Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20130517《靜思妙蓮華》摩訶迦旃延 阿㝹樓馱

向下 
2 posters
發表人內容
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

文章總數 : 29066
年齡 : 70
來自 : 台中
威望 : 1661
注冊日期 : 2009-01-11

20130517《靜思妙蓮華》摩訶迦旃延 阿㝹樓馱 Empty
發表主題: 20130517《靜思妙蓮華》摩訶迦旃延 阿㝹樓馱   20130517《靜思妙蓮華》摩訶迦旃延 阿㝹樓馱 Empty周五 五月 17, 2013 2:33 pm

回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

文章總數 : 29066
年齡 : 70
來自 : 台中
威望 : 1661
注冊日期 : 2009-01-11

發表主題: 回復: 20130517《靜思妙蓮華》摩訶迦旃延 阿㝹樓馱   20130517《靜思妙蓮華》摩訶迦旃延 阿㝹樓馱 Empty周五 五月 17, 2013 9:15 pm

【證嚴上人開示】
學佛,莫過於一念心,我們要時時,保持住一念清淨善念,這是我們每一天、每一秒鐘,都不能讓它漏失掉的,一念善心。
善心有愛最美姿
儀態表達攝人心
累世修持好習慣
付出無求心自在

這也就是要對大家說,本來人人與佛同等,人人都有大慈無量,偏偏就是我們眾生一念無明,所以生出了很多的惡念,惡念是從無明開始,所以起一分惡,就消了一分善。
我們必定要善心好好顧好,尤其是人與人之間,那分的善緣很重要,我們付出給人有愛,自然人人對我們就尊重,所以說,什麼樣的人是最可愛的人?什麼樣的人讓人看了是最尊重?可愛的人,讓人看了很順眼,也心生敬愛。
但是美姿,沒有一個標準法,是看人,跟人在一起時,讓人看了很投緣,怎麼看怎麼順眼,這就是美姿,除了心要照顧好,常常對人有愛,對人尊重以外,自己的身形也要照顧得很好。
身形不離開四威儀,行、住、坐、臥,我們的舉手動足,開口動舌,讓人看得到的都是在儀態中,像這樣,一切舉止動作,光是看了就起歡喜了,這就是攝受人心。
常常在說,統理大眾,一切無礙,要如何來統理大眾,不只是帶人,最重要的是帶心,大眾的心,我們能將之攝受,這樣我們要做什麼事,一切無礙,這也就是在我們的儀態,平時我們的舉止動作,這也是要說到心。
所以這樣這一生開始,我們若是這時候讓人看到,這個人威儀很好,那就是我們過去生中,我們也有培養這樣的習慣,這一生中,讓人看了心生歡喜,這一生中,在我們過去的習氣,有這樣這麼好的儀態的習慣,我們就要好好再珍惜,珍惜我們不要失態。
所以既有好的形態,我們要好好保持,要是不好的,現在要趕緊學習,所以這都是累世所有的。
所以「累世」,就是說過去、現在、未來,我們修持好的習慣,過去是這樣修過來的,現在也要這樣那麼好的習慣,未來也就是這樣的習慣。
所以大家不要輕視,我們日常生活起心動念,舉手動作,一切都是跟我們的未來都有關,現在一定要好好顧守。
所以在阿羅漢的群中,眾所知識,其中還有迦旃延,迦旃延比丘叫做「剪剃種」,意思就是說他的種族,就是在很遙遠很遙遠之前,在印度有很多仙人,都是入山去修行,大家都知道,印度自古以來所傳下來的,就是婆羅門教,他們對修行很重視,感覺在人生過程中的最後,一定就要修行。
所以在山林中,很多的仙人,都是離家去修行,其中那個時候,大家若進去修行,頭髮、鬍鬚都很長,無人可以剪剃,沒有人幫他修剪頭髮,剃鬍子,所以人人的形態,都是頭髮長、鬍子長。
其中有一位仙人,他有兩個兒子,有一天就進去山裡,去探視他們的父親,看到怎麼整座山裡面的修行人,都是披頭散髮,鬍鬚那麼亂,兩個兒子的其中一個,看了不忍心,他就發心要為這些仙人,剪剃頭髮和鬍鬚。
我們都知道印度氣候很熱,雖然是在山林中,若是全身都沒有整理,也是會很難過,有了這一位年輕人,願意來為他們剪剃鬚髮,所以大家很歡喜,對他就很疼惜,就很尊重,所以為他立一個族,這個族就是剪剃,這就是迦旃延尊者的名稱由來。
迦旃延:
此云剪剃種
上古多仙居山
無人剃髮
一仙人有二子
往省其父
次子為諸仙剃髮
因立族焉

所以因為這樣,《阿含經》裡面就有這麼說:
善分別義
敷演道教者
迦旃延尊者為第一

意思就是說,這位尊者,雖然他的付出受到人人的尊重,培養出那分善分別教義,修行之後,他也是辯才無礙,每到哪個地方,在人群中去弘揚佛陀的教法,一直受到人人的尊重,及依教奉行,所以他有這樣的特長,講法、說道都很好,所以佛陀稱讚他是一位,敷演道教第一。
這也就是他的特長,說起來,講法給人聽,能讓這麼多人都很肯定,那就是他過去生中,也是跟人結這麼多好緣,所以才能夠他說的話,那麼多人愛聽。
再來就是阿㝹樓馱,也可以叫做阿那律陀,阿那律陀,大家應該也很熟,記得嗎?阿難尊者在佛陀將入滅時,當時他的煩惱還沒有去除,很多比丘圍繞在佛的身邊,大家很自在,唯有阿難的情緒無法控制,跑出來外面哭,佛陀將捨報圓寂。
那個當中有一位尊者趕回來時,看到阿難在那裡放聲大哭,他就向阿難提醒,阿難啊,這個時候,不是你在這裡哭的時候,有事情,你要趕快去辦,所以阿難受到阿那律陀的指點,才趕快又回來請教佛陀,將來僧團裡面要如何降伏,將來要講經的時候,要以什麼為開頭等等。
這都是那個時候,阿難情緒無法控制時,阿那律陀提醒他,其實阿那律陀,也是釋迦族裡面的貴族,不只是貴族,也是釋迦牟尼佛的堂弟,也是阿難的堂兄,所以這是淨飯王的兄弟,所生的孩子。
阿㝹樓馱
亦云阿那律陀
亦云阿尼盧豆
此云無貧
亦云如意
乃白飯之子

說到阿那律陀的過去是很精進,很善良,那念心,他不忍心貧窮的人,所以他時時布施,不只是布施,他還對修行者很尊敬,所以因為這個因緣果報,累世都是無貧都是富有,生在富有人家。
這一生就是在王族裡面,他後來出家了,出家之後,他也是很想要精進,卻是每次佛陀開始要講經時,他就是在那裡打盹,坐下來,佛陀開始講話,他就開始打盹,佛陀若看到,就很氣,所以有一天就說,你這麼愛睡,去生在蛤蚌中,兩個蓋子蓋住,就可以安心睡。
那個時候受到佛陀在那個當中,這麼強烈的鞭策,從此開始,眼睛就不閉,從此開始,非常的精進,不管是白天,不管是晚上,眼睛若閉上,他就用草將眼睛撐開,就是要練成絕對不昏沈。
不過還是人啊!在這當中不讓眼睛閉上,變成眼睛失明了。
有一天他要補衣服,要穿針線,要穿穿不過去,眼睛看不見,自己要補衣服,要穿針線時,就喊,誰啊,哪位大德,你們慈悲,來替我穿一支針線?這當中剛好佛陀走過那個地方,聽到他的聲音,走近他的身邊,就接下他那支針線,幫他穿過去。
佛陀沒有出聲,但是阿那律陀有感覺,走近他的身邊,幫他穿針線的人是佛陀,趕緊頂禮,佛陀就問他:「你為什麼眼睛看不到?」
他就說:「懺悔,因為我聽法都會打盹,佛陀的鞭策,我開始立願,發奮忘食,不只是減食,我還要減睡,不只是減食、減睡,我連眼睛都不讓它閉下來。」
佛陀就嘆一口氣,這就是你的愚癡,我們要知道,修行需要一個健康的身體,吃飯可以調理生理,身體的健康,睡眠就像我們肚子餓,需要飯食,需要吃飯,眼睛看很多東西也要休息,就像在吸收營養一樣,你竟然極端的修行,致使你的眼睛看不到。
阿那律陀說,我沒有遺憾,我心很自在,雖然我的肉眼看不到,不過我的心眼看得到,佛陀在那當中微笑了;是啊,你的心眼看得到,看,我這樣走近,你就能知道是我,能分別,我相信你的心眼如天眼。
從今以後,你能修眼睛不必用肉眼,你能看世界人生,看天地萬物,能很清楚,你要好好運用你的天眼,就是要入心。
這是佛陀和阿那律陀,雖然他們在俗時是堂兄弟,出家之後就是師徒,佛陀對他們的疼愛,不希望他們懈怠,所以看到他在打瞌睡,他的心不捨,希望能啟發他的慧命,所以才會那麼激烈呵斥他。
就是那個時候,他才整個覺醒起來,但是自己不會好好去拿捏,如何保護自己的身體,所以才會損傷了他的眼睛,但是佛陀還是慈悲,就能這樣鼓勵他,雖然肉眼已經壞了,心眼能成長,你能訓練天眼通,所以阿那律陀,也有人說天眼頭陀。
所以在《阿含經》中就說:
我佛法中
天眼徹視者
阿那律為第一

他用功修行,所修成的就是天眼,我們平時說,心眼,都是從心,很用功去投入,這樣自然他能看到天下萬事物。
看看我們在現在,也有很多人的眼睛看不到,但是他在做工作,比別人更俐落,做得更好。
所以各位,我們的心眼要好好顧好,心眼比肉眼更重要,何況我們日常生活中,心眼若明,我們的心地就善良了,我們的心眼若明,對人互相尊重,我們自然煩惱去除,就心得自在,所以大家要時時多用心。
回頂端 向下
志志
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 968
威望 : 72
注冊日期 : 2009-04-25

發表主題: 回復: 20130517《靜思妙蓮華》摩訶迦旃延 阿㝹樓馱   20130517《靜思妙蓮華》摩訶迦旃延 阿㝹樓馱 Empty周五 五月 31, 2013 7:13 pm

Explanations by Master Cheng-Yan
Subject: Mahakatyayana and Aniruddha (摩訶迦旃延 阿㝹樓馱)
Date: May. 17, 2013
Learning Buddhism is all about training the mind. We should maintain pure and good thoughts at all times. In every day, every second, we cannot allow this goodness to leak away.

Being kind and loving gives us a most pleasing appearance. Demeanors and appearances can captivate people’s hearts. Practice and maintain good habits over many lifetimes. Give unconditionally and the mind will be free.

This tells us that we all have a nature equal to the Buddha’s and the same infinite loving-kindness. But an ignorant thought in the mind gave rise to many more unwholesome thoughts. Since negative thoughts arise from ignorance, when a bit of evil arises, a bit of good disappears. We must take good care of our goodness. In particular, good affinities between individuals are very important. When we help others with love, naturally people will respect us. So, what kind of people are the most likable? What kind of people receive the most respect? Others find likable people pleasing and feel love and respect toward them. There is no standard pleasing appearance. That sense comes from seeing that when they are with others, others feel a connection with them. No matter how you look at them, they are pleasing. This is pleasing appearance. Besides taking good care of our minds and always treating others with love and respect, we must also take good care of our physical appearance. Our appearance is inextricably tied to the Four. Demeanors: walking, standing, sitting, lying down. Every move we make and everything we say, as long as it can be seen, is a demeanor. When our actions can inspire happiness in those who see us, we can influence people’s hearts. We often talk about leading others without obstacles. How do we lead others? We are not just leading the people, but more importantly, leading their hearts. If we can influence all sentient beings’ hearts, whenever we want to do anything, there will be no obstacles. This happens because of our demeanors and our daily actions. This is how the mind works. If, since we were born, we have given others the impression of having a good demeanor, that means we have nurtured such habits in our past lives as well. In this life, if we awaken happiness in others, if we have good habits in behavior because of our past habitual tendencies, we should cherish them and not act inappropriately. So, once we are behaving appropriately, we should work to maintain it. If we are not, we need to quickly learn [to change that]. This is accumulated life after life. So “life after life” refers to the past, present and future and the good habits we have cultivated.
In the past, we cultivated them.Now we need to continue to nurture them.So we should not overlook any word or any action in our daily living, no matter how subtle.Every action will affect our future, so now we have to watch what we do.Among the group of Arhats who are known and recognized by all was [a bhiksu named] Mahaktyayana.He was part of the “family that cuts and shaves.”Long, long ago there were many mystics in India who went into the mountains for spiritual practice.We are all familiar with Brahmanism, which has been passed down in India since ancient times.Brahmins highly valued spiritual practice and felt that it was important to do that before they reach the end of their lives.
So in the forests and mountains, there lived many mystics who left home for their spiritual practice.At that time, when people engaged in spiritual cultivation, their hair and beard were left very long.Because no one helped them trim their hair or shave their beards, they all had long hair and long beards.One of the mystics had two sons.One day they visited their father in the mountain and saw that all the spiritual practitioners there had disheveled hair and tangled beards.
One of the sons felt bad for them, so he resolved to help these mystics cut their hair and shave their beards.
We all know that the climate in India is hot.Though they were in the forests, if they did not groom themselves, they would feel very uncomfortable.Now that this young man was willing to cut their hair and shave their beards, they were very happy.They greatly cherished and respected him.
So they gave his family a special name, “they family that cuts and shaves”.This is the origin of Ven.Mahakatyayana’s name.

Mahakatyayana means the family that cuts and shaves.In ancient times many mystics lived in the mountains, and no one helped them shave.One of the mystics had two sons who came to visit him.The younger son cut and shaved all the mystics.Thus, they gave his family this name.

For this reason, the Agama Sutra states,

“Venerable Mahakatyayana was foremost in discerning meanings and explaining the teachings of the Way.”

This means that this venerable elder was respected by all for his contributions and had nurtured his ability to discern teachings and meanings.With his spiritual practice, he achieved the unobstructed ability of eloquence.Wherever he went, he spread the Buddha’s teachings among people and was always respected by them as they upheld and practiced the teachings.So, his talent was in explaining the teachings and the Way.Therefore the Buddha praised him as the foremost in explaining the teachings of the Way.This was his talent.
To trace it back, many people appreciated his teachings because in past lifetimes he had created good affinities with them.That was why so many people loved to listen to his words.Nest is Aniruddha, who is also called Anuruddha. Aniruddha is someone we should also be familiar with
Do you remember this story?When the Buddha was about to enter into Nirvana,venerable Ananda still had afflicitions in his mind. The Buddha was surrounded by many bhiksus who were
carefree and at ease.Only Ananda was unable to control his emotions and ran outside to cry.
The Buddha was about to relinquish His body and enter into Parinirvana,At the monent,this elder arrived and saw Ananda wailing and crying loudly.He then reminded Ananda,“Ananda,this not the time for you to cry here.There is something else you need to do now. ” With Aniruddha‘s advice,Ananda quickly came back to The Buddha and asked Him how to tame 〔the unruly〕among the Sangha,what they shall use as an introduction when they expond the sutras in the future,and so on.At the time when Ananda could not control his emotions,Aniruddha gave him this reminder.Actually,Aniruddha was also one of the nobles in the Sakyamuni tribe.Not only was
a noble,he was also Sakyamuni Buddha‘s younger cousin and Ananda elder cousin,so he was the child of king Suddhodana‘s brother.

Aniruddha was also called Anurudda.Him name means No-Poverty,it also means Always -Fulfilling. He was the son of King Sukiodana-raja.

Speaking of Aniruddha‘s past,he was very diligent and kind.He felt much sympathy for the poor,
so he constantly gave things to others.Not only was he charitable,he was very repectly to spiritual
practitioners.Because of his karma,he was never born into poverty and was always born into wealthly families;in that lifetime he was born to nobility.Later he became monastic.After becoming
a monastic,he also wanted to be a very diligent.But each time the Buddha started to expound His
teachings,he dozed off.When he sat down and the Buddha started talking,he began dozing off.
If the Buddha saw this,He frustrated.So one day He said,“Since you love sleeping so much,you can be reborn as a clam.With two shells covering you,you can sleep in peace. ” In that moment,he felt such a strong motivation from the Buddha,that from then on,his eyes never
Closed,and he was very diligent.whether it was day or night,if his eyes began to close,he
would use straw to prop them open,so he could train himself to not be sleepy.But he was still a humanbeing.Because he did not allow his eyes to close,he lost his sight.One day,he wanted to
mend his clothes.He tried to thread a needle,but he failed.His eyes could not see,but he had to
thread a needle to mend his clothes.So he yalled,“Which virtuous and compassionate person can help me thread a needle? ” The Buddha happened to walk by and heard his voice.So He approached him,took the needle and helped him thread it. The Buddha did not make a sound,
but Aniruddha could feel that the person who approached and helped him thread the needle was
the Buddha.He quickly prostrated. The Buddha asked him, “Why can’t you see?”He replies, “I am repenting. I would doze off when I listened to the Dharma. At your urging, I began making vows. I have been working so hard I forget to eat. Not only have I reduced what I eat, I have also reduced how much sleep. On top of reducing my appetite and sleep, I do not even allow my eyes to close.”
The Buddha sighed, “This is your ignorance. We should know that spiritual practice requires a healthy body. Food replenished our body and keeps us healthy. We need sleep the way we need food when get hungry; we need to eat. Resting our eyes after heavy use is just like absorbing nutrients. Your extreme practice has caused your blindness.”
Aniruddha answered, “I have no regrets. My mind is at ease. Although I cannot see with my physical eyes, I can see in my mind’s eye.”
Then the Buddha smiled, “Indeed, you can see in your mind’s eye. When I drew close, you knew it was me. You could tell I believe you have attained the heavenly eye. From now on, you can cultivate your sight without your physical eyes so you can see the world, people, and everything in the universe very clearly. To make good use of your heavenly eye, let [the teachings] enter your mind.”
Even though the Buddha and Aniruddha were cousins in their lay life, they became teacher and disciple after becoming monastics. The Buddha cherished him and did not want him to be lazy, so when He saw him dozing off, the Buddha had compassion for him. He wanted to awaken his wisdom-life, so He fiercely berated him. It was at that moment that Aniruddha fully woke up. But he did not know how to practice in moderation and protect his body, so he damaged his eyes. But the Buddha was very compassionate and encouraged him by saying “Even though your physical eyes are damaged, your mind’s eye can be nurtured. You can develop the omniscient power of seeing. So Aniruddha is also called the Heavenly Eye Practitioner. So it is stated in the Agama Sutra,

“Of those practicing my teachings, Aniruddha is foremost in [developing] the heavenly eye that sees clearly.”

He practiced with diligence and attained the Heavenly Eye. We say that the mind’s eye is developed from the heart with dedication and hard work. So naturally he could see all things in the world. In this world right now, there are also many people who cannot see, but when they are working, they can be more nimble and do better than others. So everyone, we should take good care of our mind’s eye; it is more important than our physical eyes. Moreover, in our daily living, if our mind’s eye is clear, we will be kind-hearted, if our mind’s eye is clear and we respect each other, naturally we will eliminate afflictions and our minds will be at ease. So everyone, please always be mindful.
(Source: Da Ai TV - Wisdom at Dawn program – Explanation by Master Chen-Yen)
回頂端 向下

20130517《靜思妙蓮華》摩訶迦旃延 阿㝹樓馱
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: 靜思晨語 :: 靜思晨語—靜思妙蓮華-
前往: