Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20130523《靜思妙蓮華》牧牛難陀 孫陀羅難陀

向下 
2 posters
發表人內容
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

文章總數 : 29066
年齡 : 70
來自 : 台中
威望 : 1661
注冊日期 : 2009-01-11

20130523《靜思妙蓮華》牧牛難陀 孫陀羅難陀 Empty
發表主題: 20130523《靜思妙蓮華》牧牛難陀 孫陀羅難陀   20130523《靜思妙蓮華》牧牛難陀 孫陀羅難陀 Empty周四 五月 23, 2013 8:27 am

回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

文章總數 : 29066
年齡 : 70
來自 : 台中
威望 : 1661
注冊日期 : 2009-01-11

發表主題: 回復: 20130523《靜思妙蓮華》牧牛難陀 孫陀羅難陀   20130523《靜思妙蓮華》牧牛難陀 孫陀羅難陀 Empty周四 五月 23, 2013 9:19 am

【證嚴上人開示】
人生啊!煩惱偏多,修行,怎麼修?還是每天終而復始,天天跟大家說話,開頭無不都是這樣警愓,大家「煩惱要去除」,結束的時候,還是跟大家說,要時時顧好這念心。
每一天,就是開頭、結束、中間,還是一樣沒有離開這念心,所以知道「諸煩惱垢」,我們要完全全部棄捨,煩惱已盡,要到這樣的程度,煩惱為什麼不能盡呢?就是一個習氣,這個習氣就是「欲愛」。
我們若能徹底,將這個「欲愛斷」,自然就「不亂心」,這個欲愛的習氣,又不是我們真的缺,也不是我們真正需要,也不是真的有心要去貪,要去取,都不是,只是那個習氣還沒有去除,所以容易亂了我們的心,那種習氣會浮現出來。
你們會想,欲愛,再怎麼想,都想不出我自己有欲愛,其實欲,輕、重,輕微的欲,如果輕,很輕、很微,那個微,輕微,那就是愛自己,顧自己這也是一種欲,愛自己。
愛,常常我也說,我們要自愛,自愛的人,不好的習慣,我們要常常提高警覺,自然我們能夠變成,自治的習慣。
這也就是說,我們人都有習氣,這種習氣,若是出來的時候,不小心浮現起來,我們要趕快伏制下來,假如我們若是剎那間,沒有伏制,已經出去了,我們要趕快自省,道理是清楚的。
所以我們若是道理顛覆掉,這樣我們的煩惱,還是不斷會滋生起來,雖然有想到後悔,但是自己沒有趕快去排除掉,這樣就會亂心。
所以說這個欲愛,也可以說很粗,為了那個欲愛,可以做很多很多的惡業,貪、瞋、癡、慢、疑,這些都是在欲愛裡面滋生出來。
可以把那麼粗相的造業,一直控制一直斷除,但是到了自我那個時候,還有微細煩惱,這種欲愛還沒有斷,習氣,輕微的習氣還有,所以我們最擔心的,就是這種輕微習氣,要斷比較難,所以我們要時時提高警覺。
「於欲愛斷不亂心」,我們所有的都把它斷了,對自己的那種自愛,自愛我們可以調伏到,一切的習氣都沒有浮現出來,這才是真正的自愛,我們要奉行,「奉行教戒定慧生」,要好好依教奉行,佛陀所說的教法,我們這個戒,要好好地奉持,所以我們若能這樣,自然有戒定慧,來保護我們,自然智慧成長,所看的道理就沒有錯亂。
所以我們必定要有,真正的法髓,來滋養我們,我們才能慧命不斷增長。
諸煩惱垢盡棄捨
於欲愛斷不亂心
奉行教戒定慧生
法髓滋養長慧命

這幾天,我們都是在介紹,眾所知識的阿羅漢,阿羅漢也有各人的習氣,也有各人心態的優點、缺點,這個我們也是要提供給大家,多自我警愓,比較嘛!我們有這樣子嗎?有的話,我們要趕快改,我們有欠缺的,我們要從他們身上,好好用在我們的身上。
這就是我們人,向好的也要比較,向不好的我們要警惕,三人行必有我師焉。
再來是難陀,他就是譯作,善歡喜,很歡喜,其實他是一個牧牛人的兒子,在印度四姓階級中,在牧牛,怎麼能來出家呢?應該他就是,在佛陀回來迦毘羅衛國的時候,要來度化他的親族、父王等等,他一到達時,舉國歡騰,全國的人都很歡喜,國王看到他的兒子已經,是大家都這麼尊重的大覺者,尤其是看到佛現出了出家相,不由自己,連他的父王,帶領著親族、大臣,都一樣來歸依禮拜。
在那當中,他想,要如何讓他的兒子的僧團,就是佛陀的僧團,能再更壯觀,所以他就下了一道命令,全國只要有兩個兒子以上,可以讓一位去出家。
除了他的人民以外,還有,就是他的王族裡面的,都一樣,這過去也曾經跟大家分享過,所以期待這個僧團,能有十萬人的大僧團。
這位難陀,也是牧牛,他的父親在牧牛,他也是一樣要去放牛,同樣是在養牛的人。
因為國王有這個命令,所以他就這樣可以出家了;他的形態,長得很端莊,讓人看了也是很歡喜,本性善良,所以也叫做「善歡」,令人看了人歡喜。
在牧牛的時候,開始他就吹笛子,奏樂、樂器,就這樣吹,而且他也很會唱歌,聲音又很好,所以,很聰明,很單純又善良,又對音聲很專,研究樂器的聲音,甚至自己唱歌出來的聲音,也是很好,人人聽到人人歡喜,所以叫做「善歡喜」。
也是從出家之後,他入道,開始很殷勤精進,所以對道,佛陀所說的教法,他專心受持,所以他也是,眾所知識的比丘之一,很善良,對佛法很用功。
難陀
即牧牛難陀
此云善歡喜
乃牧牛子也

再來,也是一位難陀,這位難陀是孫陀羅難陀,不是前面說過的,那位牧牛的難陀,孫陀羅是他太太的名字,他所娶的太子妃,就是長得很美,兩夫妻很恩愛,這位難陀,是跟佛陀同父異母。
孫陀羅難陀
上三字
此云好愛
亦云端正
妻名也

有一次難陀和他的太太,在樓閣的地方,在那裡觀賞街道上,以及他們皇宮周圍,居高臨下,建築的周圍很美,用眼遠眺,就是看得再遠一點,城市街道上很熱鬧,在那當中,他看到一群僧團,裡面也有阿難,跟隨在佛的身邊。
僧團出來到外面,開始分巷道,每一條街,每一條巷,路就分開了,各人要去托缽,佛陀跟阿難,就是走在一起,就看到他們這樣,往他們的樓閣的前面,一直接近過來。
孫陀羅難陀他看到,不由自己,就跟他的太太說,他說:「是我的哥哥,他已經修行,成為大覺者,人人所尊重,現在要托缽,出來了,我要趕快去接他的缽,來供養。」
太太不肯讓他離開。
但是他說:「我下去,把缽接好,盛好飯供養了,我就趕快再上來。」
他這個太子妃就說:「我要等你,等你回來,我才會吃飯。」
所以這樣的約定,供養佛之後,他要回來和他的太子妃吃飯。
所以趕快下樓,到佛的面前,他接過他的缽,但是佛陀,逕自往前一直走,難陀,拿了這個缽,趕快進去,將最好的飯菜,全都裝好了,開始捧著這缽飯,向佛陀一直追,佛陀回到精舍,他也追到精舍,來供佛。
那個時候,佛陀接起他的缽,開始大家也都差不多回來了,佛陀就對大家說:「有一件事情很重要,能夠成就一個人出家,功德無量,來,難陀,既然進到精舍了,趕快準備落髮。」
當時,難陀非常的驚惶,他絕對不能出家;「我的家裡,太子妃在等我吃飯,什麼人敢靠近我的身邊,為我剃頭。」
佛陀就說:「不論什麼樣的威力,在這個僧團裡面一律平等,所以剃頭。」就這樣,大家把他抓起來,強制圓頂。
隔天天亮了,在這當中,他就對佛陀說,你們又要去托缽了,讓我靜靜地來顧守精舍,他的心在想什麼,佛陀都知道;「好,你要顧守精舍,周圍的門都關起來,你要好好清掃裡面。」
大家出去了,難陀看到佛陀已經離開,很高興,趕快偷跑出去,跑到半路,在樹叢裡面,佛陀回頭回來,就說:「難陀,你要去哪裡呢?」
「想出來走走。」
「好,我帶你去走走。」
就這樣佛陀把他帶上天堂。
看到天堂,「怎麼在大興土木?」他就問佛陀。
佛陀說:「你可以去問他們為什麼?」
他就問:「你們在蓋這麼堂皇的房子,到底這是誰的?」
他說:「人間有佛的弟子,叫做難陀,他出家了,他應該能造福,發心造福,將來往生之後也能夠回歸天堂。」
那時候他很歡喜:「覺得原來我發一個心,雖然被人強制出家,我若好好修行,將來我也能夠上天堂,很歡喜。」
佛陀開始就又帶他走,「還有地方,再帶你走。」
但是在走的這當中,浮現了他的太子妃的形象,「昨天一天,是不是有吃飯呢?我還是享受人間福好了。」
佛陀帶他邊往前走的時候,一個很可怕的形態現前了,地獄,油鍋、火柱,很多人在受刑具,那種哀嚎的聲音,苦不堪。
其中,有一口油鍋,正在生火要讓他滾,問說:「為什麼每一個油鍋都有人,這個油鍋現在才開始在生火?」
小鬼就說:「有一位修行者叫做難陀,他的心,心念不定,欲念叢生,所以,很有可能他會再還俗,去享受、貪戀,這世間的欲,所以這將來就是,難陀要來的地方,下油鍋。」
嚇到了,趕快:「佛陀,我很怕。」佛陀說:「你如果怕,讓你自己作主。」就這樣回來了,所以他定下心來,決心修行,把他的欲念完全去除,跟隨佛陀,聽佛說法,這就是,這段難陀出家,他的故事。
人生,我們應該要時時警愓,動一念心可以上天堂,失一個念會墮地獄,何況我們修行不是要上天堂,但是不願意墮地獄,願意的,是倒駕慈航入人群中度眾生,所以我們必定要,戒、定、慧具足,才可以養我們的慧命,所以我們要時時多用心。
回頂端 向下
志志
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 968
威望 : 72
注冊日期 : 2009-04-25

發表主題: 回復: 20130523《靜思妙蓮華》牧牛難陀 孫陀羅難陀   20130523《靜思妙蓮華》牧牛難陀 孫陀羅難陀 Empty周一 6月 03, 2013 3:01 am

Explanations by Master Cheng-Yan
Subject: Cow-Herder Nanda and Sundarananda (牧牛難陀 孫陀羅難陀)
Date: May. 23, 2013
There are many afflictions in life. How do we engage in spiritual practice? We must start over every day. Every day when I speak, don’t I always start by alerting everyone to “eliminate all afflictions”? When I finish [speaking], I always tell everyone, “Always be mindful”. Every day, from beginning to end and in the middle, everything has to do with our minds. Therefore, we must completely abandon “all afflictions and defilements”. We must be able to reach the state of eliminating all afflictions. Why can’t all afflictions be eliminated? Because of habitual tendencies, in particular, those of desire. If we can thoroughly “eliminate desires,” then naturally “the mind will not be disturbed”. With this habitual tendency of desiring things, it is not that we are truly lacking, nor is it that we truly need something. Nor do we grasp at things because we are intentionally greedy. Not at all. It is only a habitual tendency that has not yet been eliminated, so it easily confuses our mind. Thus, this habitual tendency manifests. You may think, “As much as I try, I cannot think of any desires that I have.” Actually, desires can be weak or strong. Subtle desires can be very minor and weak. An example is love for ourselves. Caring for the self is also a type of desire. I often say that we must love ourselves. But people who love themselves too much may develop had habits. But if we constantly heighten our vigilance naturally, we can come to develop a habit of self-discipline. This shows that we all have habitual tendencies. When these habitual tendencies manifest unintentionally, we must quickly subdue them. If in that instant, we do not subdue them and act on them, we must immediately self-reflect. This principle is clear. So if we go against this principle, our afflictions will constantly multiply. Though we have regrets after the fact, we did not quickly eliminate [these habits]. Thus, our minds will be disturbed. Therefore, desires are very coarse [and obvious afflictions]. Because of desires, we create much evil karma. Greed, anger, ignorance, arrogance and doubt all arise from desires. Such coarse ways of creating karma are [noticeable] so we can constantly control and eliminate them. But, when it comes to the self, there are still subtle afflictions. This type of desire still has not been eliminated, so these subtle habitual tendencies still exist. Therefore, what worries us most are these slight habitual tendencies. Eliminating them is more difficult. So, we must always be highly vigilant. “Eliminate desire, and the mind will not be disturbed.”
We must eliminate them all.The love that we have for ourselves must be something we can control so that no habitual tendencies will manifest.Then that is true self-love.We must “uphold and practice teachings to give rise to precepts, Samadhi, wisdom”.We must uphold and practice the teachings of the Buddha.We must make an effort to uphold these precepts.
So if we can do this, naturally precepts, Samadhi and wisdom will protect us and nourish our wisdom-life.Then our principles will not be in disarray.We must have the true Dharma-essence to nourish us so that our wisdom-life will continually grow.

Completely abandon all affections and defilements.Eliminate desires, and the mind will not be disturbed.Uphold and practice the teachings to give rise to precepts, Samadhi, wisdom.When we are nourished with Dharma-essence, wisdom-life will grow.

These days I have been introducing those whom everyone knew and recognized as Arhats.Arhats also had their own habitual tendencies, as well as their own strengths and weaknesses.I mention this to everyone so we can be more vigilant, and reflect on whether we ourselves have those [weaknesses]?If so, then we must quickly change.As for [strengths] we are lacking, me must learn from them and apply this to ourselves.Thus, as humans, we must [learn to] measure ourselves against good examples and learn to be vigilant from the bad.“Among a group of three, I will find my teacher.”
Next is Nanda, which translates into happiness and felicity.He was very joyful.Actually, he was the son of a cow-herder.Within India’s four-caste system, how could one go from herding cows to becoming a monastic?It must have happened when the Buddha returned to the Kingdom of Kapilavastu to transform His relatives and His father.As soon as He arrived, the whole kingdom rejoiced, and all the people of the kingdom were happy.The king saw that his son had become the Great Enlightened One, respected by everyone.When people saw the Buddha manifest the appearance of a monastic, [they were very touched].Even his father, the king, led his relatives and ministers to take refuge and pay reverence to Him.
At that time, the king wondered how he could make his son’s Sangha even more impressive.
So, he issued a decree to his entire kingdom that if a family had two or more sons, one could become a monastic.Besides his citizens, this also applied to those in the royal family.
I have shared this part with everyone before.So, it was hoped that this Sangha could grow to have 100,000 monastics.
Nanda herded cows.His father was a cow-herder, and he was also a cow-herder.They were both herdsmen.Because the king issued this decree, he could then leave home and become a monastic.He had a very dignified appearance, and people found him pleasing.He was kind by nature, so he was also called Wholesome-Bliss.He made others happy when they saw him.When he herded cows, he would begin by playing the flute, or he would play and instrument.Also, he sang very well; he had a great voice.So, he was very smart, pure in heart and kind, and an expert vocalist pure in heart and kind, and an expert in vocals.He not only studied musical instruments, he even developed a very good singing voice. Everyone who heard it felt blissful so he was called Wholesome-Bliss. After he became a monastic and entered the Way, he was very industrious and diligent.So, he wholeheartedly accepted and upheld the Dharma and the Buddha’s teachings. Thus, he was also one of the bhiksus know and recognized by the assembly. He was very king and worked hard in practicing the Buddha-Dharma.

Nanda was also called Cow-herder Nanda, and Wholesome-Bliss. He was the son of a cow-herder.

There was also another Nanda. This Nanda was known as Sundarananda, who was not the same as the aforementioned cow-herder Nanda. Sundari was the name of his wife, the crown princess he married. She was very beautiful. The husband and wife were very loving. This Nanda had the same father as the Buddha.

The first three syllables of Sundarananda mean loving and can also mean refined. [Sundari] was also the name of Nanda’s wife.

One time, Nanda and his wife were in their residential quarters observing the happenings on the street. They looked down on the area surrounding their palace. The area around their building was very beautiful. When he looked a little farther into the distance, Nanda could see the lively city streets.In the middle of it all, he saw members of the Sangha, including Ananda, accompanying the Buddha. The Sangha came out and split up; they went down every street and every alley. They went begging for alms. The Buddha and Ananda walked together. So as he saw them approach his residential quarters, Sundarananda could not control himself. He told his wife, “That is my older brother. Through His spiritual practice, He had become the Great Enlightened One and is respected everyone. Now, He had come out to beg for alms. I will collect His alms bowl to make an offering.” His wife refused to let him go, but he said, “I will go down and collect the alms bowl after I fill the bowl and make my offering, I will hurry back up.”His wife then said, “I will wait for you to come home before I eat.” So he agreed that after making his offering to the Buddha, he would return to eat with his wife. He hurried downstairs to meet the Buddha and collected His alms bowl.
But the Buddha kept walking forward without noticing anything. Nanda tool the alms bowl, hurried inside and put the best food they had into the bowl. Holding this bowl of offering, he chased after the Buddha. The Buddha returned to His abode, and Nanda followed Him there to make his offering. When the Buddha took back His alms bowl, almost everyone else had also returned. The Buddha then said to everyone, “We must do something very important. When we can help another become a monastic, we create boundless merits. Come, Nanda, since you have already entered the abode, prepare to shave your head.”
At that time, Nanda was very startled. He absolutely could not become a monk. “My princess is waiting for me at home to eat. Who dares to get close to me and shave my head!”The Buddha then said, “No matter what your status was, in this Sangha, we are all equal. So, shave your head.”Just like that, everyone grabbed him and forcibly shaved his head.
The next day, as the day was dawning, he said to the Buddha, “You are all going out again to ask for alms; let me sit quietly and guard the abode.”The Buddha knew what was on his mind “Fine. You can guard the abode. Close all the surrounding gates and thoroughly sweep and clean the inside.”
Everyone left. Nanda saw that the Buddha had left and was very happy. He quickly snuck out. Halfway home, amidst a grove of trees, he saw the Buddha, who had turned back, the Buddha said, “Nanda, where are you going?”“I wanted to go for a walk.”“Sure, I will take you on a walk.”This is when the Buddha took him to visit heaven. He saw heaven [and wondered], “Why is there major construction?”So, he asked the Buddha.The Buddha said, “You can go ask them.”So, he asked someone, “You are building a magnificent house; who does it belong to?”
[The person] said, “In the human realm, a disciple of the Buddha named Nanda just left home and became a monastic. He will be able to create blessings. If he resolves to create blessings, he can return to heaven when he dies.”That made him very happy, and he thought, “Even though I was forced to become a monastic, by forming aspirations. I can diligently practice and to go to heaven. I’m so happy.”
The Buddha led him to begin walking again. “I want to take you to another place.”But as they were walking, the image of his wife appeared [in Nanda’s mind]. “Did she eat at all yesterday? I’ll just the blessings of the human realm.”
As the Buddha walked with him, a very frightening scene appeared. [Nanda saw] hell, hot cauldrons of oil and pillars of fire, and many people being tortured. [He heard] the sounds of unspeakable suffering. In the midst of this, a cauldron of oil was being heated to a boil. He asked, “Why is it that each cauldron contains people, but this cauldron is only now being heated?”A minion then said, “There is a spiritual named Nanda, His heart is unsettled and riddled with desire. So, it is very possible he will return to the lay life for pleasure, to indulge in worldly desires. So, Nanda will come here in the future, into this boiling cauldron.”
Frightened, [Nanda said], “Venerable Buddha, I’m very scared.”The Buddha said, “If you are scared, you have to make a decision.”Then they returned.
He steadies his heart and resolved to engage in spiritual practice and eliminate all his desires. He followed the Buddha and heard Him expound the Dharma. This is the story of how Nanda became a monastic.
In life, we must constantly be vigilant. With one resolve, we can rise to heaven. When we lose our resolve, we can fall to hell. Moreover, we are not practicing to go to heaven, nor do we want to fall into hell. We are willing to return to this world to save sentient beings.
Therefore, we must have precepts, Samadhi and wisdom so we can nourish our wisdom-life. Therefore, we must always be mindful.
(Source: Da Ai TV - Wisdom at Dawn program – Explanation by Master Chen-Yen)
回頂端 向下

20130523《靜思妙蓮華》牧牛難陀 孫陀羅難陀
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: 靜思晨語 :: 靜思晨語—靜思妙蓮華-
前往: