Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20131231 五濁惡世植青蓮Giving Rise to Good Thoughts and Living Them Out Forever

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20131231 五濁惡世植青蓮Giving Rise to Good Thoughts and Living Them Out  Forever Empty
發表主題: 20131231 五濁惡世植青蓮Giving Rise to Good Thoughts and Living Them Out Forever   20131231 五濁惡世植青蓮Giving Rise to Good Thoughts and Living Them Out  Forever Empty周五 1月 03, 2014 2:18 am

A thought that we give rise to in a second can set the course of our entire life. For every one of us, every second is the one and only. In our lifetime, there are numerous seconds. So, exactly which second is it that has changed our life? And, in which second have we made the vow to benefit others? I’m very grateful to the second that has impacted my whole life greatly. If it were not for the vow I’d made in that second, there wouldn’t be so many people sitting in front of me now, and.

I wouldn’t be able to learn about so many things in the world. So, a thought that we give rise to in an instant can decide the direction of our life. We heard Ms. Yang, a member of our teachers’ association, share with us how she dedicates herself to sharing Jing Si aphorisms with school children I hope that children can start learning Jing Si Aphorisms from a young age.

Even though I’ve retired, I should work harder to promote Jing Si Aphorisms to more schools. She hopes that by sharing wholesome teachings with the youth, they can be guided onto the right path in life. This is what can be achieved through education. Indeed, when we give rise to a good thought, although it is only for a second, we’ll be inspired to do good. So, we must hold on to that second forever.

I often say: “Seize the present moment” “and make it last forever” That’s right. We need to hold on to that second in which we give rise to a good thought and make it last for our entire lifetime. Every one of you who came onstage to be certified was so genuine and sincere. At this time every year, I’m most happy and comforted to see so many volunteers being certified. All I wish to do is to work for Buddhism and for all living beings.

So, I hope that when people learn the Buddha’s teachings, they can become inspired. In following the Buddha, what we should do is to learn his teachings. As everyone is different, the Buddha guided everyone differently. Back in his time, the Buddha had described in detail what our world today will be like and how the world we live in will be filled with a lot of impurities.

This is because people have incorrect views. Each person has his or her own views. We often hear people say: “So-and-so is very opinionated” or “So-and-so has his own views” Indeed, incorrect views will bring about impurities in the world. This is because every person has their own views and as people’s views grow increasingly different, there will be more and more conflicts.

People cannot tell right from wrong. They just do whatever they want and pursue after their own desires and interests. Because of that, greed, anger and ignorance are continuously being generated in people’s hearts, leading them to flight with and go against one another and thus causing misery to humanity. All this is caused by the afflictions and ignorance in people’s hearts, which will eventually threaten our lives.

Take Syria for example. Due to the civil war there, many Syrian people fled to other countries, such as Jordan, which is bordered by Syria. When they finally made it to Jordan, they had nothing at all. What should they do? Although they’ve fled Syria, many are injured or ill and they have no place to live.

So, Tzu Chi volunteers in Jordan constantly go to care for them and bring them supplies. Recently, the refugees have been affected by harsh winter conditions. This morning, our Da Ai TV staff came to share with me what they saw in Jordan. Many refugees’ tents have been crushed under the weight of snow and it’s muddy everywhere due to melted snow. So, many children’s feet and sandals are all covered in icy mud.

Seeing how they suffer in such bitter cold, my heart truly goes out to them. Also, to cook a meal, the refugees have to line up for public gas stoves. And it often takes them several hours to get their turns to use the gas stoves and cook. The places where children study are also very cold.

So, our volunteers brought them gas and heaters. Seeing how children gathered around the heaters, my heart was also warmed. Our volunteers in Jordan also care for the Bedouins regularly. In such a large desert area with so many refugees and people in need, it must be very hard work for our few volunteers in Jordan to carry out relief.  

In Taiwan, we have many volunteers. We’d like to go there to help the refugees, but it’s difficult because it is a manmade disaster and not everyone can go as they wish. In the Philippines in the aftermath of Typhoon Haiyan, Tzu Chi volunteers from 11 countries have gone there to provide aid. We’ve sent several relief teams there, including our medical volunteers.

That was a natural disaster. But the disaster in Syria is manmade and it’s difficult to go there. The refugees have truly suffered unspeakably. Everyone, when we give rise to a good thought, we need to hold on to it for the rest of our life. When we work to benefit our world, people in the places we go to will enjoy more peace.

Many of you who are certified today all wear a lotus flower on your chest. Lotus flowers grow from the mud yet remain unsullied by it. Likewise, although the world nowadays is filled with all kinds of impurities, our hearts must not be tainted by them. To open our eyes, we must go amongst people to serve.

Only then can we see how others suffer and come to realize how blessed we actually are and then work to cherish our blessings and sow more.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: