Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20131129人間菩提 ~福慧之光燈相傳Creating a Pure Land on Earth Through Giving with Joy

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2495
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20131129人間菩提 ~福慧之光燈相傳Creating a Pure Land on Earth Through Giving with Joy  Empty
發表主題: 20131129人間菩提 ~福慧之光燈相傳Creating a Pure Land on Earth Through Giving with Joy    20131129人間菩提 ~福慧之光燈相傳Creating a Pure Land on Earth Through Giving with Joy  Empty周三 12月 04, 2013 1:02 am

As I traveled south and arrived at Tzu Chi Gangshan Complex, I was surprised by what I saw. I dropped by unannounced, so no one knew I was coming and no once expected to see me at that hour. But when I arrived, I saw that the entire place was very tidy and clean and there were many recycling volunteers sorting recyclables there. From that way they do their work, I could how they have respect for Mother Nature and cherish our resources. It’s truly very touching.

I also saw a retired school principal, teachers, entrepreneurs, etc tending the complex mindfully. So, be they elderly, middle-aged or young people or even small children, everyone gives of themselves with the same love and works for a common good cause. 

When I was in Taipei, I met with our volunteers from over 30 countries and regions who came to Taiwan for camps. Although they speak different languages, they share the same spirit of humanity. Seeing that, I truly feel that people in the world are actually the same.

Buddhism speaks of the Pure Land. Over 20 years ago, we launched a series of events to invite people to join our efforts in turning our world into a Pure Land. Now, we’ve seen the Pure Land before our eyes.

See how Tzu Chi volunteers worldwide have all taken the Dharma to their hearts and worked to relieve suffering with the spirit of Bodhisattvas. Seeing this, I am truly very touched and grateful.
In this world, there are many people suffering. So, those who are safe and sound should pool together their love to help those in need. This is how we can contribute our part to help others.

Take for example the disaster in the Philippines this time. Learning of the disaster, our overseas volunteers attending camps in Taipei, including those from poor areas, all donated to help the Philippines. As I traveled south, I also heard our volunteers in many part of Taiwan share how they’re grateful for their safety after seeing the disaster in the Philippines.

I often remind everyone to count their blessings and sow more blessings. Many people have truly done it. For example, one of our honorary board members in Taipei took his sister-in-law and nephew to meet me in Kaohsiung and donate money to help the Philippines. They were so full of love that they traveled all the way from Taipei just to donate the money for our relief work in the Philippines.

This is how we can count our blessings and give with gratitude. Learning how blessed we are, we should sow more blessings by giving of ourselves with joy to bring comfort to the suffering, thereby passing on the light of wisdom to them. This is how we can sow blessings.  When we go to the aid of those in need, we give the light of blessing and wisdom to them. And when we pass on the light to others, we sow the seeds of peace and blessings for our world.

In mid-November, there were over 80 tornado reports in the Midwest of the U.S. Many people were affected. After surveying the disaster situation, Tzu Chi volunteers have mobilized to provide aid.
This is a major disaster in the U.S. Even in a wealthy country like the U.S., when disasters strike, people suffer all the same, not to mention the Philippines where a typhoon had wreaked havoc, destroying everything in its path.

Apart from providing material aid, we’ve mobilized many people to help. After being devastated by the typhoon, see how people’s hearts have sunk along with the wreckage on that piece of land. So many homes have been shattered. Tzu Chi volunteers have held a two-day aid distribution and launched a cash-for-work program there bringing hope to the locals.

During my trip this time, I’ve been keeping in touch with our volunteers in the Philippines every day. Their relief work is very challenging and toilsome. It’s truly very hard work. Yet, the situation there is getting better every day and there are many touching stories to share. Being safe and well here in Taiwan, we should be grateful. Seeing how there are so many people suffering in the world, we should cherish the peace and harmony in our society all the more.

So, we must work to purify people’s minds. Only then can there be peace in society and everyone and every family be safe and well. So, we must take in the Dharma and act in line with it. Only when we fully understand the Dharma can we walk the Dharma path with a peaceful heart. This is what we hope to achieve through purifying people’s minds.

On my way down south, our relief team, including doctors from four of our hospitals and our medical volunteers arrived in the Philippines on Nov 22 to help people in the worst-hit areas. They stayed there for five days, and no works can describe how hard they’d worked. When they were returning to Taiwan and waiting for their flight at the airport in Manila, they heard a broadcast announcing their presence and thanking them for being there to help the typhoon survivors in the Philippines.

Hearing the announcement, everyone at the airport gave them a big round of applause. The power of love is truly amazing. When I arrived in Kaohsiung on Nov 26, they’d completed their arduous work in the Philippines and returned to Taiwan. See how they even received a round of applause at the airport in Manila. I’m grateful to the doctors who went this time.

Indeed, what’s most important between people is love. Only love can ease the pain in people’s hearts. Only love can bring people spiritual wealth. And only spiritual wealth can bring people happiness and true blessings.

回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: