Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20131211 至誠之愛永留傳The Beauty of Sincere Love

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20131211 至誠之愛永留傳The Beauty of Sincere Love Empty
發表主題: 20131211 至誠之愛永留傳The Beauty of Sincere Love   20131211 至誠之愛永留傳The Beauty of Sincere Love Empty周六 12月 14, 2013 1:23 am

I’m very grateful to Tzu Chi Foundation for giving us so much help. I also want to be a volunteer not only because I want to help others, but also to learn from Tzu Chi.

Thank you so much. Master, we love you.

What we see is truly beautiful. In this world, although there are people suffering, there are living bodhisattvas going to their aid. In the end, a beautiful, genuine and loving bond will from between them. Seeing that, I am very grateful. It’s been over a month since Super Typhoon Haiyan caused great devastation in the Philippines. In the aftermath, Tzu Chi volunteers went there to carry out relief and work together with those affected to rebuild their community.

With Tzu Chi’s cash-for-work program, the locals worked hand in hand to clean up the disaster areas covered in wreckage and debris. At first, they felt down, hopeless and dispirited, but our volunteers kept encouraging them: “Look up and smile. There’s hope ahead. Do some work as exercise” Let’s rebuild your homes together”.

Our volunteers used all kinds of methods to encourage the locals and uplift their spirits. So, every day, more and more people took part in our cash-for-work program. Altogether, the locals took part in nearly 300,000 cleaning shifts. With everyone’s help, the devastated areas gradually recovered. Roads were cleared and have become clean, many shops are open, and power supply has been restored in some areas.

People’s lives are going back to normal. There is a Mr. Jack Uy, who is the president of the Filipino-Chinese chamber of commerce in Tacloban. He visited Tzu Chi’s relief operation center yesterday to express his gratitude. On behalf of all Chinese and businessmen here, I’d like to express our gratitude to Tzu Chi. Thanks a million.

He also said that before the cleanup, there was a strong stench everywhere in Tacloban.

After the typhoon, Tacloban was strewn with dead people and animals. So, the entire city smelled very bad. But, the name “Tzu Chi” emits a fragrance. Wherever Tzu Chi volunteers are, when people see you, they call out “Tzu Chi”. Tzu Chi’s name is as fragrant as flowers.

He was very touched by Tzu Chi. So, yesterday he told me that all the Chinese businesspeople in Tacloban wanted him to convey to me their gratitude to Tzu Chi volunteers as everyone has been working hard to help Tacloban recover. While speaking, he even got choked up because he was very moved. He also made a promise.

If Tzu Chi needs any help from us just name it. We will give you our full support.

Indeed, wherever there is suffering, bodhisattvas will appear and help to lift people out of their suffering soon. We also see that in Dulag, our volunteers gave out aid supplies to 1,954 families two days ago. As the locals were in dire need of help, our volunteers went to provide aid.

During the day, with the sun beating down, everyone was drenched in sweat. So, some of the locals tried to use umbrellas to provide shade for our volunteers, but our volunteers said they were fine. It was truly heartwarming. But the distribution continued into the night. I’m very grateful that our volunteers had the solar-powered LED caps.

When the cap was being designed, I had offer many suggestions, and one of them was that the cap could be equipped with a light so that our volunteers carrying out relief could see, read documents, etc. at night. Now, such a cap has finally been invested and it is truly very useful and helpful. This is a result of love.

Over the years, I’ve been thinking that with so many disasters in the world, as we quickly mobilize to carry out relief, what would be the most important equipment we need that can ensure the safety of our volunteers. So, I’m very grateful that in Taiwan, we have volunteers in different fields and professions. Whatever supplies and devices we need, they’ll hard to design and invent them.

When our volunteers use these inventions, they are all very grateful. Our volunteers serving in the Philippines have never thought that their work is tiring. Instead, they feel blessed for being able to serve. As our emergency relief effort there is drawing to a close, I told them that the work should not just be completed, but should come to beautiful end.

Our volunteers give with the spirit of truth, goodness, beauty, and selfless love, bringing joy to everyone. As the locals said, the money we give them will be used up, but our love for them will last forever. That’s right. The loving bond we’ve formed with them will remain in their hearts forever. As long as they remember Tzu Chi, they’ll think of the strength that Tzu Chi has given them. This is very important.

Many of the locals, both children and adults alike, wrote letters to thank Tzu Chi. Such is the loving bond between people. Although we live in a time where climate conditions are erratic and disasters of all kinds are occurring in many parts of the world, we’ve seen people reaching out to help one another with love.

This is how people, no matter where they are, can seize time to give with sincere love. How beautiful it is.

回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: