Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20131221善法滋潤正道The Dharma Teaches Us How to Live a Wholesome Life

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20131221善法滋潤正道The Dharma Teaches Us How to Live a Wholesome Life Empty
發表主題: 20131221善法滋潤正道The Dharma Teaches Us How to Live a Wholesome Life   20131221善法滋潤正道The Dharma Teaches Us How to Live a Wholesome Life Empty周五 1月 10, 2014 8:25 pm

We see that our volunteers in Canada care for homeless people at this freezing cold time of winter. They cooked hot meals for these homeless people. Also, they inspired many young people in a youth custody services centre to donate and give their love to let them experience the joy in giving and helping others.

These young people, who were originally cool and aloof, started to open their hearts and bring out their love and warmth. Our visit served as an education for them too. Also, our volunteers in the US recently received a package from a California prison. Inside this package, there were 21 bottles of instant coffee and 80 stamps.

Enclosed was a short note. The note said: “Inside a prison, there are many constraints so I can only send these goods. I hope people will be willing to buy them and let the proceeds be donated to help with the Philippine typhoon relief.” With that, our volunteers quickly started fundraising by selling this coffee. Some paid for this coffee without keeping it so it could be sold again.

This led many to contribute, with someone donating $2,000 for it and another donating $1,000, all in US dollars, not in Taiwan dollars. Many people donated and contributed. With everyone’s love, the amount raised from these goods is now more than US$10,000. Donations are still pouring in. See how such a ripple effect of love starting from inside a prison can inspire such a heartwarming response.

In Taiwan, our volunteers did outreaches to a prison in Hsinchi. They conducted a study group with inmates and had them present on stage the story of Ven. Jian Zhen. Those presenting onstage were required to eat vegetarian for 108 days. So, twenty inmates participated and gave their presentation on December 5. Their family also went to watch their presentation. After the presentation, one inmate repented his wrongs from the bottom of this heart to his mother.

This way of guiding people is really powerful in inspiring them to change. There is also the prison in Pingtung. Since last year, our volunteers have been holding sutra adaptation activities for inmates there. At first, over 200 inmates signed up to eat vegetarian. The prison invited our volunteers to continue the program. So, our volunteers asked that this time, beside those presenting onstage eating vegetarian, the audience should also eat vegetarian for that day.

So, the 2,800 inmates who watched the presentation all ate vegetarian. This is such a big impact. When I saws this news, I was very moved. Also, last time when I went to Pingtung for the Year-end Blessings Ceremony, several young men released from prison came to see me to express their gratitude to Tzu Chi.

They thanked Tzu Chi volunteers for going to the prison to share Tzu Chi’s spirit and our Jing Si Philosophy, which they can accept and apply in their daily lives. It helped their minds to calm down and aided them in doing self-reflection. So, after they were released, they really turned over a new leaf. They started with their family relationships. One young man came with their parents to see me.

“Congratulations on regaining a good son.”
“Has he been filial to you?”
“Yes, very filial.”
“Master, when he was released, he went home to repent to his parents and he respectfully served them tea. Even now, he still does this every day.”
“Keep up your filial behaviour, every day. Then, you won’t get lax and go astray again.”
“Yes, thank you, Master.”
“You make very good tofu pudding.”
“Thank you, Master.”

He is now running a street food stand selling tofu pudding. His business is doing well. He also sent me the tofu pudding he made. This is a case of someone who had gone astray but has turned back onto the right path and is now a very endearing person. There are several ex-convicts like him who purified their hearts and are starting life anew. It is truly touching.

Also, members of Tzu Chi Singapore recently, came together for a large spiritual assembly, presenting the Dharma in four sutra adaptations. We likewise asked for participants to uphold a vegetarian fast for 108 days. The presentation was inspiring in its beauty with all movements in perfect synchrony and all voices singing in unison.

This is the result of very diligent and dedicated practice. The rehearsal sites were provided by two volunteers both surnamed Sim. One Mr. Sim offered a large space in his industrial building for participants to hold their many rehearsals. The other Mr. Sim’s building was used for drum rehearsals. I heard his building is located farther away from the residential area so the drumming would cause less disturbance. But, the drumming nevertheless caused some windows in the building to crack.

From this, we can see how much hard work had to be put in to make the sutra adaptation possible and how much time was spent on rehearsing. Not to mention that it is meant as a spiritual practice for participants. The teaching in the adaptation all talk about the internal struggle between good and evil that we experience.

Yesterday, the head of Tzu Chi Singapore, Mr. Low shared that the portrayal of the mind being like an artist very much describes his own past. He had come from humble roots. But, after becoming a successful businessman, he started driving expensive cars and lived in a luxurious home. He went after worldly success, status, and material wealth.

But, after encountering Buddhism, as he started to understand the life principles the Buddha spoke of and walked the Tzu Chi path, he realized what is truly important in life and has returned to his original pure nature, full of love and compassion.

In a word, by participating in the sutra adaptation, we will gain many realizations. The Dharma is like water which can wash away our afflictions and inner impurities. The Dharma can help us to purify our hearts and minds. So, we really need to be mindful. Now, following the sutra adaptation, what is most important is continuing to be vegetarian and realize the Dharma.

Everyone, love is to be practiced in daily life. The Dharma teaches us how to live life. So, everyone, please be mindful at every moment.
回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: