Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20130921謹慎防颱‧大愛相隨The Annual TIMA Convention: Spreading Great Love

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2495
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20130921謹慎防颱‧大愛相隨The Annual TIMA Convention: Spreading Great Love Empty
發表主題: 20130921謹慎防颱‧大愛相隨The Annual TIMA Convention: Spreading Great Love   20130921謹慎防颱‧大愛相隨The Annual TIMA Convention: Spreading Great Love Empty周一 9月 23, 2013 9:17 am

Indeed, we should be on alert and very cautious in preparation for Typhoon Usagi. Seeing everyone actively preparing for the typhoon makes me feel a little less worried. May everyone really be careful and on heightened alert always every time the weather forecast issues a warning. This is how we should love and respect Mother Nature.

Never should we ignore weather warnings and underestimate the might of Nature. We saw in yesterday’s news that our volunteers mobilized to visit and care for our care recipients. They delivered instant foods and reminded them to prepare for the typhoon. For elderly living alone, our volunteers inspected their windows, doors, etc to make sure they were well-fastened and sturdy.

This is the kind of love and care we should have for one another. Of course, when the situation calls for it, they really should be brought to safe areas. Otherwise, the elderly and physical challenged could really be helpless in emergency situations. When I think of the typhoon bringing heavy rain and strong winds, I worry about all these people who are particularly vulnerable.

Yesterday was a very heartwarming day and also a day with much to be grateful for. Firstly, being the closing ceremony for our annual TIMA convention, and secondly, being the memorial service for our “Silent Mentors” or body donors. The service began early in the morning. The attendees of our TIMA convention took part.

They expressed how moved they were to see the family’s willingness to support their loved one’s last wish and donate their body to our Tzu Chi University. To let their body be used for the good of humanity be enabling doctors to better understand the mysteries of the human body and to improve their surgical skills so they can benefit more patients in the future.

Indeed, taking part in such a solemn and dignified ceremony, everyone was very moved. In the past few days, we learned of the story of each silent mentor, especially from what their family members shared. Though still feeling the loss deeply, the family nevertheless still joyfully helped make the body donation possible. Their only wish is to help improve medical treatment for patients.

This is the selfless Great Love of all involved in this contribution. In return, these silent mentors received the respect of many people, marked by such a dignified ceremony. When they came into this world, and were healthy and alive, they contributed themselves and made the most of life’s value. When the body had reached its limit, and could no longer function, they made the noble decision to donate it for medical education.

Their entire life had been spent serving humanity. Their lives were truly of value. We hope their selfless Great Love can be passed on to medical professionals so that they may serve humanity with love.

Among our TIMA convention attendees, there also are many touching stories, such as the doctor from El Salvador. She brought with her from so far away, a coin bank that one of her patients wanted to give to Tzu Chi. This doctor always shares stories about Tzu Chi with her patients, whether at free clinics or at her own clinic to let them know about Tzu Chi.

So, this time when she was coming back, her patient wanted to repay Tzu Chi for its help such as the free clinics. So, she brought this token of love back with her.

There is also a pastor from the Philippines, Father Singian. He rises above religious prejudices and works together with Tzu Chi to serve the poor and sick in his community. He also goes with Tzu Chi volunteers to learn about the needy in the community. With this power of love, he has also come with our TIMA members here to Hualien to participate in this year’s TIMA convention.

“Yesterday, during the convention meeting, the bone marrow donor meeting with recipients, I was moved to tears. And, this morning, again I was moved to tears to see how people inspired by Master Cheng Yen to be generous to donate their bodies for medical research and help other peoples. I like to thank Master Cheng Yen for this grateful experience and also Tzu Chi”

He also saw the selfless generosity of the silent mentors, and saw our TIMA members over 500 volunteers from over 20 countries all over the world, coming together in Taiwan, and over 600 of our Taiwan Tzu Chi volunteers taking on tasks such as team leader, or helping with living, accommodations, cooking, transportation, etc. Our TIMA doctors in Taiwan, especially, not only took on these tasks in the convention, but, also set up a health station to assist attendees who were not feeling well.

Also, a number of our volunteers who are heads of major businesses took on service tasks in the convention as well. This is very special. Also, before the attendees arrived, our Tzu Chi volunteers already began making many detailed preparations to meet every possible need. Such was their sincerity in welcoming the attendees. It is truly touching.

Tzu Chi volunteers see everyone as their family so they welcome the attendees from abroad like family members returning home for a long-waited family reunion. They dedicated themselves with genuine sincerity. I really must express my sincere gratitude to our Tzu Chi volunteers. There is so much I am grateful for.

Our TIMA members also travelled a long way to return to Taiwan all for the sake of sharing their experience and local TIMA work with one another as well as to learn more about how other fellow TIMA members are contributing in their respective communities. Such love that they have is truly hard to come by. They are all living bodhisattvas.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: