Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20131202以感恩心過秒關To Face Every Passing Moment with Gratitude

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2495
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20131202以感恩心過秒關To Face Every Passing Moment with Gratitude Empty
發表主題: 20131202以感恩心過秒關To Face Every Passing Moment with Gratitude   20131202以感恩心過秒關To Face Every Passing Moment with Gratitude Empty周四 12月 05, 2013 9:26 am

I’ve been away for 24 days. Indeed, at my age, such a trip really is very tiring. But when I start to feel the physical exhaustion, very quickly, scenes of the disaster area in the Philippines would enter my mind. I remember on Nov. 8 in the Morning Volunteer Assembly, I had told everyone that a typhoon had formed very quickly in the Pacific I asked everyone to please be vigilant and pray sincerely, especially those in the Philippines.

That day, I left Hualien and traveled to Taipei. As soon as I arrived, I was joyfully greeted by everyone who were so happy to see me. But, that evening on the news, I saw the devastation in the Philippines. I became very, very concerned and worried.

The next day, I had to be in Sanchong to certify volunteers from around the world. My heart was actually very heavy. But, seeing that our volunteers had traveled from countries across five continents, I had to collect myself and bring myself back so I could properly face these volunteers.

They are usually in their own respective countries so far away from me in Taiwan and they have traveled halfway across the world or more to come to Taiwan. It was not easy for them to be here.

So, I had to collect myself and focus on their certification ceremony and give them the opportunity in the afternoon to meet with me as a group where they could share about the work they do in their community or their feelings about carrying out Tzu Chi’s work as well as how they came to be involved in Tzu Chi and what they’ve gained from the experience.

So, even though I knew the Philippines had suffered such a big disaster, I had to focus on the volunteers who’ve returned from worldwide. In fact, the Philippines has suffered from many typhoons this year back in July and August. In September, Zamboanga experienced a siege by armed rebels.

Then, in October, an earthquake struck Bohol Tzu Chi volunteers were involved in bringing aid in all these disasters in just a few months’ time, the Philippines has suffered one major disaster after another I don’t know how to describe the deep pain and suffering I feel for the people in the Philippines. No words can express my grief and sorrow.

Yet, for every disaster, I see our Tzu Chi volunteers going to provide timely aid, like the super Typhoon Haiyan Yolanda this time, which brought major devastation to the Philippines. The heads of Tzu Chi Philippines who were in Taiwan accompanying volunteers immediately started the relief effort upon returning to the Philippines.

So, four days after the typhoon struck, they were already in the disaster area. With roads and infrastructure damaged, getting about was not easy. They had to overcome many challenges as they started to plan for disaster aid. On the first day of our cash-for-work program, more than 600 people participated. Yesterday, over 20,000 people participated. Each day, the number of participants gradually increased in number. Now, there’s over 20,000 in one day.

This cash-for-work program is good. It helps me and my family with allowance.

Now is our especially difficult time. Only you came to help us. So, all of us residents of Tacloban City are very thankful to Tzu Chi. With your presence, we are revitalized again.

We see how they’re gradually recovering little by little. Our volunteer Luo Meizhu from Taiwan has built close bonds with the locals in the two weeks that she has been there because she helps with preparing the instant rice and some local kids would help her fetch water as part of the cash-for-work program.

He is very sweet and wants to go with us to help me carry vegetables. He’s truly thoughtful.

I have learned a lot from the cash-for-work program I learned how to work with others and also not to use my earnings frivolously I learned how to be more frugal.

One time, she was walking on the street and saw a child selling bread. She wanted to buy the bread, but realized that she had no money.

You want this?
You want to buy for me?
Yes, I will pay this for you.
Thank you very much! He wants to buy this for me.

See how she has received this gift from a teenager. It is truly touching. All in all, though there is much suffering in this world, it is also full of love and care. Of course, Tzu Chi volunteers worldwide all care about this disaster very much Tzu Chi volunteers in over 30 countries are soliciting donations in the streets. They cannot go to the disaster area, but they still lend their efforts while those in the Southern Hemisphere solicit donations under the beating sun.

Volunteers have also responded quickly to go to the disaster area to serve. To date, we’ve had medical professionals from eight countries rotating to serve in the disaster area. In the Philippines at this time, besides volunteers from Taiwan, there are also volunteers from Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, and Malaysia, also with our local Philippine members.

So, there are Tzu Chi members from six countries gathered there. Our volunteers from the U.S. and Zimbabwe have left the Philippines, but I saw that upon their return, they quickly got involved in the fundraising effort. They are living bodhisattvas. It is very moving.

In the past few days, since their return, our doctors have been sharing with each other their disaster aid experience. They also reported on what they witnessed there. Yesterday, on our car ride back to Halien, Asst. Supt. Hsu reported to me the situation in the disaster area. All in all, this experience has created a lasting impression on him. Truly, I’m very grateful.

It’s not possible for me to share with you all the details. However, you really must watch the evening Da Ai News. It will have a complete coverage of the day’s relief work. With support and help from a local telecommunications company and DAAI TV Indonesia we can transmit news footage back on the same day. So everyone please watch closely to see how our volunteers are carrying out work there.

In summary, with many people giving their love we see that people are kind in nature. Yet, natural disasters are so powerful and life is impermanent. In this disaster, we’ve seen many heartwarming stories, but also much tragedy and suffering. This is why we need to harbor a heart of gratitude every day and live every second, every day, and every year with gratitude.

回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: