Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20131020《人間菩提》創造人生真價值Creating a Life of Value

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2495
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20131020《人間菩提》創造人生真價值Creating a Life of Value Empty
發表主題: 20131020《人間菩提》創造人生真價值Creating a Life of Value   20131020《人間菩提》創造人生真價值Creating a Life of Value Empty周三 12月 04, 2013 1:12 am

He’s resting for a while. He usually does this? Yes.
I go out around 7 or 8 A.M. and go home after 10 A.M.
Don’t you get tired? No.
I walk slowly. She will pick up recyclables for me. I speak mostly Taiwanese, which she understands a little.

Look at this elderly volunteer in his nineties. He and his wife used to go around with a cart every day to do recycling. They had been doing this for 10 to 20 years. This April, his wife passed away peacefully, without any pain or illness. But he did not stop doing recycling because of this. Look at the young lady who’s taking care of him. She also helps him.

Though she’s a foreign worker who is not fluent in Taiwanese, she can understand him, and they get along very well. His children are all very successful and are filial to him. But he is very devoted to doing recycling work, because it helps protect the Earth.

We also saw him writing passages urging people to do good. What wisdom he has. He understands what is important in life. Since he was young, he has been harboring a good heart and doing good. He continues to do this event now. He is truly admirable. Though he’s in his old age, he continues to do good and spread goodness.

We also saw our volunteer Wu Chen-zhu. She’s in her seventies. She has survived many cancers and still faces life with gratitude.

You were close to 70, when you found out you needed brain surgery. After the surgery, you were certified as a Tzu Chi commissioner. Who would’ve imagined that you’ll have other illnesses. Right. You were then diagnosed with cervical cancer? Yes. You had surgery to remove your uterus and ovaries. After that, you had surgery on your knee. Then you discovered blood in your stool for three months. After a colonoscopy, you were diagnosed with rectal cancer.

My daughter did not dare to tell me. I told her to tell me the diagnosis. Then she said, ”It’s cancer.” For a second, I was speechless. You were only speechless for a second. Yes.

Despite the pain from her illness, she always has a smiles on her face. She overcomes the pain with the strength from love and determination. She seize every moment she has to care for the environment. Looking at her, we can’t tell that she’s suffering from illnesses. Despite her condition, she took it upon herself to continue Tzu Chi’s work.

She’s spreading the Dharma with her living example. Such inner strength is truly not easy. She doesn’t just speak on the teachings. She lives them out and sets a living example. She’s truly admirable.

If we listen to Master’s talk at the Morning Volunteer Assembly, we’ll be very healthy spiritually. The more I do, the better my health gets. I can listen to Dharma and grow in wisdom. Then I can take care of people and matters in a better way.

Indeed, in these times and circumstances, every one of us really needs to balance our own hearts and then furthermore take in the Dharma. We moreover need to live out the teachings so that the Dharma is in our hearts and in all we do, for we need to bring this Dharma to others and inspire more people to learn the Dharma.

Everything needs to begin with our own actions and conduct. Our volunteer’s example is very moving and makes us respect her very much. There are truly many touching stories about our recycling volunteers. I am very grateful to all our recycling volunteers. They have so many stories. They really care for the Earth and their ways inspire people and purify their hearts.

These volunteers also help people in need with love. I really want to say a heartfelt “Thank you” to all these bodhisattvas.

We also see a boy who used to always have to have steak or shrimp at meals. Now, to help spread the Dharma and do good deeds, he is willing to become a vegetarian. He also started saving money in a coin bank. He has remained committed to doing this and has been doing it for some time now. This is very touching. He also records down in a booklet, the good deeds he had done and the nice words he had said to others.

This is a way to educate children. These small bodhisattvas are from ages three to six. Though they are so young, they want to spread the Dharma. So they committed to presenting a sutras adaptation and to abstain from meat as part of the practice. They do this to spread the Dharma. It is very touching to see this.

We also see that in Kaohsiung, Mr. Kuo Meng-yung a musician of renown led people to sing songs which he had composed based on my sayings and teachings. So, the lyrics contain teachings I had shared a long time ago. He set them to music so they can go on to inspire people and transform their hearts. So, the Dharma and sutras aren’t limited to reciting or chanting. They can also be sung, and not only that---they can also be expressed through body movements and sign language.

We also saw Swaziland. Since last year, our volunteers from South Africa have been going to Swaziland to inspire the local people to do good and become rich in heart. They visited many times to bring the locals to visit people in need in the community. Now we see that there are local Swazi bodhisattvas. Though their own lives are hard, they’ve nevertheless become very rich in heart.

They regularly visit people who are poor and ill in the community to help them with tidying up their homes. They also help the people to get cleaned up and refreshed as well as bring them supplies. These volunteers used to be poor both materially and spiritually. Now, though they are still materially poor, their hearts are full of spiritual riches.

We see that with the guidance and care from our South Africa volunteers, their hearts are now full of love for others and this love gives their hearts peace so they can be at peace with the world and furthermore have a lot to give to others so they can help others.

We can see how such Dharma can enter people’s hearts and purify their hearts. So, in Tzu Chi, we use many different methods to reach out to people and inspire them to bring forth the purity and love in their hearts to help others. This is very important. This is called “recruiting bodhisattvas”---we hope that everyone will be a bodhisattva. If everyone in this world is a bodhisattva, then there will be world peace and harmony.
回頂端 向下
在線

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: