Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

首頁首頁  相冊相冊  Latest imagesLatest images  會員註冊會員註冊  登入  

20140120至誠以法度自心 To Sincerely Take Buddha’s Teachings to Heart

向下 
發表人內容
王慮怡
無量光曜心
無量光曜心

文章總數 : 2487
威望 : 33
注冊日期 : 2012-11-03

20140120至誠以法度自心  To Sincerely Take Buddha’s  Teachings to Heart Empty
發表主題: 20140120至誠以法度自心 To Sincerely Take Buddha’s Teachings to Heart   20140120至誠以法度自心  To Sincerely Take Buddha’s  Teachings to Heart Empty周五 1月 24, 2014 2:58 pm

Time passes so quickly. Our Year-end Blessings Ceremonies in Taiwan finished two days ago I personally conducted 53 ceremonies, with over 100,000 attendees in total. At every ceremony, I witnessed our Tzu Chi volunteers diligently taking in the Dharma. They really displayed a sense of having understood and taken in the Dharma, for their movements were in perfect unison.

Everyone moved as one, and came together in seamless harmony I saw that our staff and volunteers in Hualien have taken the Dharma to heart and are changing themselves. The students of our Tzu Chi primary school also took the sutra adaptation seriously and took the teachings to heart and put them into action.

They understood it wasn’t a performance. This made me very happy and warmed my heart. The ceremony held in the afternoon included people coming from abroad to be certified as honorary board members. They had all generously contributed to support Tzu Chi. Such love was from all over the world. In that ceremony, I also really saw our local Hualien volunteers’ mobilization.

Their dedication and commitment really showed. Their movements not only were in unison, but were full of strength and power. It was truly praiseworthy I really saw they had Dharma inside them. Indeed, Dharma sometimes seems very intangible. When explaining the Dharma, it’s all very clear and matter-of-fact. But, the listeners still can’t understand or relate.

So, how much do people really take in and keep inside their hearts? We don’t know because that’s invisible. But, when thousands of people gather together and sing out the Dharma verses clearly, with voices in seamless harmony, we can see they really did learn the verses through group study and listening to Dharma talks.

We can see how everyone’s body, speech, and mind are all centered on this dharma teaching, which is why they can work together in unity and harmony to present the sutra adaptation in such unison I’m truly very grateful.

Our Year-end Blessings Ceremonies in Taiwan for this year have come to a close. Seeing my disciples taking the Dharma to heart brings me much comfort and relief. However, in recent years, we’ve witnessed more and more of what the Buddha described of an era when the world is very corrupt and impure and natural and manmade disasters start to happen repeatedly, at the same time, and with increasing frequency.

What is happening now in our world is what the Buddha described like a house on fire, with fires burning from all sides. You see, forest fires are raging in Australia and the U.S.A. both, in both the Northern and Southern Hemispheres. Also, there are floods in Asia. Heavy rains have caused major flooding in Indonesia. Our volunteers in Indonesia have begun disaster assessment and relief, starting two days ago.

The flooding in Indonesia is caused by the same weather system that brought rain to Tacioban, Philippines. So, for the past few days, even with inclement weather in Tacloban, our volunteers continued to work in the rain. They give of themselves very willingly, so it was a joyful, touching experience for them. Since January 11, our shelter design team have been in Tacloban building additional temporary classrooms.

Every day, they work in the rain. Our mission this time also includes aid distributions and holding Year-end Blessings Ceremonies as well as conducting disaster assessment in more communities and inviting people to our ceremonies. However, a few days ago, this weather system intensified into a tropical depression. So, we had to postpone our ceremony in Tacloban MR. Li, head of our Tzu Chi Philippines, called me and said: “Master, can you give us your blessings” “and make it not rain?”

I replied, “How is that possible?” “It’s a typhoon day!” They had already announced that the prayer vigil was to be postponed to the next day. So, they had to hold it that next day “Alright, but” “your piety and sincere prayer is the most key”

Yesterday noon, our staff, Joe Wang, told me that Mr. Li is very happy because it did not rain that morning. It only drizzled a little. The sky was cloudy but not very dark, so it was nice and bright without a beating sun.

Such weather seems incredible because it was a typhoon day. More than 20,000 people attended the prayer vigil. So, Mr. Li was very happy. He called back and reported: “Everyone was very happy and very inspired” I told him: “That’s good. But will the weather” “cooperate in the afternoon?” “You have to be very sincere in your prayer”

Yesterday afternoon, they called and said that it rained in the afternoon, with a bout of heavy rain, and then some light rain. As it was an outdoor stadium, with the wind and rain, all the attendees got wet. Yet, no one left. They willingly stayed on in the rain for the whole event. Moreover, because the grass field turned muddy, people’s feet and shoes were covered with mud. But all of them stayed on. No one left early.

They expressed that because they want to thank Tzu Chi, there’s no way they will leave in the middle just because of the rain. Hearing this, I’m very touched, but I also feel bad they were rained on.

On the phone, after Mr. Li finished speaking, he handed over the phone to Supt. Lai of our Dalin Tzu Chi Hospital Supt. Lai said, “It was truly” “an eye-opening experience” “It was very, very moving” Asst. supt. Wang of Hualien Tau Chi Hospital also said, “I was very shocked and moved”

In a word, such a prayer vigil with so many people deeply moved and inspired our volunteers. Some said they’d never seen the likes of it before. They also were very touched by the local people’s sincere piety. Hearing it touched me very deeply. Today, they’ll be distributing aid. So, they also prayed for no rain today. The chances of it not raining is higher today.

The fact that it didn’t rain during yesterday morning’s event is truly amazing. There are many touching stories about our disaster relief. In the aftermath of the typhoon, having so many people giving love to the disaster survivors there is truly touching. In conclusion, back in his time, the Buddha had foreseen a future where all types of natural and manmade calamities happen repeatedly, and we’re seeing this now.

So, we should really be vigilant and pious and deeply reflect on what’s happening and know the environmental impact of our lifestyle. We should really start with ourselves in making the needed changes in lifestyle. We need to take the Dharma to heart and live out its principles to be a good example to inspire other people. Everyone taking the Dharma to heart is the only way to a safer future.

In addition to transforming ourselves, we have to reach out to others. We must practice mutual love and care.

回頂端 向下

回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
 :: 菩提法水 :: The Superme Wisdom on Earth-
前往: