Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20131206菩薩不獨子其子Creating a Cycle of Love by Inspiring Everyone to Give

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2495
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20131206菩薩不獨子其子Creating a Cycle of Love by Inspiring Everyone to Give  Empty
發表主題: 20131206菩薩不獨子其子Creating a Cycle of Love by Inspiring Everyone to Give    20131206菩薩不獨子其子Creating a Cycle of Love by Inspiring Everyone to Give  Empty周一 12月 09, 2013 2:41 pm

‘It’s now 4.30 p.m., November 8 in Zimbabwe. The first well we dug in the community here has just been completed’

With the will and love, every one man can inspire many people to give, creating an endless cycle of love.

We all know that Zimbabwe is a country in Africa. I’m grateful to our volunteer there, Mr. Zhu. From Da Ai TV, he saw how our volunteer in South Africa, Mr. Pan, has inspired so many locals to volunteer with Tzu Chi. So, Mr. Zhu was determined to do the same.

He first went to help school children by shaving the heads of over 30,000 children who were affected with scalp ringworm and then spraying disinfectant on their scalps.

In the beginning, many parents were hesitant. They thought: “Why would a man of a different skin color come here to help us?” They had their doubts. But seeing how Mr. Zhu continued to care for the locals with love, the parents gradually realized that his love is sincere and unconditional.

So, over the years, Mr. Zhu has inspired many people to take part in Tzu Chi’s work and helped them see the spiritual wealth in their hearts.

Although they are poor materially, Mr. Zhu has shared correct values with them, guiding them toward the right direction in life. So, many have give up their bad habits and started leading a more meaningful life.

Mr. Zhu also built temporary classrooms for them. As the land there is dry and full of boulders, it was truly no easy task. But the locals were all very willing to help. The women there are so strong that they even went to help move boulders away. See, when people’s love is inspired, they’ll do whatever they can to help us complete a task quickly.

After the classrooms were set up, children were able to study inside. This is much better than studying under the beating sun.

The children were really studious. When I saw a child’s notebook that our staff brought back from Zimbabwe, I could hardly believe that I was handwritten because the writing was very neat.

Also, as they’re lacking in water, it’s difficult for them to take care of their personal hygiene. So, after building temporary classrooms for them, Mr. Zhu told me that because the locals were short of water, he wanted to dig wells for them.

So, he hired machinery to dig the first well. They kept digging until the water that came was clear and clean. See how overjoyed the locals were just to have clean water to use.

See how orderly there were on the day the well was inaugurated. So, when we pave a broad and smooth path and use wisdom to guide people, they will follow us onto the path we’ve paved.

Now, not only can children receive good education, parents are also volunteering with Tzu Chi. By giving with love like this, they’ve set an example for others to follow.

See how they line up to get water with without pushing and shoving. Seeing them we really should count our blessings and cherish what we have. Only then will we work to sow more blessings by giving of ourselves to benefit humanity. This is what it means to count our blessings and sow more. It is truly very beautiful to see.

Lately, I’ve often praised our local volunteers in Zimbabwe. Every one of them is a shining pearl to me. When they came to Taiwan last month, they all made vows to benefit others.

They also gave a performance in the formation of a Dharma ship and sang the song very well. When they first learned to do this, Mr. Zhu wanted them to imagine the ship sailing on raging waves on the sea. But they couldn’t imagine the sea or waves as Zimbabwe is a landlocked country and most of them have never seen oceans.

When I saw them this time, every one of them shaved their heads. I asked them why and they said it means rebirth. When their hair grows back after they return, it means that their lives have started anew. Seeing how they were given a new lease on life like this, I’m very happy.

Our local volunteers from Mozambique also came to Taiwan last month. Learning of the disaster in the Philippines, they donated the coins they brought back for me to help the Philippines.

The coins were all nickels and it was NT$1,150 (about US$39) in total. So, I donated the money for them and kept their coins so we could use them to make our hong-baos next year to be given to our volunteers in Mozambique.

See how kindhearted they are. Although they are poor materially, they’re very rich spiritually. Such love they have is really very moving.

We also see the Philippines. It’s been nearly a month since the country was hit by a typhoon. Our cash-for-work program there will come to an end soon.

See how clean the roads have become and how busy the markets are as people’s lives are going back to normal.

All in all, in Zimbabwe, we see how Mr. Zhu has inspired so many locals who despite being materially poor are giving of themselves joyfully and enjoying an abundance of spiritual wealth. In them, I’ve seen hope.

As for the typhoon-stricken Philippines, within a month, see how the disaster areas have recovered and become so clean and beautiful.

I’m very grateful by giving of ourselves selflessly with love, the Earth and everyone in the world can all enjoy peace and safety. This is our earnest wish.

回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: