Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20130715《靜思妙蓮華》知苦滅苦 修行於道

向下 
2 posters
發表人內容
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

文章總數 : 29103
年齡 : 70
來自 : 台中
威望 : 1661
注冊日期 : 2009-01-11

20130715《靜思妙蓮華》知苦滅苦 修行於道 Empty
發表主題: 20130715《靜思妙蓮華》知苦滅苦 修行於道   20130715《靜思妙蓮華》知苦滅苦 修行於道 Empty周一 7月 15, 2013 4:28 pm

回頂端 向下
月亮
版主
版主
月亮

文章總數 : 29103
年齡 : 70
來自 : 台中
威望 : 1661
注冊日期 : 2009-01-11

發表主題: 回復: 20130715《靜思妙蓮華》知苦滅苦 修行於道   20130715《靜思妙蓮華》知苦滅苦 修行於道 Empty周二 7月 16, 2013 11:27 am

【證嚴上人開示】
人生世間,我們就是在長久輪迴中,不知經過了多久的輪迴,我們都是不覺而不知,生死輪迴,真的是長久無期。
這是我們凡夫,過去的,我們都不知道,過去生中,到底我們已經有多久了,而且在現在的人世間,我們是不是都能夠,了解世間是苦,光是這一生對自己的生活,或者是周圍的人間,我們是不是有去用心注意,這是一個堪忍的世間。
堪忍就是苦,苦要能堪得忍耐,才能住在這個世間,偏偏就是眾生不知苦,所以甘願在這個生死輪迴中,若是知道苦,要忍耐下去,但是也要有覺悟,覺悟這一世的忍耐,要忍耐得為來世有目標,所以人人要抱著那分覺悟的心,要立志修行。
佛陀四十幾年間,為我們說法,第一個轉法輪,初轉法輪,以「苦」為先,這個苦的道理先為我們分析,無非就是要讓我們知苦,我們若知道苦,我們才懂得要去求道,所以苦、集、滅、道,知道苦的源頭。
我們上回也說過了「集」,知道集了種種人世間,很多的無明煩惱造作,讓整個世間社會人群,人倫道德全都混亂掉了,這是集,集來了很多的業力,知道了,但是要趕快修行於道,我們既然要滅這個苦難,我們要修行於道(八正道)。
我們要知道,若不知道苦,我們就不會想去滅,所以我們應該要先知道,知能厭苦,知道我們才會討厭這個世間,不要再來了,不要再來了,要怎麼辦?你就要去滅除再來的源頭。
在長久輪迴中
經歷受苦
生死輪迴求出無期
怎能不居安思危
厭離生死輪迴

所以我們要從因開始,我們要去了解生死輪迴,我們若一墮落,真的求出無期,自古以來,就已經很多人精進於佛法,能夠了解過去就是宿命通,已經了解,了解過去的人生怎麼來,這一世要怎麼修?就是不斷追求,長遠的覺道。
就說起了在過去,古時代在罽賓國,有一位修行的聖僧,已了解生死了,他還是不斷精進,在求真正能夠解脫,光是了解還不夠,真正要求得解脫,這位叫做祇夜多尊者。
他已經了解了,過去五百世中的宿命,在這當中,南天竺有兩位比丘同修,他們一直就嚮往著,這位尊者的德,修德很崇高,這兩位同修者互相邀約,所以從南天竺,很遠的路,來到罽賓國,很辛苦很不容易已經到達了,找到尊者所修行的地方,但是這座山這麼大,這麼寬闊,要到哪裡能夠找到,尊者所修行那個地點呢?
在那當中,在山的下面,看到一位形態又黑又瘦,不過好像很有精神,趕緊去問他,原來他在那個地方,是用柴在生火,他趕快去問他說:「這位修行者,請問,有一位尊者所居住的地方,這位尊者,你認不認識他?」
他就說:「你是要找誰?」
他就問:「就是祇夜多尊者,這個人你認識他嗎?」
這位在那裡以柴生火的人,就跟他說:「我認識他。」
「請問他住在哪個地方?」
他用手一指:「山的上面,第三個洞窟就是他住的地方。」
「噢,感恩喔。」
這兩位修行比丘,趕快往那個山窟走去,要爬山,很累,有一段距離,等他們到達時,第三個洞窟外面有一個人,這個人原來就是剛才在山下,燒柴生火的人。
這二位比丘,看到明明就是同一個人,剛才在山下,我們這麼辛苦,好不容易才走到山上,怎麼他比我們早到?其中一位比丘,他沈思稍微想一想,恍然大悟,這位一定就是祇夜多尊者。
所以二個人趕快用很恭敬的心,到這位修行者的面前,叩頭、頂禮、膜拜就說:「尊者,原來你已經是得道,你已經有這神通,你既然得了這神通,你為什麼還要,這麼辛苦在那裡燒柴生火呢?」
這位尊者他的形態莊嚴,雖然人很瘦,卻是眼光發亮起來,他聽這二位這樣問他,他就慈祥地這樣對他們說:「雖然我現在是,你們認為我已經有神通,雖然要供應給,大家熱水不是很困難,不過我若想起過去五百世中,那種墮落受苦難,我寧可用我的手腳,當作柴,當作火,這樣來供養眾僧,能夠了脫我的生死我也甘願。」
過去的五百世中墮入狗的身形,尤其是這當中,受盡了飢餓、苦難,尤其在這當中五百世中,只有兩次得到吃得飽的機會,他就說:「有一次是,有一位喝醉酒的人,酒醉之後他所吐出來,那些骯髒的東西,我去吃了,這一回我吃得很飽,但是是很骯髒、污穢的東西。」
「另外再一次,就是在一個鄉村裡,一對的夫妻,先生,丈夫去田裡工作,他的太太在家裡煮飯,飯煮熟了,太太出去外面,我利用機會,去偷吃他鍋子裡面的飯,我是吃得很飽,很歡喜,但是那個鍋子的口就是比較窄,我頭要伸出來,伸不出來了。」
「這當中就是先生回來了,頭在鍋裡跑不掉,這個先生一氣之下,拿刀往我的頭,斬斷了,這是我吃得很飽,付出的代價,苦不堪。」
在說過去所受在畜生(道)中,受到飢餓的苦難,不只是心驚,還很痛苦,流著眼淚訴說過去,這二位比丘聽,聽了之後他們也是很慨歎,互相這麼說:「說不定你和我過去生,也經歷過這種的苦難,我們都忘掉了。我們應該要居安思危,雖然我們現在生之為人,我們能得遇佛法,我們能夠來修行,雖然我們現在是平安,如我們的心意,在修行中能夠求法,我們難道能夠不好好地來思考,是過去我們造過什麼樣的業,墮過什麼苦難的地方?或者是未來,我們的業未盡,還是在生死三途裡面?都說不定。」
所以我們要趕快厭離生死輪迴,我們要提高警覺,不管是今生、過去,或者是未來,我們到底苦在哪裡?好好去追究,就能夠得到不生不滅,什麼不生不滅?心,我們的心,不要再煩惱中得失,有了得失就有煩惱,我們若沒有得失,心理就沒有生滅,因為我們的心,都是在生、住、異、滅中,不斷在生死輪迴。
心靈的生死就是生滅相,所以我們要提高警覺,要怎麼樣能夠讓我們的內心,能夠解脫,到底未來,我們怎麼能夠解脫生死,不如求在現在,平常沒有得失煩惱,我們的心理能夠很快就解脫。
我們聽到已經是得道的尊者,他還在很擔心、擔心,擔心他是不是能夠了脫生死,雖然得神通,是不是能夠完全斷除生死,能夠了脫呢?我們應該藉前人來讓我們警惕,所以我們要厭老病死,若能夠這樣,佛陀永久都是住在人間。
因為法留人間,佛法不斷在教育我們,「為說涅槃,盡諸苦際」,我們若能夠依教奉行,信奉佛陀所教法,這樣心就能夠無生無滅,這就是我們要修行,現在要趕緊把握,下面再說:
若人有福
曾供養佛
志求勝法
為說緣覺
《法華經序品第一》

前面就說知道苦之後,懂得要追求佛道,佛陀的教法為我們分析,讓我們的心能夠了解,我們就能夠盡苦難,又若有人曾供養過佛,意思就是說,過去生中,還是修行與佛有緣,還是能夠供佛,像這樣他所供養,他修行只有一個志願,就是求聖法,這種供養佛不是要求福,是要求怎樣能夠了脫的法,像這樣的人就「為說緣覺」。
這種的根機,佛陀就為他說緣覺的法,緣覺就是為說因緣法,緣覺,一般就是生在,還沒有佛出世的時間。
所以常常說,我們人人都有本具佛性,只是我們凡夫心迷,佛性埋了,埋在無明的下面,所以我們就是迷茫掉了,所以我們不知不覺。
其實既然人人本具佛性,過去生若有供養佛,聽聞了佛法之後,過去的煩惱一直淡薄了,再來生時,無佛出世這個當中,他能夠從天地四季輪轉變化,去用心思考,一直到人生,生、老、病、死,他不斷去思考,生怎麼來的?這當中能夠體會了十二因緣法。
所以佛陀講十二因緣,就是為緣覺,能夠去覺悟;獨覺,不管是天地、四季,或者人的生死四相,他能夠去追究到,從一念無明開始,緣識、緣行、緣名色,這樣不斷不斷一直緣下去,還是不離開生、老、病、死。
再輪迴回來又是無明,再又一直緣下去,這就是佛陀為說緣覺的法,我們若要求勝法,我們要追究到人怎麼來?人,生在大地,和大地四季輪轉,息息有關,所以常常說,時間、空間、人與人之間,同樣都不離開,在這個因緣法的裡面。
所以各位,學佛,我們要好好把心靜下來,我們過去有福,我們過去與佛有緣,說不定我們也有曾供養過佛,所以我們有福,現在我們能夠出家,我們能夠修行,我們應該在這個因緣法,我們應該要用心,從天地萬物,一直到我們人的身體生老病死,當中的人與事,我們不要粗心大意,所以我們要時時多用心。
回頂端 向下
志志
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 968
威望 : 72
注冊日期 : 2009-04-25

發表主題: 回復: 20130715《靜思妙蓮華》知苦滅苦 修行於道   20130715《靜思妙蓮華》知苦滅苦 修行於道 Empty周五 7月 26, 2013 12:38 pm

Explanations by Master Cheng-Yan
Subject: Recognize and End Suffering (知苦滅苦 修行於道)
Date: July. 15, 2013

In this world, we have lived countless lives within this cyclic existence. We are completely unaware of how long we have been in this cyclic existence. Cyclic existence is indeed lengthy and endless. As unenlightened beings, we do not know what happened in the past. How many past lives have we lived? Furthermore, can we understand that suffering is the nature of living in this world? In just this lifetime alone, are we mindful of the way we live and what surrounds us? This is a world of endurance, what must be endured is suffering. We have to endure suffering in order to live in this world. But we sentient beings do not recognize suffering, so we willingly stay in this cyclic existence of life and death.
If we recognize suffering, we need to endure it. However, this also requires an awakening. We need to realize that we must endure things in this life to attain our goal in a future lifetime. So, we all need to have an awakened mind and establish a vow to engage in spiritual practice. The Buddha taught us the Dharma for over 40 years. The First Turning of the Dharma-wheel began with “suffering”. He first analyzed the truth of suffering for us so we could recognize it. Only by recognizing suffering can we understand [the need] to seek the Path. So, recognize suffering, its cause, its cessation and the path to its cessation. First, recognize the origin of suffering. Previously, we talked about the cause of suffering and learned that accumulation of various actions committed out of ignorance and afflictions has caused society to become unethical and immoral. This is the cause of suffering, the accumulation of many karmic forces. After knowing this, we need to quickly cultivate the Path. To cease this suffering, we need to cultivate the Eightfold Noble Path. We should know that if we do not recognize suffering, we will not think to eliminate it. So, we need to first recognize it. With recognition comes renunciation. Then we will detest this world and will not want to return again. What do we do if we do not want to return anymore? We must seek to end the causes of our returning.

One who has transmigrated for a long time experiences and faces suffering. There is no end to the cycle of life and death. How can one not prepare for crises in times of peace or not renounce the cycle of life and death?

So, we need to start by understanding the cause of cyclic existence. Once we fall into it, there will be no end. Since ancient times, many people have diligently studied Buddha-Dharma. They could understand the past with the spiritual power of knowing past lifetimes. They knew how past lives came about and that practice in this lifetime requires continuous pursuit of this long path to enlightenment. Speaking of the past, in the ancient kingdom of Kabul, there was a practicing holy monk who already understood cyclic existence.
Yet, he continued to diligently [practice] to seek true liberation.Just understanding was not enough, he really sought to attain true liberation.This man was Venerable Jeyata.He already knew about his 500 previous lives.Meanwhile, two bhiksus from Southern India had been admiring this sag’s virtues.He was very well-known for being virtuous.These two spiritual practitioners arranged to travel together for the long trip from Southern India to Kabul.The trip was arduous, but they finally arrived at the region where the sage practiced.
However, that mountain was tall and vast, how would they find the exact location.Where this venerable one practiced?As they stood there, at the base of the mountain, they saw a dark and thin person who looked frail yet energetic at the same time.They rushed to asked him.He was just about to kindle a fire with branches.They quickly asked him, “Excuse me, fellow practitioner, do you know where the sage lives?”“Do you know him?”He replied, “Who are you looking for?”They said, “Venerable Jeyata.”“Do you know this person?”The person who was kindling a fire with branches answered, “I know him.”“May we ask where he lives?”He pointed, “at the top of this mountain, the third cave is where he lives.”“Oh, thank you!”
These two bhiksus quickly headed toward hat cave.Climbing the mountain was very exhausting, [the top] was quite far.By the time they arrived, they saw a person standing outside the third cave.
This person was actually the same man who had been kindling the fire at the base of the mountain.These two bhiksus saw that he was clearly the same person.“We were at the foot of the mountain earlier.It was hard, but we finally made it to the top of the mountain.How did he arrive before us?”
One of the bhiksus contemplated for a moment and suddenly realized that this man must be Venerable Jeyata.So with great reverence, both of them quickly came before this spiritual practitioner.They bowed, prostrated, paid obeisance and said, “Veneralbe one , clearly you have attained realizations and achieved spiritual powers.Why did you bother to make a fire with such great effort?”This sage had a very dignified appearance.Although he was vey thin, his eyes beamed with vigor.After hearing their question, he kindly answered, “You think that I have spiritual powers.I can heat up water for everyone without great difficulty.But I remember all the suffering.I experienced in my previous 500 lives.”“so, I rather use my limbs to manually kindle the fires to heat water for everyone.If my offering to the Sangha this way can liberate me from cyclic existence, I am wiling.”
He had spent his previous 500 lifetimes as a dog.During that time, he experienced extreme starvation and suffering.In these past 500 lifetimes, he only had a full stomach twice. He said, “Once it was from a drunk person. After he became drunk, he vomited. I ate filthy things he vomited. I got to eat till I was full, but the food was very dirty and filthy. The other meal was from a couple in village. The husband worked in the field while, his wife stayed home to cook. When the rice was cooked, the wife went outside. I took this opportunity to steal rice by eating it right from the pot. I ate till my stomach was full; I was very happy. But the opening of the pot was small. So when I tried to pull my head out, I could not. Then the husband came home. My head was stuck so I could not escape. In a fury, he chopped my head off with a knife. Although I got to be very full, the price I paid was unspeakably painful. He explained the starvation and suffering, he faced in the animal realm, not only the anxiety but the pain. He cried as he talked about the past.
After these two bhiksus heard this, they sighed with regret. They said to each other, “Perhaps in our past lives, we also experienced this kind of suffering, but we forgot. We should prepare for crises in times of peace. Since we are born human now, we can encounter the Buddha- Dharma and engage in spiritual practice. We live in peace now and can carry out our intention to seek the Dharma through spiritual practice. So, we should thoroughly contemplate the karma we have created in the past, the places of suffering we have fallen into, and the unexhausted karma in our future, which will trap us in the Three [Lower] Destinies. These are all possibilities. So we need to quickly renounce cyclic existence and heighten our vigilance”.
Whether we speak of the past, present or future, if we spend time to figure out where our suffering comes from, we can attain the state of non-arising and non-ceasing. What will no longer arise or cease? The mind. Then we will not be vexed by gain and loss. With a sense of gain and loss, we have afflictions. If we do not have that mindset, there will be no arising or ceasing in our minds. Since our minds go through arising, abiding, changing and ceasing, we continuously go through cyclic existence. Thus, birth and death in the mind are the states of arising and ceasing. So, we need to heighten our vigilance. How do we liberate our minds? How can we be liberated from life and heath in the future? It is better to seek to have no afflictions of gain and loss right now. Then our mind can quickly be liberated. We hear that this sage who attained realizations was still very worried about being liberated from cyclic existence. Though he attained spiritual powers, would he completely eliminate samsara and attain liberation? We need to learn from the warnings of our predecessors and renounce aging, illness and death. If we can be like this, the Buddha will abide in this world forever through the Dharma that remains in this world. The Buddha continuously taught us. [All Buddhas] speak to them of Nirvana, the end of all suffering.”
If we can accept and practice the Buddha’s teachings, our minds will be non-arising and non-ceasing. So, we should make good use of time and engage in spiritual practice.

Next, it states, “To those who possess blessings, having in the past made offerings to Buddhas and resolved to seek the superior Dharma, He expounds the way of the Pratyekabuddha.”

Earlier we said after realizing suffering, we should know to pursue the Buddha’s path. When His teachings are analyzed for us, and we understand them, we can end all suffering.Some have made offerings to Buddhas in the past, which means they did this in past lifetimes. Therefore, they still have karmic connections with Them and can still make offerings to Them now. In making such offerings, and in their spiritual practice they have one goal which is to seek the noble teachings. These offerings are not made to gain blessings, but to seek the Dharma of liberation.For them, “[All Buddhas] expounded the way of the Pratyebuddha.” For those with such capabilities, the Buddha expounded the Pratyekabbdha teachings, which is the Law of Dependent Origination. Pratyekabuddhas were usually born in an era without Buddhas.
So, it is often said that we all intrinsically have Buddha-nature. But our unenlightened minds are deluded and our Buddha-nature is buried under ignorance. Therefore, we are lost and confused.
Thus, we are unaware. Actually, since we have this Buddha-nature, if we made offerings to Buddhas and heard the Buddha-Dharma in past lives, our past afflictions become more diluted. Then if we are born in an era without Buddhas, we can mindfully contemplate the cycle of the four seasons as well as birth, aging, illness and death. By constantly contemplating where life comes from, we realize the Twelve Links of Cyclic Existence. So, the Buddha taught the Twelve Links of Cyclic Existence for Pratyekabuddhas so they could become awakened on their own.
By contemplating the four seasons of the world, or the four states of human life, they can realize this all started from one ignorant thought, which brought about consciousness, action then name and form. Each condition is linked to the next and is inseparable from birth, aging, illness, death. When people are reborn they are still ignorant so they continue to follow this cycle. This is what the Buddha taught Pratyekabuddhas.
If we seek the supreme Dharma, we must investigate how we came into existence. The ways in which humans live on Earth are closely related to the cycle of the four seasons. So it is often said that time, space and our relations with others are also inseparable from the Law of Dependent Origination.
So everyone, as Buddhist practitioners, we need to work on calming our minds. We have been blessed in the past and had karmic connections with the Buddha. Perhaps we have made offerings to Him so that we are now blessed to become monastics and are able to engage in spiritual practice. Therefore, we need to be mindful of the Law of Dependent Origination. From all things in the world, to our own birth, aging, illness and death, to the people and the people and things we encounter therein, we should not be careless. Therefore, we must always be mindful.

(Source: Da Ai TV - Wisdom at Dawn program – Explanation by Master Chen-Yen)
回頂端 向下

20130715《靜思妙蓮華》知苦滅苦 修行於道
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: 靜思晨語 :: 靜思晨語—靜思妙蓮華-
前往: