Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20131230醫護之愛‧善用資源The Love that is Beyond Money

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20131230醫護之愛‧善用資源The Love that is Beyond Money  Empty
發表主題: 20131230醫護之愛‧善用資源The Love that is Beyond Money    20131230醫護之愛‧善用資源The Love that is Beyond Money  Empty周五 1月 03, 2014 2:17 am

I’m so moved and extremely grateful. I don’t know what words to use to express this. I am truly very grateful. You medical staff becoming Tzu Chi commissioners and Faith Corps members makes me very happy. Medical care is something that requires professional expertise I cannot help ill patients.

Every time I see people who are ill suffering helplessly, no matter how much I care for them, I am powerless to help them. That is why I place so much hope on you medical staff. As long as we have a hospital and all of you doctors, nurses, pharmacists, lab technicians, etc. really put your hearts into taking good care of patients, that alone already makes me very, very grateful.

We saw Ci Yu. She is a documenting volunteer in Tzu Chi and very diligently records the many real-life stories in Tzu Chi. This is to save history and to bear witness to our times. Now she has found herself in our recorded history.

I used to document our stories. Back then, I only knew thatour medical teams are very professional. I didn’t really understand how tough and challenging it is to be a doctor and to carry out medical care to save people Dr. Lin saved me a total of three times. I am very grateful to him and his team. Not only did my surgeon operate on me for 11 hours, he’s also conducted a surgery that lasted 15 hours till almost 4 A.M.

I still want to thank Master for building Taipei Tzu Chi Hospital. Our medical team here at the hospital is very strong and professional. Though I represent internal medicine, we have a team working together, i.e., Dr. Chia-Chi Wang, Dr. Tsung-Hsien Hsiao, and Dr. Jiann-Hwa Chen. They work with very fine equipment to make a prognosis.

After identifying the cancer, the patient can be surgically treated, followed up by chemotherapy or radiation to provide a complete treatment for the patient. Of course, treating cancer is sometimes very daunting and not easy. So, as doctors, we all are extremely careful in doing our best.

Without the chance to live, we can’t strive for a meaningful life or a better life. All is possible only because we are alive and healthy. Who is there to safeguard our life? That’s the role medical personnel I’m grateful that you medical personnel can agree with Tzu Chi’s values and integrate them into your work, even joining Tzu Chi’s volunteer training to gain a deeper understanding of Tzu Chi I’m also very grateful that you embrace Tzu Chi’s mission and become a Tzu Chi commissioner or Faith Corps member which is why this year-end time of certification is the happiest time for me.

For some of you to furthermore donate NT$1 million to become an honorary board member, I’m speechless I cannot find the words to express the deep gratitude I feel.

Dr. Lee cares about me and would always ask: You donate 75% of your salary, leaving 25% to live off of, can you get by ok? My husband, due to various reasons, is now the best homemaker.So, I’m very grateful to him.

I’m very happy coming here to work every day. Two or three years ago, when the superintendent and other hospital staff told us about being a honorary board member, actually, I didn’t hesitate for a second but agreed to do it right away.

Because many of my patients are Tzu Chi volunteers. When some treatments are self-paid, not under insurance, they’d stop and consider whether spending this money is really necessary. But they can donate NT$1 mill to Tzu Chi. So, I can see that for them, donating to help others is an honor. They’re doing it to create blessings for more people.

The Sutra of Innumerable Meaning says one Truth gives rise to innumerable meanings. This Truth is to see beyond what meets the eye. As the true nature of things is formless, money is more than just money but a wonderful Dharma that can be used to help people. Being part of Tzu Chi, thanks to this Dharma, we can carry out work to benefit and save people’s lives I hope everyone can come together with this spirit to help people.

That’s right. Money, used right, can save people’s lives. Because we are motivated by love for others, we know how to make good use of money and spend every cent of it on really saving and benefiting people’s lives.

Like in our Philippines disaster relief this time I kept impressing this message upon our volunteers in the Philippines in my daily video conference with them. Every day, with absolute conviction I’d tell them: You have to do this, do that and that. They followed my advice. When they returned to Taiwan recently I said to them:

Do you know why I dared to ask you to give such cash aid? I must first thank you for listening to me and acting accordingly. But what I am most grateful for is all the support from people in Taiwan. When everyone saw how worried I was about the survivors, they all generously came forward to support me by continually contributing funds.

So, I told our Philippine Tzu Chi volunteers how grateful I am, especially for all the love from around the world. So today, when I see you medical personnel continuing to work hard to fundraise to contribute to our disaster relief fund, I am so grateful. We should know that the elite who live in paradise cannot awaken to the Dharma because, busy enjoying life, they have no interest in Dharma.

Yet all of you well-respected doctors have such love and kindness as to make such a large contribution I am truly very, very grateful and extremely moved. I sincerely hope that all of you are peace making such a contribution and didn’t feel pressured into it. Every time I hear people planning to seek out the wealthy for big donations, I always remind them: It’s the heart that’s most important. For all who contribute, I hope they truly give with a sincere wish to help. Such love is beyond money. It cannot be quantified in dollar amounts.

Only such love has the capacity to make things happen to help people. Like in Tacloban, Philippines. In the disaster area now, shops have reopened for business. When our Tzu Chi volunteers visited the downtown area and saw stores open for business, some storeowners were still very angry because after the typhoon, their stores had been cleared out by looters.

So, even though they’ve restocked their stores and have reopened for business, they were still very angry and full of resentment.

They were even upset with Tzu Chi volunteers. Even though Tzu Chi’s organized cleanup had helped them to clear away debris so they could open their stores again and they’d thank our volunteers for this help, yet they complained that we gave cleanup participants too much cash aid. Why do you say that? We’d ask. They’d say, The typhoon already did us so much damage. Then, they came and looted everything.

Our leading volunteer in the Philippines told me this in a video conference I told him, You should try to tell them that money alone can’t accomplish anything. It’s because of people’s labor and efforts that your stores can reopen now. If there weren’t all these people who had willingly contributed their efforts who had willingly contributed their efforts to clean up the streets and clear away all the debris, how could you reopen your stores?

Though Tzu Chi earnestly wants to help the city recover, yet we don’t have manpower. We need the help of the residents who are also survivors in need. We weren’t hiring them as workers. We gave them cash aid to help them and invited them to lend their efforts to help clean up the neighborhood. Without all these people’s efforts, recovery wouldn’t have been possible. So, money wasn’t what allowed for recovery. It’s people and the efforts they contributed.

All in all, every cent of the donations is precious and hard to come by so Tzu Chi will be very mindful to use the money appropriately and not let any of it be wasted I am truly very grateful I hope we truly all share the same heart and are giving happily and willingly because we want to help people in this world who are suffering.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: