Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20131017敬畏天威.以病為師Caring for People`s Body and Mind with Love

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2495
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20131017敬畏天威.以病為師Caring for People`s Body and Mind with Love  Empty
發表主題: 20131017敬畏天威.以病為師Caring for People`s Body and Mind with Love    20131017敬畏天威.以病為師Caring for People`s Body and Mind with Love  Empty周六 10月 19, 2013 7:01 am

A few days ago, Typhoon Nari and Typhoon Wipha formed over the sea far off Taiwan around the same time. One headed west and the other moved northeast. They both brought disaster to the countries in their paths.

There are truly many disasters around the world. Two days ago, an earthquake struck Cebu and Bohol in the Philippines. The scene of devastation was horrifying to see. Roads were cut off and houses collapsed.

The earth shook all of a sudden and many houses were destroyed in an instant. More than 550,000 families have been affected and many buildings, including churches and schools, were damaged or collapsed. The devastation was widespread.

See how powerful the earthquake was. We also see the flooding in Zhejiang, China. Over the past few days, Tzu Chi volunteers have been providing care to those affected have been providing care to those affected. The local authorities were very impressed to see our volunteers going from door to door to bring supplies and comfort to those affected.

By doing so, they’ve warmed people’s hearts and set their minds at peace and ease.

In the aftermath of disasters, people often feel helpless, anxious, and worried. At a time like this, what they need most is the warmth and care from others to help settle their minds.

We also see Xiaodong from Xiamen, China. He is only 31 years old. For many years, his body had all curled up. So, not only were his bones bent, his soft tissues, including tendons, ligaments, nerves, etc., also became tight and stiff. So, it was not easy to operate on him.

But our medical team thought of a way to adjust the operating table to accommodate his body posture so that during surgery, he could kneel down as he could not lie face down.

Yesterday, his doctor, Honorary Supt. Chen, came to see me and explained to me how he is doing. The good news is that Xiaodong will be discharged from the hospital soon.When he first came, his body all curled up. At the time, his spine had bent nearly 130 degrees and his hip joint had bent nearly 70 degrees.

Altogether, his body had bent almost 200 degrees. Honorary Supt. Chen told me that Xiaodong’s body was so deformed that his soft tissues could be displaced, so he could only operate on him with experience and instinct.He said the surgery was very difficult.

If he cut a nerve, Xiaodong would be paralyzed for life, and if he cut one great vessel, Xiaodong could die from bleeding. So, there were many difficulties, and it required a medical team to overcome them.

When I praised him yesterday, he said: “It’s not me. It’s teamwork”. After five complicated operations and the care of our medical team, including anesthetists, orthopedists, physiotherapist, etc., Xiaodong is able to stand up and walk now.He can even push her mother around in the wheelchair.

His mother came to Taiwan with him because she had a car accident and broke her leg. Although she had surgery in China, the locking plate in her leg broke. So, when she first came, she still needed crutches to move around.

Later, she also had an operation at our hospital. She recovered well, and for the past few months, she had been helping with our recycling work every day. She also comes to the Abode often to help with our cleaning work. See how she can squat down to wipe the floor.She has recovered completely.

So, they can both return home healthy. Xiaodong’s mother has completely recovered like a normal person and Xiaodong’s body has been corrected by 140 degrees. Six months later, he might need to come back.

I hope he’ll continue to receive physical therapy because the soft tissues in his legs are still tight and stiff. Despite the operations, there are still 30 degrees to go on his spine and 30 degrees on his hip joint.So, he has to keep stretching. It’s very hard work. Xiaodong has suffered a lot. Time and again, he’s received five operations. It’s truly not easy for him.

In a few days, people from Xiamen Charity Federation will come to Taiwan and bring him back to Xiamen. He’s very blessed indeed. See how he has not only received medical help, but also much love from people around him.So, he’s recovering both physically and emotionally.

In the past, he buried his face in his hands. But now, he can sing for others. “I’m grateful to everyone around me and for every day I’ve lived in peace and joy.”Next, he’ll have to do exercise himself. Our doctors will contact the local hospital about how to help Xiaodong with his physical therapy.

Apart from that, he needs to work hard himself and practice walking often. You look different. You can walk now. You’re a handsome man now. I’m very grateful to our doctors, nurses, and physiotherapists for caring for Xiaodong, as well as to those who have helped with his operations, including orthopedists, anesthetists, etc.

Anesthetists are indispensable. What follows is physical therapy, which is as important as medical treatments. So, both are required Seeing how Xiaodong and his mother have got better and can go home soon, I’m truly very happy.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: