Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20130917 慈濟人醫共佳節 The Selfless Giving of Tzu Chi’s Medical Volunteers

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2495
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20130917 慈濟人醫共佳節 The Selfless Giving of Tzu Chi’s Medical Volunteers  Empty
發表主題: 20130917 慈濟人醫共佳節 The Selfless Giving of Tzu Chi’s Medical Volunteers    20130917 慈濟人醫共佳節 The Selfless Giving of Tzu Chi’s Medical Volunteers  Empty周五 9月 20, 2013 2:29 pm

How many times have you seen a dentist? This is my first. You first? Hold this mirror. Let me show you how to brush your teeth.

See how our medical volunteers give of themselves to care for people with warmth and love. A few months ago, members of Tzu Chi International Med. Assn. TiMA in eastern Taiwan and medical staff from our hospital in Hualien went to Orchid Island to hold a free clinic. They set off from Hualien at around 4 a.m., took the train to Taidong, and then traveled by boat to the island

Although it was tiring and some even suffered from seasickness, they were still willing to take part in the free clinic. In central Taiwan, our TIMA members also regularly care for those living in the mountains or rural areas as well as the homeless people. They truly carry out our missions of medicine and charity together. See how one of our volunteer doctors knelt down to clean the wound of a man.

Does it hurt? No. Let me know if it hurts. We need to clean your wounds first. If you need financial aid, go to social workers? Okay. Please change dressings regularly. See how gentle and loving our TIMA members were. It’s truly very touching. When treating the man, the doctor spoke very softly, which was very comforting.

See, this is the character of a humane doctor I truly have respect for him. In southern Taiwan our TIMA members also give with a loving heart like that of the Buddha and the Budhisattva of Compassion. They often go to out-of-the-way places to care for the people there. For those who are housebound, our TIMA members will go to them to provide them with medical care at their homes.

Hello? Anybody home? My brother has diabetes. If it weren’t for Tzu Chi, he might not be around anymore. We discovered him when we visited the locals from door to door. I was greatly encouraged because I knew then that visiting people from door to door is the right thing to do. Every time we help a patient here, we feel very happy and we have even more onfidence to keep at it.

They also hold free clinics on an island off Taiwan. See how our volunteer doctors, nurses, pharmacists, lab technicians, etc. gather together to help the needy there. Such love is truly very moving to see. We also see our Tzu Chi volunteers work very hard to recruit doctors to participate in our medical outreaches and give with love.

See how they visited doctors one by one to invite them. What I remember most about recruiting doctors was when we in northern Taiwan helped with a free clinic in eastern Taiwan I thought that it’d be difficult for doctors in northern Taiwan to travel to eastern Taiwan for a fee clinic. So, I decided to seek doctors in eastern Taiwan. I went from door to door to recruit doctors. I still remember that my shoes had worn out from all the walking.

Carrying invitation letters with me, I visited doctors one by one. One of the doctors was a dermatologist. When he saw me in Tzu Chi’s uniform, he was very happy. He said, “I’ve always wanted to join Tzu Chi,” “but I didn’t know how. It’s good to see you” Hearing that, I was very moved.

In northern Taiwan, there is a very good doctor who I wanted to recruit. But I didn’t know how to meet him. So, I decided to make an appointment as a patient. I made the appointment, waited in line, and finally got to see this doctor. When I saw him, I said to him, “I’m a TIMA member’ “I’d like to invite you to join us” He agreed right away I was very happy.

I said to him, “Thank you very much” But then he added, “I’m Christian” I said, “That’s fine. “ He said, “Exactly” “All religions can work together”

Indeed, it is every doctor’s calling to relieve the suffering of patients. With the same love and ideal, our medical volunteers gather together and go to the mountains, rural areas offshore islands, etc. to relieve people’s suffering. Let me take your blood pressure. How are you feeling today? Are you happy? Yes, I am.

Thank you for coming so far to see me I can only do so much. So, I invited some of my friends in the medical field to join me. Together, we can provide better care for people. This time, over 500 TIMA members, including doctors, nurses, pharmacists, lab technicians, etc., from 21 countries and regions have come to Hualien to attend this year’s TIMA convention, which starts today.

During the convention this time, a surgical simulation will also be held where a few body donors will be used. Body donors were truly bodhisattvas. At the end of their lives, they donated their bodies for medical use. With their selfless giving, our TIMA members from other countries can practice on these body donors so they’ll be able to better their skills. After returning to their countries, they can make use of what they’ve learned here to help and benefit their patients.

Such is a cycle of love. In our TIMA members, we’ve witnessed selfless Great Love. No matter how far away people in need of medical care are, they’re willing to go and help them. They share the same ideal and they gather together in Taiwan once a year. It’s truly wonderful. However, for several years already

Taiwan had been affected by typhoons around this time. Yesterday, another tropical storm formed over the sea. So, we must pay close attention to its path and sincerely pray for everyone to be safe. We must also stay on guard and take precautions against the storm.

I hope everyone can heighten their vigilance and make the best preparations they can. I’m very grateful to see so many kindhearted people gather together to do good. It truly makes me very happy. Yet, there are many disasters around the world. When disasters occur, I hope everyone can awaken to the lessons they bring us. In all, we must seize time to do what is right, pray for the world, and give with love.

回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: