Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20131204以工代賑啟真心 Helping People in the Philippines Rebuild Their Lives

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2495
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20131204以工代賑啟真心 Helping People in the Philippines Rebuild Their Lives  Empty
發表主題: 20131204以工代賑啟真心 Helping People in the Philippines Rebuild Their Lives    20131204以工代賑啟真心 Helping People in the Philippines Rebuild Their Lives  Empty周五 12月 06, 2013 2:15 am

We see that Super Typhoon Haiyan has caused widespread devastation in the Philippines. So, we’ve sent several teams of Tzu Chi members to help with relief effort there. Also, many of our Tzu Chi volunteers in the Philippines, including Alfredo Li, Michael Siao, Henry Yunez, Manuel Siao, and James Chua, etc. have been dedicated to the relief work without rest.

With the way they devote themselves to helping those affected, they’ve formed a close bond with the locals. I don’t get enough sleep and have lost my voice, but I’m very happy. Seeing the smiles of disaster survivors, we know what we do is wroth it. Whenever there are disasters, this is what we must do. It’s our mission. I’d be lying if I said it’s not tiring because we have to face all kinds of people and many had doubts about us in the beginning.

But we’ll continue with the mission. I think this is how Master is teaching us to have a heart of great compassion and love.

The loving bond between people is truly wondrous. The locals did not know our volunteers before, but now they’ve very close to one another. In fact, living this world under the same sky and on the same land, we really should trust and treat one another with a kind and simple heart.

If everyone could do so, people in the world would be genuine and sincere to one another. People in the past used to say that a family in harmony will prosper, and a country in harmony will be wealthy and strong. So, in a family and country, if people could trust and love one another, it would be the best.

Since we launched the cash-for –work program in the Philippines this time, the locals have signed up for nearly 230,000 shifts so far. Many of them even declined their wages because they wanted to serve their own people unconditionally just like our Tzu Chi volunteers. So, many have put on our volunteer vests and are serving as our volunteers now.

Some even returned their wages to our volunteers and said: ”You came here to help us.” “You not only brought us material aid, but also inspired us to give with love and to rebuild our own lives. We’ve learned so much from you and that is not something money can buy.” They also said that money will be used up someday, but our love will stay with them forever.

One of the locals went onstage to repent. He said, “ I received two days’ wages, but I did no work at all. I feel ashamed, so I returned the money.” Another local shared that the money they got from us will be used up one day, but the love and care they received from us and the aid and the support we gave them to help rebuild their lives is something they’ll never forget.

We came here to help, so we’ll do our best and use our compassion and wisdom to help people here.

One thing worth mentioning is that, as Tzu Chi volunteers all have environmental awareness and have been recycling and reusing things that people discard, they encourage the locals to sort out usable metal sheets and wood from rubble to build their own shelters. So, many people have sorted out and collected useable building materials from debris and used them to build a temporary place to live.

Although it is simple and crude, it’s better than having nowhere to live. The whole community is gradually livening up as many streets and roads have already been cleared. So, the locals are very grateful. For the cleanup, about 40 trucks as well as backhoes and bulldozers are mobilized every day.

See how the trucks line up one by one and go back and forth to transport the garbage to dumps. We also see how our instant rice has well served its purpose this time. Every day, our volunteers have to prepare meals fro over 10,000 people. And yesterday, there were around 30,000 people. How do they manage to serve so many people and how many volunteers have to cook?

Our volunteers said that they are now very good at cooking the instant rice and everyone loves it. I see that they’ve got the knack of cooking instant rice. Hearing that the locals enjoy the food, we are very happy. I need to decide how much to cook. I also told our local volunteers not to waste anything, not even a grain of rice.

Although everyone was exhausted and some even lost their voices, when asked if they were tired, they all said they were very happy. Their body is tired, but their heart is filled with joy. They’re truly very helpful. What they do has benefited a lot of people because they provide meals for so many people who can then have enough energy to work.

Also, our temporary shelters have been shipped to the Philippines. Our volunteers have set up a temporary shelter to be used as a classroom for the local government to inspect. When all temporary classrooms are set up, local children will have places to study in with Great Love and wisdom can benefit many children and bring hope to their future.  There are many touching stories to share.

I’m grateful to local Tzu Chi volunteers for tirelessly working in the disaster areas from the beginning. I’m so grateful to our Tzu Chi volunteers from eight countries for going to the Philippines to provide timely aid. Seeing the disaster areas slowly recovering, I am very comforted. However, we still have to stay vigilant at all times and pray sincerely for our world. May there be favorable weather and peace and safety in the world.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: