階級都已經平等了,尤其這個「舍」字,也能改為「赦」。
就是一王赦千王,這也是赦,尤其是千王允許所有的百姓,在這個地方建立家園,都能夠稱為「王舍」,這就是一個真正和平的世界,所以稱為王舍城。
這裡已經成立了很多人口,很多人的家都住在這裡,尤其是這座山,房子這樣建起來,看過去等於是一個城一樣,所以叫做王舍城。
王舍城總號的國又是在哪裡呢?當然這不過是一個國,舍衛國裡面的一個城,當然這個城在群山裡面,有五座山合起來,這座山還有一個號,通稱,叫做耆闍崛,我們譯為靈鷲,就是那個形狀好像鷲鳥的頭。
看,有的時候我如果要去臺東,如果到了接近鹿野那個地方,不由自己就會向東邊看,那個地方有一座山,有一個角度看起來,好像是佛的頭,這很不可思議,角度不同,你去看,每一次從那裡經過,每一次都是內心覺得很歡喜,那個地方叫做都蘭山。
都蘭山是我走過的路,當時真的是懵懵懂懂,聽人家說那個地方有仙人,自然就會好奇心,五、六個人涉過都蘭溪,爬上都蘭山,去到像一個佛頭,那個鼻尖上面,就是最高峰的地方,其實到那裡去找,什麼都沒有,只是八、九個鐘頭的路走過來,那種危險的路程,實在是過程很危險,好像在探險一樣。
當然大地山河,一山高過一山,尤其是山水的變化真的是莫測,曾經跟大家說過,一股水出來,熱的和冷的同源,明明看它是同一個地方出來的,但是冷熱同源,這說起來,可能大家也是感覺到,很不可思議,但是要跟你們說如是真實,是真實的,是這樣的,這實在是奇妙莫測。
天地之間,這是我曾經去走過的,但是現在常常從那裡過,總是有一種感受,感受到那分很親切的感覺,那座山很大,一山越過一山,真的是,這是一個很奇妙(的經歷)。
但是我們現在路這樣走,所走過,由不同的角度看,不同的形態,我想印度這個靈鷲山,應該也就是,從某一個角度看過去,確實有鷲鳥的頭,那個形。
在幾年前,我們的《經典》雜誌,有去探勘過了,去看過了過去兩千五百多年前,當時佛陀(說法)的遺址,遺留下來說法的地方,到底是什麼樣子?
人走到那裡已經照了相,但是是不是過去那個靈鷲山呢?那個平台看起來沒有很大,一點點而已,再看到的,除了這個平台以外,就是山,一直斜下去,後面還有山,前面是一直斜下去,感覺起來地方不大,不過現在它的名稱,就是叫做「靈鷲山」。
走到那個地方,真的有一個很舊的平台,就是佛說法的地方,看起來有一點點鷲鳥的頭形,在《經典》裡面也有相片出來,這都可以證實,以鷲鳥為名,叫做靈鷲,也叫做鷲頭。
又有人這麼說,傳說中,印度有這樣的風俗,人若往生,不是用棺木裝起來,一般人就是用天葬,所以在靈鷲山的南邊有一座山,叫做尸陀林,這個尸陀林,這個地方就是人往生了,就抬到那個地方,天葬,不管是日曬或者是雨淋,讓它很自然的腐化。
腐爛之後,鳥都會集過來那個地方,吃這些屍體的肉,所以在那個地方,有很多鷲鳥在那裡棲止,因為那個地方,有很多牠們的食物,就是天葬的屍體在那裡,所以叫做尸陀林。
就是在鷲山南邊的山,有這樣的地方,也是很多鷲鳥集中的地方,因為這樣叫做靈鷲山。
又有傳說中,這個山有很多山神,羅剎鬼神在這個地方,這是古代傳說,因此當時的人就稱呼這個地方,為鷲山,這個山的周圍,靠近城,在摩竭陀國的城附近,不很遠,這座山有五個穴,五個穴就是五個洞,山洞。
根據古代的傳說,這五個山洞,佛居於中間,不只現在的釋迦牟尼佛是這樣,其他過去的諸佛,都是在這個地方說法,都是在這裡說《法華經》,佛,過去的諸佛,也是居住在這五個穴的中間,其他周圍的穴是弟子所居住,這是過去這樣的傳說。
這個地方,也是佛講經最多的地方,所以這個地方稱為靈山,佛滅度之後,也是羅漢所居住的地方,所以說這個靈鷲山,好像很有靈氣,但是外面的人來看這座山城,所看的不太一樣。
有的人看起來,這個地方沒有什麼,無不都是土、樹、草、石,只是這樣而已;有的人看,不對,像是七寶莊嚴;有的人看的形態不同,卻是有的人看到的,感覺這個地方好像諸佛遊行,是一個不可思議的聖境。
各人的心靈境界不同,就像我剛才在說的都蘭山,各人在不同的角度來看那座山,就是不同的形態,偏偏有一個地方看起來,就是很像一個佛頭,有的人說,哪有,我看不像;我看的很像,等等;不同的看法,經過解釋之後,有有有,從這個角度看到的,很像一個佛頭。
就像我們在關渡,看過去觀音山,為什麼它的名字叫做觀音山?像一尊觀音菩薩的形態在那裡,像觀世音菩薩的頭形在那裡;看看,真的喔,遠遠的地看過去,有像,剛好要去我們關渡的那條路,你眼睛向前看,很像。
所以一座山,我們用什麼境界去看這座山,就像什麼形,何況剛才我說過,天地很多不可思議,奇妙的形態,人如果到了那個境界,你所看到的,就算是自己親眼看到的,也會覺得很奇妙,不可思議。
但是有的人聽到,哪有可能?這就是境界,真的踏上那個境界,就是真實,在外面用猜的,都是不如是。
所以「以如是無私大愛」,「真誠信守化暴虐」,這種這麼暴惡的境界,就是需要真誠,要信守,所以信為道源功德母,我們如果說話讓人相信,自然就能轉心境,轉暴惡為慈祥,這不是不可能。
但是光是用說的沒有用,必定要正行殷實,就可以啟開悲智雙運,就像這樣的山神惡王,也可以成菩提。
所以集中在這個,很有靈氣的山裡面,過去的諸佛,現在的佛,都是在這裡說法,這是一個靈山。
「靈山只在汝心頭」,所以人人都有一個靈山塔,只好向我們的內心,好好去找出我們心中的靈山,所以人人要時時多用心。
回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

文章總數 : 29103
年齡 : 70
來自 : 台中
威望 : 1661
注冊日期 : 2009-01-11

發表主題: 回復: 20130424《靜思妙蓮華》王舍城的由來(三)   20130424《靜思妙蓮華》王舍城的由來(三) Empty周三 4月 24, 2013 9:52 pm

回頂端 向下
志志
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 968
威望 : 72
注冊日期 : 2009-04-25

發表主題: 回復: 20130424《靜思妙蓮華》王舍城的由來(三)   20130424《靜思妙蓮華》王舍城的由來(三) Empty周日 7月 14, 2013 7:19 pm

Explanations by Master Cheng-Yan
Subject: Origin of City of the House of Kings (3) (王舍城的由來三)
Date: April. 24, 2013

With the Suchness of unselfish Great Love, sincerity and faithful observance, one can transform the brutal. With diligent right actions, one can awaken compassion and wisdom. Then mountain spirits, evil kings can attain Bodhi.

Everyone, Suchness refers to true principles. We should exercise great compassion. Suchness of great loving-kindness, compassion, sincerity, integrity, trust and steadfastness [can help us] unselfishly demonstrate Great Love. If we can maintain sincerity and faith, then we can naturally transform the brutal and abusive. As I have already said, King Shrutasoma used his honesty and sincerity to demonstrate that kind of Great Love. He was able to transform brutal, abusive hearts, such as those of raksas and yaksas. For us to do this in our daily living, it is not enough to only hold religious beliefs or just reverently pay our respect. We need to do more. Sincerity is in our hearts; right actions must be taken to help others. Therefore, we must diligently take right actions. In all that we do, our words and deeds must be unified. This is the only way to influence brutal and abusive hearts and to tame unwholesome thoughts and ignorance. If we can do this, haven’t we attained Bodhi? This was how Shrutasoma convinced Marked-Foot and became good friends with the thousand kings; they were like brothers. Indeed, these individuals truly became one family. How did he fulfill the promise to the mountain spirits? The thousand kings each gave one drop of blood and three strands of hair. Together this was called a sacrifice of hair, skin, flesh, and blood for the mountain spirits. This [was done with] wisdom. This was how things began. King Marked-Foot released the thousand kings. When they gained their freedom, they all shared a single thought:No matter how big their kingdoms were, how beautiful their concubines were, how luxurious their palaces were, none of that would last. They believed that only the Dharma is eternal. So, they agreed to gather at Vulture Peak for spiritual practice and listening to the Dharma.
They went home and entrusted governance of their small kingdoms to the crown princes, to the next generation. Then they brought those who were willing to follow them to gather on this mountain. Within this range, there were five mountains. The whole area with these five mountains was called Vulture Peak. Meanwhile, many citizens saw their kings building houses in this place. Among the citizens of the thousand kingdoms, some were also willing to follow their kings to live there.They built homes there as well.So within a short amount of time, the population of this place grew.Many people came to build homes there.Aside from ordinary citizens, naturally the thousand kings built houses there as well.
But for unknown reasons, there were seven fires.The properties the fires destroyed all belonged to ordinary citizens, only the kings’ houses did not burn.Many citizens found this very strange.
The houses of ordinary citizens were burned on seven occasions.Only the houses of the kings did not burn.So they thought, “Let us ask the kings if we may call our houses ‘houses of kings’”.
Everyone agreed that this could work.So anyone who built a house there, every house, every family, called their house the house of kings.
From then on, ordinary citizens could also say their house was a house of kings.From this we know that when these thousand kings gathered in one place to penetrate deeply into the Buddha-Dharma, their peaceful hearts equalized all castes.In particular, the Chinese word “house” sounds like “to pardon,” as in one king pardoned a thousand kings.
Another form of pardon is when the thousand kings allowed citizens to establish homes there and call them all “hose of kings”.This was a truly peaceful world, thus it was called City of the House of Kings.A large population established homes there, especially on this mountain.With the construction of the houses, from afar it looked just like a city, so it was named City of the House of Kings.It was the capital of the Kingdom of Magadha but was not a kingdom in and of itself.And City of the House of Kings was on this cluster of five mountains.
These mountains have another name, Grdhrakuta.We translate that as “vulture,” the mountain resembled the head of a vulture.Sometimes, when I go to Taitung, if I am close to the town Luye, I cannot help but look east.There sits a mountain that, from a certain angle, looks like the Buddha’s head.This is incredible.Go see for yourself.View it from a different angle.
Every time I pass by there, I feel very happy.That place is called Dulan Mountain.I have visited it before.At that time I did not know very much.I had heard that were immortals there, and so naturally I became curious.Five or six of us crossed the Lan River to climb Dulan Mountain.
We got to the summit that looked like the bridge of the Buddha’s nose.Actually, we did not find anything there.We spent eight or nine hours on that treacherous journey.Indeed, the process was very dangerous, like going on an expedition.We walked through mountains and rivers, each mountain was higher than the next.Changes in the terrain were truly unpredictable.
I have told everyone about a spring were hot and cold water sprouted from the same source. The water clearly came from the dame place, but it was both hot and cold. When I talk about this, perhaps you feel that this is inconceivable. But I want to tell you, this is the truth; this happens. This is truly amazing and beyond understanding. I have been to a place like that in this world. Now, as l often pass by there, I always feel a kind of closeness. That mountain is very big, and each peak surpasses the next. This (experience) was truly incredible.As we walk a path we have traveled, when we look at things from a different angle, we can see a new perspective. I believe that Vulture Peak in India. Probably, from a certain angle, had the appearance of the head of a vulture.
Several years ago, our magazine, Rhythms Monthly, surveyed a few historic sites where the Buddha stayed (to expound the Dharma) over 2500 years ago. They showed what these places look like. They took photos there, but was it really the Vulture Peak of the past? The platform was not very big; it was tiny. The terrain surrounding the platform sloped downward. There were mountains behind and a slope in the front. The area did not seem big. Now it is called vulture Peak. When you go there, there really is an eroded platform. That is where the Buddha expounded the Dharma. The area looks a little like a vulture’s head. Rhythms Monthly published these pictures to prove that it was named Vulture Peak after the bird. It is also called Vulture Head.
Some people also said that, according legend, there was a custom in India that when a person died, they were not put into a coffin. Most people had a sky burial.So to the south of the Vulture Peak, there is a mountain called Sitavana. Sitavana was a place where those who passed away were taken for their sky burial. Everything, from sunshine to rain, would cause the body to naturally decompose. After it rotted, birds gathered there to eat the flesh of the corpse. So, many vultures perched at that place because there was a lot of food there for them; there were lots of corpses from sky burial. So Sitavana, or Woods of the Corpses, was south of Vulture Peak. It was a place where many vultures gathered, this is why that area is called Vulture Peak.
Another legend says that this mountain had many mountain spirits, many raksas and ghosts. This is an ancient legend. Therefore people of that time called this place Vulture Peak.This mountain was close to a city of the Kingdom of Magadha. This mountain held five dens; five dens meant five mountain caverns. Based on ancient legend, among these five caverns, the Buddha resided in the center one. Aside from Sakyamuni Buddha, all Buddhas before Him had also expounded the Dharma there. They all expounded the Lotus Sutra there. The Buddha and all Buddhas of the past lived in the center of these five dens, and the disciples lived in the surrounding dens. This is an old legend. This was also the place where the Buddha expounded sutras most often, so it is called Spiritual Peak.
After the Buddha entered Parinivana, Arhats also lived here. It is said Vulture Pear seems to have a powerful spiritual energy, but outsiders who come to this city in the mountains may see something different. Some people do not see much in this place, merely dirt, trees, grass and rocks. That is all. Some people think differently and see that it seems to be adorned by seven treasures. People see different things. Some people see are in feel as though all Buddhas were in procession there, that is an unbelievably sacred place.Each individual’s spiritual state differs.
As for the Dulan Mountain I mentioned, from each person’s differing angle, the mountain takes on a different appearance. It is such that from one place, it looks a lot like the Buddha’s head. Some say, “What? It doesn’t look like that.” Or, “It looks like that to me,” etc. there are different perspectives. After some explanation, some say, “Yes, yes, from this angle, it does look like the Buddha’s head.”
For example. When we are in Guandu, we can see Guanyin Mountain. Why is it called Guanyin Mountain? It has the appearance of Guanyin Bodhisattva, the shape of head. Really, you can see it. From afar, the resemblance is there. On the road to Guandu, if you look straight ahead, the resemblance is remarkable. As for a mountain, the mindset we used to see it determines the shape we see. As I said earlier, this universe contains many unbelievable, incredible forms. When people have reached a certain state, what they see, even if they see it with their own eyes, will seem amazing, inconceivable. But others will hear this and think that this is impossible. This depends on our state of mind. when we rise to a certain state, we see truth. When we are not there yet, we speculate; we do not see what is such “With the Suchness of unselfish Great Love, sincerity, faith and observance, one can transform the brutal and abusive.” A brutal mindset needs honesty and sincerity, faith and observance. Faith is the source of the Way, mother of merits. If what we say is trustworthy, we can naturally transform minds and evil into kindness. This is not impossible.
But just talking about it is useless. The right actions must be taken to awaken both compassion and wisdom. Even mountain spirits and evil kings can attain Bodhi. So, gathered on this mountain with great spiritual energy, were all the past and current Buddhas, who expounded the Dharma there Vulture Peak is a spiritual mountain “The Vulture Peak is in our minds. We all have a pagoda on our Vulture Peak. We just have to look carefully within to find the Vulture Peak in our hearts. So everyone, please always be mindful!
(Source: Da Ai TV - Wisdom at Dawn program – Explanation by Master Chen-Yen)
回頂端 向下

20130424《靜思妙蓮華》王舍城的由來(三)
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: 靜思晨語 :: 靜思晨語—靜思妙蓮華-
前往: