Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20131120 恒持初心度人間Safeguarding Our Aspiration and Putting It into Practice

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2495
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20131120   恒持初心度人間Safeguarding Our Aspiration and Putting It into Practice Empty
發表主題: 20131120 恒持初心度人間Safeguarding Our Aspiration and Putting It into Practice   20131120   恒持初心度人間Safeguarding Our Aspiration and Putting It into Practice Empty周二 12月 03, 2013 5:05 pm

As I was certifying our volunteers from China, each of them told me where they’re from. Despite coming from different parts of China, you all share the same heart and mind and are very clear about our mission in the world.

We should know that when we pass away, we can nothing with us but our karma, which is accumulated life after life through our words and deeds. Over 2,000 years ago, we might have listened to the Buddha preaching together. At the Dharma assembly held at the Vulture Peak, we might be there together listening to the Buddha expounding the Dharma.

It’s just that I’m more committed to my conviction and I remain on the path single-mindedly. Over countless lifetimes, we’ve kept forming good affinities with one another, and we’ve been carrying the seeds of Dharma with us life after life. But you might have spent more time playing. Although you’re doing good deeds, that’s not your focus in life. That said, our affinities are still very deep.

Among those who came onstage earlier, there were several elderly volunteers who told me they are from Dazhou, Sichuan. Hearing that, I felt like giving them a hug. After the Sichuan earthquake five years ago, they’ve been inspired to volunteer with Tzu Chi. And, in order to learn the Dharma and promote Tzu Chi’s work, they even travel to Chengdu, rent an apartment there, and stay there two weeks a month.

Seeing how diligent those elderly volunteers are, I’m truly very moved. It really makes me love them so much. These were the volunteers. I saw at today’s certification ceremony. The volunteers from China who were certified this time come from many provinces. The lotus flower they wear symbolizes the purity of heart.

We also heard a volunteer share her addiction to gambling. She’d drive to Macau and gambled to the point that she lost herself and forget about her daughter. I got divorced ten years ago. But because I made a lot of money, I led an extravagant life. I met some bad friends and began gambling.

Every day for three years, I went to Macau to gamble and neglected my daughter. In 2007, I had a car accident. So, a Tzu Chi volunteer gave me a ride. That’s how I joined Tzu Chi. Before, my daughter and I didn’t get along. Now, she supports me to volunteer with Tzu Chi. We’re very close now. Fortunately, there’s Tzu Chi. Tzu Chi has helped many families and purified the hearts of many people.

Actually, the credit should not go to me, but to each and every Tzu Chi volunteer. Tzu Chi volunteers vow to help people and they live out their vow in action. When people see how they help others, they are touched. So, they are inspired to do the same and give with love in their everyday life.

This is how we can inspire more people to serve. In this world, there are indeed many people suffering and disasters also occur frequently. Hearing what our volunteers in the Philippines updated me about the situation of typhoon survivors there, my heart truly aches. The devastation is widespread and people suffer unspeakably. So, we’ve been preparing whatever supplies they need for them.

As medical care is also needed, our doctors in Taiwan will be leaving for I also told our Philippine volunteers to quickly start a cash-for-work relief program because some areas were completely ruined. Instead of seeing people sit there worried, we should inspire them to do some work so they can feel motivated and useful again. This way, they can also give of themselves to help their communities recover.

This time, our instant rice has truly served its purpose. The first shipmen has arrived. People at the Abode are now busy preparing more instant rice to be sent to the Philippines. In all, the disaster in the Philippines this time has brought unspeakable suffering to locals. Seeing disasters like this, we must awaken to the lessons they bring. Disasters are unpredictable.

See how Sichuan, China was hit by two major quakes in 2008 and this April. After the quake in 2008, we helped to rebuild 13 schools there, and we see that the principals and teachers are all very mindful in guiding their students. As for the quake this April, our relief effort is still going on. I hope that those of you from China will hold on to the vows you just made will hold on to the vows you just made.

It is easy to make vows, but hard to maintain them. That’s why you need to safeguard your aspiration all the more. For all the vows you made, I’ve kept them in mind. It’s my hope that your vows can be fulfilled. Living out your vows is a lasting commitment, not jus a fleeting thought. So, we truly must be mindful. Time waits for no one.

As I often say, time is running out. Our time is indeed running out. So, we must seize every moment we have. It is through time that things are achieved, and so is our spiritual cultivation. So, learning that you’re listening to my Dharma talks, I’m very happy. It’s not enough to just be a good person who does good deeds. What I hope the most is that everyone can aspire to be a bodhisattva and take the Dharma to heart.

Only when you take in the Dharma can you have an abundance of spiritual wealth, which will remain with you life after life. So, I hope everyone can learn the Dharma every day. Apart from doing good to benefit humanity, what’s more important is to take in the Dharma so you can become a bodhisattva with wisdom and pure, enlightened love.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: