Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20130831因應災情智相伴Taking Care of Our Heart to Prevent Disasters

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2495
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20130831因應災情智相伴Taking Care of Our Heart to Prevent Disasters Empty
發表主題: 20130831因應災情智相伴Taking Care of Our Heart to Prevent Disasters   20130831因應災情智相伴Taking Care of Our Heart to Prevent Disasters Empty周一 9月 02, 2013 3:46 pm

If everyone’s hearts can become more pure and if we can all give rise to love for others, then there can be peace and security in our world. Then, all people, no matter rich or poor, can go about their lives in peace and be safe and well. Wouldn’t that make for a better life? Actually, such violent unrest all comes from people’s mentalities.

Meanwhile, there are also natural disasters of the earth, water, fire and wind, which was what brought visitors from Italy yesterday. Our German volunteers accompanied them. The visitor from Italy said that earthquakes are not very frequent in Italy so many of their buildings did not include earthquake-proof measures.

So, with the sudden shaking from the earthquake, many precious buildings of historical value were destroyed, just like that. Our volunteers in Germany traveled to Italy to offer their care and aid. That was why this visitor, a businessman in Italy, became very moved by Tzu Chi.
“Tzu Chi’s spirit of Great Love and the way so many volunteers give of themselves selflessly were what moved me most.”

He came to Taiwan to express his gratitude.
Indeed, we must take precautions always. We see that the Tropical Storm Kong-rey has already caused serious flooding in Southwestern Taiwan. Actually, it is all because people had not taken the storm warning seriously. All of us really need to respect Mother Nature and collectively do good for a mass good karma.

We see that our Tzu Chi volunteer also suffered flooding. Her village in Yunlin County was flooded so she promptly participated in disaster relief work and went to care for other residents and provided them with what they needed.

“Thinking of the people in hardship, like these senior citizens living alone, I have it very good by comparison. Why do we have to wait until our house is in order before helping others? I don’t think that way.”

Tzu Chi volunteers continue to provide hot meals. Seeing such love being given, I am very moved. Every morning, in my morning Dharma talk before dawn, I remind everyone to vigilantly look after our hearts and mind. Indeed, it is very important that we look after it well.

On this day ten years ago, in a community in Luzhou District (of new Taipei city), a fire froke out in an apartment building. It took the lives of 15 people and over 70 people were injured. The fire spread and destroyed the homes of dozens of families. This is truly frightening. The fire started because of a quarrel between a couple.

The wife accused the husband of being unfaithful. Her suspicious may have had no basis, but her mistrust led to a very bitter dispute. In fury, she set fire to herself, bringing about such a disastrous tragedy. Indeed, it makes us see how important it is that we cultivate ourselves and learn to speak wholesome words and have upright conduct.

In the Phillippines, our Tzu Chi volunteers have been helping with disaster relief work for the past several days. They again used a cash-for-work program to help disaster survivors, just like in the 2009 Typhoon Ketsana disaster. At the time, I kept urging them to mobilize cleanups in the communities.

Knowing how large the disasters area was and it was beyond our volunteers’ ability to clean up the devastation themselves, I encouraged them to start a cash-for-work program. For a period of several days, Tzu Chi volunteers initiated the program and invited many local residents to participate in cleaning up the affected homes in their own community. Since then, our volunteers have been using this method to help restore the affected areas.

The flooding this time affected a large area. We see our Tzu Chi volunteers carrying out disaster relief such as distributing aid, cleaning up the community, etc. They divided into several teams to lead residents in the clean-up and to distribute aid. To help the disaster survivors, besides giving them money for their labor, we also give them material necessities.

But most important is giving care and comfort as they were all very distressed by the disaster. So, our volunteer hug and console them to give them the strength to stand up again. Our volunteers’ heartwarming care to disaster survivors was truly touching.

“I think officers and members of Tzu Chi Foundation are silent heroes of our country. Because of your help, you inspired the residents and changed the community.”

Disasters can be heartless in their destruction. Some disasters are caused by humans while others are caused by the imbalance of Mother Nature. Given this, we human beings ought to harbor a beautiful heart and treat one another with sincerity, integrity, faith and honesty. Only then can our society be peaceful and well.

Back when the human population was smaller, vast tracts of land were still wilderness. When it rained, the earth was able to absorb water, and the water replenished, the underground water supply, keeping it abundant. But now, with the increasing population, and the rise of cities, the earth has been paved with concrete and asphalt. If the city’s drainage system is not very good, and silt keeps building up in the streambeds, when it rains, flooding will occur.

So, with our large human population, and the big gap between the rich and the poor, some people don’t have food to eat. So, we have to keep on promoting the concept of eating just enough to be 80% full. That will reduce the amount of food thrown away and we can also save money and use that money to help the people in need.

So, we have to take good care of our hearts, live a simpler life and have more love in our hearts and give of ourselves to help people. If we can do this, our world will become a Pure Land.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: