Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20130430《靜思妙蓮華》志為福田僧

向下 
2 posters
發表人內容
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

文章總數 : 29103
年齡 : 70
來自 : 台中
威望 : 1661
注冊日期 : 2009-01-11

20130430《靜思妙蓮華》志為福田僧 Empty
發表主題: 20130430《靜思妙蓮華》志為福田僧   20130430《靜思妙蓮華》志為福田僧 Empty周二 4月 30, 2013 11:38 pm

【證嚴上人開示】
秉德典範悲智雙運
群眾和敬戒德兼具
能依佛智摧滅煩惱
啟福慧行耕大福田

這也就是要我們修行,必定要成為福田僧,福田就是,和眾生接觸能夠度化眾生,這叫做福田僧。
自己自種福田,還能種他人的福田,出家稱為比丘、比丘尼,我們一定要具足,第一要破惡,不要讓煩惱覆了我們的心。
第二要怖魔,我們要怖魔,煩惱時時在我們的周圍,我們的見解、思想,有一點點偏差,就受魔道誘引,所以怖魔破惡。
再來就是我們修行形態,就是乞食,乞食就是內能調心,外能化緣,生活能夠很簡單的生活,應量,應我們吃多少的量,讓我們的身體健康,要用的東西也是應量,我們穿幾件衣服足夠了,不必再囤積很多,但是我們的心若沒有控制好,欲門一開,惡念一生,就開始貪欲,貪就無止境了。
吃的,不是簡單的,穿的,不是樸素的,超越了修行者的界限,這樣就不對了,這就是心不調,修行就是要調和我們的心。
所以讓我們乞食,不要為了生活的事情,那麼操心,每天能過就好了,這就是修行。
除了這樣,我們不能離開人群,我們要外能化緣,看看我們慈濟宗門,四十多年如一日,從開始到現在,開始是教富濟貧,要啟發人人的愛心,同樣住在這片土地,有多少,忍飢忍寒,多少人生活中無奈,很不好過,我們就趕快呼籲吃穿有餘的人,啟發他的一念不忍之心,去幫助別人,這叫做教富。
當然有的很富有,他也能起一分愛心,他就能普遍更多的人,這就是佛教徒接受了教化,知道要布施的心;想一想十個人十口飯,每個人少一口飯,十個人少十口飯,這樣就能提供給一個人,不必在那裡餓死、冷死,這就是教富濟貧。
看看緬甸一陣大水災,慈濟人趕快去那裡關懷,後來臺灣莫拉克颱風,他們那邊聽到了,緬甸那個地方人民貧困,他們也甘願獻出他們的撲滿,他們甘願少吃一點糧食,願意提供出來布施,還用很虔誠的心為臺灣祈禱,甚至沒錢的人,他也能夠去付出。
最貧窮的國家,辛巴威,辛巴威是那麼窮,家家戶戶,又在那麼不平靜的社會,因為我們去幫助過,這個因,他們又回過來要回饋,哪怕是一分錢,五角,他們的錢很小很小,這種愛心,哪怕只是一點,他們還是同樣很願意,用心跟人合起來幫助,這就是愛。
其實無因不成緣,你給他一份福緣,自然他的愛心就容易啟發,因為眾生過去,就比較沒有法的資糧,過去沒有接觸佛法,沒有聽到佛法,沒有做過好事,所以今生來世,生活很困難。
我們讓他有一個因緣,先供僧,開始信仰,再來就是聞法,然後就知道自己的因緣果報,惡的不要計較,善的大家來做,這就是聞法的好處。
所以我們要依佛智,堅定我們的信心,去摧毀掉種種的障礙,我們想要發大心,魔也會恐怖,所以會現境來阻撓我們,我們要有毅力,所以智慧要有毅力,我們才能撥除這種,身心內外境界的阻礙。
就如四十多年前,我開始說要做慈濟,認識我的人就說,某某人很有智慧,他說不受供養,但是他換一個名詞,說要救濟,收錢救濟人,自己難道用不到嗎?
像這麼惡的聲音,我自己就想,要信已無私,相信人人有愛,這個念頭就在那時候,我就開始了,若聽到這樣的聲音,我就自己自我勉勵,信已無私,要加強我這分誠正信實的心念,無私心,我相信人人有愛,只要我做得好,人人會響應。
這也是一種魔境,我若是心在那裡,受外面的聲音破壞,內心就起一念灰心,覺得我要這麼做,你怎麼這麼說我,心灰意冷,今天就沒有慈濟宗門。
所以我們要摧滅煩惱,不論外面的境界如何,在阻礙我們,我們若是發這念大心,絕對不要受他影響。
所以比丘,比丘就是要有,破惡、怖魔、乞士這三項,叫做比丘。
其實比丘另外一個名字,叫做僧伽。
比丘亦名僧伽
稱和合眾
一人不名和合
四人以上乃名和合

一個不算和合眾,兩個也不算和合眾,四個以上,這樣才算是和合眾,和合眾,就是我們要如何,我的脾氣去和你的脾氣,因為我們人人,生活在不同的家庭,不同社會的經歷,家庭的習慣,忽然間要大家在一起,這也不是很容易的事。
但是來到一個道場必定要和合,要和合,就要將我們過去生活的習氣,我們要完全放下了,重新適合新的環境,共同在這個新環境中和齊生活,這樣才能稱為和合眾,這個和合眾有兩種:
和合有二
一、理和
二、事和
理和
同證擇滅無為
謂聲聞之人
用智揀擇
遠離見思繫縛
是人類最高智慧
所選擇的寂滅法

第一要理和合,我們來這裡就是要修行,當然道理要和合,我們共同修行是一個方向,共同修行的方向必定要平齊,所以這個理要和,所以說「同證擇滅無為」。
我們大家都要學,學到我們能夠去體會擇滅無為,佛陀說法三根普被,大、中、小根器的人在那裡聽,就要自己用智慧吸收,小根機的人聽佛說法,他能知道佛陀所說的教法,要我退一步,海闊天空;有的人聽了,不只是退一步,我們還要讓他;又有人聽了,不只是退一步,又讓他,還要心生感恩。
同一句話,聽的深淺根機不同,佛所說的法,總是聽的人要自己去選擇,所以聲聞人聽了用智揀擇,用你的智慧去選擇這句話,在你的內心能有作用的範圍,不論你如何接受,只要你接受,就能遠離見思繫縛。
我們要知道,各人有各人的見思,好像一條繩子把我們綁住,綑住一樣,讓我們脫不開,解不開、想不開,這都是在見思當中,所看到的,在腦海裡想不開。
剛才舉那個例子,根機小的「擇滅無為」,不要再和他計較了,就是這麼簡單,他就不會再為了他的見解,還在頭腦裡亂想,不要和他計較了。
中根機的人,對啊,不只是不要和他計較,我們讓他,海闊天空,如此這樣的見解又不同,又再高一等;甚至還要再向你感恩,因為這種惡知識,我要向他感恩,尊重他、感恩他,他現這個境來教育我,所以應該要向他感恩。
我們若是內心少分無明去除,中分無明去除,自然深大的無明,我們都能去除,小小的去得掉,大的怎麼去不了呢?所以就很自然見思,能夠解開,這是人類最高智慧,能選擇寂滅法。
寂滅法就是不起煩惱,世間的事情,有什麼好煩惱?和人家計較,不需要,不需要,就解除了,自然我們的心,不必為過去的妄念,或者是未來的雜想,現在彼此之間的相對待,我們的心都不必起喜怒哀樂,都沒有,這不就是擇滅無為嗎?擇滅無為,就是寂靜清澄的境界,也就是涅槃的境界。
事和 六和敬
謂:戒和同修
見和同解
利和同均
身和同住
口和無諍
意和同悅

再來第二是事和,事和,就是在日常生活中,人對人,像「戒和同修」,我們今天聽到,我們要守什麼樣的規矩,我們要一起守規矩,我們若能一起守規矩,我們這個僧團就很和齊,很美。
我們一定要學,「見和同解」,我們的意見不要分歧,不要說我是想這樣,你想要這樣,我覺得這張桌子,放在這裡比較好看,你覺得要放那邊比較好,只為了一張桌子,搬來搬去,拿來拿去,不對。
或者是不要理他,看你要放在哪裡都沒關係,這樣,不適當的地方,沒有主張,這樣像道場嗎?不像。
我們要有共同,一個室內要如何佈置,共同的看法,採取最好的就對了,所以「見和同解」。
「利和同均」,大家都生活在一起,還有什麼好計較,這個東西才是我的,那個東西是你的,各人可以自己好好收拾整齊,其實誰不夠,誰能用,當然要拿別人的東西去用,要打個招呼,所以這個利和,就是物質,我們對物質等等,我們也要很和,很平均。
「身和同住」,我們的行為要能和,舉止動作,大家都互相很歡喜,我們日出而作,入夜而息,這種作息的時間,我們都是一起的,這叫做「身和同住」。
「口和無諍」,還要計較什麼?不必計較,大家說的同一個聲音,不要我這麼說,你們又再搬弄一下,又變形的,這樣也不行,會亂了人家的心,所以聽話聽清楚,說話要說好,所以口和無諍,不要有是非,人我是非的搬弄,這是惡,惡口。
「意和同悅」,大家聽到這個法很歡喜,互相分享,這就是得到法,就像得到寶一樣,所以同一個生活中,我們要和敬,不論理和事和,這樣才能秉德典範,悲智雙運,群眾和敬,戒德兼備。
修行就是希望戒德能夠俱全,又「能依佛智摧滅煩惱」,「啟福慧行」要「耕大福田」。
各位,修學佛法,若把這些文入我們的心,應該人人,都能在戒德當中去下功夫,所以人人時時多用心。
回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 20130430《靜思妙蓮華》志為福田僧   20130430《靜思妙蓮華》志為福田僧 Empty周三 五月 01, 2013 10:36 pm

回頂端 向下
志志
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 968
威望 : 72
注冊日期 : 2009-04-25

發表主題: 回復: 20130430《靜思妙蓮華》志為福田僧   20130430《靜思妙蓮華》志為福田僧 Empty周一 7月 15, 2013 9:11 am

Explanations by Master Cheng-Yan
Subject: Vow to Be Blessed-field Monastics (志為福田僧)
Date: April. 30, 2013

Be a model of virtue, exercise compassion and wisdom. Assemble in harmony and respect, to replete with precepts and virtues. Follow the Buddha’s wisdom in eliminating afflictions. Initiate the practice of blessings and wisdom and cultivate a great field of blessings.

If we want to practice spiritual cultivation, we must become blessed-field monastics. The field of blessings is where we can connect with, transform and save sentient beings. We not only plant our field of blessings, but help others plant theirs too. Monastics can be bhiksus (men) or bhiksunis (women). We must [do all the following:] First, end evil, we cannot let afflictions cover our minds. Second, we must scare demons. Afflictions surround us at all times. If our understanding and thinking deviate even slightly, we will be tempted by the demonic path. So we must scare demons and end evil. Next is the manner of our spiritual practice, which is to beg for food through alms. Inwardly, begging for alms adjusts the mind. Outwardly, we can make connections with others. We can live a very simple life, with the bare minimum. We eat only the amount we need to for our bodies to be healthy. We should also use the right amount of things. We only need several pieces of clothing; we do not need to stockpile a lot.
But if we cannot control our minds,once the door of deseir opens and evil thoughts arise, we will become greedy. Then that greed will be endless and what we eat will no be longer simple, and what we wear will no longer be plain. We will go beyond the bounds of a practitioner. This is not right. This happens when the mind is imbalanced. Spiritual practice balances the mind, and one way to do so is by begging for food as alms. We need not be so connected with our daily living. Just getting by is good enough. This is [how we engage in] spiritual practice. Besides this, we cannot avoid other people. Outwardly, we need to make connections.
Take a look at the Tzu Chi School of Buddhism. 40-plus years have passed as quickly as a day, from the beginning to the present. We started by teaching the rich, helping the poor, and inspiring love in every person. We all live in the same world. But many people suffer from hunger and cold, many people feel helpless and lead tough lives. So we must quickly call on people with extra food and clothing and awaken their compassion to help others. This is called teaching the rich. Certainly, some people are very rich. If their loving hearts are awakened, they can benefit even more people. They are Buddhists transformed by teachings, so they know to be giving and generous. Consider ten men who eat ten serving a meal. If each of them eat one fewer serving, then ten men will eat ten fewer servings and there will be enough food to feed another person.
This is how we teach the rich and help the poor.
Consider the huge floods in Burma.Tzu Chi volunteers rushed there to provide care.Later, when Typhoon Morakot reached Taiwan, the Burmese heard about it.Though they lived in poverty, they also willingly contributed rice by eating less.This is how they helped others.They also prayed sincerely for Taiwan.Even people without a penny call still contribute.The poorest country is Zimbabwe.Zimbabwe is very poor and every family must also live in a society filled with unrest.
Because we helped then in the past, because we sowed that seed, they turned around and helped us.Even if it was only a nickel or a penny, or very small amounts of money, [it showed] their love.Even though it was not very much, they still willingly and thoughtfully worked together to help [us].That is love.
In fact, conditions cannot form without causes.Once you give a person blessed conditions, his loving heart is easily awakened.Sentient beings in the past may have lacked the nourishment of Dharma.They did not come in contact with Buddha-Dharma, did not hear the Buddha’s teachings and did not do good deeds.Therefore, in this life and future lives, their living will be difficult.We provide them with causes and conditions to first make offerings to the Sangha, and then to begin to believe.Then, [with the chance] to hear the Dharma, they will understand their karmic retributions.Then they will not focus on the negative and will do what is good.This is the benefit of hearing the Dharma.So we must rely on the Buddha’s wisdom and strengthen our faith so we can overcome any kind of obstacle.When we want to make great aspirations, even the demons will be scared, and they will manifest conditions to stop us.We must have perseverance.Our wisdom must persevere so that we can eliminate these mental and physical obstacles.
For example, over 40 years ago, when I wanted to start Tzu Chi, some people who knew of me said, “That person is very wise.She claims to not accept offerings.But she is now using the excuse of helping others to collect money.Wouldn’t she spend some of it too?”When I heard such negative criticisms, I thought, “I must believe that I am selfless and that there is love in everyone.”
That was when this idea occurred to me.Whenever I heard such comments, I encouraged myself to believe in my selflessness and strengthen my thoughts of sincerity, integrity, faith and steadfastness.I was unselfish.I also believed that there is love in everyone.As long as I did well, people would be responsive.
If I allowed my mindset to fall into a demonic state, I would be harmed by critical voices and feel a sense of discouragement.I would have thought, “I am doing so much, why are you saying that about me?”I would have felt frustrated and there would be no Tzu Chi School of Buddhism today.So, we need to destroy afflictions.No matter how external conditions obstruct us, if we make this great resolution, we will never be influenced by them.
So bhiksus must be evil-enders, demon-scareres and almsmen; they must be all three to be called bhiksus.

In fact, another name for bhiksu is Sangha, or a harmonious assembly.A Sangha must have at least four people.

One person cannot be a harmonious assembly.Two does not count, either.Only a group of more than four can be considered a harmonious assembly. A harmonious assembly refers to people bringing their varying temperaments together in harmony. Because all of us grew up with different families and social experiences and formed different habits, having us suddenly all live together comes with difficulties. But now that we are at this training ground, we must live in harmony. We must completely let go of our past habitual tendencies and adapt to the new environment. We must live together harmoniously to be called a harmonious assembly.

There are two kinds of harmony:
one is harmony of principles, the other is harmony of practice with harmony of principles, all realize Nicana by eliminating discrimination and being free from contrivance. The Hearers use wisdom to be discerning and avoid the bonds of views and thinking. This is the highest wisdom of humankind. This is the method of entering Nivana they have chosen.

The first is harmony of principles. We came here for spiritual so certainly we need to have harmony of principles. Our common practice must be in the same direction and on the same level. This principles must be in harmony, so that “all realize Nirvana by eliminating discrimination and being free from contrivance.” We need to learn and experience this.
Buddha-Dharma was expounded for all capabilities. People with high, moderate and low capabilities listened and absorbed with their own wisdom. people of low capabilities listen to this teaching and understand that the Buddha is telling them to take a step back to see the bigger picture. Some people hear that and not only do they take a step back, they also accommodate others. Yet other people hear that and take it even further by feeling gratitude in their hearts. The same remark heard differently by those of varying capabilities.
The words spoken by the Buddha are ultimately discerned by the listeners. So the Hearers use wisdom to discern. We use wisdom to discern His remarks and the extent of its effect on our minds. However we receive it, as long as we accept it, we can avoid the bonds of views and thinking. We need to know that we each have different perspectives and thoughts. they are like ropes that bind us and prevent our escape. We cannot think our way out of them. This is caused by our views and thinking. When we see things, our minds are unable to let go of them.
In the passage I just quoted, those with low capabilities see the meaning as “Do not take issue with others anymore.” It is that simple. They will no longer be confused their views and understanding and will no longer take issue with others.
People of moderate capabilities think, “Exactly. Not only will we not take issue with them, we will accommodate them and be as the sky.” This view and understanding is different and is of a higher level. Some may even say, “I am grateful to them “I want to express my gratitude to negative people [for helping me spiritually]. “I respect them and thank them. “They manifested these circumstances to each me “so I need be grateful t them”.
If we can eliminate a small bit of ignorance from our mind, or a moderate bit of ignorance, naturally, we can eventually eliminate deep and tremendous ignorance. If a little bit can be eliminated, why can’t a large amount be eliminated? So naturally, our views and thinking can be opened up. The highest wisdom of humankind is that we can choose the method of entering Nirvana, a state of perfect rest where no afflictions arise. Nothing in the world is worth getting afflicted over, or taking issue others over. That is unnecessary. Since it is unnecessary, we can let go. We will not linger on past delusions of future discursive thoughts, we will live in the present moment of our interactions, instead. Then naturally our minds will not give rise to afflictive emotions. Not at all. Isn’t this realizing Nirvana by eliminating discrimination and being free from contrivance? This is a state of tranquility and clarity, and is also the state of Nirvana.

Harmony of practice is the Six Point of Unity, which are:
Unity in precepts for common practice.
Unity in views for mutual insight.
Unity in sharing benefits equally.
Unity in body to live together.
Unity in speech without discord.
Unity in mind for mutual joy.

The second is harmony of practice. Harmony of practice refers to daily living, when people interact with each other, such as “unity in precepts for common practice.” Today we hear that we all need to abide by certain rules. If we can all obey the rules, this Sangha will be very harmonious and beautiful. We must learn to have “unity in views for mutual insight.” Our views should not veer apart. Do not say, “I want it this way, you want it that way.” “I think this table will look better here. You think it will look better over there” Just over a table, we may spend a long time moving it around. That is not right. “Or perhaps I should just ignore where you put it.” If we see something inappropriate, but do not raise the issue, then is this a spiritual training ground?
No, it is not. We need to have a unified view on how to decorate the room and on how to decorate the room and pick the best option. That is “unity in views for mutual insight.”
“Unity in sharing benefits equally” means we [monastics] live together so there is no need to haggle over what is yours and what is mine.Each of us can tidy up our own things. But if one lack something, one can use another’s. Of course, if one uses another’s things, one needs to let them know. So sharing benefits equally refers to material goods. When we handle material goods and the like, we need to share them harmoniously and equally.
“Unity in body to live together.” Our conduct must be in harmony. Our manners and conduct allow everyone to be happy with each other. We work as the sun rises and rest when night comes. This is the schedule we stick to togetherIt refers to “unity in body to live together.”
“Unity in speech without discord.”What is worthy of dispute? There is no need to argue. We all speak with one voice. When someone says something, we cannot move their words around and twist them. This is inappropriate; we will confuse others. So when listening, listen carefully When speaking, speak properly.Have “unity in speech without discord” means we strive to not create interpersonal disputes and conflicts. If we do, that evil speech.
“Unity in mind for mutual joy” means when we are delighted at hearing a teaching, we share it with each other.This is because attaining the Dharma is like attaining a treasure. So when we live together, we need to have harmony and respect whether in principle or practice. Then we can be models of virtue and exercise compassion and wisdom, assemble in harmony and respect, and be replete with precepts and virtues.
We hope to achieve those through practice so we can “follow the Buddha’s wisdom in eliminating afflictions.”To “awaken blessings and wisdom”, we “cultivate a great field of blessings.” When we learn and practice Buddha-Dharma, if we can accept these words into our minds, we can cultivate precepts and virtues. So everyone, please be mindful at all times.

(Source: Da Ai TV - Wisdom at Dawn program – Explanation by Master Chen-Yen)
回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

發表主題: 回復: 20130430《靜思妙蓮華》志為福田僧   20130430《靜思妙蓮華》志為福田僧 Empty周三 8月 28, 2013 9:49 pm

靜思妙蓮華
志為福田僧
嚴法師20130430開示重點
整理者:陳映月
啟福慧行耕大福田
       秉德典範悲智雙運
群眾和敬戒德兼具
能依佛智摧滅煩惱
啟福慧行耕大福田
       和眾生接觸能夠度化眾生,這叫做福田僧。
       無因不成緣,給他一份福緣,自然他的愛心就容易啟發。
       魔境現前,聽到惡的聲音,信已無私,信人有愛,要摧滅煩惱。