Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20131121《人間菩提》合和互協守初心To Guard Our Initial Aspiration

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2495
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20131121《人間菩提》合和互協守初心To Guard Our Initial Aspiration  Empty
發表主題: 20131121《人間菩提》合和互協守初心To Guard Our Initial Aspiration    20131121《人間菩提》合和互協守初心To Guard Our Initial Aspiration  Empty周二 12月 03, 2013 5:14 pm

Everyone has many things they want to say to me I also hope more of you. I also hope more of you can share your thoughts so we can know one another’s hearts. Though this is my hope, time is so limited. Such is the way it is in life. Time and space define our world

So, I hope you will always cherish time. Then, the space that you know will be expanded. Take China for example. China covers a very vast territory. Given that its area is very large, we need to walk on the same path. What path is this? The Bodhisattva Path

To walk the Bodhisattva Path, you need to learn the sutras’ teachings. The sutra teaches us about life’s principles. The life principles show us a path to walk on. The sutras teach us life’s principles, which show us a path in life. So, when I’m explaining the Dharma, you have to listen with sincerity so that you may know how to walk this Bodhisattva Path.

If you know how to walk the Bodhisattva Path, you will know how to first be a good human being. So, if we can be a good, upright person, we’ll naturally be able to serve as a bodhisattva and take up the Bodhisattva Path. Walking the Bodhisattva Path means we are already taking in the Dharma and understand the Buddha’s teachings and the life truths he explained.

Yet, while doing Tzu Chi’s work, we also have to listen to the Dharma at the same time. So, you have to diligently listen to the Dharma. Every morning I give a Dharma talk, how can you miss is because you’re still sleeping? So, it’s best that you get up early to listen to my Dharma talk.

Of course, it’s best if you all meet in one place and listen together which creates a good environment for learning the Dharma. After listening to the dharma talk, you can all share what you’ve learned and gain a better understanding of the teaching. Do you understand? Yes

I’ve heard reports about how our volunteers in Malaysia are very diligent in learning the Dharma. After they listen to my Dharma talk, they hold a discussion session to share what they’ve learned. If someone doesn’t understand the teaching, those who understand it will explain it to them so that everyone in the group learns the Dharma more deeply.

Then, you’ll be able to look at thing with the perspective of Dharma Do you understand? Yes The Dharma helps us deal with everyday things. So, we need to unite our hearts with the Buddha’s and nurture a heart of equal compassion for all. The Buddha loves all living creatures as if they were his children.

So, as we learn the Buddha’s teachings, we need to harbor such a heart of compassion, for the Buddha’s heart is a heart of great compassion. The best way for us to start nurturing compassion is by eating vegetarian. This is compassion for all life. If we have such a heart of loving all creatures equally, that will be most auspicious.

We need to be of one heart and that heart is the heart of equal compassion for all. We also need to be harmonious. For that, we need to give joyfully. That’s giving of ourselves willingly where we help one another and support and encourage one another to make big vows together to reach out to and benefit all living beings.

Getting everyone together in making these big vows that’s the spirit of harmony. If we all get along well and are in harmony and accord, others, seeing this, will feel so joyful. They’ll think, “What a beautiful group this is”. “They’re all doing good deeds”. “I really like them, so I’ll join too”. So, we have to get along and be in harmony.

Being harmonious means giving joyfully with big vows gives us great blessings. We also need to love one another. We should have a broad, open heart and think wholesome thoughts. By loving one another, we will gain greater strength and capacity. Then, when doing things together, we will all be at ease, without afflictions. This comes from loving one another.

We also need teamwork. Working as a team, we unite for a greater cause. I am grateful for your help and you also respect me for my contribution to the team. So, everyone has gratitude and respect for each other and joins efforts. This is teamwork. Letting go of personal issues for a bigger cause gives us greatest peace and inner freedom.

We can then walk the Bodhisattva Path peacefully, without afflictions. It all comes down to our hope and aspiration. Everyone’s aspiration should be to be a team working in harmony and unity, with love for one another. Such a goal is like what each of you expressed in your sharing.

In summary, to have blessings and wisdom, we have to stay true to our initial aspiration in our cultivation. It’s easy to make a vow but hard to follow through. You have made such grand vows, like inspiring everyone to be vegetarian. See, such a vast vow. This is very good.

Such love is the greatest. We have to cultivate both blessings and wisdom. Making your vows today, you should carefully look after your heart of aspiration, as persevering will be challenging. That’s why we need to guard our heart of aspiration. Do you understand? Yes

So, your vow today is a vow for forever life, life after life. Can you keep it forever? Yes Good, I am grateful to all of you. Time passes by incessantly, without mercy. Although we have so much love in our hearts to share with others, yet there is no time left. We cannot be given more time Therefore, we really should seize time. Do you understand? Yes

Good. Thank you for your contributions. Upon your return, please be diligent. You’ve made your vows. Most important is holding on to that aspiration. My well-wishes and gratitude to you all.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: