Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20131010溫馨義診‧勤募菩薩Widely Recruiting Bodhisattvas

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2495
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20131010溫馨義診‧勤募菩薩Widely Recruiting Bodhisattvas  Empty
發表主題: 20131010溫馨義診‧勤募菩薩Widely Recruiting Bodhisattvas    20131010溫馨義診‧勤募菩薩Widely Recruiting Bodhisattvas  Empty周二 10月 15, 2013 10:05 am

We see very heartwarming news from our TIMA doctors in Vietnam who have begun to visit remote areas to provide free clinics.  These areas are very far and very remote.  

Among our volunteer doctors, there is an elderly couple in their eighties.  Though retired, they did not stop volunteering with TIMA.  Both of them continue to help patients because they believe in our mission.

For this free clinic at a remote village, they not only provided consultations, but also donated eyeglasses to patients in need.  This elderly couple who are doctors not only offer their skills but also resources.  Though retired, they still give of themselves.  Their spirit is very touching and admirable.  

Also, in Los Angeles, U.S.A., our volunteers drove to a remote area to provide free clinics.   They do this for the sake of helping the people in hardship.  Poor people who have been sick for months or years have no means to get the treatment they need.

For these patients who live in such a remote area, our volunteers will find ways to help.  Also, for our volunteers who live in a society or country experiencing unrest, they still bravely go forward to help.

For example, in Zamboanga, Philippines, we had thought that the siege had ended, with peace restored.  However, skirmishes are still being reported, with sounds of gunshots being heard.  So, the situation there is still worrying.  To make matters worse, heavy rains caused flooding in the area that’s already damaged by the rebels’ clashes with the military.  Many people have already been made homeless.

Now they have to suffer through this flood.  With man-made conflict and then natural disaster happening, I hope people there can curb all unwholesomeness sincerely while there is still time.

In a word, the abnormal climate is caused by the unwholesomeness in people’s hearts.  When a small number of people give rise to unwholesome thoughts and foment unrest, it will be like the butterfly effect, leading to unthinkable outcomes.

So, I really hope our volunteers there will inspire more people to become volunteers.  After all, our volunteers are still too few in number there.  Right now, there are only about twenty Tzu Chi volunteers there.  However, community members come to help when there is a special need.

We saw our volunteer in Malaysia.  Their goal for this year is to inspire and recruit one million donating members.  I’m truly touched.  They have been going on the streets to inspire people to donate and do good deeds.

We saw that some people were very receptive and amiable in listening to them while others gave them the cold shoulder and just walked off.  When this happened, they just reminded themselves that this is all part of their cultivation. Carrying out Tzu Chi work is a training in working well with others

Everywhere is our place for learning and cultivating ourselves.  See how they humble themselves to talk to people on the streets.  A few days ago, we saw the Low family in Kedah, Malaysia.  The family of over 60 people are all involved in Tzu Chi.  They donated their land for Tzu Chi to build a meeting hall.

They helped develop Tzu Chi in Kedah and provided land to build a Jing Si Hall there. This Jing Si Hall is a very big practice ground filled with volunteers rich in.  Tzu Chi’s renwen values.  It was made possible by the Low family who work together with unity, harmony, and love to do good deeds.

They are so diligent in doing good that all siblings in the family are certified Tzu Chi volunteers.  Even their spouses and children are inspired to become volunteers.  They have over 60 people in the family who are Tzu Chi volunteers.

They all work together with a united heart to do good deeds.  They’re truly admirable.  Such a family is very rare.  With them setting such an example of dedication, our other volunteers in Kedah are also very dedicated in doing Tzu Chi work.

We also saw a volunteer from Malaysia.  Even though she I just a housewife, her diligence in doing Tzu Chi’s work is very touching.  She joined Tzu Chi in 1996 and was certified as a volunteer in 2007.  Across all these years, she has stayed true to her initial aspiration and takes on more responsibilities.

I was scared to talk to people originally.  After I participated in the charity visits, I realized Tzu Chi needs a lot of money to help people.  If I don’t let people know what Tzu Chi is doing, that’d regrettable.  As long as we have the heart to do it, we can quickly increase the number of our donating members.

If we can inspire more people’s kindness, then with more funds raised, Tzu Chi can help more people.  Actually, her health is not very good.  One time, torrential rain caused her home to become flooded. She has also been injured too.

Yet, every time she encounters obstacles and challenges, she continues with Tzu Chi’s work and keeps moving onward.  She doesn’t stop just because she encounters obstacles.  Her determination, diligence, and perseverance are truly admirable.

Her wish is to inspire the the goodness in people’s hearts.  Such is the heart of a bodhisattva.  A bodhisattva is always thinking about spreading the Dharma to people.  This is truly not easy.  

We see that be it our Tzu Chi offices in Penang, Kedah, Malacca, Kuala Lumpur or Selangor, all of Tzu Chi Malaysia have the unified purpose to reach out to one million people who don’t know about Tzu Chi and inspire them to give and join our bodhisattva mission.

It Tzu Chi volunteers in every country can have such intentions and dedication to share about Tzu Chi with everyone they meet and reach out to and inspire love in everyone, then people’s hearts wouldn’t go out of balance.

Only when people have the Dharma in their hearts can their hearts become peaceful and harmonious.  If people’s hearts are not harmonious, violent conflict will continually break out.  When humans create a lot of crises, natural disasters will certainly be frequent.

To save the world, we need to begin with transforming people’s hearts.  I hope everyone will truly be more mindful to learn how to help the world and realize the deep lessons of Dharma contained in it so that we can balance our heart and mind and live by the Dharma in our hearts and actions.  

If we can do that, it will be better for our world.  I hope everyone can truly take initiative to search for and learn the Dharma in this world.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: