Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20130925 慈悲等觀常陪伴Inspiring More People to Give with Love for a Better World

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2495
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20130925   慈悲等觀常陪伴Inspiring More People to Give with Love for a Better World Empty
發表主題: 20130925 慈悲等觀常陪伴Inspiring More People to Give with Love for a Better World   20130925   慈悲等觀常陪伴Inspiring More People to Give with Love for a Better World Empty周六 9月 28, 2013 11:02 am

Every time I see disasters strike and how they affect people and the world, I can’t help but have deeper faith in the truths that the Buddha taught. Indeed, we must have deep faith in what the Buddha shared with us so that we can better understand his teachings. Thanks to modern technology, living here in Taiwan, I can see what happens around the world every day.

Yesterday, a major quake stuck Pakistan. Apart from that, we also see Syria--- a country plagued by a civil war that has displaced numerous Syrian people. Most of them are in dire need of essential supplies, and their lives are hanging by a thread. At a time like this, they need help. They need loving people to go to their aid.

Look at the places they live in. The world is so vast, but there’s no place they can call home. They endure hunger, cold, heat, etc. Their suffering is unspeakable. And, inn Indonesia, a volcano erupted last week. Earlier this morning, Mount Sinabung erupted, spewing ash onto surrounding villages. As we can see, people are panicking as the area has almost entirely been covered with volcano ash.

Thousands of people were evacuated. Otherwise, the volcano ash and dust would pose a great threat to their health. So, Tzu Chi volunteers also mobilized to help the evacuees. Three days after the eruption of Mt. Sinabung, Tzu Chi volunteers distributed supplies to people in 12 shelters. Worried about the health of those affected, our medical volunteers also worked with local doctors to hold free clinics for those in shelters.

They offered services of ophthalmology, chest medicine, and general medicine at the free clinics. See, wherever there are people in need, Tzu Chi volunteers will go there to help. Our volunteers in Indonesia has truly done a great job. Whenever a disaster strikes, they will quickly mobilized to offer help. This is how Tzu Chi volunteers worldwide give of themselves to help the suffering.

Since the day before yesterday, Tzu Chi volunteers have been providing aid and medical supplies to those in shelters. So, on behalf of the locals, I’d like to thank Tzu Chi once again. All this is made possible by love. So, we truly must inspire more people to give with love. I want to be an engineer. I want to be a surgeon. I wan tot be a doctor. I want to be a psychiatrist. I want to be an actress. I want to be a businesswoman.

These children are graduated from the school we built in the Dominican Republic. The locals really value education and make good use of this school. See how they share the classrooms with some attending classes in the morning some in the afternoon, and some in the evening. In the evenings, classes are available for adults and even those in their 50s or even 70s also attend classes to learn to read.

Though they cannot write, as long as they can learn to read, they’ll be able to read the Bible. See how devoted they are. I was illiterate, but now I can write my name and read. I’m grateful to God for giving me good health and strength. I can read the alphabet now. The teachers are very loving and patient. Education gives them hope. They don’t want to remain illiterate all their lives.

See how diligent they are. To them, no one is too old to learn. Their spirit is truly admirable. They don’t ask for much. All they want is blessing from God so they can have good health, peace, and safety. See how eager they want to learn to read the Bible. The school has given everyone an opportunity to attend school, be it elementary school, high school, or adult school.

Education has given them hope. Looking back to 15 years ago, Central America was devastated by two hurricanes. At the time, Tzu Chi volunteers across Taiwan mobilized to collect used clothes and shipped them in 60 containers to the affected countries in Central America. That was how our affinities with the Dominican Republic, Honduras, El Salvador, etc. began and how we started to carry out Tzu Chi’s work there.

Take the Dominican Republic for example. When our volunteers were there, they were shocked by what they saw. There was a very large garbage dump that many people were surviving off of. When the garbage truck came, people would swarm over to dig through the garbage for food. It was truly shocking to see how people lived like this. So, it was such a sight that had motivated us to do something to help.

Eventually, our volunteers in the U.S. decided to build a school there for them. After the school was built and the garbage was cleared, the area has now become an upscale residential community. At every graduation ceremony, all graduates from our elementary school and high school will wear caps and gowns. See how much they value the ceremony and want to make it as dignified as possible as education has brought them hope.

So, seeing their graduation ceremony every year. I also feel much hope. Indeed, education brings hope. I’m truly very grateful to all Tzu Chi volunteers worldwide for giving of themselves like this to help the needy. Wherever there are people suffering, they’ll be there to help. Wherever there are people who lose hope for life, they’ll be there to give them hope. It’s truly very touching.

All this can be done. As long as we can inspire more people to give with love, we will achieve even more.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: