Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20131114一念永恆淨濁世Spreading Wholesome Teachings for a Better World

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2495
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20131114一念永恆淨濁世Spreading Wholesome Teachings for a Better World  Empty
發表主題: 20131114一念永恆淨濁世Spreading Wholesome Teachings for a Better World    20131114一念永恆淨濁世Spreading Wholesome Teachings for a Better World  Empty周一 11月 18, 2013 9:22 pm

Just now, I heard several of the staff from our cultural center share with us their personal reflections, heartwarming stories about their work, etc. I also heard that many of our staff have won awards or been nominated.

What’s most important is that we’re working to spread the most beautiful essence of humanity. By spreading the beauty and goodness of humanity, we allow everyone to see it and inspire them to reflect upon what they can do for our society.

Thanks to modern technology, we’re able to learn what is happening around the world. I’m grateful to our news term for doing a good job so I can quickly learn about the work that Tzu Chi volunteers do around the world as well as news about global events and current affairs, or stories about people and society, etc., which are all very informative.

Then, I’ll in turn share what I’ve learned in my daily TV program, Life Wisdom. Many people who watch the program have been inspired to do good. For that, I have our staff to thank. Because of your work, I’m able to learn so much and further share it with others.

So, I’m also very grateful to those who produce my daily program for quickly sharing my messages with people the very day I deliver the speech. For that, I’m truly very grateful.

Lately, I often hear people say: “Hold on to our aspiration forever”. Indeed a thought we give rise to can decide what we do for the rest of our lives.Although a thought arises in just a second, it can have great impact on our lives.

That’s why I often remind you to be mindful, and I hope you can be mindful of every thought you give to at every moment.Similarly, if we are mindful of what’s happening in society, we’ll have a better understanding of what’s right or wrong.

I am very grateful to the Buddha’s wisdom. Over 2,000 years ago, he spoke of how the future world would be filled with impurities. Isn’t that what our world is like now? A muddy pond can become beautiful because of the presence of lotus flowers.

Similarly, a world filled with impurities can be purified with the beauty of humanity. So, I hope the media can work hard to spread the goodness of humanity. Nowadays, technology is very advanced. Within seconds, we are able to spread messages of goodness and truth to people around the world and help better their lives.

So, we must report what is true and tactfully guide the public to have correct views. In these times we live in, it’s not easy to do that. So, we must use our wisdom so we can guide people onto the right path. We truly need to be very mindful.Taiwan is like a oat on the sea. How do we steady the boat in the waves?

I believe the media has great power to do that. By that, I don’t just mean Da Ai TV.I earnestly hope that all those in the media can also realize that speaking kind words and doing good deeds can bring us joy and peace.When everyone is happy and at peace together we can help to make Taiwan a better place.

So, I hope we can share with people more of the brighter side of humanity. Due to our ignorance, all that is wholesome has been distorted. This is how our ignorance can turn wholesome teachings upside down. So, only when we have correct views will we realize what we’ve done wrong and improve.

Last week, Tzu Chi volunteers from 32 countries and regions came to Taiwan to cultivate together and be certified. Many of them shared how they’d awoken from their deluded ways and turned their lives around after watching Da Ai TV.

When I was young, I worked in a nightclub and got addicted to drugs. When I got pregnant at 28, I stopped using drugs. But after the baby was born, I started using drugs again. My husband didn’t know what to do, so he asked our friends to talk to me. For the good of my child, I decided to quit drugs. A year later, I was bored by family life, so I started using drugs again. But I’d promised my family to quit drugs, so I took to drinking instead. Once, I was so drunk that I rammed my car against someone’s fence. I just couldn’t help myself.

This volunteer is form Malaysia. Thanks to the guidance of our volunteers, she began to volunteer with Tzu Chi and listen to my talks on Da Ai TV. Eventually, she quit drinking. She is also very diligent in learning the Dharma and is now a certified volunteer. Her family life has also improved. Indeed, to err is human. The key is to reform. To help people reform, we need to find ways. With proper ways, they can be helped.

Nowadays, the best way to do that is through technology. By making good use of modern technology, we can share wholesome teachings with people and help them change their wayward ways. See how many people have changed for the better.

But, apart from Da Ai TV, we need other TV stations to work together with us to spread love all across Taiwan.Only then can Taiwan enjoy lasting peace and harmony and forever serve as a center of the Truth that disseminates wholesome teachings to other parts of the world.

I hope we can use technology to spread wholesome teachings instead of using it to bring turmoil and impurities to the world.It all depends on how we make use of it. I’m grateful to you all. Time keeps passing us by and I can never say “thank you” enough. Let us work hand in hand to better our world. Thank you all.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: